Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND 14:04 - Dec 14 with 10480 views1973scott

how many of these grounds have you been too?

http://thesportsmash.co.uk/10-worst-stadiums-england/?utm_source=Outbrain_Galler
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:15 - Dec 14 with 2568 viewsTNT

All done, with The Swans.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:17 - Dec 14 with 2561 viewsDarran

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:12 - Dec 14 by whiterock

Also being of a certain age, 10/10, plus a few who've moved, Luton has to be the worst out of that lot and to think they were in the top flight

I had the debate about Luton on the old jackarmy.net site with ECB back in the day.
There's a reason why it's like that around Kenilworth Road though and I was accused of being a racist,stinking c^nts some of them are.

On a side note the the last time I went there Saverese scored a hat trick and we lost 5-3.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:26 - Dec 14 with 2546 viewsTNT

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:17 - Dec 14 by Darran

I had the debate about Luton on the old jackarmy.net site with ECB back in the day.
There's a reason why it's like that around Kenilworth Road though and I was accused of being a racist,stinking c^nts some of them are.

On a side note the the last time I went there Saverese scored a hat trick and we lost 5-3.

Saw 5-0 there in '79 too Darr. How things have changed.

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:30 - Dec 14 with 2527 viewsDarran

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:26 - Dec 14 by TNT

Saw 5-0 there in '79 too Darr. How things have changed.

Seriously though it's the worst place in Britain I've ever been too.

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:31 - Dec 14 with 2519 viewsPhil_S

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:30 - Dec 14 by Darran

Outside of Liverpool?
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:33 - Dec 14 with 2517 viewsFieryJack

Nowt wrong with Luton's ground - at least it's got some sort of character being as it is the most hemmed in ground in the League - hemmed in by terraced houses, that is, which makes it very similar to the old Vetch (which was the 3rd most hemmed in ground at one time).

Used to go to Luton as a kid when they were in Div 1 in the early to mid 70s. Pretty scary back then. Punch ups and running fights after the game every other saturday with thugs from the nearby London teams being the worst. Used to hide in chip shops on the way back to the station to avoid it.
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:36 - Dec 14 with 2500 viewsCooperman

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:11 - Dec 14 by Phil_S

6 for me

Oxford's old ground was also the Manor Ground - the County Ground is Swindon

The Manor Ground was bad but the 3 sided Kassam is atrocious.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:38 - Dec 14 with 2495 viewsTNT

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:30 - Dec 14 by Darran

I was in the open end behind one goal the first time, and in the covered end behind the other goal for Savarese's hat-trick. A real dump of a place. Conceding ten in two visits didn't endear me to the place mind! Can't say I know the surrounding area that well. I can see why it's on 'The List' though!

Login to get fewer ads

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:42 - Dec 14 with 2491 viewsDarran

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:31 - Dec 14 by Phil_S

Outside of Liverpool?

Second worst then.

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:50 - Dec 14 with 2476 viewsTNT

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 22:33 - Dec 14 by FieryJack

Nowt wrong with Luton's ground - at least it's got some sort of character being as it is the most hemmed in ground in the League - hemmed in by terraced houses, that is, which makes it very similar to the old Vetch (which was the 3rd most hemmed in ground at one time).

Used to go to Luton as a kid when they were in Div 1 in the early to mid 70s. Pretty scary back then. Punch ups and running fights after the game every other saturday with thugs from the nearby London teams being the worst. Used to hide in chip shops on the way back to the station to avoid it.

It was a bit iffy there in '79, but most places were at that time.

I've seen better glass fronted boxes on allotments, fair play. Having said that, they'd probably be equally complimentary about my beloved 'Vetch'!

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 11:23 - Dec 15 with 2388 viewsDyfnant

We parked outside some terraced housing at Luton, 3 of us busting for a piss so went next to the car. Bloke came out of his house, he seriously didn't give a fook. I'm 5' 10 and couldn't sit in the stand without my knees being jammed into the seat in front, on the upside I think we won, prob the last time we played them.
Middlesbrough is a sh1t hole, the ground as well

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 12:26 - Dec 15 with 2376 viewsAnotherJohn

The worst stadium I can remember visiting is Northampton Town's old ground - another County Ground. This is still used for cricket, but Phil S is right to say the surviving football ground of that name is in Swindon.. As a football stadium Northampton's ground was only three-sided at the best of times, because of the cricket pitch. After the grandstand was condemned as unsafe and had the top removed, they built a small 'meccano' stand, but the only decent side was the home standing enclosure at the Hotel End. Amazingly they played first division football there in the mid-1960s.
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 12:29 - Dec 15 with 2369 viewsBrynmill_Jack

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 12:26 - Dec 15 by AnotherJohn

The worst stadium I can remember visiting is Northampton Town's old ground - another County Ground. This is still used for cricket, but Phil S is right to say the surviving football ground of that name is in Swindon.. As a football stadium Northampton's ground was only three-sided at the best of times, because of the cricket pitch. After the grandstand was condemned as unsafe and had the top removed, they built a small 'meccano' stand, but the only decent side was the home standing enclosure at the Hotel End. Amazingly they played first division football there in the mid-1960s.

Colchester and Aldershot's grounds come to mind

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 13:01 - Dec 15 with 2355 viewsAnotherJohn

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 12:29 - Dec 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Colchester and Aldershot's grounds come to mind

Both rather decrepit, but they never got to the stage where they had only the one semi-decent side. I lived near Colchester for a year and didn't think that Layer Road was actually that bad at that time (1972-73).
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 13:07 - Dec 15 with 2351 viewsBrynmill_Jack

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 13:01 - Dec 15 by AnotherJohn

Both rather decrepit, but they never got to the stage where they had only the one semi-decent side. I lived near Colchester for a year and didn't think that Layer Road was actually that bad at that time (1972-73).

Chicken wire for segregation I kid you not!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 14:54 - Dec 15 with 2154 viewsDyfnant

The worst stand has to be the undeveloped one at Bradford. Only good for tying up horses

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 15:05 - Dec 15 with 2145 viewsdailew

Remember standing on the grass bank at WIgan before it was fenced off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeSmm-lCYAEn-Fb.jpg:large

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 15:48 - Dec 15 with 2127 viewsFieryJack

Doncaster Rovers' old ground, Belle Vue, deserves a dishonourable mention here. Ten or so years ago, when we were still in the lower leagues, I went there on an ucking freezing December afternoon, got there 5 minutes late only to discover that our enormous black defender, Kevin Austin (remember him?) had got red-carded after about 2 minutes and that Donny had scored from the subsequent penalty. We fought bravely for the next 85 minutes, miraculously equalized, only for them to score a very late winner.

Away fans were housed behind one of the goals on an open, windswept terrace, and in the biting cold, with wind chill, I reckon it must have been -3C or lower. Purple ears, I had, and despite my gloves, I was shaking so much that most of my beaker of tea got spilt down my coat. Can remember a gang of Swansea boys, toughing it out, dancing around the terracing in Santa Claus outfits. Saddest of all though, was this 15/16 year old lass, who, insanely, had turned up (in a coach, I guess) wearing nothing up top except a short-sleeved replica Swans top! She crouched down on the steps in the bitter wind, her head between her knees and her arms wrapped round herself. It was so cold I couldn't force myself to do the decent thing and offer her my coat. After about 20 minutes of this she vanished, presumably back to the coach.

Thank God Belle Vue no longer exists.
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 15:50 - Dec 15 with 2127 viewsruhrjack

Done 7,found Portsmouth OK though.Think Bristol Rovers should be on the list.
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 16:27 - Dec 15 with 2108 viewsDyfnant

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 15:50 - Dec 15 by ruhrjack

Done 7,found Portsmouth OK though.Think Bristol Rovers should be on the list.

Which ground though, sure I've been to half a dozen of theirs

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 17:47 - Dec 15 with 2085 viewsdailew

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 15:48 - Dec 15 by FieryJack

Doncaster Rovers' old ground, Belle Vue, deserves a dishonourable mention here. Ten or so years ago, when we were still in the lower leagues, I went there on an ucking freezing December afternoon, got there 5 minutes late only to discover that our enormous black defender, Kevin Austin (remember him?) had got red-carded after about 2 minutes and that Donny had scored from the subsequent penalty. We fought bravely for the next 85 minutes, miraculously equalized, only for them to score a very late winner.

Away fans were housed behind one of the goals on an open, windswept terrace, and in the biting cold, with wind chill, I reckon it must have been -3C or lower. Purple ears, I had, and despite my gloves, I was shaking so much that most of my beaker of tea got spilt down my coat. Can remember a gang of Swansea boys, toughing it out, dancing around the terracing in Santa Claus outfits. Saddest of all though, was this 15/16 year old lass, who, insanely, had turned up (in a coach, I guess) wearing nothing up top except a short-sleeved replica Swans top! She crouched down on the steps in the bitter wind, her head between her knees and her arms wrapped round herself. It was so cold I couldn't force myself to do the decent thing and offer her my coat. After about 20 minutes of this she vanished, presumably back to the coach.

Thank God Belle Vue no longer exists.

The ladies toilet in the away end was just a bucket.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 20:54 - Dec 15 with 2037 viewsruhrjack

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 16:27 - Dec 15 by Dyfnant

Which ground though, sure I've been to half a dozen of theirs

Anyone of them
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 03:18 - Dec 16 with 2010 viewsGlyn1

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 20:51 - Dec 14 by dailew

See that huge gap behind the goal and the shallow rake of the stand. Awful design.
Etihad possibly even worse. At least that has the excuse of not being built as a football stadium.

I thought that we away fans at Man City had a very good view of the pitch.

Of current PL grounds, Crystal Palace has to be the very worst - the bogs are a disgrace.

Regarding Oxford Utd, when they write "Miles away from Oxford, flanked by a cinema and a hotel…and only has three stands." does that mean that the away fans are in the part of the ground without a stand? (serious question)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 08:54 - Dec 16 with 1987 viewsjack247

10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 03:18 - Dec 16 by Glyn1

I thought that we away fans at Man City had a very good view of the pitch.

Of current PL grounds, Crystal Palace has to be the very worst - the bogs are a disgrace.

Regarding Oxford Utd, when they write "Miles away from Oxford, flanked by a cinema and a hotel…and only has three stands." does that mean that the away fans are in the part of the ground without a stand? (serious question)

If it is the same as when I last went, there is literally nothing where the fourth stand should be, it is just boarded up behind the goal.

Away fans had pretty much a full stand to themselves with Oxford fans opposite and behind the other goal. Was nowhere near full then though, so they may well shift where they seat you it if they consider us a big draw and sell out.
10 WORST STADIUMS IN ENGLAND on 09:03 - Dec 16 with 1986 viewspencoedjack

Wolves mid 80's when only 2 sides of the ground were open was the worst for me ....

The pool balls and darts being thrown didn't help the memory either, plus our bus had every window put through on the way out of the ground and the police blocked every junction to ensure we didn't stop as well.

Ah the mad 80's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024