Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony is Gone...Official 15:14 - Jan 14 with 5390 viewsLord_Bony

28m

Goodbye Wilfried Bony.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30817037

[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 15:20]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bony is Gone...Official on 15:20 - Jan 14 with 4203 viewsOldjack

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/136029/all-the-best-bigm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bony is Gone...Official on 15:25 - Jan 14 with 4172 viewscockneyswan

Bony is Gone...Official on 15:20 - Jan 14 by Oldjack

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/136029/all-the-best-bigm

Goodbye Wilf, and thanks for the memories. Come on Bafe score some goals for Swansea!!
Bony is Gone...Official on 16:10 - Jan 14 with 4038 viewsveritas

All the best Wilfried.
Bony is Gone...Official on 16:19 - Jan 14 with 4016 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We've been mugged

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:24 - Jan 14 with 3986 viewsSS11

This is actually really painful, I haven't felt like this since Trunds left for £1million. Players like Scotland and Sinclair leaving were different. Also Michu's departure followed a steady decline so it wasn't as bad. Losing a real top class player at his prime is a kick in the teeth

Poll: Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :)

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:24 - Jan 14 with 3984 viewsgibs0n

28m£, thats a lot of money :D
Bony is Gone...Official on 16:25 - Jan 14 with 3978 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:24 - Jan 14 by gibs0n

28m£, thats a lot of money :D

It's £25 with add on's

That's what I am reading

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:27 - Jan 14 with 3974 viewsveritas

28m is an awesome deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:32 - Jan 14 with 3956 viewsDaithejack

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:27 - Jan 14 by veritas

28m is an awesome deal.

Good luck Wilf lad, all the best for the future. It was a pleasure to watch you in a Swans shirt, time to move on now though it will be hard but nobody is irreplaceable as we've proved in the past.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:43 - Jan 14 with 3924 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:27 - Jan 14 by veritas

28m is an awesome deal.

It's a bag of shite deal, that's what it is.

I'm sure the board held out for us much as they could get though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:48 - Jan 14 with 3902 viewsveritas

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:43 - Jan 14 by Neath_Jack

What did you seriously think we could get?

28m is a fair price, he's not that good. Yeah I said it.

28m is fair
Bony is Gone...Official on 16:52 - Jan 14 with 3891 viewsLord_Bony

The bottom line...we pocket £23 million less expenses gives a profit of £10 million for the club minus interest payments we paid previously to buy him.

His Former club Vitesse get a whopping 7% commission from the deal.
The other £3 million for us to get seems unlikely. All in all I think we could have done better?
read the following..

"The deal involves £25 million upfront with a further £3 million paid in performance-related add-ons.

To achieve these add-ons Manchester City must have won the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup in the next four years with Bony featuring in 60% of the total matches. It is reported his salary will rocket to £100,000 a week.

However what you may not know is that a sell-on clause was inserted into Bony’s contract when Vitesse Arnhem sold him to Swansea.

This means Vitesse will receive at least 7% as part on the sell-on clause. This could be up to £2 million for the Dutch side."
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 16:53]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:55 - Jan 14 with 3871 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:43 - Jan 14 by Neath_Jack

I am reading its £25m + add on's .

We've been mugged , there's a list as long as your arm with players going for £25 million bracket.

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 3863 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:48 - Jan 14 by veritas

28m is fair

Oh yeah i forgot, we're little old Swansea, we should be pleased with what the big boys throw down to us eh. Not to mention we make "£10m" profit. How very ungrateful of me to expect at least the going rate for a player of his quality.

I'll treat the other comment with the contempt it deserves.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 16:58]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Bony is Gone...Official on 17:02 - Jan 14 with 3825 viewshobo

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:48 - Jan 14 by veritas

28m is fair

I was expecting £42m, which I think would be a fair deal for both clubs
Bony is Gone...Official on 17:05 - Jan 14 with 3813 viewsNeathJack

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:57 - Jan 14 by Neath_Jack

Oh yeah i forgot, we're little old Swansea, we should be pleased with what the big boys throw down to us eh. Not to mention we make "£10m" profit. How very ungrateful of me to expect at least the going rate for a player of his quality.

Don't think it's so much a case of little old Swansea but more a case of there was an agreement with Wilf that if he agreed to the new contract waiving the release clause that if a bid came in of this sort of amount we would accept it.

The alternative I guess would have been him refusing the new contract and us getting only £19m.
Bony is Gone...Official on 17:05 - Jan 14 with 3809 viewsveritas

Bony is Gone...Official on 16:57 - Jan 14 by Neath_Jack

jeez you'd swear we'd just sold a World icon.
Bony is Gone...Official on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 3794 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony is Gone...Official on 17:05 - Jan 14 by NeathJack

Don't think it's so much a case of little old Swansea but more a case of there was an agreement with Wilf that if he agreed to the new contract waiving the release clause that if a bid came in of this sort of amount we would accept it.

The alternative I guess would have been him refusing the new contract and us getting only £19m.

My point is to the people saying it's a great deal, it's not. It's really not. I am not saying we could have held out for more, infact i stated that the board probably held out for as much as possible given the circumstances, but that doesn't equate to £25m + add ons being a good/great/marvelous deal.

Bony is Gone...Official on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 3792 viewsSgorioFruit

With the type of money being thrown around in todays football i too expected a bit more than £28 mil.
Also in that BBC report Bony keeps going on about what a fantastic opportunity, not one word to mention what he thought about Swansea.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Bony is Gone...Official on 17:09 - Jan 14 with 3784 viewsNeathJack

Bony is Gone...Official on 17:08 - Jan 14 by Neath_Jack

My point is to the people saying it's a great deal, it's not. It's really not. I am not saying we could have held out for more, infact i stated that the board probably held out for as much as possible given the circumstances, but that doesn't equate to £25m + add ons being a good/great/marvelous deal.

Wouldn't argue with that.
Bony is Gone...Official on 17:12 - Jan 14 with 3760 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I agree.

I think our problem here was that Man City were the only takers. Once Bony's head was turned we weren't in a good position to haggle over a few more million unless there was another suitor sniffing around.

It's not a great deal but it's as good as we could reasonably get given the circumstances.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony is Gone...Official on 17:15 - Jan 14 with 3747 viewsWarwickHunt

Top scorer last year in the best league in the world to the richest club in the world.
£25m is piss poor. % (someone please tell me it's 7% of profit and not the total...) to Vitesse. The add-ons are a joke.

We blinked.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 17:32]
Bony is Gone...Official on 17:18 - Jan 14 with 3723 viewsParlay

Its an awful deal, no getting around it.

He is a £35m striker minimum. In todays market then probably closer to £40m.

We have sold him for £23m after paying Vitesse.

This could be the boards first big selling transfer mistake.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Bony is Gone...Official on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 3701 viewsLeonisGod

It doesn't seem that way does it, although time will tell. If he carries on as if nothing has happened then we'll no doubt see this as a give away. If he does a Sinclair though we'll be laughing all the way to the bank (I strongly suspect he won't though).

I imagine you are right that the board held out for all they could, as they've normally done pretty well in the transfer market.
Bony is Gone...Official on 17:34 - Jan 14 with 3657 viewsParlay

We have only got £10m more than we paid Vitesse after giving them 7%.

£10m?! That is all we are supposed to believe his value has increased by?!

The buying club is the richest in the world and he has become the top goalscorer in the Premier League and regularly scored against all the big teams who could not stop him.

Its like Spurs selling Gareth Bale for £20m after ripping the Premier League apart.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024