Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? 21:55 - Jul 16 with 5325 viewsSwans9

I will go for Mark Harris. We shall see. Who does everybody else think?
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:09 - Jul 16 with 2792 viewsmax936

No idea, but we surely have to have our sights higher than the likes of Harris

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 00:51 - Jul 17 with 2648 viewsraynor94

I wouldn't call Harris a center forward, and he's no better than Cullen anyway

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 05:07 - Jul 17 with 2599 viewsWhiterockin

What I think and hope for are miles apart.

I think we will take a chance on a cheap forward and hope he comes good. Possibly a late player on loan.

I hope Mykola gets a chance and is decent, plus we get a strong experienced forward who can hold the ball up bring others into play and score with his head. They don't come cheap.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 07:28 - Jul 17 with 2530 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:09 - Jul 16 by max936

No idea, but we surely have to have our sights higher than the likes of Harris

This^

I do hope though, we are looking for better than Harris. I don't think he's that good. I wasn't even that keen on the idea of Langstaff who at 28 was into his peak years and still only league 2. We want someone on their way up, not somebody who may well have peaked 2 divisins below us or, we want someone on their ay down who has been higher up, a player whose experience could help our young players.

That's my tenpennethworth.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 09:49 - Jul 17 with 2417 viewsRichardO

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 05:07 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

What I think and hope for are miles apart.

I think we will take a chance on a cheap forward and hope he comes good. Possibly a late player on loan.

I hope Mykola gets a chance and is decent, plus we get a strong experienced forward who can hold the ball up bring others into play and score with his head. They don't come cheap.

I hope Kuharevich gets a chance for a run of games from what I've seen he has taken control of the ball with his back to goal and ended up play balls out to both wings using both feet, against Swindon out to the left and during one of his 10min game time a nice ball out to the right. Classic centre forward play and he has scored goals.
He has to be given a run of games for me, if there are other issues then they have to be dealt with but surely now with a new season he must be given a chance.

I have seen enough long balls out from the keeper to smaller players on the touch line all with the view of gaining a throw in higher up the park which is instead of quickly taken to catch defenders out of position but inevitably are thrown backwards and ending with the goal keeper, all for sake keeping possession in a none threatening part of the pitch, sorry an area which is threatening to us as we give the ball away!

Happy to keep possession but with the aim of getting the ball into the box as many times as we can high balls to be challenged for, low balls,in behind defenders balls into feet, balls in behind defenders with running going beyond the forwards or deflected ball from shots outside the area.

Really don't want to over commit players as we have in the recent pasted with the slow amble up the park without enough pace to stop counter attacks.

All about players who give you different options, from what I've seen Kuharevich gives us options which weren't used last year.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 09:56 - Jul 17 with 2395 viewsonehunglow

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 09:49 - Jul 17 by RichardO

I hope Kuharevich gets a chance for a run of games from what I've seen he has taken control of the ball with his back to goal and ended up play balls out to both wings using both feet, against Swindon out to the left and during one of his 10min game time a nice ball out to the right. Classic centre forward play and he has scored goals.
He has to be given a run of games for me, if there are other issues then they have to be dealt with but surely now with a new season he must be given a chance.

I have seen enough long balls out from the keeper to smaller players on the touch line all with the view of gaining a throw in higher up the park which is instead of quickly taken to catch defenders out of position but inevitably are thrown backwards and ending with the goal keeper, all for sake keeping possession in a none threatening part of the pitch, sorry an area which is threatening to us as we give the ball away!

Happy to keep possession but with the aim of getting the ball into the box as many times as we can high balls to be challenged for, low balls,in behind defenders balls into feet, balls in behind defenders with running going beyond the forwards or deflected ball from shots outside the area.

Really don't want to over commit players as we have in the recent pasted with the slow amble up the park without enough pace to stop counter attacks.

All about players who give you different options, from what I've seen Kuharevich gives us options which weren't used last year.

He should have had. Han se last season.
He looks a handful for defenders and gives us a physical presence

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:29 - Jul 17 with 2359 viewsSwans9

We have been linked with Harris a few times. He runs in behind defenders which seems to fit Williams style of play in attack. I two my wishes for players and the reality are miles apart.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:49 - Jul 17 with 2336 viewsJack11

Aaron Collins has got a better record than Harris, would prefer him over Harris.
Login to get fewer ads

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:57 - Jul 17 with 2312 viewsvetchonian

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:29 - Jul 17 by Swans9

We have been linked with Harris a few times. He runs in behind defenders which seems to fit Williams style of play in attack. I two my wishes for players and the reality are miles apart.

It's only because he is from Swansea he gets mentioned....he has never set the world alight scoring an average 0.17 goals per game.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 11:43 - Jul 17 with 2242 viewsFatJack

It will end up being someone very very cheap and probably someone with an attitude problem, don't know what it is but the last couple of years we seem to sign some players with a huge chip on their shoulders,
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 12:05 - Jul 17 with 2201 viewsRichardO

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:29 - Jul 17 by Swans9

What is the point of a centre forward who only asset is he can run in behind defenders especially if the midfield is to slow to support him, it was the case with Jamal Lowe when he was first here, yes he did score goals but his touch was poor and he would be stranded up top, fastforward to his recent stint, he ran on beyond the defence, held up the play for support to come in the form of Key who scored a cracking goal.One must note that it was Key doing the supporting and not any of our midfielders who you would expect as part of their game to get beyond the centre forward holding the ball up, maybe a bit harsh on the midfielders given Key pace.
We will see if Harris signs he may become my favourite player maybe like Yates?
If he can score goals and cause enough problems for defenders that we get others scoring fine.
Just wonder what Williams is looking for?
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 17:29 - Jul 17 with 2001 viewsReslovenSwan1

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 12:05 - Jul 17 by RichardO

What is the point of a centre forward who only asset is he can run in behind defenders especially if the midfield is to slow to support him, it was the case with Jamal Lowe when he was first here, yes he did score goals but his touch was poor and he would be stranded up top, fastforward to his recent stint, he ran on beyond the defence, held up the play for support to come in the form of Key who scored a cracking goal.One must note that it was Key doing the supporting and not any of our midfielders who you would expect as part of their game to get beyond the centre forward holding the ball up, maybe a bit harsh on the midfielders given Key pace.
We will see if Harris signs he may become my favourite player maybe like Yates?
If he can score goals and cause enough problems for defenders that we get others scoring fine.
Just wonder what Williams is looking for?

Bristol city are doing some good business.

I like his fellow only 21 and really strong.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-transfer

Wise sage since Toshack era

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 17:34 - Jul 17 with 1991 viewsraynor94

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 17:29 - Jul 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Bristol city are doing some good business.

I like his fellow only 21 and really strong.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-transfer

3 goals in 61 appearances admittedly 39 as sub, doesn't really get the pulses racing

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 17:43 - Jul 17 with 1973 viewsDr_Winston

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 17:34 - Jul 17 by raynor94

3 goals in 61 appearances admittedly 39 as sub, doesn't really get the pulses racing

There is far, far better value to be found abroad than in the British market and that's been the case for years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 18:33 - Jul 17 with 1892 viewsraynor94

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 17:43 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

There is far, far better value to be found abroad than in the British market and that's been the case for years.

Totally agree

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 20:00 - Jul 17 with 1797 viewssons_of_omri

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 17:34 - Jul 17 by raynor94

Yates was far more prolific than that!
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 20:04 - Jul 17 with 1784 viewssons_of_omri

The key reason why few proper strikers have scored prolifically for us is the snails pace we attack and that’s mostly down to one or two in midfield. With the new ball winning skilful Portuguese lad I’m sure our tempo will be much quicker giving the edge to our wingers to pepper the box with decent crosses for Kukreyavich to bury or Cullen to snap up some scraps.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 21:14 - Jul 17 with 1716 viewsRichardO

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 20:04 - Jul 17 by sons_of_omri

The key reason why few proper strikers have scored prolifically for us is the snails pace we attack and that’s mostly down to one or two in midfield. With the new ball winning skilful Portuguese lad I’m sure our tempo will be much quicker giving the edge to our wingers to pepper the box with decent crosses for Kukreyavich to bury or Cullen to snap up some scraps.

Surely you mean midfielders in the defence, let's hope the new signing can influence the game and players around him similar to the way a fully fit Allen has done at times.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:11 - Jul 17 with 1622 viewsmagicdaps10

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 20:04 - Jul 17 by sons_of_omri

Piroe was porific in 2 seasons with us and we were the 6th highest scorers in his first season with us.....Grimes and Fulton were regulars in that season.

Our issue in the last 3 seasons has been our defence and keeping clean sheets. I was hopeful that Duff would sort that out atleast but he struggled and now we have lost 2 centre halves in Humphreys and Wood....i would be hopeful we could get a centre half or 2 in that will help with our issue defensively.

As for a striker, I hope the club have something up their sleeve but I believe Oli McBurnie would be a solid choice if there is a possibility in getting him on board.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:14 - Jul 17 with 1610 viewsonehunglow

So ,let’s be positive
Who’s signing this week

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:22 - Jul 17 with 1604 viewsmagicdaps10

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:14 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

So ,let’s be positive
Who’s signing this week

Hard to give names but a Goalkeeper or Centre forward of good quality would be a welcome for sure.

Amazing how quiet the club has kept their business coupled with the 2 arrivals can only be seen as a good thing.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:29 - Jul 17 with 1587 viewsonehunglow

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 22:22 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Hard to give names but a Goalkeeper or Centre forward of good quality would be a welcome for sure.

Amazing how quiet the club has kept their business coupled with the 2 arrivals can only be seen as a good thing.

Let’s be frank.
These are positions that will define the season ,any season.
The midfielders might turn out to be good acquisitions but if we have no keeper with quality nor a striker willing to get stuck in then any team will struggle

I read two might be coming in this week.
I might have read the same lasts week

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:28 - Jul 18 with 1442 viewsvetchonian

Totally agree...hopefully any issues there were with him are now sorted and LW has seen what he can offer.
That said I think we could do with another option to him and Cullen

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:35 - Jul 18 with 1430 viewsonehunglow

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:28 - Jul 18 by vetchonian

Totally agree...hopefully any issues there were with him are now sorted and LW has seen what he can offer.

Encouraging especially when one reflects on just what Yates provided us with.

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 09:18 - Jul 18 with 1391 viewsRichardO

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:28 - Jul 18 by vetchonian

We definitely need more alternatives upfront but with Ginnelly, Eom, Parker and Govea could Ronald play a role in the middle.

For me we could do with a number of new player introduced down the spine of the team, GK, CB, Midfielder and Centre forward, could any those positions can be sourced by the u21s and u18s.

When you look at 20 year old Jordan James's preformances for Wales you have to consider what youth can bring to a team , ok you may have to look at his preformances for Birmingham and do we have enough quality in the team to support younger players' introduction when you consider we will have to get our new signing and returning injured player integrated as well?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024