Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coins, Bottles etc 16:09 - Apr 12 with 22106 viewsBakes

I'm not condoning the behaviour of the few who threw objects on the pitch but Fabregas and co felt the need to run over to Ellerslie Road then come back for more, in such a heated atmosphere and at the end of the game what did they expect? Best part was Drogba crawling around on his knees desperate to find a penny to give the ref. No doubt a hefty fine awaits.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 16:32]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Coins, Bottles etc on 10:53 - Apr 13 with 3440 viewsDWQPR

Coins, Bottles etc on 04:51 - Apr 13 by FredManRave

I assume that you're the same DW that started the "Classless" thread?!

Tongue was firmly in cheek Fred, of course I wouldn't wish that in reality, would have had terrible scorch marks on the pitch!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Coins, Bottles etc on 10:56 - Apr 13 with 3431 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Coins, Bottles etc on 08:57 - Apr 13 by NW5Hoop

To be honest, the whole Chelsea rivalry has gone berserk since we first went back to the Premier League. It wasn't like that in the 90s, and watching on TV last night I can see why neutrals might think we're some kind of inbred morons. It did sound odd every single Chelsea touch being booed. I'm not saying we shouldn't hate Chelsea, but it feels like it's gone over the top. It gives people carte blanche to do things like they did yesterday.

That hostile atmosphere is the main reason they have only got 4 points from Loftus Road in their past three games instead of nine. Throwing stuf- too far. But the booing and hostility was fantastic. Absolutely sh*t themselves every time they got the ball. Would have only been 2 points from 9 if it was not for a goalkeeping error

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:03 - Apr 13 with 3404 viewsQPunkR

Coins, Bottles etc on 10:56 - Apr 13 by RANGERS4EVER

That hostile atmosphere is the main reason they have only got 4 points from Loftus Road in their past three games instead of nine. Throwing stuf- too far. But the booing and hostility was fantastic. Absolutely sh*t themselves every time they got the ball. Would have only been 2 points from 9 if it was not for a goalkeeping error

QPR - "shit but local"

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:04 - Apr 13 with 3401 viewsdsr_burnley

Coins, Bottles etc on 09:50 - Apr 13 by Rangersw12

If they scored and ran up away from our fans then no missiles would of been thrown

But no they purposely goaded the fans with Ivanovic giving the come on gestures and they wonder why it spills over it's no different to away fans celebrating in the home end and getting a slap

Fck em at the end of the day

And you think that's all right? If someone wants to watch a football game with friends who support another team, that's an offence that justifies physical violence?

I've been to plenty of non-segregated matches and celebrated with opposing fans nearby. Unfortunately they're non-league, or rugby, or cricket, or in America. It can't be done here because there are too many people with no self-control and apparently no desire to have any self-control.
Coins, Bottles etc on 11:33 - Apr 13 with 3308 viewsRangersw12

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:04 - Apr 13 by dsr_burnley

And you think that's all right? If someone wants to watch a football game with friends who support another team, that's an offence that justifies physical violence?

I've been to plenty of non-segregated matches and celebrated with opposing fans nearby. Unfortunately they're non-league, or rugby, or cricket, or in America. It can't be done here because there are too many people with no self-control and apparently no desire to have any self-control.

If they sit their quietly and respect their in the home end then that's fine it becomes a problem when people seem to think they can celebrate and take the pss

Football is tribal and passionate and different to all the sports you mentioned
Coins, Bottles etc on 11:42 - Apr 13 with 3256 viewswombat

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:33 - Apr 13 by Rangersw12

If they sit their quietly and respect their in the home end then that's fine it becomes a problem when people seem to think they can celebrate and take the pss

slightly off subject , but did anyone see the tw@t in a chelsea shirt walking around broad as brass at half time yesterday in the lower loft , guy who sits in front of me bumped into him at half time and couldnt belive he had the front to do it think he may have got a slap or 6 for his stupidity

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:54 - Apr 13 with 3232 viewsQPunkR

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:42 - Apr 13 by wombat

slightly off subject , but did anyone see the tw@t in a chelsea shirt walking around broad as brass at half time yesterday in the lower loft , guy who sits in front of me bumped into him at half time and couldnt belive he had the front to do it think he may have got a slap or 6 for his stupidity

Any relation to Fabrecúnt?

QPR - "shit but local"

Coins, Bottles etc on 12:02 - Apr 13 with 3205 viewsJuzzie

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:33 - Apr 13 by Rangersw12

I've see QPR at many away games where, for one reason or another, I've been in the home end; Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea, Leeds, Charlton spring to mind.

I've always respected the fact I'm in the home end and kept schtumn when we scored. Not once have I worn colours or walked around with a QPR shirt on like billy big bollox. I don't condone violence but anyone who does do that is asking for trouble.
Login to get fewer ads

Coins, Bottles etc on 12:09 - Apr 13 with 3160 viewsNW5Hoop

I was booing and jeering like everyone else yesterday. Then I got home and saw the film of stuff being thrown. There's so obviously a connection between the nature of the atmosphere that was generated and what happened at the end of the game. So, yeah, it made me feel like maybe we ought to take a look at ourselves. I'm not saying we should host vicarage tea parties, but even before the goal - that bloke in the front of R Block getting right in Oscar's face? It just makes us look ridiculous. Or like Chelsea fans.
Coins, Bottles etc on 12:18 - Apr 13 with 3123 viewsbob566

Coins, Bottles etc on 12:02 - Apr 13 by Juzzie

I've see QPR at many away games where, for one reason or another, I've been in the home end; Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea, Leeds, Charlton spring to mind.

I've always respected the fact I'm in the home end and kept schtumn when we scored. Not once have I worn colours or walked around with a QPR shirt on like billy big bollox. I don't condone violence but anyone who does do that is asking for trouble.

the only sports you see trouble at amongst fans is football and boxing (quite rare mind you)

Why can't fans mingle? It seems to be improving. The last couple of euros and world cups have been good from a crowd violence point of view.

Brazil looked like fans were all having fun together. Thats what sport should be about. Able to bring your kids to a safe enviroment screaming for their teams without fear of somebody getting a good kicking.

Chelsea players were wrong in what they did and the FA should step in and dock them. If the FA started to take pts off teams rather than fining them then this type of goading would stop quick enough.

Can't condone our fans throwing bottles and coins though no matter what.
Coins, Bottles etc on 12:26 - Apr 13 with 3101 viewsGetMeRangers

Coins, Bottles etc on 11:04 - Apr 13 by dsr_burnley

I am not sure this is true. It is for certain teams, by all means. I have taken opposing fans with me into R and P Blocks without a problem, too, in the past. People interested in watching a good entertaining game and capable of doing so without getting silly.

I am not alone either. Under Warnock, I met a Canaries fan flying from Holland to stay with QPR mates for the LR. I discovered that he was sitting a few seats from where I was going to be with three of my kids... two rows from the back of R Block. Not a problem.

It is one of the more wonderful things about our club.

However, there are certain clubs, with Milwall and Chelscum at the top of the list where I genuinely have enjoyed a game less because of infiltration of the away support into the home stands... not so much now, but certainly back in the 80s and 90s. Perhaps more accurately, followers of clubs who feel that it is big to get in among the home support, rather than sit with their own where they can join in supporting their side. Those intent upon provoking and causing trouble.
Coins, Bottles etc on 12:31 - Apr 13 with 3073 viewsbatmanhoop

apologise if anyone read the post about the Rangers fan being attacked, apparently a hoax.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 12:38]
Coins, Bottles etc on 12:36 - Apr 13 with 3038 viewsthemodfather

ok barton hit by a bottle at burnley...action= nothing
barton actually hit by a millwall fan taking a throw in, action=nothing
redknapp had ball in face from steward , action =nothing
and it goes on.

as for any one attacked and in hospital, not good if true and i wish them well.
to think the scum used to come and take over, and now have to be let out the back way to avoid SAR...how things have changed.
Coins, Bottles etc on 12:40 - Apr 13 with 3026 viewsYorkRanger

There are a few different issues now emerging in this thread. My views are:

1. Make Loftus Rd a noisy, hostile environment to intimidate away teams and maximise home advantage - fine by me.

2. Away fans sitting in home ends, respectfully and not making their true allegiances apparent - fine by me also (we've all done it)

3. Away fans sitting in home ends and celebrating when their team scores etc - unacceptable and whilst I do not condone violence, if someone sticks one on them what do they expect?

4. Away fans wearing colours in home ends (see 3 above).

5. Throwing objects at opposing players or fans - unacceptable whatever the provocation.

In terms of point 1 above (and I was watching on TV), I thought the atmosphere sounded electric. The one point I would make (and I despise John Terry as much as the next person), is the extensive use of the C word to describe him, didn't feel like it would make the viewing experience great for our female supporters, given this is a word many women find extremely offensive
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 13:07]
Coins, Bottles etc on 13:05 - Apr 13 with 2901 viewsmikeygunn

I was a bit embarresed by the stuff being thrown, I was watching on TV and the fans's at the ground were excellent. A real 12th man. I just dont see the point in chucking stuff at the opposition in whatever the circumstances are. I get to work this morning and thats what my work mates are talking about instead of a good performance. All a bit sad.
Coins, Bottles etc on 13:08 - Apr 13 with 2872 viewsW5R

Coins, Bottles etc on 12:40 - Apr 13 by YorkRanger

There are a few different issues now emerging in this thread. My views are:

1. Make Loftus Rd a noisy, hostile environment to intimidate away teams and maximise home advantage - fine by me.

2. Away fans sitting in home ends, respectfully and not making their true allegiances apparent - fine by me also (we've all done it)

3. Away fans sitting in home ends and celebrating when their team scores etc - unacceptable and whilst I do not condone violence, if someone sticks one on them what do they expect?

4. Away fans wearing colours in home ends (see 3 above).

5. Throwing objects at opposing players or fans - unacceptable whatever the provocation.

In terms of point 1 above (and I was watching on TV), I thought the atmosphere sounded electric. The one point I would make (and I despise John Terry as much as the next person), is the extensive use of the C word to describe him, didn't feel like it would make the viewing experience great for our female supporters, given this is a word many women find extremely offensive
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 13:07]

But he is a c#nt.

Calling him anything else is disrespectful.
Coins, Bottles etc on 13:21 - Apr 13 with 2813 viewsA40Bosh

It's always the way in football, most fans are totally biased and it's alright dishing it out but they don't like it if an opposition player or fans gives some back. Personally I love it when they do because it lets you know that in some small way they could not ignore you and you got to them. I remember Fat Frank laughing at us and giving us the v sign at SB whilst we were singing "she's got a face like a horse" 20ft away from him.

So what if the Chelscum players ran over and celebrated in front of the Loft - I had spent the entire previous 88 mins booing and screaming every time Captain Racist went near the ball. As I had no gig where I needed a voice for after the game, I could give it everything yesterday and this morning the throat is still rare and I can only talk with a whisper. That is what my job was yesterday to try and do any little thing that might help us get something to keep us up - but start throwing coins and objects at another human being for celebrating and taking the piss? - please, grow up.

The 12th Man did it's job perfectly yesterday until their goal and the throwing of missiles undoes that to an extent, especially if we end up getting fined.

Don't care what Ivanovic or Fabregas do as long as they don't jump in to the crowd and take a karate kick at someone.

I also draw the line at singing the JM is gay song and Droghba has aids - which some of the clowns behind me were singing - Homophobic and racists chants at QPR - never, we're saints.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Coins, Bottles etc on 13:44 - Apr 13 with 2760 viewsthemodfather

it's an offence for an away fan to be in the home end and vice versa..end of.
also an offence to lob things on the pitch but it's only an issue when we do it, it's the norm at millwall, likely leeds too....
it's an offence to do pretty much anything these days, when millwall tore down signs, nothing....flares on the pitch- nothing
i expect nothing less than ejection to the southern league and £100bn fine and castration for this.
all down to cesc choosing to run to the r block corner and celebrate/agitate there...celebrate yes but a few yrs back that's incitement.
Coins, Bottles etc on 14:25 - Apr 13 with 2667 viewsAitch

It was quite clear on TV the scum players were getting loads of abuse from the Ellerslie. No big deal and probably no worse than a lot of our own players have received over the years. Getting some back from their players when they scored was to be expected. But throwing stuff at them was f'kin moronic and if our players were on the receiving end we'd all be up in arms about it.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Coins, Bottles etc on 14:42 - Apr 13 with 2625 viewsLythamR

I think the chelsea players celebrating as they did is only to be expected given the abuse that was dished out to them, ivanovich had people screaming in his ear when he was leaning back to take throw ins, his response was to smile and lean back a bit further before getting on with the game. fair play to him

up until the throwing of objects yesterday was a great example of fierce rivalry making a brilliant atmosphere and a big part of what makes the premier league so popular around the world

Throwing objects at players is completely unacceptable, the only people really hurt are fellow supporters by reputation and the club through a probable fine.
Coins, Bottles etc on 16:38 - Apr 13 with 2483 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Coins, Bottles etc on 14:42 - Apr 13 by LythamR

I think the chelsea players celebrating as they did is only to be expected given the abuse that was dished out to them, ivanovich had people screaming in his ear when he was leaning back to take throw ins, his response was to smile and lean back a bit further before getting on with the game. fair play to him

up until the throwing of objects yesterday was a great example of fierce rivalry making a brilliant atmosphere and a big part of what makes the premier league so popular around the world

Throwing objects at players is completely unacceptable, the only people really hurt are fellow supporters by reputation and the club through a probable fine.

Psssst.

Don't tell anyone....

I quite like Ivanovich, career choices aside. Would have loved him at the club 10 years ago.
Coins, Bottles etc on 16:41 - Apr 13 with 2478 viewsJuzzie

Coins, Bottles etc on 16:38 - Apr 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Psssst.

Don't tell anyone....

I quite like Ivanovich, career choices aside. Would have loved him at the club 10 years ago.

He's a great player but he's a cnt. Why do so many great, talented, players have to be cnts?
Coins, Bottles etc on 16:44 - Apr 13 with 2468 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Coins, Bottles etc on 16:41 - Apr 13 by Juzzie

He's a great player but he's a cnt. Why do so many great, talented, players have to be cnts?

He is a Marc Bircham, Robbie Savage, Neil Warnock type cnt where you wouldn't mind them at your club pissing out.

Anyway, i'll stop licking his arse because he's still a blue dirtbag.
Coins, Bottles etc on 17:26 - Apr 13 with 2385 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Coins, Bottles etc on 13:21 - Apr 13 by A40Bosh

It's always the way in football, most fans are totally biased and it's alright dishing it out but they don't like it if an opposition player or fans gives some back. Personally I love it when they do because it lets you know that in some small way they could not ignore you and you got to them. I remember Fat Frank laughing at us and giving us the v sign at SB whilst we were singing "she's got a face like a horse" 20ft away from him.

So what if the Chelscum players ran over and celebrated in front of the Loft - I had spent the entire previous 88 mins booing and screaming every time Captain Racist went near the ball. As I had no gig where I needed a voice for after the game, I could give it everything yesterday and this morning the throat is still rare and I can only talk with a whisper. That is what my job was yesterday to try and do any little thing that might help us get something to keep us up - but start throwing coins and objects at another human being for celebrating and taking the piss? - please, grow up.

The 12th Man did it's job perfectly yesterday until their goal and the throwing of missiles undoes that to an extent, especially if we end up getting fined.

Don't care what Ivanovic or Fabregas do as long as they don't jump in to the crowd and take a karate kick at someone.

I also draw the line at singing the JM is gay song and Droghba has aids - which some of the clowns behind me were singing - Homophobic and racists chants at QPR - never, we're saints.

Perfectly put.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Coins, Bottles etc on 20:36 - Apr 13 with 2230 viewswillis1980

As much as I think pelting Chelsea players was unnecessary I can't say I didn't feel like chin bing them. None of the media I've seen or read mentions them celebrating in front of the home support deliberately, to the ignorant it would look like they were completely innocent on what occurred.

I reckon the reason mourinho glossed over it was because he didn't want any attention brought to the behaviours of his support staff or players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024