Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Games 11:11 - Apr 1 with 7421 viewsdaveB

Anyone know when the May tv games get announced?
Sky Games on 08:13 - Apr 3 with 1753 viewsqprmeath

All tv been selected now bar final day
Sky Games on 08:53 - Apr 3 with 1725 viewsRfromItaly

Thanks for clarifying this

Author of book about Venice, and football articles including personal QPR interviews with Bowles and Marsh. See website: www.dstandish.com

Sky Games on 11:00 - Apr 3 with 1681 viewsWalnut

Sky Games on 23:15 - Apr 2 by Northernr

Yes. Here in 2015 you have to decide when you want to travel by train at least three months in advance and pay for it then. If you want to change it within those three months - 95% of the time it's tough, and the other 5% of the time it's expensive. If you decide to leave it a bit later and see 100% of the time it's fcking expensive.

....and typically, the one game we could jump on early train tickets, ie Leicester, looks like it'll be a dead rubber for us! Not that it could've been much difference in fares but why couldn't these games have been selected right after the weekend of the Everton match rather than yesterday?
Sky Games on 12:11 - Apr 3 with 1666 viewsqprxtc

Saturday morning, early December 1991. 8am.

I'm stuck in bed nursing a rather delicious hangover from a raucous night in the Bush Ranger. A loud phone ring brings me abruptly to the land of the living.

It's Michael. 'What you doing today'? 'Feeling sorry for myself, why'?, 'Get dressed, we're going to watch Rangers', 'what in Manchester'?, 'yep', 'ok, see you at Euston in half an hour'.

And that was it. We were on our way to watch Man City v QPR in a top flight game. On a whim on the day of the game. No need to book train tickets months in advance. Cheap day return was the way forward. No need to spend a quarter of your wages on tickets. Pay on the day.

Got there in time for a few cheap beers in the many pubs in the area.

Good game ends 2-2 as we fought back from 2 down at half time. Missed a last minute penalty but scored from the resultant corner. Wonderful!

But still, everything is sooo much better these days.

Think I'll go for a drink in the Bush Ranger......
Sky Games on 08:42 - Apr 4 with 1587 viewsqprmeath

Leicester trains are fecked from Nuneaton, bus replacement
Sky Games on 08:59 - Apr 4 with 1571 viewspaesanu

Sky Games on 12:11 - Apr 3 by qprxtc

Saturday morning, early December 1991. 8am.

I'm stuck in bed nursing a rather delicious hangover from a raucous night in the Bush Ranger. A loud phone ring brings me abruptly to the land of the living.

It's Michael. 'What you doing today'? 'Feeling sorry for myself, why'?, 'Get dressed, we're going to watch Rangers', 'what in Manchester'?, 'yep', 'ok, see you at Euston in half an hour'.

And that was it. We were on our way to watch Man City v QPR in a top flight game. On a whim on the day of the game. No need to book train tickets months in advance. Cheap day return was the way forward. No need to spend a quarter of your wages on tickets. Pay on the day.

Got there in time for a few cheap beers in the many pubs in the area.

Good game ends 2-2 as we fought back from 2 down at half time. Missed a last minute penalty but scored from the resultant corner. Wonderful!

But still, everything is sooo much better these days.

Think I'll go for a drink in the Bush Ranger......

Great snapshot of how it used to be. The spontaneity of it all.... And look where we are now, 20 year olds think a 100k a week isn't good enough!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Sky Games on 13:07 - Apr 4 with 1525 viewsWalnut

Sky Games on 08:42 - Apr 4 by qprmeath

Leicester trains are fecked from Nuneaton, bus replacement

Try KX to Peterborough, Peterborough to Leicester
Sky Games on 16:45 - Apr 8 with 1460 viewsqprmeath

I'm coming from Birmingham airport. Think bus from birmingham coach station to get there and taxi back is best option
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024