Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim White Sky Sports Tweet 20:16 - Jan 5 with 10934 viewsepaul

[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 20:16]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 19:59 - Jan 6 with 1323 viewsmorningstar

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 09:19 - Jan 6 by Starsky

Just to add to this...
If we'd had a new manager lined up as soon as Monk was sacked then I'd have said that the new manager would have had some time to make a quick assessment of our squad to bring in new players in January.
However, were already approaching the 2nd week of January and I think it would be too great a risk to bring a new manager in now, unless it was Brendan who could hit the ground running.
It's probably a lesser risk now for Curtis working with the senior members of the playing staff to get it together for them to lead us to survival.

Personally I'm on board with it and what a great opportunity for Curt to further enhance his legend status with our club by achieving survival. There is little pressure on Curt as it appears he has been nudged into this position.

Come on guys, there is enough experience with our core players and Curt to bring survival and to one of my favourite posters, Morning Star, seeing you write off Curtis you have on this thread is disappointing. He has every chance to succeed.

If we can get a striker this month and beat Sunderland, then hopefully the confidence will return to the team and we can move further away from the relegation zone.

Don't forget, we were 2 points behind 17th before Christmas. Progress has been made.

Oh Starsk mun. Don't be disappointed in me. I obviously didn't properly explain what I meant.
Look, if the finances of the club are so bad that we cannot attract a top quality manager too join us, then how on hell can we rely on Curt to motivate these players over the next 18 games being the position we are in? These players care about their own careers only. Not Swansea city. So if we can't get a proven guy in to run the show (because we obviously cannot afford to), then it will become crystal clear soon enough come the end of January, that the club is skint and these guys and their agents main priorities will be to find them the next big pay cheque rather than giving their all too earn the one they are being paid for now. Let's not forget here that we are one of a kind at the bottom end of the prem. There are small clubs like us with players and fans who expect too struggle so will fight like hell to stay up. There are big clubs who have the players who are under performing who can strengthen and hopefully kick on. Then there's us. A small club with players (in the main) who look on us as a small time outfit who they can use a stepping stone too bigger things. Only it ain't working out the way they planned is it? You think these guys will knuckle down and give their all for Curt, the club and the contact they signed? Not an effin chance mate! That saying, please do not label me as a pessimist as I am not. That is why I stated at the beginning of this thread that I fully believe that the club will without a doubt bring in someone who the players will play for and who they respect. They may well respect Curt, but they won't play for him once they realise the position we are in. And that just ain't fair to place the fact that the Premier leagues financial demands on our small club end up falling on Curts shoulders.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 20:06]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 20:43 - Jan 6 with 1220 viewsJackanapes

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 19:59 - Jan 6 by morningstar

Oh Starsk mun. Don't be disappointed in me. I obviously didn't properly explain what I meant.
Look, if the finances of the club are so bad that we cannot attract a top quality manager too join us, then how on hell can we rely on Curt to motivate these players over the next 18 games being the position we are in? These players care about their own careers only. Not Swansea city. So if we can't get a proven guy in to run the show (because we obviously cannot afford to), then it will become crystal clear soon enough come the end of January, that the club is skint and these guys and their agents main priorities will be to find them the next big pay cheque rather than giving their all too earn the one they are being paid for now. Let's not forget here that we are one of a kind at the bottom end of the prem. There are small clubs like us with players and fans who expect too struggle so will fight like hell to stay up. There are big clubs who have the players who are under performing who can strengthen and hopefully kick on. Then there's us. A small club with players (in the main) who look on us as a small time outfit who they can use a stepping stone too bigger things. Only it ain't working out the way they planned is it? You think these guys will knuckle down and give their all for Curt, the club and the contact they signed? Not an effin chance mate! That saying, please do not label me as a pessimist as I am not. That is why I stated at the beginning of this thread that I fully believe that the club will without a doubt bring in someone who the players will play for and who they respect. They may well respect Curt, but they won't play for him once they realise the position we are in. And that just ain't fair to place the fact that the Premier leagues financial demands on our small club end up falling on Curts shoulders.

The dangers of posting in the depths of an ether binge.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 21:55 - Jan 6 with 1152 viewsmorningstar

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 20:43 - Jan 6 by Jackanapes

The dangers of posting in the depths of an ether binge.

Say what you like one liner man, meanwhile we will see how it pans out ye?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 22:04]

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 22:13 - Jan 6 with 1062 viewsStarsky

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 19:59 - Jan 6 by morningstar

"You think these guys will knuckle down and give their all for Curt, the club and the contact they signed? "

Yes... On the whole, I think they will.

I just don't see it the way you do. The ones that don't give a shyte I'm expecting to be jettisoned this month.

What's all this small club stuff? It hasn't been a problem for the last 11 years.

It's just the internet, init.

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 22:53 - Jan 6 with 972 viewsmorningstar

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 22:13 - Jan 6 by Starsky

"You think these guys will knuckle down and give their all for Curt, the club and the contact they signed? "

Yes... On the whole, I think they will.

I just don't see it the way you do. The ones that don't give a shyte I'm expecting to be jettisoned this month.

What's all this small club stuff? It hasn't been a problem for the last 11 years.

Starsk, you don't have to see it the way I see it. No one has to. But you are already describing the scenario yourself inadvertently. We may well Jettison the don't give' a shytes', do you think we can replace them with quality? Sell Jonjo for £12m? You think we'll buy someone for the same price? Do you think someone who is valued at that price will want to come to us to play under Alan Curtis in a struggling small town Premier league side?As i said, attract a quality manager or we are going down. No fault of the board, Alan Curtis, Garry Monk or whoever else anyone wants to blame it on. It is what it is. And that is why I stick to my belief that we will bring someone in.

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 23:02 - Jan 6 with 956 viewsmonmouth

Jim White Sky Sports Tweet on 22:53 - Jan 6 by morningstar

Starsk, you don't have to see it the way I see it. No one has to. But you are already describing the scenario yourself inadvertently. We may well Jettison the don't give' a shytes', do you think we can replace them with quality? Sell Jonjo for £12m? You think we'll buy someone for the same price? Do you think someone who is valued at that price will want to come to us to play under Alan Curtis in a struggling small town Premier league side?As i said, attract a quality manager or we are going down. No fault of the board, Alan Curtis, Garry Monk or whoever else anyone wants to blame it on. It is what it is. And that is why I stick to my belief that we will bring someone in.

I can see both your points but, whether we keep Curt or replace him; keep any nob-end players or replace them; whether the others give their absolute all or just play well enough to get a new contract here or somewhere else - I still think we'll survive.

I wouldn't say I'm relaxed exactly, although I'm not perchrocking. I just think we'll pull it off, in the old fashioned, mega exciting, fit your anal plugs now, Swansea fashion.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024