Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player reaction to the changes 14:10 - Feb 5 with 10587 viewsWestminsteRs

Wondered if there had been any hints at which players are happy/upset/nonplussed about the departure of Harry's knees.

Caulker has just posted this on Instagram http://instagram.com/p/yuG7ANBLSv/?modal=true #freshstart with Adel, Fer and SWP.
Player reaction to the changes on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 3436 viewsOakR

Player reaction to the changes on 21:33 - Feb 5 by qprewan

He is a winger who is totally incapable of beating a man even when he was up against Burton Albion; does anything more need to be said.

Doubt we will agree - I acknowledge he has not been good as a general rule. I think he can have an end product.

My view remains with a good run and some coaching he would be useful. I think he will create more than Hoillet and provide much more cover defensively, which should not be underestimated.

I actually think this for a lot of our players, if played in the right positions and given proper instruction on what to do.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Player reaction to the changes on 22:35 - Feb 5 with 3332 viewseccles

I know its a fresh start, but I'm sort of hoping to see Adel in the hoops again on Sat, If I turn up and SWP is playing I don't think I'll be the only one who's swiftly heading back to the pub.
Player reaction to the changes on 22:44 - Feb 5 with 3312 viewsstansleftfoot

The QPR problem is that you don't coach 30 plus year old International Footballers....their brains and muscles are set to do the same things as thy've always done.....some of it will be good, some bad, sadly SWP has in reality been over rated throughout his career.
He's now a player in crisis as many many coaches have attempted to get SWP to play correctly in a number of positions but his natural talent to be very ordinary always wins....money down the drain....forget him!
Player reaction to the changes on 22:50 - Feb 5 with 3300 viewsOakR

Player reaction to the changes on 22:35 - Feb 5 by eccles

I know its a fresh start, but I'm sort of hoping to see Adel in the hoops again on Sat, If I turn up and SWP is playing I don't think I'll be the only one who's swiftly heading back to the pub.

I hope we see Tarrabt as well. Don't get me wrong I understand why you feel that way, I remember the season we lost 3-0 at home to Liverpool when we took a corner to SWP and it went through his legs. It summed him and our season up at that point.

But I think it can change. It will take time to turn people's opinion's around, and arguably rightly so. And of course I may well be wrong, but that's what my gut tells me.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Player reaction to the changes on 23:49 - Feb 5 with 3209 viewsDannyPaddox

Main thing to ascertain from the instagram is SWP clutching a half-used 250ml bottle of Original Source Lemon & Tea Tree Shower Gel. Currently on discount £1.20 at Morrison's Shepherds Bush. The boy's reported earnings have obviously been misreported.
Player reaction to the changes on 01:02 - Feb 6 with 3158 viewsgeorgiosfs

Player reaction to the changes on 15:01 - Feb 5 by bosh67

The club is to blame with SWP. He's been demonised by a lot of fans. The problem is the guy wants to play. He has always made himself available to play. He doesn't want to drop down to play. He wants to play here. I have never seen SWP not give 100% when he has played, however well or badly that has been, he has always tried to be involved. Personally I think he is a much better player than he's been given credit for. As we know under Harry if you don't fit into his plans that's it. All the guy has done has asked to be considered each week. What else can he do? The loan move has not been about a drop in pay etc etc, it's been about a player who actually wants to play here. Sadly he's been vilified for it when there have been so many others who actually couldn't care less and don't want to play here.

On another note, Adel needs to realise that this is his club. If he was wanted elsewhere permanently it would have happened. Now he has to realise that this club is his club and his future, if he applies himself should be here because this is his home. Anywhere else he will eventually fade away. Here he can shine.

From my armchair in Australia i agree.

SWP whilst being out of form when he played was no less better or worse than the others in the position yet whilst the out of favour others would get 10, 15, 20 minute cameos to try get some kind of form he was getting nothing.

Plus if we are gonna have a high wage earner on our books that doesn't want to leave, then put your arm over his shoulder, show the guy some love and try get him back into some kind of form as apposed to trying and loan another high wage earner who is in the same boat at their club.
Player reaction to the changes on 11:20 - Feb 6 with 3042 viewsJuzzie

Hi Bosh... "The problem is the guy wants to play" - so why didn't he take up the numerous chances to go on loan?

I think it needs to be re-worded to "The guys wants to play in the PL, even though he's incapable of it, because he thinks he's above anything below this level".

If he's given a chance in our XI and suddenly produces the form that keeps us up this season then great..... and bye-bye come June.
Player reaction to the changes on 12:05 - Feb 6 with 2991 viewsQPunkR

I genuinely can't believe there's more than one person on here that actually thinks Shite-Phillips is a) under-rated and b) actually has any end product!! Seriously!
For the love of all that's sacrosanct, the man can barely stand up and look at a football at the same time!!
Yes, he tracks back. If you wanna play him, put him at fúcking RB then! He's actually dangerous to *us* when played in a forward position. Abominable, abominable signing.

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Player reaction to the changes on 12:46 - Feb 6 with 2921 viewsDANRANGER

Player reaction to the changes on 12:05 - Feb 6 by QPunkR

I genuinely can't believe there's more than one person on here that actually thinks Shite-Phillips is a) under-rated and b) actually has any end product!! Seriously!
For the love of all that's sacrosanct, the man can barely stand up and look at a football at the same time!!
Yes, he tracks back. If you wanna play him, put him at fúcking RB then! He's actually dangerous to *us* when played in a forward position. Abominable, abominable signing.

I think it is a case of, by not playing can make you a better player based on the form of those who are playing! Like you say I agree he works hard but that should be the basic requirement of a professional footballer, but it is a little bit too late for Shaun and he is way past coaching. The sooner SWP, Barton, Rio leave the better for the club.

If we stay up then no more contracts over 50k please and those on 50k need to be bloody good!! Charlie for example would be well deserving.

Back to OP and you would hope there is a positive reaction but all that matters is points on the board right now and a new positive approach can only help.
Player reaction to the changes on 14:32 - Feb 6 with 2846 viewslave16

Player reaction to the changes on 12:05 - Feb 6 by QPunkR

SWP contract is not his problem its the clubs... we offered him a fortune he took it... he may not be working /playing hard enough to deserve it in our opinions but at the end of the day its what we offered and he accepted so we just need to get on with it...

Anywhere else he goes he will be on a fraction of what he is here, hence he is not going to move.. and you cannot blame him most of us would probably do the same...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Player reaction to the changes on 14:46 - Feb 6 with 2815 viewsDANRANGER

Player reaction to the changes on 14:32 - Feb 6 by lave16

SWP contract is not his problem its the clubs... we offered him a fortune he took it... he may not be working /playing hard enough to deserve it in our opinions but at the end of the day its what we offered and he accepted so we just need to get on with it...

Anywhere else he goes he will be on a fraction of what he is here, hence he is not going to move.. and you cannot blame him most of us would probably do the same...

Agree the contract was offered and the club have to live with that. However his refusal to go out on loan (still receiving the same £'s each week) and play some football and possibly do well to show he still has something to offer the club that pays him this small fortune is extremely disappointing. Agreed he doesn't have to go but surely somewhere inside him he still wants to play and the Championship is definitely not beneath him.

I was pleased when he signed but clearly the money he has earned and the comfortable lifestyle is enough for him and who are we to argue with that, it's his life, but overall he's been a massive let down for us.
Player reaction to the changes on 14:50 - Feb 6 with 2803 viewsQPunkR

I wasn't even talking about his contract you'll notice. No matter if we were bunging him a tenner a week (plus packed lunch), he's still been utterly, utterly shite.

QPR - "shit but local"

Player reaction to the changes on 16:43 - Feb 6 with 2733 viewsAntti_Heinola

SWP has, unlike certain other players at the club, not only been given countless chances in the team, but he had good runs in the side too, under every manager who's been here. And, first 6 games under Warnock apart, when he really was very good, he's been rubbish. To suggest he hasn't been given enough of a chance is utter nonsense. Can't shoot, can't cross, can't dribble. Total waste of time.

Bare bones.

Player reaction to the changes on 17:05 - Feb 6 with 2690 viewseasthertsr

Player reaction to the changes on 17:46 - Feb 5 by qprmeath

Who can replace baton? No alternative in our squad in my opinion

Baton?, are we in the 4 x 400 relay?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 17:06]
Player reaction to the changes on 17:09 - Feb 6 with 2671 viewsWestonsuperR

SWP was given a chance against Burton and throw not only his chance away but also any desire from the fans to ever see him play for the club again with a performance that was not only diabolical but also had no heart or desire. Let's not try and pretend he has ever been any good for us apart from his first 2 or 3 matches. I hope he isn't given another chance and is left to rot in the reserves like he deserves for turning down numerous loan opportunities.

Of course the club shouldn't have given him the contract he is on but they aren't to blame, he is for clearly not putting in enough effort to get in what has often been a badly performing team with few wing options.
Player reaction to the changes on 17:15 - Feb 6 with 2622 viewsQPR_ARG

Are we seriously debating whether SWP is good enough for the Premier League or for QPR (regardless of what division we're in)?

This is 2015, people.

Wake up!
Player reaction to the changes on 17:21 - Feb 6 with 2612 viewssimmo

He's dogw*nk and that's that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Player reaction to the changes on 18:15 - Feb 6 with 2557 viewsShotKneesHoop

Player reaction to the changes on 01:02 - Feb 6 by georgiosfs

From my armchair in Australia i agree.

SWP whilst being out of form when he played was no less better or worse than the others in the position yet whilst the out of favour others would get 10, 15, 20 minute cameos to try get some kind of form he was getting nothing.

Plus if we are gonna have a high wage earner on our books that doesn't want to leave, then put your arm over his shoulder, show the guy some love and try get him back into some kind of form as apposed to trying and loan another high wage earner who is in the same boat at their club.

I'd put my arm around his shoulder, and then kick him in the nuts.

How many chances has this waster had? Far too many. Only a couple of months of bench warming left.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Player reaction to the changes on 22:33 - Feb 6 with 2388 viewsdistortR

There's loads of these free loaders now. I wonder if they'll wake up one day and think, "shit, i've got one life, one chance, and i spent too much of my time sitting on my arse earning big time while life passed me by. Yes, i'm rich, but by most standards i'd have been rich anyway. What a waste".
Player reaction to the changes on 00:27 - Feb 7 with 2282 viewsTrom

Player reaction to the changes on 22:44 - Feb 5 by stansleftfoot

The QPR problem is that you don't coach 30 plus year old International Footballers....their brains and muscles are set to do the same things as thy've always done.....some of it will be good, some bad, sadly SWP has in reality been over rated throughout his career.
He's now a player in crisis as many many coaches have attempted to get SWP to play correctly in a number of positions but his natural talent to be very ordinary always wins....money down the drain....forget him!

Looked fantastic in his early career in a cup game against us at Loftus Road I seem to remember.
Player reaction to the changes on 07:58 - Feb 7 with 2212 viewsderbyhoop

There should be a lesson learned from this.
If any player wants a contract that takes him beyond 32 it must end within the year. Any player over 32 only gets offered a 12 month deal - if they get an offer at all.

And that gets embedded as a club policy, with NO exceptions.

The risks of a players performance deteriorating at that sort of age are too great and the club needs the safety net.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024