Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28898 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:57 - Jan 7 with 1809 viewsKilkennyjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:43 - Jan 7 by morningstar

I did state in another thread that we should melt down Ivor's statue and make one of Curt in it's place, and whilst obviously that would be an insult to the memory of Ivor Allchurch, it does seem inconceivable that there is one of him and not Curt. Whether he keeps us in this league or not, he is a legend on a level that no one else connected to this club in its entire history could come anywhere near.

Two statues. The end.

Beware of the Risen People

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:00 - Jan 7 with 1788 viewsmorningstar

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:51 - Jan 7 by sherpajacob

Ivor is our all time record goalscorer and made more appearances than Curt. His statute is richly deserved.

However
I do agree with Curt as no.1 all time legend when you factor in all his other roles since playing.

Imho you could make a case for ivor, curt, Robbie James and Roger freestone

Don't forget Wilfied Milne! Let's not turn it into a statue thread ffs. I'm just stating that no player no person has given our club the dedication that he has done over such a long period time.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:00 - Jan 7 with 1784 viewsGowerjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:53 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

Instead of the massive gamble they've now taken.

Yep it is a massive gamble.

AC has always been my ultimate Swans player I used to worship him as a 10 year old when I started watching the club in 1974.

For that reason alone I didn't want Curt to be given the role, I'd hate it if he thought he'd let us down in any way at all. We ALL need to get behind this collosus of the club and give him our unwavering support whatever the eventual outcome.

Nothing else will suffice.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 21:02]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:01 - Jan 7 with 1778 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:55 - Jan 7 by vetchonian

If he and the coaches have done this in just 5 games why can't they do more given a little more time

Possibly they can yes.

There's no real experience there though is there? Curtis has been involved in the first team for many years sure but we are a premier league team competing against canny and experienced managers who have just appointed someone with zero management experience and who up until recently has expressed no interest in ever doing so
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:12 - Jan 7 with 1699 viewsdailew

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:25 - Jan 7 by vetchonian

I do not wish to get personal but we have had this discussion a on another thread since Curtis has been at the helm
5 played 5 points 3 goals scored for 4 against
Monks last 5 games 1 point gained 2goals scored for 10 against
A marked improvement plus lost out on a point at Man.C due to a flakey deflection and what if Ash or Fab had scored in the dying minutes at Old TraffOrd?

Not sure why people are worried about our form since King Curt took over.

5 deserved points from 5 games (could easily have been 6-8) with 3 games away and 4 games against top 7 teams with the other one against WBA who have since won both their games.

That level of form and performance would easily keep us up. The worry is that our form and performance will drop.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:13 - Jan 7 with 1696 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I'm looking for positives now.

When Garry Monk took over from ML how much experience did he have in the dugout? I think the answer is that he had about as much as me. He knew the club inside out of course and he had a decent squad even if half of them were p****d off at the time.

Alan Curtis knows the club inside out as well and bleeds black and white like no one else employed by the club. He has a decent squad at his disposal that should have points to prove for the remainder of the season. There may be one or two not pulling their weight but I don't believe the squad are as split as they were when Monk took over. How much experience does Curt have in the dugout? A hell of a lot more than Monk had for certain and fairly recently too. He was at Laudrup's right hand for a good while at the start of his tenure (the good bit).

We're going to be behind them like we've never been before at the Liberty for the rest of the season. If Monk could see us safe the season before last there's no reason why Alan Curtis can't do it this season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:14 - Jan 7 with 1683 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:01 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Possibly they can yes.

There's no real experience there though is there? Curtis has been involved in the first team for many years sure but we are a premier league team competing against canny and experienced managers who have just appointed someone with zero management experience and who up until recently has expressed no interest in ever doing so

It depends what you call experience
Curt has 40 years of experience in the game playing at a high level
He has been involved in coaching ....at international level with Wales youth hand been involved on the coaching staff at our club during our Pl reign.
Working with him are a team of qualified coaches Tactics come from a canny football brain and understanding the game ,Curt also can pick up the phone to others for help ......Brendan, Tosh Roberto for example .
John Carver kept Newcastle up last year.
How is it all on here know more about what's this club needs and how Curt is not experienced do we have better football brains?
Let's start supporting we have a battle on strap in it's going to be a bumpy ride

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:18 - Jan 7 with 1646 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not sure if its been said on the previous 10 pages, but the 1 thing that bothers me is Huw quoted as saying some managers didn't want to put their reputations on the line. Well I sincerely hope we don't go back to these in the summer when we survive. I'd have thought we'd be a relatively easy fix for a decent manager to come in and keep us in the PL or can they see something I can't. Lack of goals is the obvious issue, but we've hit the woodwork more than any other team in the PL and we've started getting shots on target during the last 5 games, which is something we simply weren't doing. The improvement in attitude and performance in most of the players has been huge since AC took over. Its going to take a monumental effort from the players on the field and the board to get a few faces in place over the next 4 weeks or so.
Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:20 - Jan 7 with 1631 viewslonglostjack

What's gone is gone. Life is never predictable that's just how it is FFS and mistakes may be made! Time to move on, look to the future and get behind Curt and the team. Swansea we stand divided we fall.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:25 - Jan 7 with 1598 viewskarnataka

I love Curt, always have and I wish him every bit of luck going in getting us out of the pickle we are in and he gets every bit of support I can muster.

This makes me wonder if the club have been trying to get a player or 2 in to help turn round our poor goalscoring record but know they can't afford them if we also have to pay a new manager. So based on what he's already achieved in a month, Curt + 2 half decent strikers would probably stand a much better chance of success than New Manager with existing squad.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:28 - Jan 7 with 1579 viewsjeza739

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Surely someone like Poyet or Pearson would have been interested?

I appreciate these maybe aren't what we need long term but we'd have at least had a chance of staying up.

Can anyone honestly see us preparing for life in the Premier League next season?

Poyet or Pearson would I very much doubt take the job for 5 months. They would never be suited in the long term in a month of Sundays so come next summer yet another change or groundhog day this time next year . All things considered as Chris Wathan intimated its probably the right decision.
The board have always got it right so deserve the trust of fans. The next few months are no doubt going to be squeaky bum time but as long as we get the goals our recent upturn in performance will see us safe.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:28 - Jan 7 with 1577 viewsLandore_Jack

The board must deliver in the January transfer window.

#backtojack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:34 - Jan 7 with 1545 viewskarnataka

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:28 - Jan 7 by Landore_Jack

The board must deliver in the January transfer window.

Maybe this decision gives them a slightly better chance of doing so? We can but hope.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:35 - Jan 7 with 1544 viewsmax936

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:28 - Jan 7 by jeza739

Poyet or Pearson would I very much doubt take the job for 5 months. They would never be suited in the long term in a month of Sundays so come next summer yet another change or groundhog day this time next year . All things considered as Chris Wathan intimated its probably the right decision.
The board have always got it right so deserve the trust of fans. The next few months are no doubt going to be squeaky bum time but as long as we get the goals our recent upturn in performance will see us safe.

I'd put Mcburnie first name on the team sheet Sunday and work to feed him a decent supply of ball and see what he's got, it'll give him confidence to get a goal and hopefully get him on the bench and give him a try in a few League games, we won't know unless we try.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:39 - Jan 7 with 1519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:48 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Can he do it over the course of half a season though?

We need more than someone to give us a reaction over a few games. We need a complete overhaul of our attacking system as we still aren't scoring goals or even looking like doing so

Well let's see. It seems like he is our only option for whatever reason so he has my 100% backing.
If we get 3 points out of the next 2 league games and beat oxford in the cup we will be ok. Four or even the holy grail of 6 points and a place in the next round of the cup then everyone will be buzzing and we will get the feelgood factor back around the club.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:45 - Jan 7 with 1501 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:14 - Jan 7 by vetchonian

It depends what you call experience
Curt has 40 years of experience in the game playing at a high level
He has been involved in coaching ....at international level with Wales youth hand been involved on the coaching staff at our club during our Pl reign.
Working with him are a team of qualified coaches Tactics come from a canny football brain and understanding the game ,Curt also can pick up the phone to others for help ......Brendan, Tosh Roberto for example .
John Carver kept Newcastle up last year.
How is it all on here know more about what's this club needs and how Curt is not experienced do we have better football brains?
Let's start supporting we have a battle on strap in it's going to be a bumpy ride

i appreciate experience isn't the be all and end all and Monk outfoxed far more experienced managers than him.

However it is a totally underwhelming appointment, especially given some of the names that were touted and discussed.

I don't think many people are professing to knowing better or not supporting. It's a forum for debate and opinion which is what people are giving.

Don't get me wrong, there are positives to appointing Curtis and keeping things the same. If it can inspire just one good run of results then things suddenly look a lot better. I think they key now is some wheeling and dealing in January and getting at least 10 points from our next 6 matches - in theory this is within our reach.

My biggest concern is that the appointment is indicative of a board that have run out of money, ideas or both, we won't see good enough enforcements through the door this month and we are left with the same squad that got us into this mess.

I can't help but feel we are just hoping for the best without any sound plan or reasoning behind it.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:48 - Jan 7 with 1480 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:39 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Well let's see. It seems like he is our only option for whatever reason so he has my 100% backing.
If we get 3 points out of the next 2 league games and beat oxford in the cup we will be ok. Four or even the holy grail of 6 points and a place in the next round of the cup then everyone will be buzzing and we will get the feelgood factor back around the club.

I think the feel good factor is what is needed.

Nothing to shout about since August really, lack of confidence on the pitch and in the stands. If if if we can get a head of steam up then I think things will be ok. Whether we can or not remains to be seen
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:58 - Jan 7 with 1412 viewslonglostjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:48 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

I think the feel good factor is what is needed.

Nothing to shout about since August really, lack of confidence on the pitch and in the stands. If if if we can get a head of steam up then I think things will be ok. Whether we can or not remains to be seen

Was going well until that last sentence

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:00 - Jan 7 with 1400 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

As others have said, will fully support Curt, but in the words of the great Johnny Vaughan, this is a mockery of a sham of a sham of a mockery...

The board need to deliver 2 things now - in the transfer market, and get some help in for Curt.

John Hartson couldn't have dropped any more hints that he wanted to be the manager, he lives in Swansea and he has experience of coaching with Wales - and he could score goals, something we obviously need help with - get him in as a coach. I'm sure he'd consider both a short term or longer term coaching contract.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:01 - Jan 7 with 1393 viewsblaine_scfc

I'm too young to have had the pleasure of watching Curt play, but I'll never forget when I was asked to play alongside 14 other lads to have a trial match against the Development of Excellence (or whatever they are called when your not an academy) side. Curt was in charge of the whole set up at the time and as a scratch side we smashed them 4-0. We were in the changing room next to them and the bollocking he gave them was out of this world, telling them what Swansea city is all about etc, I don't think many of them played another game for the club.

Granted I know talking to a bunch of kids is worlds away from speaking to a group of millionaire footballers but this club means the world to him from the bottom to top, he'll make sure we fight until the end that's for sure.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:15 - Jan 7 with 1320 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:49 - Jan 7 by rWp

This has been a shambles of a quite staggering nature.

We have won 1 game in 5 since Curtis took over and still look hopeless going forward. If we fail to beat Watford and Sunderland at home that quickly becomes 1 win 7 and we are approaching Monk territory again.

It's absurd to think Curtis is the right man for the job and I have no vendetta he was a great player but this task is too big for him and he probably thinks that himself.

As far as I can see when caretakers have been given jobs in relegation battles it usually ends in failure - Ramsey, Connor, Shearer to name a few.
It's teams like Southampton who took on Pochettinho as a gamble who prosper in these situations.

This team need a fresh impetus and new ideas not the same again.

All I can say is one work - Trouble.

Winning 1 in 5 doesn't really do the last 5 games credit though does it. Big upturn in performance. Guess we'll see after the next 2 games but I'm feeling pretty confident.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:26 - Jan 7 with 1271 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:00 - Jan 7 by RockAndBaconRoll

As others have said, will fully support Curt, but in the words of the great Johnny Vaughan, this is a mockery of a sham of a sham of a mockery...

The board need to deliver 2 things now - in the transfer market, and get some help in for Curt.

John Hartson couldn't have dropped any more hints that he wanted to be the manager, he lives in Swansea and he has experience of coaching with Wales - and he could score goals, something we obviously need help with - get him in as a coach. I'm sure he'd consider both a short term or longer term coaching contract.

And this is even more of a a mockery What pedigree has Hartson?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:30 - Jan 7 with 1252 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:26 - Jan 7 by vetchonian

And this is even more of a a mockery What pedigree has Hartson?

Seriously - pedigree?, John Harrison? - Arsenal, Celtic, West Ham, Wales, goals, a fighting spirit that cannot be questioned.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:33 - Jan 7 with 1232 viewsblaine_scfc

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:30 - Jan 7 by RockAndBaconRoll

Seriously - pedigree?, John Harrison? - Arsenal, Celtic, West Ham, Wales, goals, a fighting spirit that cannot be questioned.

Would be over the moon if Hartson was bought in as a coach personally. Wouldn't take no sh*t off anyone.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:33 - Jan 7 with 1232 viewsNogginthenog

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:57 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

No need for that, I was agreeing with you, you cock juggling thunderc*nt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024