Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28889 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:12 - Jan 7 with 2719 viewsjackharris

On Wednesday night I will be in full voice singing 'Alan Curtis' Black & White Army!' 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽Alan Curtis' Black and White Army!' #YJB #swans🏁

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:12 - Jan 7 with 2714 viewspencoedjack

Alan Curtis's black & white army.

COYS
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:13 - Jan 7 with 2700 viewsoldcob

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:09 - Jan 7 by Jock_The_Jack

I disagree, Curt's knowledge and experience as a coach far out weighs anything Shearer could've known when he took the Newcastle job. It's public knowledge that things started going wrong for Garry once he tried to move Curt "upstairs" along with some of the club's seasoned professionals. At this moment in time the players just need to be coached and nurtured a little and the results will come. Don't forget Curt has been part of the furniture at the Swans for a long time and will be well respected by all the players as an older/wiser figure. I think it's just what we need at this moment in time.

Good Luck Al! We're right behind you!!!

Exactly this Jock.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 with 2667 viewslovejuicejack

Move on quickly now and get a striker in asap
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 with 2664 viewsGlyn1

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:02 - Jan 7 by Drizzy

Parallels of Shearer at Newcastle.

I'd be happy with that. Just as long as it isn't a parallel of John Carver at Newcastle (a well respected Number 2 who inherited a struggling team and just couldn't manage).

But I'm fully going to support Curt, whatever happens won't be his fault, and I'm sure 90% of us will do the same.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 with 2658 viewslifelong

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:02 - Jan 7 by raynor94

Poor decision, but I'm 100% behind him

What options did the club have? It's obvious that any targets they had have turned us down.

Great respect to Alan for taking the job.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 with 2649 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting:-

“It’s an honour to be asked to manage this football club until the end of the season,’’ declared Curtis, who has served the club as player and coach for over 40 years. “If the club believes I am the right man to take things forward then I will give everything I have to the role.
“If I’m honest I didn’t envisage taking caretaker charge for more than a couple of games, as I’ve done on two previous occasions over the years. But as the weeks have gone on I feel I have grown into the job and I’m a lot happier now taking it until the end of the season.
“The biggest plus factor for me has been the response and attitude of the players. I think everyone who watches Swansea regularly has seen a vast improvement in performances over the last five games, even though we probably could and should have picked up a better points total.
“From what I’ve seen, not just on the pitch but also on the training ground, I firmly believe we can get the results required between now and the end of the campaign to push us up the table.
“We are making progress and moving in the right direction. We still have a lot of work to do, but I have every confidence in the players’ ability and the support of our fans - which will be huge - to get us over the line.’’

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/alan-curtis-swansea-city-caretaker-manag

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 with 2647 viewsEdmundo

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:04 - Jan 7 by Darran

He's got my support but there's no denying this is an utter shambles.

Hobsons Choice👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:15 - Jan 7 with 2627 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 by Glyn1

I'd be happy with that. Just as long as it isn't a parallel of John Carver at Newcastle (a well respected Number 2 who inherited a struggling team and just couldn't manage).

But I'm fully going to support Curt, whatever happens won't be his fault, and I'm sure 90% of us will do the same.

Shearer took them down.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:16 - Jan 7 with 2614 viewsJackanapes

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Interesting:-

“It’s an honour to be asked to manage this football club until the end of the season,’’ declared Curtis, who has served the club as player and coach for over 40 years. “If the club believes I am the right man to take things forward then I will give everything I have to the role.
“If I’m honest I didn’t envisage taking caretaker charge for more than a couple of games, as I’ve done on two previous occasions over the years. But as the weeks have gone on I feel I have grown into the job and I’m a lot happier now taking it until the end of the season.
“The biggest plus factor for me has been the response and attitude of the players. I think everyone who watches Swansea regularly has seen a vast improvement in performances over the last five games, even though we probably could and should have picked up a better points total.
“From what I’ve seen, not just on the pitch but also on the training ground, I firmly believe we can get the results required between now and the end of the campaign to push us up the table.
“We are making progress and moving in the right direction. We still have a lot of work to do, but I have every confidence in the players’ ability and the support of our fans - which will be huge - to get us over the line.’’

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/alan-curtis-swansea-city-caretaker-manag

So he hasnt been forced into it then? Fancy that.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:17 - Jan 7 with 2569 viewsAngelRangelQS

Now that the board have royally messed up the managerial situation let's hope they can make amends in the transfer market.

Good luck Curt. Fully behind him and the team for the scrap but I don't see it ending well
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:17 - Jan 7 with 2567 viewsshandyjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 by lifelong

What options did the club have? It's obvious that any targets they had have turned us down.

or we were too cheap to pay what they wanted

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:18 - Jan 7 with 2546 viewsjacktar

I'm sure the fans will be right behind him. Let's hope that the club are as well by backing him with some coaching staff as well as players in this window.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:18 - Jan 7 with 2544 viewsOldjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:02 - Jan 7 by raynor94

Poor decision, but I'm 100% behind him

Not if our targets rejected our offer. What else were they supposed to do ? get anybody ? It's crucial we get the right man and he's obviously harder to find than people think

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:18 - Jan 7 with 2534 viewsEdmundo

Good luck Curt......hope you can keep the players motivated through the rest of the season.👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:18 - Jan 7 with 2428 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:14 - Jan 7 by lifelong

Rog there's only 20 PL managers jobs in the whole world and 4 or 5 of those jobs are out of the reach of most.
Alan will have my full support as any manager would but there's no denying there's summin not right here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:19 - Jan 7 with 2420 viewsWingstandwood

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:08 - Jan 7 by Jack_Kass

I just don't like seeing such a club legend almost forced to take on this burden. He deserves better

One thing is sure? He will have every sympathy from the fans whom realise Alan Curtis had inherited the abysmal and utterly 'Anti-Football' managerial mess and almightest 'Anti- Coaching' hang-overs. Arise the four biggest 'clowns' in town.

Arise the Trojan-horse impostors, the four incompetents i.e. Monk, Pep, Beattie and last but not least our very own parasitic-club-limpet i.e. the utterly useless Kristian O' Leary!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 18:20]

Argus!

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:20 - Jan 7 with 2391 viewsFlashberryjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:01 - Jan 7 by legoman

Well I, for one, am right behind him. COYS!

Being Swansea City fans.....is there any another option ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:20 - Jan 7 with 2380 viewsSwansea93

“We’ve spoken to a lot of potential managers. Some didn’t want to leave the clubs they were at this late stage in the season, while others didn’t want to put their reputation on the line by joining a club at the wrong end of the table.

Wonder who were the managers we talked to that are already in jobs, was probably Rodgers who was the one that didn't want to damage his rep.

Anyway Curtis till the end of the season, seems like he's had no choice but to take the role, but whatever happens he's getting my full backing, and so should everyone, nows not the time to be against the team when we're trying to stay up, fresh start in the summer now.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:21 - Jan 7 with 2367 viewsblaine_scfc

Huw Jenkins interview in the SWEP pretty much admitting no one wanted to take over a team struggling and also admitted the board didn't have anyone in mind as they weren't expecting to sack Monk.

That tells me everything I need to know on how much of a c*ck up Monk has made, the bloke should never manage at this level again.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:21 - Jan 7 with 2366 viewsjack247

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:01 - Jan 7 by legoman

Well I, for one, am right behind him. COYS!

No other way to be. He is the main man from now until the end of the season. Let's just get behind him.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:21 - Jan 7 with 2348 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Will Curt appoint an assistant or are we going with what we've got? If we're not making any further appointments what the f**k did Beattie, Pep and KOL do exactly?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:22 - Jan 7 with 2346 viewsdgt73

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:15 - Jan 7 by Darran

Shearer took them down.

Shearer didn't take over unti April and only had 8 games - nothing like the situation with Swansea and AC.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:22 - Jan 7 with 2325 viewsmax936

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:08 - Jan 7 by Al_Bundy

This statement from the club worries me -

In the end, we felt the best decision was to keep things in-house and change as little as we can until taking stock in the summer. <<<<<<<<

Well.. we need a fair bit to be changed and keeping things in house has got us in this mess to start with.

As posters have said - we should all back Curt 100% and the club should back him in the transfer market.

I can't see us backing him in the market tbh, probably part of the reason we couldn't attract a manager, there's little or no money to spend.
We'll have one or two uninspiring loanee's.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:23 - Jan 7 with 2312 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:04 - Jan 7 by Darran

He's got my support but there's no denying this is an utter shambles.

this

good luck

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024