Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COVID 12:03 - Jul 24 with 6895 viewsRebalhoop

Anyone had it recently/got it.
I’ve had it since Saturday, and it has really kicked my R,s, I still feel really crappy.
I thought it was just going to be a bit of a head cold,oh no…it’s given me an ear infection,l wheeze after a couple of minutes walking,no appetite,really dizzy all the time…
How has it affected you guys and girls.
COVID on 12:06 - Jul 24 with 5370 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve had it 2 or 3 times,but only ever had mild symptoms really.My in-laws suffered quite badly in 2020 when they caught it,but I’ve not heard of anyone suffering much these days.
Maybe I’m just lucky.
[Post edited 24 Jul 13:39]
COVID on 12:22 - Jul 24 with 5260 viewsconnell10

COVID on 12:06 - Jul 24 by stowmarketrange

I’ve had it 2 or 3 times,but only ever had mild symptoms really.My in-laws suffered quite badly in 2020 when they caught it,but I’ve not heard of anyone suffering much these days.
Maybe I’m just lucky.
[Post edited 24 Jul 13:39]

I had the original back in 2019 then stroke so it kinda kick my arse ..I'm back to normal now ...kinda

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

COVID on 12:27 - Jul 24 with 5215 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

81 year old Joe Biden recently contracted Covid and has been given the all clear soon after by his doctor in a written statement, although he hasn't been seen much in public since the news that he had it. Hopefully that means it's no longer a big threat to the elderly.
[Post edited 24 Jul 12:28]
COVID on 14:20 - Jul 24 with 4990 viewsSonofpugwash

COVID on 12:27 - Jul 24 by Orthodox_Hoop

81 year old Joe Biden recently contracted Covid and has been given the all clear soon after by his doctor in a written statement, although he hasn't been seen much in public since the news that he had it. Hopefully that means it's no longer a big threat to the elderly.
[Post edited 24 Jul 12:28]

Which Joe Biden was that?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

COVID on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 4936 viewsmart_Goblin

Tested negative for it 10 days ago but the likelihood is that I had it as the tests are old and no good with new strains etc . Lost all taste and sense of smell a week ago and only returning now .
Brutal cold with the worst aches and pains sore throat etc .
Apologies to the original poster if he was in MU Saturday . Chances are I gave you it 🤣
COVID on 14:35 - Jul 24 with 4878 viewsDesertBoot

It’s a flu strain you’ll be fine.

Wish I could be like David Watts

COVID on 14:36 - Jul 24 with 4871 viewsvanrrrr

Just over it after a crappy two and a half weeks- chronic cough and head cold and then terrible itchy, red and watering eyes for a week.

Feel better.
[Post edited 24 Jul 15:35]
COVID on 14:48 - Jul 24 with 4766 viewsSonofpugwash

Last couple of months I've completely lost my sense of taste.
Some say I never had much taste anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

COVID on 15:05 - Jul 24 with 4703 viewsbosh67

Apparently the strain out there at the moment is a bit more ferocious.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

COVID on 15:33 - Jul 24 with 4193 viewsMrSheen

My sister-in-Law and her daughter have had it in the last fortnight. It seems quite bad (my SiL lost her taste and smell for a while) but not as contagious -ie I didn’t get it (yet).
COVID on 15:45 - Jul 24 with 3971 viewsnumptydumpty

It's been very visible round here.

75% of my colleagues have tested positive in last few weeks and I felt extremely tired, headache, sore throat issues etc.But when was feeling slightly better, the tests said I had it.

We had lot of staff off work who isolated as we are a vulnerable adult charity.

As others have said its flu under a different name.

If it was dangerous why is no one receiving a vaccination anymore. But that's a whole other debate.

Let's not go there !!!

Hey ho....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

COVID on 15:46 - Jul 24 with 3927 viewskensalriser

Had it once, badly, a couple of years ago, but somehow escaped when Mrs KR got it last year. Possibly because I'd had a more recent vaccination.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

COVID on 16:51 - Jul 24 with 3037 viewstkqpr

COVID on 15:45 - Jul 24 by numptydumpty

75% of my colleagues have tested positive in last few weeks and I felt extremely tired, headache, sore throat issues etc.But when was feeling slightly better, the tests said I had it.

If it was dangerous why is no one receiving a vaccination anymore. But that's a whole other debate.

Let's not go there !!!

Hey ho....

It's not a whole other debate, but still people can't put 2 and 2 together.

I best leave it there....next to that great big elephant 🐘
COVID on 17:00 - Jul 24 with 2786 viewsJuzzie

Covid will be/is now just another lurgy. We get the 'flu, think nothing of it. Suffer it through for a few days and crack on.
COVID on 19:04 - Jul 24 with 2366 viewsstinkydad

Tempting fate I know, but I've never had it, or even taken a test.

Consequence of being a miserable, unsociable hermit.
COVID on 19:04 - Jul 24 with 2356 viewsSonofpugwash

Hope the taste comes back soon - just doing another batch of Tandoori Chicken Tikka on the charcoal Tandoor.Smells good anyway.

COVID on 19:06 - Jul 24 with 2354 viewsstinkydad

Tempting fate I know, but I've never had it or even taken a test.

Consequence of being a miserable, unsociable hermit.
COVID on 19:28 - Jul 24 with 2283 viewsBucksRanger

Caught it before they'd even named it. A miserable 45 days of constant coughing (31/12/19 to 14/02/20). Was advised by a medical lady to take plenty of vitamin D as viruses do not cope well with vitamin D (except the sexually transmitted ones). Been on vitamin D since 2020 and all clear so far.
COVID on 19:32 - Jul 24 with 2264 viewsDesertBoot

You can’t have what doesn’t exist. A strain of flu nothing more.

Wish I could be like David Watts

COVID on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 2229 viewsLazyFan

COVID on 17:00 - Jul 24 by Juzzie

Covid will be/is now just another lurgy. We get the 'flu, think nothing of it. Suffer it through for a few days and crack on.

That maybe what it looks like, but COVID can harm internal organs for the long term. The usual Flu strains may or may not do this too, but COVID seems to be more aggressive to internal organs than those.

Therefore COVID is still a big harm to life expectancy, more than the Flu.

So, no its not the same.

zzzzzzzzzz

COVID on 20:01 - Jul 24 with 2186 viewsBucksRanger

COVID on 19:32 - Jul 24 by DesertBoot

You can’t have what doesn’t exist. A strain of flu nothing more.

I've had flu twice, once as a young teen and a second time at the end of 1999 when everyone on the planet was partying. My experience is flu is much worse than Covid and lasts about the same amount of time (45 days).
COVID on 20:12 - Jul 24 with 2146 viewskensalriser

COVID on 15:45 - Jul 24 by numptydumpty

Let's not go there !!!

Hey ho....

It's not flu, it's caused by a different virus. That's an actual scientific fact.

NHS seasonal vaccinations to groups considered to be at higher risk are still a thing.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

COVID on 22:42 - Jul 24 with 1880 viewsLblock

COVID on 17:00 - Jul 24 by Juzzie

If you are suffering through flu for a few days and back fit that soon then I’d suggest you don’t have flu rather you have a common cold

Flu and COVID are far more serious viruses

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

COVID on 23:12 - Jul 24 with 1836 viewsconnell10

COVID on 20:12 - Jul 24 by kensalriser

It's not flu, it's caused by a different virus. That's an actual scientific fact.

NHS seasonal vaccinations to groups considered to be at higher risk are still a thing.

Yep I'm considered vulnerable and got a covid last November and me flu jab.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

COVID on 00:03 - Jul 25 with 1763 viewsSydneyRs

Had it twice. First time felt terrible for maybe 5 days and no energy for a week after that.

Second time (last November) the recovery was quicker. Felt really bad for 3 days or so but then picked up quite quickly.

In contrast, haven't had flu since I was a kid.
[Post edited 25 Jul 0:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024