Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread 22:45 - Oct 18 with 20238 viewsPlazex

Poll: Where will we finish?

The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:18 - Oct 19 with 1015 viewsgiantstoneater

Monk hasn't learnt his lesson after the Real Betis game Stoke were dominating us and Adam had a free ride in midfielders does Monk do bring on Gomis and Montero Montero did well, then Monk brought on Emnes on and our 3 strikers just got in each other's way. We have gone from a side playing well for 45 mins under Laudrup to a side playing well for 20 under Monk. This game has truly underlined our lack of depth in central midfield with a reluctance to play Fulton who perhaps could have done a job on Adam. Our Back four are abysmal our passing out of defence was very bad and we were woeful up top. KI runs out of steam and ideas and boy do I wish he could finish. And Routledge has to learn to shoot more quickly. I know we missed Shelvey today but we are looking poor. I hope we have something lined up in January.
The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:25 - Oct 19 with 971 viewsjojaca

Losing to the likes of Stoke, West Ham and Hull hurts me more than any other team. We are like a timid school boy engaging big school bully.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 18:28]

Even when you know, you never know?

The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:25 - Oct 19 with 969 viewsymaohyd

The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:07 - Oct 19 by QuakerJack

Have to disagree I'm afraid. Took our entire midfield off when we needed to take control of that area. Went to that disjointed 4-4-2 system which has consistently failed us in pre season and we got more and more overrun.

Then he took another midfielder, so we had three up front and one in midfield, our shape just fell apart because of the changes. Fulton should have come on for Carroll.

Spot on. I must say I'm getting concerned now because to me we don't look like a team of winners. A team that can win ugly. As soon as something goes against us as someone else pointed out we fall apart.

I said at the time, but our record in the closing stages of transfer windows is abysmal. We need to be far more fluid in the way we go about our business. The last few seasons have seen us picking up Schecter and last season Vazquez late on, both woefully short on quality at this level.

Not to pick up a defensive midfielder was unforgiveable. Many on here were shouting loud for the need for one and now it looks like no brainer. I know we lost out on Besic, however we really should have picked up someone else.

I'm a big supporter of Garry Monk, however surprisingly for me he has created a very weak midfield, which is surprising , given the type of player and person he is.

I'm starting to fear for the rest of the season, I don't think we'll beat Leicester as they represent the type of side who I don't feel that we compete well against. We've always been a bit of a poor man's Arsenal, this season that has become even more so. I know by all accounts Ki played ok today, however a midfield of Ki and Carroll along with light wingers isn't going to control the game at Stoke. That was obvious before the game and apparent in the second half.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:28 - Oct 19 with 937 viewslonglostjack

Looking at the positives, that was our game to lose and we did. I went there two seasons ago and we weren't in it at all. Played some lovely stuff first half and should have taken our chances. Second half I think we were sitting back and hoping to hit them on the counter - but we really needed to use our pace and cut it back behind the defence. I do wish Ash would stay back and not come up for every corner too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:34 - Oct 19 with 899 viewskarnataka

The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:25 - Oct 19 by ymaohyd

Spot on. I must say I'm getting concerned now because to me we don't look like a team of winners. A team that can win ugly. As soon as something goes against us as someone else pointed out we fall apart.

I said at the time, but our record in the closing stages of transfer windows is abysmal. We need to be far more fluid in the way we go about our business. The last few seasons have seen us picking up Schecter and last season Vazquez late on, both woefully short on quality at this level.

Not to pick up a defensive midfielder was unforgiveable. Many on here were shouting loud for the need for one and now it looks like no brainer. I know we lost out on Besic, however we really should have picked up someone else.

I'm a big supporter of Garry Monk, however surprisingly for me he has created a very weak midfield, which is surprising , given the type of player and person he is.

I'm starting to fear for the rest of the season, I don't think we'll beat Leicester as they represent the type of side who I don't feel that we compete well against. We've always been a bit of a poor man's Arsenal, this season that has become even more so. I know by all accounts Ki played ok today, however a midfield of Ki and Carroll along with light wingers isn't going to control the game at Stoke. That was obvious before the game and apparent in the second half.

When we lost out on Besic, did we still have an opportunity to get JdG? Can't remember in what order things happened but I was very disappointed we didn't even seem to try to get JdG. I know he's not strictly a defensive midfielder but he's versatile and we'd have been much better with him in the team today than Carroll.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:37 - Oct 19 with 895 viewsshandyjack

The official Stoke city v Swansea city thread on 18:01 - Oct 19 by kopperburgjack

Garry monk can only do a certain amount. Thought he made all the right decisions today , players didn't perform simple as that!

If you think Garry monk lost it for us your deluded, looking for the easy way out by just trying to point the finger at one person.

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024