Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings 14:57 - Jun 4 with 4135 viewsstuabd

Apologies if already posted. I had a quick look but couldn't see a thread.

Some of the marks are quite generous (4 for Hughes!!!), but depressing reading all the same.

http://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/end-of-season-ratings/
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 12:02 - Jun 5 with 704 viewsNW5Hoop

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 19:46 - Jun 4 by baz_qpr

My problem with Dave over the last year or so is that he regularly states that the owners have done this or that and the transfer policy is down to them, etc no mention of Rigg or the infrastructure pror and afterwards and whenever Dave is asked to give some evidence about why he thinks this, none is ever provided, no source no alluding to a source, we just have to take Dave's word for it.

As for the ratings I think if hill had be called L'hill he would have had a 5/10 likewise how Mackie scores a 6 is beyond me and Townsend is given a 7 yet he only scored twice in 12 games and no assists. IMHO he gets an extra point because he is young with potential.

But that's the thing — as Clive points out, Dave is a reporter with good sources. However, he can't name his sources, because it would burn those inside the club. That's standard practice. So when he says the transfer policy came from the top, I'm inclined to believe him. Certainly more inclined than I am to believe the club's leadership saying they never wanted Bosingwa but were bullied into it.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 13:45 - Jun 5 with 647 viewsbaz_qpr

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 12:02 - Jun 5 by NW5Hoop

But that's the thing — as Clive points out, Dave is a reporter with good sources. However, he can't name his sources, because it would burn those inside the club. That's standard practice. So when he says the transfer policy came from the top, I'm inclined to believe him. Certainly more inclined than I am to believe the club's leadership saying they never wanted Bosingwa but were bullied into it.

it is not even alluded to that there are sources, if this was the case why has Warnock not said anything, he's hardly the type to keep quiet, likewise Hughes, or Rigg three men if Dave Mc is to be believed have lost their jobs due to have signings or a "recruitment policy forced upon them.

See that's the problem Michael when you start to scrape away at the surface of this assertion it does not seem to stand up and starts to sound a bit like one of Chubbs conspiracy theories.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 14:45 - Jun 5 with 609 viewsJamie

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 13:45 - Jun 5 by baz_qpr

it is not even alluded to that there are sources, if this was the case why has Warnock not said anything, he's hardly the type to keep quiet, likewise Hughes, or Rigg three men if Dave Mc is to be believed have lost their jobs due to have signings or a "recruitment policy forced upon them.

See that's the problem Michael when you start to scrape away at the surface of this assertion it does not seem to stand up and starts to sound a bit like one of Chubbs conspiracy theories.

Eh? Dave Mc has never said the board forced the signings. He's said quite rightly IMO that the signings have been the result of a lack of direction from the board, and he's certainly not the only journalist to say that.

The signing of free agent Bosingwa on £65k/week when we shouldnt be offering a third of that (and if he wouldn't take 20k he's not the type of player we need) shows how right he is. IMO.

All comes down to whether you believe TF & the board if offered Champions League winner Jose Bosingwa on £65k/week or hungry young upcoming Jack Hunt on £10k would've plumped for the latter.

All pointless discussion of course as what's done is done and more important that lessons are learned rather than scraping the carcass.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 14:54 - Jun 5 with 604 viewsBluce_Ree

Does this fella know there are more numbers than 4,5,6 and 7 I wonder?

I'd have a lot more 2s and 3s in there. Hughes wouldn't get a number. Just a word 'c*nt'.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:05 - Jun 5 with 587 viewsbaz_qpr

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 14:45 - Jun 5 by Jamie

Eh? Dave Mc has never said the board forced the signings. He's said quite rightly IMO that the signings have been the result of a lack of direction from the board, and he's certainly not the only journalist to say that.

The signing of free agent Bosingwa on £65k/week when we shouldnt be offering a third of that (and if he wouldn't take 20k he's not the type of player we need) shows how right he is. IMO.

All comes down to whether you believe TF & the board if offered Champions League winner Jose Bosingwa on £65k/week or hungry young upcoming Jack Hunt on £10k would've plumped for the latter.

All pointless discussion of course as what's done is done and more important that lessons are learned rather than scraping the carcass.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That is not what he has said he has made a point that it is the board directing the type of signings, not lack of direction.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024