Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 15:51 - Dec 2 with 27085 views_dezzy

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-v-oldham-athletic-club-statem

This post has been edited by an administrator

KHBA

Club staetment on 11:34 - Dec 3 with 1927 viewsdingdangblue

Club staetment on 17:35 - Dec 2 by Brierls

The club statement is one of the main stories on SSN.

It wasn't difficult for Oldham fans to get tickets for the home end due to the OL postcode? Well researched.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/9589954/roc

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club statement on 11:38 - Dec 3 with 1925 viewsParkinsGimp

On this occasion, there was nothing the club could of done to stop these "wetwipes" getting in , even all ticket wouldnt of stopped them due to locale. The vouchers idea is ok but would of meant less than 4000 Dale and the club need the money and the support. The easy way to control the situation is to have intelligent stewards and police who act quickly to move the knobs out immediately , not stand there and look at them , whilst more Dale fans get annoyed around them. It could of been so easy to diffuse that situation if the GMP had acted swiftly to remove the three soft lads who were stood there. I felt sorry for the one steward trying to keep them safe. he had no help from his colleagues, again they should be looking out for this!
So end of the day police and stewards need to step up to the plate in future.
Club statement on 11:42 - Dec 3 with 1911 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 10:44 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

Entering the wrong stand knowingly is an offence leading to ejection,what part of that dont you still grasp?
Id let your own fans know its only a football match and not a civil war as most of your chavs turned up just to get pissed up and cause trouble.

An offence leading to ejection. There we go. So not a criminal offence and in fact one which a steward should be dealing with and not your fans.

All it needed was 1 fan to point out to a steward that there were Oldham fans in your stand and they would have been ejected without any issue. Instead a small number of your supporters decided to take matters into their own hands and it gets messy...
Club statement on 11:50 - Dec 3 with 1892 viewsBobbyjoe

Club statement on 21:14 - Dec 2 by KenBoon

It's a shame that 99.9% of fans have to be treated like monsters because the dregs of society want to cause crap. Going to Football matches is relatively safe. As safe as going to watch any other sporting event. But we're treated differently. We have far more stewards and police, cannot drink within view of the game (a rule that just encourages pre-match binge drinking imho and drunk people aren't always stopped getting in so its more dangerous) and a number of other rules aimed to control people who mostly just need assistance to seats and someone who can help should they need it.

The entire idea that Oldham fans couldn't go in the home end suggests that being unruly is what they expect everyone to be. I'm sure most Oldham fans in the home end just watched a Football Match and went home afterwards. Again everyone suffers because the dregs come along.

The reason we cannot drink, cannot stand (in top 2 divisions) and a host of other measures is because of the dreg's behaviour. They won't let a very-past violent history die. They're the enemy of anyone who wants to enjoy a Football match because they ensure that none of us can be trusted not to behave like animals.

I remember the cup game against Bury when there seemed to be more stewards and police than fans in the away end. Most of the fans were families with kids too. It's was pathetic seeing the stewards acting as if they were dangerous convicts being transferred, but this is how we're treated because of the dregs. It's not BANTER. It's not part of Football Culture. You're not creating a better atmosphere. It's being a plank who watches too many crap Hooligan films.

Sorry, Ken, but you're completely wrong. Sadly, football always has, and probably always will, be an unsafe environment for civilised people. We have been taking that calculated risk all our lives; and if and when we get caught up in violence, the world and her husband has no sympathy for us.
Club statement on 12:03 - Dec 3 with 1863 viewsolympicdale

I'm not sure what the club could have done, the home stands weren't all ticket, made it easy for Oldham fans to pay on the gate, the club wouldn't be the wiser. It is down to the mindless idiots who choose to cause trouble instead of just watching the game and leaving.

Life is a game of fate.

Club statement on 12:08 - Dec 3 with 1847 viewsD_Alien

Club statement on 11:50 - Dec 3 by Bobbyjoe

Sorry, Ken, but you're completely wrong. Sadly, football always has, and probably always will, be an unsafe environment for civilised people. We have been taking that calculated risk all our lives; and if and when we get caught up in violence, the world and her husband has no sympathy for us.

Well said.

If not directly comparable, there are similiarities with driving. We take to the roads with the possibility of a drunk/idiot/unqualifed/uninsured driver crossing our paths. The awareness doesn't deter most of us, but every now and again we hear about the horrendous results, such as the crash at the Cemetery junction a couple of weeks ago.

Once difference is that the world does have sympathy for anyone innocently caught in the path of idiots. As far as attending a football match is concerned, some people will be deterred from attending ever again. That's the true cost of what happened last Saturday.

[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 12:09]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club statement on 12:10 - Dec 3 with 1844 viewstazzydjr

Club statement on 11:42 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

An offence leading to ejection. There we go. So not a criminal offence and in fact one which a steward should be dealing with and not your fans.

All it needed was 1 fan to point out to a steward that there were Oldham fans in your stand and they would have been ejected without any issue. Instead a small number of your supporters decided to take matters into their own hands and it gets messy...

Oldham Fan's were pointed out but none of them were ejected as in their word "they are doing no harm" no doubt it'll be a different story at your place when we play you therefore someone's gotta take the blame?

#DoubleStandards

#FootballLeaguevExPremiership
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 12:12]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Club statement on 12:13 - Dec 3 with 1836 viewsDaley_Lama

They went in the home end
They went to the section where our punchy types congregate
They didn't reveal themselves until you got a penalty, then celebrated and goaded (seeing as they were in the home end)

If I walked into your house, did a dump on your rug I wouldn't expect you to sit there watching Emmerdale. I wouldn't blame you if you punched me.

It's also rematrkable that it was a group of punchy types right there. They knew where they were going, what they were doing,, the reaction they were looking for. Other fans in the ground were not set upon. They wanted a scrap, they got a scrap.

I will repeat ad infinitum, if you poke at a lion enough times, don't blame it if it bits you.

If you stick your hand in a bees nest, don't blame the bees if they sting you.

If you come into the home end, head to where the naughty boys sit, celebrate/goad when you get a penalty, then don't come onto here blaming the home fans.

You are defending numpties and looking like a biffool in doing so.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Club statement on 12:23 - Dec 3 with 1810 viewsToffeemanc

Club statement on 12:08 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

Well said.

If not directly comparable, there are similiarities with driving. We take to the roads with the possibility of a drunk/idiot/unqualifed/uninsured driver crossing our paths. The awareness doesn't deter most of us, but every now and again we hear about the horrendous results, such as the crash at the Cemetery junction a couple of weeks ago.

Once difference is that the world does have sympathy for anyone innocently caught in the path of idiots. As far as attending a football match is concerned, some people will be deterred from attending ever again. That's the true cost of what happened last Saturday.

[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 12:09]

Your last point about attending future games is spot on for me.

Given that Oldham fans were in our stands on Saturday and couldn't behave what chance of the return game being problem free? As a fan who brings his child to every home game and around 10 - 12 away games per season the away game at Boundary Park has just been removed from the list of away games we are attending this season due to the obvious increased risk of trouble at this match.
Whilst I will obviously miss out on a potentially good atmosphere and game the risk of being caught up in trouble should we gain a positive result is a risk for me not worth taking.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Club statement on 12:33 - Dec 3 with 1788 viewsnordenblue

Please tell me you're really not this stupid? I'll try again in plain english,would there have been any trouble in the home end had your chimps not gone in the wrong end, a simple yes or no will be smashing
Club statement on 12:45 - Dec 3 with 1767 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 12:10 - Dec 3 by tazzydjr

Oldham Fan's were pointed out but none of them were ejected as in their word "they are doing no harm" no doubt it'll be a different story at your place when we play you therefore someone's gotta take the blame?

#DoubleStandards

#FootballLeaguevExPremiership
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 12:12]

It won't be an issue at Boundary Park as you won't sell out even the small section never mind the whole away end.

However if by some miracle you bring enough, we have safety procedures in place. On purchase of their season ticket, everyone in the Verlin Stand buys one knowing that if a significant away following comes to town, they will be moved to another stand.

If the game is ever big enough in that a team brings the full 4,600 to fill the stand, then the other stands are full anyway with Oldham fans.
Club statement on 12:45 - Dec 3 with 1766 viewsTVOS1907

I take it you were one of the Oldham fans in the wrong stand given your eagle-eyed view of it all?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club statement on 13:43 - Dec 3 with 1651 viewsChaffRAFC

Club statement on 12:13 - Dec 3 by Daley_Lama

They went in the home end
They went to the section where our punchy types congregate
They didn't reveal themselves until you got a penalty, then celebrated and goaded (seeing as they were in the home end)

If I walked into your house, did a dump on your rug I wouldn't expect you to sit there watching Emmerdale. I wouldn't blame you if you punched me.

It's also rematrkable that it was a group of punchy types right there. They knew where they were going, what they were doing,, the reaction they were looking for. Other fans in the ground were not set upon. They wanted a scrap, they got a scrap.

I will repeat ad infinitum, if you poke at a lion enough times, don't blame it if it bits you.

If you stick your hand in a bees nest, don't blame the bees if they sting you.

If you come into the home end, head to where the naughty boys sit, celebrate/goad when you get a penalty, then don't come onto here blaming the home fans.

You are defending numpties and looking like a biffool in doing so.

Brilliant post.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Club statement on 13:47 - Dec 3 with 1644 viewsRosun

I now know how I'm going to make my first million when I pitch these ideas on Dragons Den:

a) A brick wall shop near to San Spotty so the Dale fans can bang their heads against it.
b) A blinkers removal shop in the open end of Boundary Park to assist some Latics fans with the removal of said items.
c) An opticians for those fans who could not see smoke bombs / read signs above turnstiles / see that Wetherspoons was not letting anyone in or out / programme sellers getting turned over.

Easy money.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 13:50]
Club statement on 14:29 - Dec 3 with 1599 viewsbiffo4321

So who on here actually saw a programme seller get attacked? All a load of b0ll0cks if you ask me.
Club statement on 14:40 - Dec 3 with 1581 viewsTVOS1907

Club statement on 14:29 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

So who on here actually saw a programme seller get attacked? All a load of b0ll0cks if you ask me.

We weren't doing.

However, if you think this is something else we've invented and Oldham fans weren't responsible for, perhaps you'd like to contact the Lotteries Manager, who organises the programme sellers, and ask him why he was instructed to move them all inside the ground, where there were more police and stewards, after the incident happened.

I can give you his number or you can find it on our official website.

Club statement on 15:05 - Dec 3 with 1547 viewsRosun

Club statement on 14:29 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

I did. I mentioned it on Saturday.
I also mentioned that at that point I turned around and took my 7 year old daughter home.
I also saw the smoke bomb.
I also saw fighting in the Pearl St stand and a woman getting walloped simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I saw people on the pitch near the corner flag.
I missed seeing Hulk Hogan though.
I was on the due on lash in Manchester that evening so I walked down to the tram stop and was busting for a pi$$ so i thought I'd call into Wetherspoons for one. When I tried to leave I was told that I couldn't as it was kicking off outside and for my safety blah blah we are keeping you inside.
Is there anything else that you say didn't happen that I might have seen?
Club statement on 15:18 - Dec 3 with 1534 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 15:05 - Dec 3 by Rosun

I did. I mentioned it on Saturday.
I also mentioned that at that point I turned around and took my 7 year old daughter home.
I also saw the smoke bomb.
I also saw fighting in the Pearl St stand and a woman getting walloped simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I saw people on the pitch near the corner flag.
I missed seeing Hulk Hogan though.
I was on the due on lash in Manchester that evening so I walked down to the tram stop and was busting for a pi$$ so i thought I'd call into Wetherspoons for one. When I tried to leave I was told that I couldn't as it was kicking off outside and for my safety blah blah we are keeping you inside.
Is there anything else that you say didn't happen that I might have seen?

Lies. All lies.
Club statement on 15:19 - Dec 3 with 1530 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 14:40 - Dec 3 by TVOS1907

We weren't doing.

However, if you think this is something else we've invented and Oldham fans weren't responsible for, perhaps you'd like to contact the Lotteries Manager, who organises the programme sellers, and ask him why he was instructed to move them all inside the ground, where there were more police and stewards, after the incident happened.

I can give you his number or you can find it on our official website.

So you have made a presumption and basically spouted on here what you think COULD have happened and passed it off as fact.

Yes please give me his phone number and I will see that my PA gives him a ring.
Club statement on 15:21 - Dec 3 with 1526 viewsRosun

I give up.
Where's that brick wall?

How does the saying go? ... "don't argue with imbeciles as they will drag you down to their level"
Club statement on 15:22 - Dec 3 with 1526 viewsDomDale

Club statement on 15:19 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

So you have made a presumption and basically spouted on here what you think COULD have happened and passed it off as fact.

PA or carer?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Club statement on 15:26 - Dec 3 with 1507 viewsbiffo4321

Ha ha ha right ok I give up now.

I've had my fun. You guys genuinely seem like a cracking set of supporters as are 99.9% of Dale fans I know.

All the best for the remainder of the season and see you all at BP!
Club statement on 15:27 - Dec 3 with 1504 viewsnordenblue

Is your PA a psychiatric assistant? They HAVE got a job on their hands
Club statement on 15:28 - Dec 3 with 1503 viewsTVOS1907

No, I haven't, although you might save yourself some embarrassment if you use your brain before typing.

Anyway, ring 0844 826 1907 (option 3) and ask for Pete. You'll also find those details on our o/s if you want to double-check them.

Club statement on 15:38 - Dec 3 with 1488 viewsaleanddale

what a shower they are.

Decent start to the season and gone billy big balls - big time.

Had to leave early when the trouble got to much for a very upset 5 year old. In the family stand too.

As others have stated I am seriously considering Not going to BP due to the obvious attitudes of an unusual high proportion of fans who seem to follow Oldham at the moment.

No doubting that most are honest footballing loving fans but you only need to read the Fleetwood away thread on there messageboard and there is PLENTY of evidence that they want a repeat of last Saturday.

The gist >>

Where will the action be i fancy a right tear up

They cant cope we will sell out easily and be all over the home ends.

Repeated several times like neanderthals. After last weekend of all weekends. They seem to be getting very proud of this thuggish reputation.

What a disgrace. Oldham knew the rules and just could not / or chose not to accept them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024