Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe 13:20 - Nov 4 with 9754 viewsjohncharles

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-confident-jermain-defoe-will-agree-

This a joke, right ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Defoe on 23:24 - Nov 4 with 1299 views1BobbyHazell

Good f-ing grief, NO!!!

There is not a club in the land who should be more aware of the anti-team building, cash sapping, struggle filled future creating, chuck players together without a proper tactical plan making, nature of buying obvious HAS BEENS on a downward slope.

It was painful watching all the pro Rio signing posts pre season after all our previous experiences but to still see people at it now about Defoe is genuinely confusing.
Defoe on 23:33 - Nov 4 with 1270 viewsjohncharles

Please Tony, I know how much you like to Twitter. Reassure us that you really have learned from past mistakes.

Strong and stable my arse.

Defoe on 23:33 - Nov 4 with 1270 viewsessextaxiboy

Defoe on 23:24 - Nov 4 by 1BobbyHazell

Good f-ing grief, NO!!!

There is not a club in the land who should be more aware of the anti-team building, cash sapping, struggle filled future creating, chuck players together without a proper tactical plan making, nature of buying obvious HAS BEENS on a downward slope.

It was painful watching all the pro Rio signing posts pre season after all our previous experiences but to still see people at it now about Defoe is genuinely confusing.

Just because one hasnt worked out it doesnt mean that they all wont .

Strikers are different anyway , Eto ,Lambert, Phillips, its instinct .

Charlie has it as demontrated by his last 3 goals ,he didnt need to be that quick of feet , just mind ...IMO
Defoe on 23:36 - Nov 4 with 1265 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know all opinions should be respected, and maybe I am arrogant in saying this but anyone advocating signing Defoe for peanuts or otherwise needs their head checking .

He is the caricature of a player we shouldn't be signing.
Defoe on 23:44 - Nov 4 with 1252 viewsessextaxiboy

Defoe on 23:36 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

I know all opinions should be respected, and maybe I am arrogant in saying this but anyone advocating signing Defoe for peanuts or otherwise needs their head checking .

He is the caricature of a player we shouldn't be signing.

Nope you are entitled to your views and to be fair you are not alone ,but others have a different one
Defoe on 23:44 - Nov 4 with 1251 views1BobbyHazell

Defoe on 23:33 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

Just because one hasnt worked out it doesnt mean that they all wont .

Strikers are different anyway , Eto ,Lambert, Phillips, its instinct .

Charlie has it as demontrated by his last 3 goals ,he didnt need to be that quick of feet , just mind ...IMO

ONE? I demand a recount! You might want to check your workings.

It's generally accepted as fact that it's actually centre backs who age the best and are least affected by declining athleticism. Strikers are the earliest to decline.

As someone said earlier in the thread Eto is a completely different type of player with a whole host of skills that he has adapted to playing off the striker. Skills that Defoe never had.

Philipps, granted, a freak. But he is the exception that proves the rule.

It's time to put this policy to bed. A club our size cannot possibly hope to build a future with a competeitve side that is relatively financially viable with this philosophy. We gave it a try, it stank out the whole place, it's time to learn from the clubs that are the obvious shining examples around us that would never even dream of signing a Rio or Defoe before we sink and don't comeback and end up lamenting at our leisure how we spunked close to a quarter of a billion pounds and built F**k ALL.
Defoe on 23:47 - Nov 4 with 1241 viewsTheBlob

Defoe on 23:44 - Nov 4 by 1BobbyHazell

ONE? I demand a recount! You might want to check your workings.

It's generally accepted as fact that it's actually centre backs who age the best and are least affected by declining athleticism. Strikers are the earliest to decline.

As someone said earlier in the thread Eto is a completely different type of player with a whole host of skills that he has adapted to playing off the striker. Skills that Defoe never had.

Philipps, granted, a freak. But he is the exception that proves the rule.

It's time to put this policy to bed. A club our size cannot possibly hope to build a future with a competeitve side that is relatively financially viable with this philosophy. We gave it a try, it stank out the whole place, it's time to learn from the clubs that are the obvious shining examples around us that would never even dream of signing a Rio or Defoe before we sink and don't comeback and end up lamenting at our leisure how we spunked close to a quarter of a billion pounds and built F**k ALL.

Goalkeepers age the best.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Defoe on 23:48 - Nov 4 with 1240 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Defoe on 23:44 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

Nope you are entitled to your views and to be fair you are not alone ,but others have a different one

Will you at least agree that there are many, many strikers that we could and should be signing ahead of him (for less) ?
Login to get fewer ads

Defoe on 23:58 - Nov 4 with 1229 viewsTheBlob

Feast your minces on some of these.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1905961-20-south-american-players-to-watch-ou

Defoe on 00:39 - Nov 5 with 1206 viewsHollowayRanger

id rather we sacked redknapp

then sign defoe

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Defoe on 02:11 - Nov 5 with 1177 viewsessextaxiboy

Defoe on 23:48 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Will you at least agree that there are many, many strikers that we could and should be signing ahead of him (for less) ?

For less ? Definately...agreed . Summer transfer ..agreed. younger no prem experience but potential ? agreed but In Jan when you need goals now not in Feb or March ? Who ?
Defoe on 02:58 - Nov 5 with 1159 viewsVancouverHoop

If you're talking about a loan then Defoe would be playing very few matches for us. Recent January loans from MLS to the Premier League include Thierry Henry (4 games, I Goal), Clint Dempsey (5 games, 0 goals), Robbie Kean (6 games, 3 goals.)
Defoe on 03:26 - Nov 5 with 1149 viewsDylanP

90K is 60k too much

3 years is 2 years too much

Please no!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Defoe on 08:18 - Nov 5 with 1087 viewstimcocking

As above, 60k too much, two years too much. Please let it be newspaper bollox.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 8:18]
Defoe on 08:20 - Nov 5 with 1082 viewsCiderwithRsie

Wouldn't it be great if we were about to throw a heap of money at Harry Kane rather than Defoe. Or better still, had done so last summer.
Defoe on 08:34 - Nov 5 with 1065 viewsbosh67

I hear it is £200K a week over 10 years.

If he does come I would be surprised if it is more than £30K a year over 2 years. Not really believing the press these days.

Agree with a few of the others though. Better to spend X million on Harry Kane. Him and Charlie would rip the division up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defoe on 09:35 - Nov 5 with 1002 viewskensalriser

Where's the indication that Spurs have any intention of selling Kane?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Defoe on 09:38 - Nov 5 with 998 viewsMaggsinho

Defoe on 09:35 - Nov 5 by kensalriser

Where's the indication that Spurs have any intention of selling Kane?

Or that he would want to come here.
Defoe on 09:47 - Nov 5 with 989 viewsTheBlob

Who would want to come here without a blindfold/cattle prod/compromising photographs/Rohypnol?

Defoe on 10:16 - Nov 5 with 959 viewsrobith

Defoe on 16:23 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

The 11 goals says it all

In a league where Bradley Wright Phillips has torn up the scoring records. The SPL is a better indicator of form than the MLS
Defoe on 10:22 - Nov 5 with 953 viewsTopCat34

Defoe on 23:22 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

It would be a gamble , of course it would . But no more of a gamble than relying on someone who has never kicked a ball in this league .

Redknapp got pelters last year for not signing cover for Charlie (even though he had been trying all month)and paid for it when he got injured in the last week of Jan ,confirmed as long term on the 31st .... we ended up with Keane and Maiga and the playoffs. .

It looks as though it may happen , it may be a done deal . He is going to play in a hooped shirt so I say get behind him until he shows you different , he hasnt even got on the plane yet .

I could reel you off a dozen names of decent players whos form dived under AVB.

I like Defoe - think he's a good finisher who will undoubtedly give his all for 'Arry.

But, you have to agree it's a huge risk lumbering ourselves with perhaps yet another player on huge wages, who will I'm sure be difficult to shift should we be relegated. I think if we've got through those winnable games with a good share of points, and have pulled a way a bit, I think Defoe would be a great addition to bolster the strike force for the remainder of the season and give Charlie/BZ a bit of a break. Unfortunately, I don't know if I see that happening.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 10:22]
Defoe on 10:52 - Nov 5 with 920 viewsAntti_Heinola

Defoe on 23:22 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

It would be a gamble , of course it would . But no more of a gamble than relying on someone who has never kicked a ball in this league .

Redknapp got pelters last year for not signing cover for Charlie (even though he had been trying all month)and paid for it when he got injured in the last week of Jan ,confirmed as long term on the 31st .... we ended up with Keane and Maiga and the playoffs. .

It looks as though it may happen , it may be a done deal . He is going to play in a hooped shirt so I say get behind him until he shows you different , he hasnt even got on the plane yet .

I could reel you off a dozen names of decent players whos form dived under AVB.

Keane, Maiga, Doyle, Ravel, the Brazilian lad. 5 strikers.
Yes, Redknapp did get pelters for not signing an extra striker at the start of that season, mainly because on deadline day he was busy bringing in a midfielder who wasn't much use and yet another left back, despite the fact we had virtually no cover at right back and not enough strikers. Funny that.

How does 'kicking a ball in this league' make you a better signing? I just don't get it. Charlie had never kicked a ball in this league, and has scored 5 in 9. The West Ham front two had never kicked a ball in this league and are banging them in every week. It's nonsense thinking with no actual basis in reality. It's cliched rubbish, an accepted wisdom that means nothing in the real world.

Redknapp can whine all he wants about Remy, but had we done the right thing and let Zamora go and bought a proper replacement who could actually play 90 minutes of football on a regular basis, we wouldn't have quite so many striking issues. That would at least have given us three strikers rather than two and a half. BZ has been playing well in short bursts, but his presence was always going to be an issue because his body is broken down, and has been since before we signed him.

Of course I'll support Defoe if and when he plays - but that's completely irrelevant. This is a stupid signing doomed to fail. Another expensive failure for yet another has-been.

Defoe was often sub under Redknapp too, by the way - he hasn't been a force for some time.

Bare bones.

Defoe on 10:56 - Nov 5 with 915 viewsAntti_Heinola

Defoe on 03:26 - Nov 5 by DylanP

90K is 60k too much

3 years is 2 years too much

Please no!

Even £30k is ludicrous. Can you imagine Leicester paying that? Or West Brom? For *Defoe*? Have we all gone mental?

Bare bones.

Defoe on 10:59 - Nov 5 with 910 viewsTopCat34

Defoe on 10:56 - Nov 5 by Antti_Heinola

Even £30k is ludicrous. Can you imagine Leicester paying that? Or West Brom? For *Defoe*? Have we all gone mental?

I suppose it's the grim inevitability that he will sign. And, 30k/40k sounds a lot better than 90k. We've given more to worse.
Defoe on 11:00 - Nov 5 with 1436 viewsJamie

Defoe on 10:52 - Nov 5 by Antti_Heinola

Keane, Maiga, Doyle, Ravel, the Brazilian lad. 5 strikers.
Yes, Redknapp did get pelters for not signing an extra striker at the start of that season, mainly because on deadline day he was busy bringing in a midfielder who wasn't much use and yet another left back, despite the fact we had virtually no cover at right back and not enough strikers. Funny that.

How does 'kicking a ball in this league' make you a better signing? I just don't get it. Charlie had never kicked a ball in this league, and has scored 5 in 9. The West Ham front two had never kicked a ball in this league and are banging them in every week. It's nonsense thinking with no actual basis in reality. It's cliched rubbish, an accepted wisdom that means nothing in the real world.

Redknapp can whine all he wants about Remy, but had we done the right thing and let Zamora go and bought a proper replacement who could actually play 90 minutes of football on a regular basis, we wouldn't have quite so many striking issues. That would at least have given us three strikers rather than two and a half. BZ has been playing well in short bursts, but his presence was always going to be an issue because his body is broken down, and has been since before we signed him.

Of course I'll support Defoe if and when he plays - but that's completely irrelevant. This is a stupid signing doomed to fail. Another expensive failure for yet another has-been.

Defoe was often sub under Redknapp too, by the way - he hasn't been a force for some time.

It might all be cliche'd rubbish Ants, but it's defending Redknapp and another £10m+ spaffed up the wall, and that's the modus operandi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024