Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
steven gerrard 20:47 - Jun 19 with 6742 viewsQPR1882

FCKING BOTTLE MERCHANT
steven gerrard on 22:38 - Jun 19 with 1382 viewsTW_R

steven gerrard on 22:27 - Jun 19 by SpiritofGregory

The Italian defence won't be so generous.

I hope not. We need them to be impenetrable for their next 2 games and them scoring lots of goals would be good too.

Then we can look forward to losing to Costa Rica on Tuesday.
steven gerrard on 22:43 - Jun 19 with 1368 viewsBasingstokeR

I can't accept that Gerrard wasn't bad in either game. Yes the defending was poor or worse - but we're talking Gerrard here! What aspect of his performance was a 5/10 or above? Did he even do his captains post match interview? He just shouldn't have been in the squad, the signs were there all season with Liverpool.
steven gerrard on 22:44 - Jun 19 with 1367 viewsBirchwood

Spot on!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.

steven gerrard on 22:52 - Jun 19 with 1334 viewsHunterhoop

Gerrard probably was a 5/10.

Cahill and Jagielka, were lower, much lower. Their defending was atrocious. They made far more basic errors than Gerrard, but yes, Gerrard was poor.
steven gerrard on 22:57 - Jun 19 with 1318 viewsQPR1882

Cant believe the defence is getting so much shit, yes they were poor but Gerrards powder puff attempt at a tackle for there 1st goal and his poor poor header for the 2nd goal was our downfall tonight.
steven gerrard on 22:57 - Jun 19 with 1317 viewsTW_R

steven gerrard on 22:52 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

Cahill and Jagielka, were lower, much lower. Their defending was atrocious. They made far more basic errors than Gerrard, but yes, Gerrard was poor.

Agreed. 4 very poor goals conceded so far. I guess Hodgson didn't watch the play-off final. That's how you f*cking defend.
steven gerrard on 23:00 - Jun 19 with 1307 viewsHunterhoop

steven gerrard on 22:57 - Jun 19 by TW_R

Agreed. 4 very poor goals conceded so far. I guess Hodgson didn't watch the play-off final. That's how you f*cking defend.

Exactly, get Nedum in there! Obviously Dunne doesn't qualify.
steven gerrard on 23:01 - Jun 19 with 1303 viewsLowerloftLad

Bottled it with Liverpool against palace never mind the World Cup

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

steven gerrard on 23:09 - Jun 19 with 1281 viewsbosh67

To be fair to Gerrard

1. He's had to captain the team
2. He's had to run the midfield
3. He had to relay the game plan

That's 3 things to remember. Anyone knows us blokes can't multitask.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

steven gerrard on 23:15 - Jun 19 with 1266 viewsNorthLondonR

steven gerrard on 23:09 - Jun 19 by bosh67

To be fair to Gerrard

1. He's had to captain the team
2. He's had to run the midfield
3. He had to relay the game plan

That's 3 things to remember. Anyone knows us blokes can't multitask.

1. He's never had any criticism on anything ever..ever
2. The media believe he's never at fault for anything....ever
3. He scouse
4. Apparently someone he's related to is related to Hillsborough
5. He's the greatest player who ever did live
6. He plays for Liverpool
7. 90% of us remember a life before "Stevie G"
steven gerrard on 23:18 - Jun 19 with 1257 viewsHunterhoop

steven gerrard on 23:15 - Jun 19 by NorthLondonR

1. He's never had any criticism on anything ever..ever
2. The media believe he's never at fault for anything....ever
3. He scouse
4. Apparently someone he's related to is related to Hillsborough
5. He's the greatest player who ever did live
6. He plays for Liverpool
7. 90% of us remember a life before "Stevie G"

What?!

Really?

Think you've got a bit of an issue there, mate. Not at all how I and, everyone I know reads the media re. him.

What's Hillsborough got to do with his ability as a footballer or how the press rate him?!

C'mon...
steven gerrard on 23:20 - Jun 19 with 1242 viewsHollowayRanger

steven gerrard on 23:01 - Jun 19 by LowerloftLad

Bottled it with Liverpool against palace never mind the World Cup

I was thinking more the chelski game

centrebacks were always going to be our weak link

adams butcher walker wright campbell Ferdinand terry

all far better then these two

for me they are B defenders
A. terry B.cahill
A.distin B.janlika

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

steven gerrard on 23:24 - Jun 19 with 1238 viewsSimonStainrod

Agree past his best but didn't strike me as too bad a performance from him. Also thought Cahill did ok til last 5 mins. BUT wtf does Welbeck offer?! Couldn't wait til he got subbed, worst England player by far from my birdseye spot on sofa thousands of miles away. Surely I can't have been the only one shouting for him to get off?
steven gerrard on 23:24 - Jun 19 with 1190 viewsjonno

Pub team defending for both goals really, particularly the second. I said before the WC started that Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney should no longer be part of the team. All past it in my view and living on past glories. We need to give younger players the chance to play at international level.
Beaten by a country with a population a third the size of London. Piss Poor.
steven gerrard on 23:25 - Jun 19 with 1185 viewsFredManRave

steven gerrard on 22:52 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

Gerrard 5/10. Are you basing that on your expectations of how he would play...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

steven gerrard on 23:25 - Jun 19 with 1185 viewsNorthLondonR

steven gerrard on 23:18 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

What?!

Really?

Think you've got a bit of an issue there, mate. Not at all how I and, everyone I know reads the media re. him.

What's Hillsborough got to do with his ability as a footballer or how the press rate him?!

C'mon...

Fair play a bit emotive re. Hiksborough however "Stevie G" does largely escape any kind of criticism of any level based on the fact that apparently he's salt ov d earff. I have never seen it in anyway at all, and before you do the North London Gadtro Pub launch, he was actually pretty poor in that 2005 final and was caught outs of position 3 times causing hamman to step up.

Just watch the game (which I haven't watched back) and tell me he's not a liability, he is awful and canno be charged with protecting a back 4. Just cannot.
steven gerrard on 23:25 - Jun 19 with 1184 viewsCamberleyR

"living on past glories"

Living on past failures more like.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

steven gerrard on 00:23 - Jun 20 with 1136 viewsMrSheen

I thought Henderson did OK. Passed the ball forward and had the energy to support attacks unlike Gerrard. That said, he's no Pirlo. When have England last had a decent defensive midfielder? Ledley King did his best, Butt and Batty were cheap imitations. Ince? Styles??? Was that what Rodwell was supposed to be before he vanished at City?
steven gerrard on 01:04 - Jun 20 with 1109 viewsshrewranger

steven gerrard on 22:09 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

Their second goal was not Gerrard's fault. Jeez, you ever played football at any level? You even watched it live before?!

He's goes up for a competitive header in the middle and doesn't get it quite right and it skims off his head. It happens.

The issue was the two centre halves defending that long punt as badly as you can.

1) Jagielka, if you let your man go to the punt and don't follow him, then you must drop and drop quickly, not stand in no man's land. Make the decision earlier.
2) Cahill, you're marking the ONLY player on the pitch any flick on (off Gerrard or not) can go to. Just track him. Absolute basics. Just track him. WHY would you stop?! What are you doing?!

Honestly, Gerrard's involvement is minor. Even with his flick on there should be no danger. Piss poor from our centre halves.

SPOT ON
steven gerrard on 01:33 - Jun 20 with 1102 viewsAgedR

He sat a bit too deep generally and couldn't impact the game in the way he might of.

However, to blame him for the defeat is unfair and to blame him him for the second goal shows a complete lack of understanding of the basic fundamentals of the game (I'm afraid you're on the wrong site).

He made a decent challenge, which he won, all be it it glanced off his head towards his defenders. Unfortunately, they both were ball watching and consequently neither went man to man or cover (sweeping). Add to that the fact that Hart went down too early (the shot went in the middle of the goal) and we conceded.

Gerard has been the outstanding English player of his generation and has represented his club, country and community with complete dignity.

He is past his best, but to decry him shows an utter ignorance and disrespect for the game.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

steven gerrard on 01:56 - Jun 20 with 1089 viewsozexile

Surely Johnson needs to look at himself for their first goal. Should have closed cavani down way sooner.
steven gerrard on 03:38 - Jun 20 with 1061 viewsSonofNorfolt

Would rather Lee Cattermole than Henderson.
Honest.
steven gerrard on 05:46 - Jun 20 with 1042 viewsparker64

Maybe it was the conditions but looked like SG's legs had gone a bit. Time moves on.

On an aside I always thought the way he got off his court case was a bit dodgy.
steven gerrard on 06:27 - Jun 20 with 1286 viewsSnipper

steven gerrard on 03:38 - Jun 20 by SonofNorfolt

Would rather Lee Cattermole than Henderson.
Honest.

The last play England had before the second goal was when Henderson picked the ball up to the right of the Uruguayan penalty area after the defender slipped and left him in acres of space. He could have and should have ran into the area and maybe got a shot in. Instead he stood still with the ball for what seemed like an eternity, and then just put a very lazy cross in far too close to the keeper. They then scored from the keepers clearance.

Henderson is no international class player. The same could be said for a few good others too.
steven gerrard on 06:54 - Jun 20 with 1265 viewsAunt_Nelly

steven gerrard on 22:09 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

Their second goal was not Gerrard's fault. Jeez, you ever played football at any level? You even watched it live before?!

He's goes up for a competitive header in the middle and doesn't get it quite right and it skims off his head. It happens.

The issue was the two centre halves defending that long punt as badly as you can.

1) Jagielka, if you let your man go to the punt and don't follow him, then you must drop and drop quickly, not stand in no man's land. Make the decision earlier.
2) Cahill, you're marking the ONLY player on the pitch any flick on (off Gerrard or not) can go to. Just track him. Absolute basics. Just track him. WHY would you stop?! What are you doing?!

Honestly, Gerrard's involvement is minor. Even with his flick on there should be no danger. Piss poor from our centre halves.

Truth.

LFW never fails to surprise me. How can so many people spend so much time watching and talking about football and still know so little about the game? Astonishing.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 7:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024