Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from bungle 10:34 - Mar 7 with 12706 viewsWeaverQPR

Chairman Tony Fernandes issues statement on behalf of QPR Shareholders …

Tony Fernandes, speaking on behalf of the QPR Shareholders, has today issued the following statement in relation to the club’s latest statutory accounts.

‘When we took ownership of QPR in August 2011, our initial objective was to secure Premier League stability and to establish the club in the top flight.

While we worked hard to achieve this, we were always mindful that relegation was a possibility, just as it is for the majority of clubs competing in the top division of English football.

While relegation was not part of our strategy, it was something we were prepared for.

Every great endeavour needs support in the short term. Every business requires capital to get off the ground. When we bought this club there were no assets. We had to build from the ground up.

Now we have great assets and we are in a position where we can use this asset base to develop our squad, without the need to invest new capital.

Relegation wasn't part of the plan and it has cost us financially and emotionally, but I and my fellow Shareholder are fighters. We are committed and here for the long term.

With regards to the debt it is important to understand that this is through shareholder loans.

The debt in the club is owed TO the Shareholders BY the Shareholders.

We are all fully committed to QPR in the short, medium and long term and are 100 per-cent focused on delivering our vision for the club.

Promotion back to the Premier League is a major challenge, but one we are committed to.

Achieving promotion this season is not critical to our long-term strategy, but it remains our short term goal.

If we fail in our bid for promotion, the support is there and there is no need for any more advances to build a squad.

We are now in a position where we can work with what we have, and raise capital to invest in the squad by selling players who are not part of the manager’s plans.

We would like to reassure the QPR supporters that our commitment is unwavering and we remain passionate about our club.’

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/07...yisSdgjyEyd.99

@WeavQPR

Statement from bungle on 15:16 - Mar 7 with 1218 viewsColombiR

Statement from bungle on 14:47 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

huge over-simplification, but point taken.

I think you're probably both heading to roughly the same point: football's not that easy to get right in the sense of winning most games, but it's sure as hell not too hard to do a lot better than we've done in the last three years...?
Statement from bungle on 15:20 - Mar 7 with 1205 viewsColombiR

Statement from bungle on 13:06 - Mar 7 by DieByYourSide

Fernandes:
Qpr fans sleep easy. Uncle tony, amit din, ruban all around for a long long time. Journey continues. Let's focus on Birmingham

'Uncle Tony' ffs. Think we all need to throw all our support behind the team this season and hopefully go up through the playoffs cause let's face it, it's not gonna get any easier for us.

I read that and presumed it was a spoof account: did he actually refer to himself in the third person and as "Uncle Tony"?
Lunatic. You're not my uncle and if you were you wouldn't have made supporting QPR so unbearably painful and in enjoyable.
Statement from bungle on 15:21 - Mar 7 with 1201 viewsFDC

Statement from bungle on 15:20 - Mar 7 by ColombiR

I read that and presumed it was a spoof account: did he actually refer to himself in the third person and as "Uncle Tony"?
Lunatic. You're not my uncle and if you were you wouldn't have made supporting QPR so unbearably painful and in enjoyable.

Yep, I couldn't believe it either so checked his twitter feed. Pretty fcking patronising and incredibly ill-advised given the current mood.
Statement from bungle on 15:23 - Mar 7 with 1187 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Uncle Tony...hmm...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Statement from bungle on 15:24 - Mar 7 with 1184 viewsPinnerPaul

Statement from bungle on 15:13 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Well, is it? You have a decent manager who comfortably keeps team in the Prem league, and he's saying you need these players. You buy them, thinking well this is our big outlay now - in future, outlays will be smaller because we're building a base and the Prem money is increasing. In 5 years we have a new stadium and new training ground. It's an investment. When you take a long term view, it's a risk, but probably one they judged worth taking. People were excited by Granero. Cisse had had a great pre-season. Mbia was seen as a coup. Park was a signing that might bring in more revenue and while he was not good enough for Man U, plenty of other Prem clubs would have taken him.
Now in retrospect it looks, as you say, fcking stupid. But at the time very, very few people said that. Most pundits had us finishing mid-table with our new signings.

Indeed, everythings so easy now.

The clamour on here when FB was NOT spending any money ahead of the season was 100% against him.

I still remember looking at our matchday squad v Swansea and thinking wow, we are going to be all right this season.

As others have said if it was all so easy, anyone with money would be running hugely successful, profitable clubs all over the place, its isn't and they are not.
Statement from bungle on 15:28 - Mar 7 with 1185 viewsNorthernr

Statement from bungle on 15:13 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Well, is it? You have a decent manager who comfortably keeps team in the Prem league, and he's saying you need these players. You buy them, thinking well this is our big outlay now - in future, outlays will be smaller because we're building a base and the Prem money is increasing. In 5 years we have a new stadium and new training ground. It's an investment. When you take a long term view, it's a risk, but probably one they judged worth taking. People were excited by Granero. Cisse had had a great pre-season. Mbia was seen as a coup. Park was a signing that might bring in more revenue and while he was not good enough for Man U, plenty of other Prem clubs would have taken him.
Now in retrospect it looks, as you say, fcking stupid. But at the time very, very few people said that. Most pundits had us finishing mid-table with our new signings.

Yes. It's always stupid. And it would have been stupid if we'd finished tenth last season. Whatever your business, once you're spending 100%+ of your income on wages alone you're being bloody stupid.
Statement from bungle on 15:38 - Mar 7 with 1158 viewsdaveB

Statement from bungle on 14:52 - Mar 7 by stansleftfoot

Presumably this is why all Football Leagues are so competitive, that managers statistics are all so remarkably alike, and that all Football Clubs are fighting at the top table for Championships, Cups, Leagues and the like.
It is precisely because it's not an easy game to be successful in that Charlatans like Hughes, Redknapp, Wally Downes are able to earn a very respectable living pulling the wool over the eyes of successful businessmen.
If it's so easy show me the Club in profit at the top of the table, producing it's own players from an in-house Academy of educated, skillful, responsible, mature footballing students ripe for long careers at the Top level and the international game.
It's easy being a clueless opinionated football fan with no idea how difficult it is to run a Professional Football Club profitably, sustainably, successfully whilst offering a value for money entertainment product. That's what is easy! I know!

very few clubs are run this way which is why so many have short term success followed by years of nothing
Statement from bungle on 15:52 - Mar 7 with 1117 viewsenfieldargh

norwich, stayed up and targeted more strikers to keep them up. Spent a fortune on 3 or 4 and are scoring less than they did previously.

Funny old game

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Login to get fewer ads

Statement from bungle on 15:53 - Mar 7 with 1116 viewsdaveB

Statement from bungle on 15:24 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

Indeed, everythings so easy now.

The clamour on here when FB was NOT spending any money ahead of the season was 100% against him.

I still remember looking at our matchday squad v Swansea and thinking wow, we are going to be all right this season.

As others have said if it was all so easy, anyone with money would be running hugely successful, profitable clubs all over the place, its isn't and they are not.

maybe I'm wrong and football is hugely complicated and only a genius gets it right. To me the club with the best players and best manager tend to win most games so you have to work out the best way for your club to get the best players and best manager.

If you have a billionaire and are in the champions league you just spend and spend and eventually you'll get it right but one year outside the top four and god help you.

If you are a tiny club with an 18,000 seater stadium and a rich owner you look to bring players through, snap up the best of the players from similar sized clubs and grow from there. Always look to bring in players, managers and staff who see your club as the pinnacle of their career not somewhere where they pay well.

This isn't anything new, look at the clubs history and our best teams in the last 20 years
92-93, Sinton, Peacock, Ferdinand, Barker, Bardsley, Wilson, all players on the way up with a manager on the way up.

97-98 Spencer, Peacock, Sheron and Stuart Houston in charge, all players and managers who saw QPR as a step down and shock horror we were crap.

03-04 Gallen, Rowlands, Shittu, Forbes, Day, Camp, Ainsworth with Holloway on the way up

current shambles Dunne, Barton, SWP, Zamora, Johnson, Doyle with Redknapp as manager, all done more and had their best days elsewhere, net result pile of expensive shit
Statement from bungle on 15:59 - Mar 7 with 1107 viewsMarc

£1m for Park?
Statement from bungle on 16:09 - Mar 7 with 1082 viewsShotKneesHoop

Statement from bungle on 15:52 - Mar 7 by enfieldargh

norwich, stayed up and targeted more strikers to keep them up. Spent a fortune on 3 or 4 and are scoring less than they did previously.

Funny old game

And the chances are they will be in the Championship next year, the way things are panning out for them. They have a horrendous last six games.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Statement from bungle on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 1074 viewsLoft1979

Statement from bungle on 15:52 - Mar 7 by enfieldargh

Funny old game

+1

Add to that Crystal Palace. Wasnt it just 2 years ago they were in danger of folding?
This year they brought in more players than anyoner thought they could afford.
Statement from bungle on 16:14 - Mar 7 with 1072 viewsTHEBUSH

It seems that some on this board, would still have prefered Tango and Cash as our owners, they were pretty shrewd with their dosh.

While we all probably agree that TF has made humongous mistakes, I'd still prefer him than those other (shrewd) businessmen
Statement from bungle on 16:21 - Mar 7 with 1058 viewsNorthernr

Statement from bungle on 16:14 - Mar 7 by THEBUSH

It seems that some on this board, would still have prefered Tango and Cash as our owners, they were pretty shrewd with their dosh.

While we all probably agree that TF has made humongous mistakes, I'd still prefer him than those other (shrewd) businessmen

A regime that oversees a four year contract on £12k a week for Patrick Agyemang, and a another four year contract on £16k a week for Fitz Hall, with Gianni Paladini making the decisions, is not "shrewd" by any definition of the word I understand.
Statement from bungle on 16:24 - Mar 7 with 1053 viewsLoft1979

Well timed comment.

Tony is the best thing that has happened to QPR in many years. The Wright years were not exactly happy ones either. Ecclestone and Briatore scarcely 'invested' in QPR. They 'loaned' and fired their way to that Championship. The best investment was Adel (and Ale). They had the chance to buy many more including Wayne Routledge...but did not.
Statement from bungle on 16:31 - Mar 7 with 1041 viewspaulparker

Statement from bungle on 16:24 - Mar 7 by Loft1979

Well timed comment.

Tony is the best thing that has happened to QPR in many years. The Wright years were not exactly happy ones either. Ecclestone and Briatore scarcely 'invested' in QPR. They 'loaned' and fired their way to that Championship. The best investment was Adel (and Ale). They had the chance to buy many more including Wayne Routledge...but did not.

why is tony the best thing ever ?? we are a 177 million in debt playing in the championship
the wright years started pretty much the same as "uncle Tony"
throwing money around on over paid has beens, bad managerial choices, no idea on how to run a football club, empty promises etc
BTW im not advocating tango & cash either, North is right they are just to blame and just as useless

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Statement from bungle on 16:32 - Mar 7 with 1038 viewsJAPRANGERS

Statement from bungle on 14:44 - Mar 7 by francisbowles

Sincerely hope you are not comparing TF to Maxwell the pension fund robber!

That's not THE Maxwell who used to open the doors of his helicopter and piss over London is it??
Statement from bungle on 16:32 - Mar 7 with 1037 viewsAntti_Heinola

Statement from bungle on 15:28 - Mar 7 by Northernr

Yes. It's always stupid. And it would have been stupid if we'd finished tenth last season. Whatever your business, once you're spending 100%+ of your income on wages alone you're being bloody stupid.

That's a total nonsense, Clive, sorry. Businesses all over the world spend more than they have in the early years of a business that they're planning on growing. They'll take huge hits short term weighed against future gains. That's what venture capital exists. That's why banks loan businesses money. When Branson first started Virgin Atlantic, they would have been having huge outlays and losses for years because they were looking at long term returns. Obviously QPR weren't buying planes or office space or stock or whatever, but their major outlay, as with all football clubs, would have been wages.

Look, I'm no economist, but this stuff is pretty basic business. I think mistakes were made, I think if they did it again they'd do it differently, as would Hughes, but actually, had we stayed up, the losses would be extremely manageable and as I said, almost everyone expected us to stay up with the players and management team we had. So to call it bloody stupid is, I think, rather harsh. That's not to say I don't think we're in dire straits, I'm sure we are, but at the same time I have some sympathy for what they tried two summers ago.

And I'm in the minority here, but I happen to believe that had we won at Norwich and perhaps won at Spurs when we fully deserved to, we would have won a few more before Xmas, Hughes would have remained, and we'd have stayed up. I think while, yes, we had plenty of duffers, a lot of the poor form was down to a loss of confidence in not winning early when we deserved to. Ale Faurlin said as much on the podcast: team spirit comes with winning games (and vice versa of course).

Look, it's a mess, I'm not denying that. I spent most of that summer screaming 'STOP SIGNING PLAYERS' but at the same time I don't think it was fcking stupid. Things are always more complex than that.

Bare bones.

Statement from bungle on 16:33 - Mar 7 with 1034 viewsdaveB

Fernandes is just Tango and Cash with a smile.

Under Tango & Cash we spent premier league money on championship players, under Fenrnades we spend champions league money on lower half premier league players past their best.

Suggesting Fernandes has made a pigs ear of it doesn't mean anyone wants him out or wants Chris Wright back, Wright made exactly the same mistakes though and talked of a new stadium and we almost ended up as MK QPR.
Statement from bungle on 16:34 - Mar 7 with 1029 viewsJAPRANGERS

Statement from bungle on 16:21 - Mar 7 by Northernr

A regime that oversees a four year contract on £12k a week for Patrick Agyemang, and a another four year contract on £16k a week for Fitz Hall, with Gianni Paladini making the decisions, is not "shrewd" by any definition of the word I understand.

Dear ol' Dave

Whatever happened to him??
Statement from bungle on 16:35 - Mar 7 with 1020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Statement from bungle on 16:33 - Mar 7 by daveB

Fernandes is just Tango and Cash with a smile.

Under Tango & Cash we spent premier league money on championship players, under Fenrnades we spend champions league money on lower half premier league players past their best.

Suggesting Fernandes has made a pigs ear of it doesn't mean anyone wants him out or wants Chris Wright back, Wright made exactly the same mistakes though and talked of a new stadium and we almost ended up as MK QPR.

"Fernandes is just Tango and Cash with a smile."

What a line!

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I smiled wryly, so that's something.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Statement from bungle on 16:39 - Mar 7 with 1010 viewsA40Bosh

Statement from bungle on 16:32 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

That's a total nonsense, Clive, sorry. Businesses all over the world spend more than they have in the early years of a business that they're planning on growing. They'll take huge hits short term weighed against future gains. That's what venture capital exists. That's why banks loan businesses money. When Branson first started Virgin Atlantic, they would have been having huge outlays and losses for years because they were looking at long term returns. Obviously QPR weren't buying planes or office space or stock or whatever, but their major outlay, as with all football clubs, would have been wages.

Look, I'm no economist, but this stuff is pretty basic business. I think mistakes were made, I think if they did it again they'd do it differently, as would Hughes, but actually, had we stayed up, the losses would be extremely manageable and as I said, almost everyone expected us to stay up with the players and management team we had. So to call it bloody stupid is, I think, rather harsh. That's not to say I don't think we're in dire straits, I'm sure we are, but at the same time I have some sympathy for what they tried two summers ago.

And I'm in the minority here, but I happen to believe that had we won at Norwich and perhaps won at Spurs when we fully deserved to, we would have won a few more before Xmas, Hughes would have remained, and we'd have stayed up. I think while, yes, we had plenty of duffers, a lot of the poor form was down to a loss of confidence in not winning early when we deserved to. Ale Faurlin said as much on the podcast: team spirit comes with winning games (and vice versa of course).

Look, it's a mess, I'm not denying that. I spent most of that summer screaming 'STOP SIGNING PLAYERS' but at the same time I don't think it was fcking stupid. Things are always more complex than that.

+1

Cant argue about any of that.

And for once I cant agree with something Neil_SI said about writing off debts that they incurred under their stewardship - Of course they wont. I've said it before and I will say it again we were bought by investors looking to make a return not benefactors. Until such time as someone on here or some other fan becomes a multi-billionaire oligarch and then buys off of Uncle Tony's investment backers, then we will be run as a business - note I did not say run well as a business, just run as a business.

Perhaps TF has bitten off more than he can chew by thinking he can apply the same logic to the football world as to the airline business, but its not as though EVERYTHING he touches turns to poo.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Statement from bungle on 16:51 - Mar 7 with 995 viewsnadera78

Statement from bungle on 16:32 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Virgin Atlantic bought planes and landing slots that they could use for decades to come.

We bought 30 year old footballers with their best days behind them.
Statement from bungle on 17:16 - Mar 7 with 962 viewsA40Bosh

Statement from bungle on 16:51 - Mar 7 by nadera78

Virgin Atlantic bought planes and landing slots that they could use for decades to come.

Bad analogy mate - that took time

On 22 June 1984, Virgin Atlantic operated its inaugural scheduled service between Gatwick and Newark using a leased Boeing 747-200 (registration G-VIRG), christened Maiden Voyager,[8] formerly operated by Aerolíneas Argentinas. Part of Richard Branson's approach to business is to succeed within the first year or exit the market. This includes a one-year limit on everything associated with starting up.[10] Virgin Atlantic became profitable within the first 12 months, aided by sister company Virgin Records' ability to finance the lease of a secondhand Boeing 747. The firm timed operations to take advantage of a full summer, from June to September — the most profitable period of the year.

In 1986, the airline added another Boeing 747 and started a scheduled route from Gatwick to Miami. Additional aircraft were acquired and routes launched from Gatwick to New York JFK (1988), Tokyo (1989), Los Angeles (1990), Boston (1991), and Orlando (1992). In 1987, a service was launched between Luton and Dublin using Viscount turboprop aircraft, but this was withdrawn around 1990. In 1988, Club Air operated two Boeing 727 jet aircraft on behalf of Virgin. These served the Luton to Dublin route until about 1990.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Statement from bungle on 17:27 - Mar 7 with 943 viewsAntti_Heinola

Statement from bungle on 16:51 - Mar 7 by nadera78

I agree with that, but read my previous post about the reasoning behind it.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024