Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dorus De Vries lol 22:20 - Jul 27 with 5744 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/stayed-Swansea-City-says-Dorus-Vries/sto

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dorus De Vries lol on 12:17 - Jul 28 with 1283 viewsjack247

Dorus De Vries lol on 10:52 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

6 of that 8 won us the play off final the other 2 came off the bench. The rest of the starting 11 are still with us apart from Allen.

Exactly. Very good Championship players. Brilliant that season including the playoffs. Not quite up to Premier League standards. You could argue a case for Borini I suppose.
Dorus De Vries lol on 12:28 - Jul 28 with 1261 viewsRancid

He was a great stopper for us Didn't he even break clean sheet records in a season down here? I think he would have started as our number 1 had he stayed but we'd have upgraded by now and fortunately Vorm was an instant one.Bizarre decision at the time from him and Pratley though.I think we knew Pratley was off but Doris wanting out was a complete curveball and a lot were completely miffed.
Dorus De Vries lol on 13:20 - Jul 28 with 1214 viewsJackSomething

Dorus De Vries lol on 12:28 - Jul 28 by Rancid

He was a great stopper for us Didn't he even break clean sheet records in a season down here? I think he would have started as our number 1 had he stayed but we'd have upgraded by now and fortunately Vorm was an instant one.Bizarre decision at the time from him and Pratley though.I think we knew Pratley was off but Doris wanting out was a complete curveball and a lot were completely miffed.

Exactly. Won the Championship Golden Glove in 09/10 with 25 clean sheets. Followed that up by playing every league game in our promotion season, conceding only 42 goals, giving us the second-best defensive record in the league behind champions QPR.

Did it work out for the best for us that he left? Almost certainly, as Vorm was clearly an upgrade and Fabianski is a clear upgrade on Vorm. Does that change the fact he was an integral part of our incredibly successful team? No.

There have been others who have left in more acrimonious circumstances and have largely escaped any criticism from the same people who love to bash Dorus.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dorus De Vries lol on 13:29 - Jul 28 with 1194 viewsscottishjack

Dorus De Vries lol on 22:52 - Jul 27 by MarryGonk

I remember him saying to not just play in the Premier League, but "stay in it" as a parting shot.

As that man said, F*ck him.

I liked Dorus, and as others have mentioned, he was an integral part of our promotion, but I'll never forget his parting shot...

For me it's only second to Sam Hamman and his quote about us being rivals to Cardiff...

Indeed, in this case, F**k him!
Dorus De Vries lol on 17:10 - Jul 28 with 1067 viewsOldjack

Leave Jack city at your peril ,many have tried and failed miserably

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Dorus De Vries lol on 17:35 - Jul 28 with 1042 viewsDr_Winston

Dorus De Vries lol on 13:20 - Jul 28 by JackSomething

Exactly. Won the Championship Golden Glove in 09/10 with 25 clean sheets. Followed that up by playing every league game in our promotion season, conceding only 42 goals, giving us the second-best defensive record in the league behind champions QPR.

Did it work out for the best for us that he left? Almost certainly, as Vorm was clearly an upgrade and Fabianski is a clear upgrade on Vorm. Does that change the fact he was an integral part of our incredibly successful team? No.

There have been others who have left in more acrimonious circumstances and have largely escaped any criticism from the same people who love to bash Dorus.

It's still possible to give him credit for all that yet still think we'd have upgraded on him quite rapidly in the PL even if he'd stayed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dorus De Vries lol on 21:33 - Jul 28 with 928 viewsjack247

Dorus De Vries lol on 17:35 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

It's still possible to give him credit for all that yet still think we'd have upgraded on him quite rapidly in the PL even if he'd stayed.

Absolutely. He would have been replaced in due course as the majority of the promotion winning team were. Doesn't mean any of them aren't heroes for what they achieved that season.

Seeing as he couldn't subsequently get a game for Wolves and then Forest, it's not unfair to assume we would have tried to replace him fairly quickly. Parting shot aside (which I think was more to endear himself to the Wolves fans than take a swipe at us), I have nothing but respect for the guy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024