Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International breaks 18:09 - Oct 13 with 2324 viewsliamW

We’ve another one in November, although the Nations League is in place of friendlies, I was speaking to a few Welsh journalists this afternoon and they believe the last two have been very uplifting for Welsh football. My dad is Welsh, and he is very much a club man, me I’ve no interest in England personally, and find it embarrassing the way the media deals with them.

What’s your view on international breaks ?

I’m still waiting for an away trip on the Indy 😂
International breaks on 18:21 - Oct 13 with 1743 viewsDr_Winston

The only International games should be qualifiers for Tournaments like the World Cup and the Euros, and obviously the finals themselves. Friendlies and other pointless fixtures should be ended.

This Nations League crap is a perfect example of Governing bodies squeezing more and more games into the calendar to make money at the expense of the players wellbeing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

International breaks on 18:27 - Oct 13 with 1717 viewsKeithHaynes

International breaks on 18:21 - Oct 13 by Dr_Winston

The only International games should be qualifiers for Tournaments like the World Cup and the Euros, and obviously the finals themselves. Friendlies and other pointless fixtures should be ended.

This Nations League crap is a perfect example of Governing bodies squeezing more and more games into the calendar to make money at the expense of the players wellbeing.

Personally I agree, but there could be a feel good factor coming out of these nations league fixtures. And more injuries !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

International breaks on 18:31 - Oct 13 with 1699 viewsbuilthjack

It’s great. Competitive football rather than the friendlies with countess substitutions where the result means nothing. It’s been a good move.
There are no more International games now than at any time over the last 20 years.
Welsh fans again having huge praise when abroad. The Icelanders praising the fans, as have all others. A credit to their country the Iceland police said.
Anyone who is Welsh would understand. Others don’t.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

International breaks on 18:33 - Oct 13 with 1693 viewsbuilthjack

Nations league fixtures have replaced friendlies. There are no more fixtures than at any time over the years. Not sure where you get the information from.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

International breaks on 18:35 - Oct 13 with 1690 viewsKeithHaynes

International breaks on 18:31 - Oct 13 by builthjack

It’s great. Competitive football rather than the friendlies with countess substitutions where the result means nothing. It’s been a good move.
There are no more International games now than at any time over the last 20 years.
Welsh fans again having huge praise when abroad. The Icelanders praising the fans, as have all others. A credit to their country the Iceland police said.
Anyone who is Welsh would understand. Others don’t.

International fixtures are inevitable. We covered Bellamy’s press thing this afternoon, it was a laugh for sure. Anyone who hasn’t seen it -

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63135/focus-on-wales-pre

International breaks on 18:36 - Oct 13 with 1680 viewsjack247

Someone on here previously suggested a slightly shorter league season without breaks, then an international window at the end of the season. I’d be in favour of this.

With the squad as light as it is at the moment, the breaks should actually be helping us, as most of our players don’t play for their countries. Hasn’t worked out like that of course with Eoms injury.
International breaks on 19:29 - Oct 13 with 1627 viewsraynor94

Your second paragraph is spot on, we will have had 3 International breaks by just into November, hard to get momentum going with these breaks, not to mention injuries

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

International breaks on 00:39 - Oct 14 with 1444 viewsKeithHaynes

International breaks on 19:29 - Oct 13 by raynor94

Your second paragraph is spot on, we will have had 3 International breaks by just into November, hard to get momentum going with these breaks, not to mention injuries

Better chance of World Cup qualification is surely a bonus.

Login to get fewer ads

International breaks on 07:49 - Oct 14 with 1376 viewsFireboy2

International breaks on 00:39 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

Better chance of World Cup qualification is surely a bonus.

This ^ some people have no idea keef 😒
International breaks on 08:44 - Oct 14 with 1339 viewsonehunglow

International breaks on 07:49 - Oct 14 by Fireboy2

This ^ some people have no idea keef 😒

Who are these people exactly

The only true knowledge is that we know nothing

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

International breaks on 09:07 - Oct 14 with 1337 viewsYrAlarch

Travelling abroad to watch our National team is a great experiance and it makes you proud to be praised by the hosts. I do not understand the small minded Club before Country attitude expressed on here. The two don't need to be mutually exclusive.
International breaks on 09:13 - Oct 14 with 1329 viewsFireboy2

International breaks on 09:07 - Oct 14 by YrAlarch

Travelling abroad to watch our National team is a great experiance and it makes you proud to be praised by the hosts. I do not understand the small minded Club before Country attitude expressed on here. The two don't need to be mutually exclusive.

👏👏👏
International breaks on 09:14 - Oct 14 with 1323 viewsonehunglow

International breaks on 09:07 - Oct 14 by YrAlarch

Morning.
Hey.,no offence is meant by heretics like myself
It’s purely a deeper affiliation of club than country
I spent my first 26 years in Swansea and it made me the man I am. Many years later,the emotional pull is stronger than that of Wales . Many Swansea folk have not been to north Wales
I don’t need the love of anyone including foreigners for anything at all.

International breaks on 08:46 - Oct 15 with 1014 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Really enjoy them and it puts Wales on the world map. Our supporters are a credit to this country, and after the last international break Cooper and Cullen came back different players, better and much more confident.
International breaks on 10:26 - Oct 15 with 975 viewsFireboy2

International breaks on 08:46 - Oct 15 by blaenaugwentjack

Really enjoy them and it puts Wales on the world map. Our supporters are a credit to this country, and after the last international break Cooper and Cullen came back different players, better and much more confident.

Totally agree, its great all round, for the supporters and our players.

It's a good excuse to get away with some great people, meet some great people from the country we go to and that's the reason we get so many good reviews.
International breaks on 19:26 - Oct 15 with 838 viewsbuilthjack

International breaks on 10:26 - Oct 15 by Fireboy2

Totally agree, its great all round, for the supporters and our players.

It's a good excuse to get away with some great people, meet some great people from the country we go to and that's the reason we get so many good reviews.

Some wouldn’t understand.

International breaks on 20:32 - Oct 15 with 787 viewsonehunglow

International breaks on 19:26 - Oct 15 by builthjack

Some wouldn’t understand.

Most understand perfectly
Don’t underestimate people.
Many prefer spending time and money on holidays with wives and kids

International breaks on 21:19 - Oct 15 with 763 viewsbuilthjack

International breaks on 08:46 - Oct 15 by blaenaugwentjack

4 Swans players on the pitch for Wales. Fantastic.

International breaks on 22:11 - Oct 15 with 686 viewsmajorraglan

I prefer the Nations League to the friendlies that used to exist before it. Now we have meaningful games and if we do well we can end up playing some of the bigger more established international teams who previously wouldn’t have considered playing against us. In the last NL tournament, we had Poland, Belgium and the Netherlands at the CCS and there were some really good players on show. Pre nations league, the big clubs would just play each other in friendlies.

It’s not just the fans who enjoy it, players like Cabango got to play and test themselves against some of Europe’s best players - can’t fault it.
International breaks on 22:50 - Oct 15 with 661 viewsbuilthjack

International breaks on 20:32 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

Most understand perfectly
Don’t underestimate people.
Many prefer spending time and money on holidays with wives and kids

My wife has plenty of time away with me thank you.

International breaks on 23:00 - Oct 15 with 641 viewsFireboy2

International breaks on 22:11 - Oct 15 by majorraglan

I prefer the Nations League to the friendlies that used to exist before it. Now we have meaningful games and if we do well we can end up playing some of the bigger more established international teams who previously wouldn’t have considered playing against us. In the last NL tournament, we had Poland, Belgium and the Netherlands at the CCS and there were some really good players on show. Pre nations league, the big clubs would just play each other in friendlies.

It’s not just the fans who enjoy it, players like Cabango got to play and test themselves against some of Europe’s best players - can’t fault it.

And some just don't understand this concept major 🙄
International breaks on 23:03 - Oct 15 with 639 viewsFireboy2

International breaks on 22:50 - Oct 15 by builthjack

And mine, in fact we go away as a family at least 3 times a year, i love that time away, she knows that I love going to watch the swans and especially wales as it makes me happy 😊 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
International breaks on 23:16 - Oct 15 with 626 viewsonehunglow

International breaks on 22:50 - Oct 15 by builthjack

No need to thank me
You must have lots of annual leave
Many do not

International breaks on 23:54 - Oct 15 with 609 viewsmajorraglan

International breaks on 23:03 - Oct 15 by Fireboy2

And mine, in fact we go away as a family at least 3 times a year, i love that time away, she knows that I love going to watch the swans and especially wales as it makes me happy 😊 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I’m desperate to get a few away games in, but the ticket situation is a mare. You can’t get tickets unless you’ve got points (which is fair enough) but you can’t get points because you can’t get a ticket. There’s been a fair bit of harvesting going on and people are buying tickets with no intention of travelling just so they can keep racking up the points.

It’s really good when the FAW insist that people turn up at a designated collection point to collect their tickets in person, that puts people off harvesting if they think they’ll get caught out. Love it.
International breaks on 01:51 - Oct 16 with 588 viewsRobbie

These was a time The Home Internationals were the go to Football games to follow .
George Best at The Vetch Field is still folklore for many , everyone was there that night .

Apart from ex Swans players in the Red Shirt , struggiing to put names to faces sadly .

I will be in the thinking of Club before Country , Fergie and Giggs got made sure of that .

Will keep an eye on how Wales perform though .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024