Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ 00:44 - May 1 with 3006 viewsNov77

Worth a read...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/apr/30/qpr-tony-fernandes-flavio-b

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 01:17 - May 1 with 2966 viewsPunteR

A poster on a message board aye?!... I'm avin that one.
Tbf it could be anyone of us...
Good article,but nothing that hasn't already been said and talked about by us long suffering lot but seems a good balanced article against TF top 100 influential person in Time out magazine or whatever it was. Pressure is mounting on Tony.
[Post edited 1 May 2015 1:27]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 01:40 - May 1 with 2939 viewssilky

Such a sad state of affairs. TF has to realise he had done an unbelievably bad job since he took over.

It still looks like it could get a lot worse before it gets better.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 03:25 - May 1 with 2897 viewsDylanP

So management forgave 60 million in debts in order to avoid a 50 million fine. Why not just pay the fine and save 10 million?

(not that I am complaining, mind)

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 07:58 - May 1 with 2714 viewsSpiritofGregory

Shrewd Mr Mittal.
Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 08:17 - May 1 with 2688 viewsJamie

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 03:25 - May 1 by DylanP

So management forgave 60 million in debts in order to avoid a 50 million fine. Why not just pay the fine and save 10 million?

(not that I am complaining, mind)

They were never getting that £60m back, so paying the fine is an extra £50m lost.
Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 11:36 - May 1 with 2492 viewsMedwayR

I'm sure I read last week that Briatore had been interviewed somewhere and claimed he didn't like being involved in football because it was a full-time job where you had to be around to manage it all the time.

Take note Tony...

Poll: Who’s better?

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 11:57 - May 1 with 2452 viewsfLaMeBoY

Just to clear up one point in that article - the Mittals do not own 30% anymore. 11% as it stands and more likely to sell up completely with no interest in 'buying out TF'. Also worth noting that Ruben is the biggest shareholder now, not TF and it is is Ruben who pulled the chequebook in January over-ruling TF.
Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 12:14 - May 1 with 2414 viewsadhoc_qpr

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 11:57 - May 1 by fLaMeBoY

Just to clear up one point in that article - the Mittals do not own 30% anymore. 11% as it stands and more likely to sell up completely with no interest in 'buying out TF'. Also worth noting that Ruben is the biggest shareholder now, not TF and it is is Ruben who pulled the chequebook in January over-ruling TF.

I don't blame Ruben for that though!

No single new player was going to turn us around and allowing Harry to blow another £15m or so to get another 3 or 4 can't have been an appealing option.
Login to get fewer ads

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 12:22 - May 1 with 2391 viewsBasingstokeR

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 11:57 - May 1 by fLaMeBoY

You're putting this across as "fact" with your phrasing.

Can you send me a link to an article or webpage I can read about this on?
Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 13:04 - May 1 with 2291 viewsMedwayR

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 12:22 - May 1 by BasingstokeR

Someone said this before, it may have been flameboy, but I've yet to see anything to back it up. The official website still has Mittal at 33%.

Poll: Who’s better?

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 13:33 - May 1 with 2235 viewsEastR

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 12:22 - May 1 by BasingstokeR

would be very interested to see that too..

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 13:50 - May 1 with 2198 viewsTacticalR

The article draws a parallel between Fernandes and Briatore, but I think a better parallel is between Fernandes and Chris Wright. Fernandes and Wright had a lot of room for manoeuvre as they followed hated regimes (Thompson in the case Chris Wright) and presented themselves as fans. Both were fixated on big clubs and hoped for a bit of reflected glory by acquiring players or managers from such clubs, and both seemed unable to actually evaluate the quality of what they were buying.

Air hostess clique

Guardian piece on Tony's reign........ on 13:53 - May 1 with 2187 viewsAntti_Heinola

"We now know that QPR’s that season was £71.96m, just £1.3m less than their previous season in the Premier League."

And let that be the last of *anyone* saying how well Arry did to 'offload' players. We were still paying them handsomely, clearly. Would you like Esteban? We'll pay nearly all his wages! Yeah, spose so.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024