Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach 18:23 - Jan 17 with 33043 viewsGoth_Jack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35339215

Ride it like you stole it!

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:18 - Jan 17 with 3611 viewsGTCJack

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:19 - Jan 17 with 3601 viewsFlashberryjack

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:14 - Jan 17 by Jackfath

For weeks people have been guessing who could be our next manager. They've had moans and groans. Now, when there is some positive news, the usual suspects in their latest guises decide to tuen it into a thread about and attacking me.

It's good to see things are back to normal.

Who's attacking you ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:20 - Jan 17 with 3587 viewsSwanjaxs

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:18 - Jan 17 by GTCJack

Pair of conks on them two!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:22 - Jan 17 with 3533 viewsGowerjack

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:08 - Jan 17 by Gh0st

I think ones a teacher mate, they are all thick as f*ck these days.

As the saying goes...

"Those who can't, teach."

Yep.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:24 - Jan 17 with 3507 viewscrackerjack

Jesus H Christ!! This is the first positive news we've had for weeks & some on here are just bitching & moaning about it!

Feck my old boots!!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:27 - Jan 17 with 3439 viewsswanny

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:24 - Jan 17 by crackerjack

Jesus H Christ!! This is the first positive news we've had for weeks & some on here are just bitching & moaning about it!

Feck my old boots!!

'Tis the Swansea way. Feeling happier now.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:29 - Jan 17 with 3385 viewsBanosswan

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:22 - Jan 17 by Gowerjack

Yep.

Oops
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 20:38]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:30 - Jan 17 with 3366 viewsBLAZE

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?57132-Francesco-Guidolin-to-Swansea&s=60

They seem to think he was in the running for the Italy job 18 months back
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 20:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:39 - Jan 17 with 3256 viewsBanosswan

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:08 - Jan 17 by Gh0st

I think ones a teacher mate, they are all thick as f*ck these days.

As the saying goes...

"Those who can't, teach."

One's

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:39 - Jan 17 with 3251 viewsNeathJack

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:40 - Jan 17 with 3237 viewsGlyn1

Very underwhelming. Wasn't Pep Clotet available?

They might as well have given a British Championship manager a go.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:40 - Jan 17 with 3233 viewslancasterswan

A positive, positive move. As always, totally left field. I don't believe a single bookmaker read that. If anyone's cleaned up then let us know :) I have been hoping for days that 'Huw' is holding 5 cards close to his chest, so close that noone can see them. Perhaps this is the first card shown. I would love to think so.

30 years a coach and 61 years of age. This guy has been around the block and achieved some amazing feats of escapology. Fingers crossed and smiling. How have Watford's owners allowed this?

My only reservation is does the Swansea Way suit Italian Football ... seems something of a clash of styles here.
Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:42 - Jan 17 with 3196 viewsRevJames

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:40 - Jan 17 by lancasterswan

A positive, positive move. As always, totally left field. I don't believe a single bookmaker read that. If anyone's cleaned up then let us know :) I have been hoping for days that 'Huw' is holding 5 cards close to his chest, so close that noone can see them. Perhaps this is the first card shown. I would love to think so.

30 years a coach and 61 years of age. This guy has been around the block and achieved some amazing feats of escapology. Fingers crossed and smiling. How have Watford's owners allowed this?

My only reservation is does the Swansea Way suit Italian Football ... seems something of a clash of styles here.

The problem is the 'Swansea Way' doesn't seem to be working at the moment so let's try and get safe then start again next season.
Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 3118 viewsItchySphincter

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:30 - Jan 17 by BLAZE

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?57132-Francesco-Guidolin-to-Swansea&s=60

They seem to think he was in the running for the Italy job 18 months back
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 20:31]

Good find.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 3110 viewsSwanjaxs

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:40 - Jan 17 by Glyn1

So your not convinced then?......

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 3108 viewslondonlisa2001

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:40 - Jan 17 by Glyn1

Genuinely ridiculous post. You have no idea - no one does, but the guy is hugely experienced and has worked a lot with smaller teams.

Go back to worrying about Cardiff's promotion hopes.
Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:49 - Jan 17 with 3037 viewsAl_Bundy

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:40 - Jan 17 by lancasterswan

The relegation way v Italian way
Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:51 - Jan 17 with 3015 viewsItchySphincter

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:45 - Jan 17 by londonlisa2001

Genuinely ridiculous post. You have no idea - no one does, but the guy is hugely experienced and has worked a lot with smaller teams.

I don't think many on here know much about this chap but it's great news regardless. We now have a bona fide manager in the house.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:56 - Jan 17 with 2948 viewsGlyn1

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:45 - Jan 17 by londonlisa2001

You're absolutely right that none of us have any idea about him, especially me because I've never heard of him, and that doesn't inspire much confidence. If he was exceptionally good then he would have been mentioned several weeks ago.

How do his teams play? Can he speak English? Why wasn't he good enough for Watford?

And has he actually signed for us?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 20:57]

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:56 - Jan 17 with 2943 viewsGlyn1

DUPLICATE POST.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 20:58]

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:57 - Jan 17 with 2915 viewsicecoldjack

The feed back from Watford forum seems positive, and snippets coming in from elsewhere seem to point the same way.

He ticks the boxes so lets get right behind him.
Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:58 - Jan 17 with 2896 viewsshandyjack

positive step forward for the club, now onto tomorrow and getting 3 pts

Poll: Expectation for the season

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:59 - Jan 17 with 2872 viewsPacemaker

Francesco Guidolin enjoyed success at Udinese
Press AssociationLast updated: 17 January 2016, 20:38 GMT
Former Udinese boss Francesco Guidolin is set to be named Swansea's new head coach.

The Italian, who will work alongside Alan Curtis at the Liberty Stadium, has an interesting CV.

Here, Press Association Sport's James Cann looks at five things Swans fans should know about their new man.

1 He knows a thing or two about Swansea's next opponents

When Guidolin called time on his four-season stint as Udinese boss in May 2014, he kept working with the club's owners, the Pozzo family.

His brief was to supervise the three teams under the Pozzos' control - namely Udinese, Granada, and Watford.

And when Slavisa Jokanovic left Vicarage Road in the summer, Guidolin was almost asked to step in before the position ultimately went to Quique Sanchez Flores.

2 He could have moved to England nine years ago

"I would be pleased to have a professional adventure in England." In October 2007 an out-of-work Guidolin thanked QPR for their interest in him but turned down the chance to replace John Gregory.

The Loftus Road job went instead to Luigi De Canio - with then-owner Flavio Briatore determined to bring some Italian flair to the Shepherd's Bush outfit, who were then struggling in the Championship.

3 He failed to win big in Monte Carlo

Guidolin has coached outside of Italy only once before in his career. He signed a two-year deal with ambitious Monaco in 2005 but left the principality after a poor 10th-placed finish in his first season.

The Venetian was soon back at Palermo, the club he had previously restored to Serie A after a 35-year absence. Under his stewardship, the Sicilians finished fifth in 2007 to reach the UEFA Cup.

4 He is a promotion expert

This may be a bitter pill to swallow for Swans fans but it could well taste a lot sweeter in a year's time.

Guidolin forged his career in Italy on masterminding a series of improbable promotions. His unfancied Vicenza side climbed out of Serie B to win the Coppa Italia and qualify for Europe in the late 1990s.

He got the best out of Luca Toni as the striker hit 30 goals to fire Palermo into the top flight and when Parma suffered a shock relegation in 2008, Guidolin helped them bounce back immediately.

5 He turned Alexis Sanchez into the player he is today

Guidolin cannot claim to have recruited Sanchez himself - the Chilean arrived at the Stadio Friuli two years before him, in 2008 - but he certainly got the best out of the man from Tocopilla.

He is credited with transforming Sanchez from a winger into the creative forward who now provides such a formidable goalscoring threat for Arsenal. Sanchez was key to Udinese's fourth and third-placed finishes in Serie A, which brought about entry to the Champions League's qualifying rounds.

The likes of Jefferson Montero and Andre Ayew - or even Marvin Emnes - could surely benefit from an arm around the shoulder from the knowledgeable Italian.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 21:00 - Jan 17 with 2847 viewsBLAZE

Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 20:51 - Jan 17 by ItchySphincter

I don't think many on here know much about this chap but it's great news regardless. We now have a bona fide manager in the house.

Exactly. And one with masses of experience, especially with small to mid sized clubs that he's apparently consistently taken from the bottoom of the league to the top third. On the face of it I think this looks like a good fit for us

Also, my concerns about going for a manager without British experience (Magath at Fulham etc.) are eased by the fact Curt looks to be playing a large role still. I think that's important
Francesco Guidolin: Swansea City to appoint new head coach on 21:10 - Jan 17 with 2725 viewsNogginthenog

Italian coaches are normally very very well versed in the black arts of defending and Christ knows we need that aspect of our game to tighten up. If we can get that right we can then hope to form a platform for the rest of the team to build on. If he is coming I will welcome him with open arms if his CV is that good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024