Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan is coming back 11:27 - Mar 27 with 22176 viewsChief

Say these

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/27/ex-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-agrees-deal-to-m

Few others picking up on too now

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Brendan is coming back on 13:39 - Mar 29 with 3030 viewsjack247

Brendan is coming back on 08:48 - Mar 29 by SwaneeRiver

Quite well is very apt.
Since Monk went, either Curtis singlehandedly or with Guidolin has overseen the less than inspiring games against Palace (home and away), Oxford, Sunderland, West Brom, Bournemouth and even the two underwhelming wins against Norwich and Villa.
My hats off to them if they keep us up (as I think they will), but we need more to take us forward and avoid more of the same next season IMO.

We were never going to start playing open, expansive football when we were in the situation we were when Curtis sand latterly Guidollin took over. It would have been a massive gamble. He has seven games to put his mark on the team. If we are still playing the same way by the end of the season, then I will agree with you. I don't think we will be though.
Brendan is coming back on 14:58 - Mar 29 with 2926 viewspencoedjack

Brendan is coming back on 13:39 - Mar 29 by jack247

We were never going to start playing open, expansive football when we were in the situation we were when Curtis sand latterly Guidollin took over. It would have been a massive gamble. He has seven games to put his mark on the team. If we are still playing the same way by the end of the season, then I will agree with you. I don't think we will be though.

I bet Newcastle fans would be happy with grinding out a few boring wins.

5 wins 2 draws 3 losses under Frankie is good enough for me.
Brendan is coming back on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 2902 viewsjack247

Brendan is coming back on 14:58 - Mar 29 by pencoedjack

I bet Newcastle fans would be happy with grinding out a few boring wins.

5 wins 2 draws 3 losses under Frankie is good enough for me.

It wasn't a criticism. I was explaining why we weren't currently great to watch. Playing the way we did to achieve survival was absolutely the right thing to do.
Brendan is coming back on 16:29 - Mar 29 with 2801 viewsacejack3065

I think Guido has been a massively stabilising influence since he came in and he's clearly given Curt a tonne of support, which he asked for. Thanks to the hard work from Curt and Guido we should be able to look forward to another year in the prem. Kerching.

However, if this is just a temporary arrangement I'd definitely look to move on. We've had the results to keep us up but if we had not beaten Everton, Villa, Norwich or Arsenal no one could complain as we certainly weren't dominant in those games and we rode our luck a fair bit too. This season could've gone horribly wrong if we weren't, well Swansea City I suppose.

I'm looking for us to open up a bit more now that we are on the brink of survival but If the performances don't improve then we will need to bring a new face in this summer. I don't see how bringing Brendan back would be a step backwards either. He knows the club, he made good signings and we played our best ever football under him.
Brendan is coming back on 17:19 - Mar 29 with 2750 viewskarnataka

Brendan is coming back on 16:29 - Mar 29 by acejack3065

I think Guido has been a massively stabilising influence since he came in and he's clearly given Curt a tonne of support, which he asked for. Thanks to the hard work from Curt and Guido we should be able to look forward to another year in the prem. Kerching.

However, if this is just a temporary arrangement I'd definitely look to move on. We've had the results to keep us up but if we had not beaten Everton, Villa, Norwich or Arsenal no one could complain as we certainly weren't dominant in those games and we rode our luck a fair bit too. This season could've gone horribly wrong if we weren't, well Swansea City I suppose.

I'm looking for us to open up a bit more now that we are on the brink of survival but If the performances don't improve then we will need to bring a new face in this summer. I don't see how bringing Brendan back would be a step backwards either. He knows the club, he made good signings and we played our best ever football under him.

I think that's a very fair assessment and there have also been a few other sensible posts on the subject which makes a nice change.

From what I've read, Frankie doesn't seem to have a reputation for boring, pragmatic football even though that is what is currently dragging us towards the safety line so I am intrigued to see what sort of a team he could turn us into given the opportunity. On the other hand, if he is already destined to depart, we obviously have to consider all our options and it may be better to get Brendan in on 16th May and get some new players in and have a full pre-season rather than spend a lot of time and energy to end up with someone probably no better just a few days before the start of next season. There are better managers than Brendan out there, we know that, but there are probably several hundreds of worse ones and while we may just be able to entice one of the better ones, you never know how good a fit they will be for us and whoever it is it would obviously be slightly more of a risk than a known quantity would.

I feel that Brendan wouldn't be my choice and maybe not even my second but then I don't really know who my first and second should be at the moment.
Brendan is coming back on 17:50 - Mar 29 with 2662 viewsacejack3065

Brendan is coming back on 17:19 - Mar 29 by karnataka

I think that's a very fair assessment and there have also been a few other sensible posts on the subject which makes a nice change.

From what I've read, Frankie doesn't seem to have a reputation for boring, pragmatic football even though that is what is currently dragging us towards the safety line so I am intrigued to see what sort of a team he could turn us into given the opportunity. On the other hand, if he is already destined to depart, we obviously have to consider all our options and it may be better to get Brendan in on 16th May and get some new players in and have a full pre-season rather than spend a lot of time and energy to end up with someone probably no better just a few days before the start of next season. There are better managers than Brendan out there, we know that, but there are probably several hundreds of worse ones and while we may just be able to entice one of the better ones, you never know how good a fit they will be for us and whoever it is it would obviously be slightly more of a risk than a known quantity would.

I feel that Brendan wouldn't be my choice and maybe not even my second but then I don't really know who my first and second should be at the moment.

We are all waiting with bated breath for this exciting football that we've heard about. I hope we do get a chance to see it before the end of the season.

As soon as the season went south and G-Monk went I was firmly of the opinion we need to grind out the points through every game as that's how poor teams survive. Points trump performances in a bad season and I'm glad we've had the ability/nouse/luck to grind out a few wins and draws. Now we need to realistically be planning for next season in the Prem and so should Guido if he's staying. He's going to need to show us a glimpse of the future Swansea city and whilst I'm not 100% on board right now, I'm open to be convinced.

Of course there are better managers out there than Brendan but if we still believe in the "Swansea Way" it has to be the right fit. The board tend to like the safe option these days and I think Brendan fits that description.
Brendan is coming back on 17:55 - Mar 29 with 2655 viewsdailew

I wouldn't be unhappy at the return of the Brodge.

He'd be keen to resurrect his career. Could be a good fit.

Left us in a good way leaving us £20m better off so surely no-one can bear any grudges.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Brendan is coming back on 19:31 - Mar 29 with 2581 viewsmonmouth

Brendan is coming back on 17:50 - Mar 29 by acejack3065

We are all waiting with bated breath for this exciting football that we've heard about. I hope we do get a chance to see it before the end of the season.

As soon as the season went south and G-Monk went I was firmly of the opinion we need to grind out the points through every game as that's how poor teams survive. Points trump performances in a bad season and I'm glad we've had the ability/nouse/luck to grind out a few wins and draws. Now we need to realistically be planning for next season in the Prem and so should Guido if he's staying. He's going to need to show us a glimpse of the future Swansea city and whilst I'm not 100% on board right now, I'm open to be convinced.

Of course there are better managers out there than Brendan but if we still believe in the "Swansea Way" it has to be the right fit. The board tend to like the safe option these days and I think Brendan fits that description.

Yes its always the teams that concede the most goals that go down. I expect the barcodes to tank as they stupidly spent all their money on 'flair' (ie woefully inconsistent) players and young attackers. They needed the likes of Huth...which I think saved Leicester last year. This is why we need to sort out full backs and a strong set piece centre back and/or get shot of the idiot goalkeeping/defensive coach as a priority in the summer, before getting all gooey about 20 goal wonder strikers.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Brendan is coming back on 21:09 - Mar 29 with 2498 viewsacejack3065

Brendan is coming back on 19:31 - Mar 29 by monmouth

Yes its always the teams that concede the most goals that go down. I expect the barcodes to tank as they stupidly spent all their money on 'flair' (ie woefully inconsistent) players and young attackers. They needed the likes of Huth...which I think saved Leicester last year. This is why we need to sort out full backs and a strong set piece centre back and/or get shot of the idiot goalkeeping/defensive coach as a priority in the summer, before getting all gooey about 20 goal wonder strikers.

Precisely. I'm convinced the scum would've ground out their season and stayed up if they hadn't sacked the racist. But f**k em.

Newcastle needed to sign a hard nosed bully of a player but instead they signed a petulant brat amongst some other players who flatter to deceive. Sunderland will stay up if Defoe keeps scoring. I'm still not convinced that Norwich can hack it.
Brendan is coming back on 09:48 - Mar 30 with 2359 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I hear that Brendan will be attending the Chelsea game as a guest of the board.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Brendan is coming back on 10:07 - Mar 30 with 2330 viewsLandore_Jack

Neil Taylor would welcome Brendan Rodgers return:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35922078
[Post edited 30 Mar 2016 10:07]

#backtojack

Brendan is coming back on 10:24 - Mar 30 with 2305 viewsacejack3065

Brendan is coming back on 10:07 - Mar 30 by Landore_Jack

hmmmmm, are the club getting the PR out there ready for his return?
Brendan is coming back on 10:52 - Mar 30 with 2262 viewsJohnw102

Brendan is coming back on 09:48 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

I hear that Brendan will be attending the Chelsea game as a guest of the board.

Which one?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Brendan is coming back on 13:21 - Mar 30 with 2112 viewsoldcob

As soon as he gets an offer he considers a better one, he'll leave us in the brown stuff again.
Brendan is coming back on 13:35 - Mar 30 with 2088 viewsjack247

Brendan is coming back on 13:21 - Mar 30 by oldcob

As soon as he gets an offer he considers a better one, he'll leave us in the brown stuff again.

He will, but so will anyone else.

I think we could do better than Brendan, but we could also do a whole lot worse. He would get us playing football again and I'm confident he would deliver survival comfortably.

With this being quite overt, does it mean we have already shaken hands with Guidollin and agreed to part at the end of the season?
Brendan is coming back on 13:56 - Mar 30 with 2061 viewsjacabertawe

Brendan is coming back on 10:24 - Mar 30 by acejack3065

Or a player saying the right thing, just in case....?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Brendan is coming back on 13:57 - Mar 30 with 2056 viewsjacabertawe

Brendan is coming back on 13:21 - Mar 30 by oldcob

Someone still regurgitating the same old stuff.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Brendan is coming back on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 1919 viewsSwansNZ

Brendan is coming back on 10:24 - Mar 30 by acejack3065

Was probably asked “would you welcome Brendan back at Swansea?” — he’s not going to say, feck that for a laugh.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Brendan is coming back on 21:58 - Mar 30 with 1891 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Not surprising because if FG stays and plays with wing backs who bomb forward at every opportunity Neil won't play much football next season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Brendan is coming back on 22:26 - Mar 30 with 1838 viewsswanseajack4eva

We need to look past Brendan .... he wasn't up for it in our hour of need ... this we don't forget (more importantly, Huw does not forget).
Brendan is coming back on 23:14 - Mar 30 with 1783 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brendan is coming back on 22:26 - Mar 30 by swanseajack4eva

We need to look past Brendan .... he wasn't up for it in our hour of need ... this we don't forget (more importantly, Huw does not forget).

Trouble is that Huw loved him first time round because he didn't feel threatened by him. Perhaps it won't work second time round

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brendan is coming back on 19:14 - Apr 4 with 1586 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Rumour now surfaced that these comments might have been what cost Neil his spot in the starting side. (See at the bottom of the story)

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Stoke-City-2-Swansea-City-2-Jacks-stayin

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Brendan is coming back on 19:26 - Apr 4 with 1530 viewsacejack3065

Still waiting for that attacking football I guess...

On Saturdays evidence I'd be looking for a new gaffer in May.
Brendan is coming back on 19:30 - Apr 4 with 1510 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brendan is coming back on 19:26 - Apr 4 by acejack3065

Still waiting for that attacking football I guess...

On Saturdays evidence I'd be looking for a new gaffer in May.

Plenty of attacking in the last 30 mins against a side we always struggle against.
The shackles could be coming off soon.
Be patient and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brendan is coming back on 19:33 - Apr 4 with 1494 viewsjack247

Brendan is coming back on 19:14 - Apr 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Rumour now surfaced that these comments might have been what cost Neil his spot in the starting side. (See at the bottom of the story)

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Stoke-City-2-Swansea-City-2-Jacks-stayin

When I read those comments I assumed a deal had already been done and Guidollin was fully aware of it. Pretty stupid thing to do if that wasn't the case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024