Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... 10:08 - May 17 with 4521 viewsqprant

Do you reckon we could get him on the cheap??!!
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:09 - May 17 with 3283 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Yes, our treatment table definitely needs warming.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:10 - May 17 with 3277 viewsKevinPR

He'll be fully focused on horse racing now imo.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:10 - May 17 with 3276 viewsSuperhoops2808

Next seasons Kieron Dyer
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:16 - May 17 with 3240 viewsNorthernr

Well I suppose with Dyer and Hall leaving this summer we'll need somebody to occupy the physio's time.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:19 - May 17 with 3232 viewsqprant

Thats a no then...
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:20 - May 17 with 3216 viewsTheBlob

Makes a wicked cup of tea apparently.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:32 - May 17 with 3174 viewsSharpy

No thanks, same as alot of injury prone players just about made it to the subs bench come contract renewal time.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:33 - May 17 with 3172 viewsOakwoodR

He will end up at Villa or West Ham if they come up.
Login to get fewer ads

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:34 - May 17 with 3169 viewsVish

there is a reason he's being released.

no thanks.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:35 - May 17 with 3161 viewsdaveB

the last time he played a full season without injury was 2004/05 and even then he was a sub all season at Real Madrid
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:36 - May 17 with 3156 viewsTonto

as much as I like Owen, no thanks.

We already have 3 strikers aged 30+

we need to get younger at that position

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:36 - May 17 with 3156 viewsJamie

£20k per week basic + £100k per appearance for around 2 appearances a season. Not for me.

Got Southampton written all over it.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:36 - May 17 with 3156 viewsToast_R

I would on a pay as you play deal.

But that's just me, best goal scorer England ever had.

Reckon Everton will have a punt.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:38 - May 17 with 3150 viewsadhoc_qpr

Will be interesting to see what he does now, i wouldn't be shocked if he retired.

He was happy enough being on the books on a big club, playing the odd cup game and concentrating on his horses.

If he goes to a smaller club (and lets face it no big club will want him) they'll actually expect him to play regularly and he really doesn't seem to have the slightest bit of motivation to do that.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:39 - May 17 with 3144 viewsElHoop

I'm sure that you could put together a phantom team of the walking wounded, a team that would have absolutely no chance whatsoever of ever playing together.

Would include Owen, plus:

Hargreaves
Jenas
Dyer

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:53 - May 17 with 3094 viewsWegerle10

One of my favourite ever Premier League players and it's a shame his career has been ravaged by injury.

Would I have him at Loftus Road? On the right deal yes, natural born goalscorer who would be an asset to any team.

I also think it's not just injuries that have kept out the United team this season but the quality in front of him. Rooney's his best goalscoring season, Welbeck's emerged, Hernandez, Berbatov in front of him too.

Think he'll end-up at Everton or Villa maybe a shock move back to Anfield depending on who's in charge.

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:53 - May 17 with 3094 viewsJamie

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:38 - May 17 by adhoc_qpr

Will be interesting to see what he does now, i wouldn't be shocked if he retired.

He was happy enough being on the books on a big club, playing the odd cup game and concentrating on his horses.

If he goes to a smaller club (and lets face it no big club will want him) they'll actually expect him to play regularly and he really doesn't seem to have the slightest bit of motivation to do that.

He got his PL winners medal and was delighted to get it.

Been well established and documented now that a day in the life of Owen is turn up for training, read the Racing Post, visit the physio, go home and turn on attheraces.
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:56 - May 17 with 3076 viewsadhoc_qpr

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:39 - May 17 by ElHoop

I'm sure that you could put together a phantom team of the walking wounded, a team that would have absolutely no chance whatsoever of ever playing together.

Would include Owen, plus:

Hargreaves
Jenas
Dyer

You could actually turn that into a phantom England team of the walking wounded (who are still earning a living from football) pretty easily:

Kirkland

Wes Brown
Ledley King
Rio (if you listen to Fergie)
Wayne Bridge (might not be injured but is invisible)

Hargreaves
Jenas
Dyer
Huddlestone

Owen
Frazier Campbell
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 11:00 - May 17 with 3054 viewsElHoop

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 10:56 - May 17 by adhoc_qpr

You could actually turn that into a phantom England team of the walking wounded (who are still earning a living from football) pretty easily:

Kirkland

Wes Brown
Ledley King
Rio (if you listen to Fergie)
Wayne Bridge (might not be injured but is invisible)

Hargreaves
Jenas
Dyer
Huddlestone

Owen
Frazier Campbell

Surely Woodgate is more invisible than Rio?

Where the hell is he now?
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 12:40 - May 17 with 2954 viewsSuperhoops2808

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 11:00 - May 17 by ElHoop

Surely Woodgate is more invisible than Rio?

Where the hell is he now?

Played against us for Stoke, only the other weekend
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 12:45 - May 17 with 2929 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Last year I'd have bitten your arm off for Owen, gristle and all.

I'd like to think we are building for the future though so no thanks. On saying that though he would score a few.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 12:45 - May 17 with 2928 viewsQPunkR

Why do people keep bringing up Michael bloody Owen every summer now. It ain't 1998 any more you know!!

QPR - "shit but local"

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 12:53 - May 17 with 2901 viewskingsburyR

Sky Bet ‏@SkyBet
Where next for Michael Owen? Brighton 4/1 fav, Leicester 8/1, Southampton 8/1, Everton 10/1, Villa 12/1, QPR 12/1

Do me a favour.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 12:57 - May 17 with 2897 viewsadhoc_qpr

SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 12:53 - May 17 by kingsburyR

Sky Bet ‏@SkyBet
Where next for Michael Owen? Brighton 4/1 fav, Leicester 8/1, Southampton 8/1, Everton 10/1, Villa 12/1, QPR 12/1

Do me a favour.

I think Owen would take one look at that list and retire on the spot!

I suppose he might fancy sitting on Everton's bench, but certainly none of the other 5...
SSN - No new contract for Michael Owen at manu... on 12:58 - May 17 with 1326 viewshoops_legend

No No No.....

btw on the subject does anyone think Kieron Dyer will get a run in games again (anywhere?)

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024