Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Reform win a single seat? 22:42 - Jul 2 with 6217 viewsbuilthjack

I don’t think they will.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Will Reform win a single seat? on 07:57 - Jul 5 with 995 viewsScotia

Will Reform win a single seat? on 07:28 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

Fair dos early start on the ‘ can’t repair the damage done in this term’

It's only stating the obvious, I'm relatively politically neutral but the last 14 years have given us the worst government and two of the worst prime minsiters in history. They managed to keep being untrustworthy, corrupt and imcompetent up to the very last moment. That's one hell of a record.

I'd go as far as saying "or the term afterwards" too. It'll take a generation.
Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:05 - Jul 5 with 910 viewsBoundy

4 seats then ,its a start .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:16 - Jul 5 with 899 viewsWhiterockin

Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:05 - Jul 5 by Boundy

4 seats then ,its a start .

I voted for Reform. I know they had no chance in Swansea West, but I thought what is the point of continually complaining about the state of the main parties and doing nothing. Possibly futile this time around but hopefully those with an ounce of sense will see that things need to change due the massive vote loss for both major parties.
Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:21 - Jul 5 with 881 viewsScotia

Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:16 - Jul 5 by Whiterockin

I voted for Reform. I know they had no chance in Swansea West, but I thought what is the point of continually complaining about the state of the main parties and doing nothing. Possibly futile this time around but hopefully those with an ounce of sense will see that things need to change due the massive vote loss for both major parties.

Not as futile as not voting at all.

A turnout of less than 60% is terrible. The 40% should be ashamed.
Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:29 - Jul 5 with 866 viewsDr_Winston

Plaid for me.

I agree with almost nothing they or their candidate believe in, but I've met him a couple of times in his day job and he seemed like a genuine bloke who knew full well that he wasn't going to win.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:48 - Jul 5 with 837 viewsonehunglow

I don’t reveal my voting mainly as it’s a private free election.
That said, I didn’t vote conservative and no Plaid on Wirral.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:51 - Jul 5 with 833 viewsBoundy

I also voted Reform , Dai Richards Swansea East , a decent man with a great sporting background , my reasoning the same really , a protest vote against the standing MP Carolyn Harris , who historically has done very little for the area , you have more chance of getting things done after speaking to my local councillor . The next election in 2 years should ( but I wouldn't hold my breath) is the ideal opportunity to give those in the cardiff bubble a good shoeing.
It is worrying that politics is now seen as irritant rather than an important part of our social cohesion .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Will Reform win a single seat? on 11:26 - Jul 5 with 794 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Reform win a single seat? on 09:51 - Jul 5 by Boundy

I also voted Reform , Dai Richards Swansea East , a decent man with a great sporting background , my reasoning the same really , a protest vote against the standing MP Carolyn Harris , who historically has done very little for the area , you have more chance of getting things done after speaking to my local councillor . The next election in 2 years should ( but I wouldn't hold my breath) is the ideal opportunity to give those in the cardiff bubble a good shoeing.
It is worrying that politics is now seen as irritant rather than an important part of our social cohesion .

If that's the Dai Richards who was a tri athlete, I agree, he is a nice guy and I knew him well, but Reform , ffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Will Reform win a single seat? on 21:14 - Jul 5 with 704 viewsSullutaCreturned

Will Reform win a single seat? on 07:28 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

Fair dos early start on the ‘ can’t repair the damage done in this term’

To be fair, nbody can repair the damage done in just 5 years. I've already said I think they'll need 3 terms and if things do improve I think they'll get the chance. That's how much damage the tories have done. There is nbody I can think of in the tories ranks that sounds like a good choice for leader. They are ALL highly distatsteful.

I used to think Kemi Badenoch was ok but she's living in LaLa land over this result.

Anyway, I was right, Reform got 5 seats and it was a low turnout.

I intended to vote but got home, walked the dog, had tea then went to sleep on the sofa. I wouldn't have changed anything.
Will Reform win a single seat? on 21:33 - Jul 5 with 683 viewsraynor94

4.7 millon votes, lucky there wasn't PR

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Will Reform win a single seat? on 21:38 - Jul 5 with 665 viewspencoedjack

Will Reform win a single seat? on 21:33 - Jul 5 by raynor94

On par with the Lib Dems who got 60 seats
Will Reform win a single seat? on 14:26 - Jul 6 with 602 viewsGwyn737

Before anyone says it, no I don’t think this represents everyone who voted Reform but it did make me laugh 🤣

Will Reform win a single seat? on 14:34 - Jul 6 with 600 viewsWhiterockin

Will Reform win a single seat? on 14:26 - Jul 6 by Gwyn737

Before anyone says it, no I don’t think this represents everyone who voted Reform but it did make me laugh 🤣

Over 4.000.000 people in the UK with measles, now that is an epidemic.
Will Reform win a single seat? on 15:18 - Jul 6 with 582 viewsWingstandwood

Will Reform win a single seat? on 14:34 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Over 4.000.000 people in the UK with measles, now that is an epidemic.

This Reform M.P is donating is entire Westminster salary to charity! Measles?

*EDIT* That guy who won Reform U.K's seat after a recount? He did not even have an electoral agent, had minimal finacial backing and became a one person army who went out and to meet his future constituents. His hard work and determination pulled off an utterly expected result.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqe6yr9jenqo
[Post edited 6 Jul 15:24]

Argus!

Will Reform win a single seat? on 15:29 - Jul 6 with 563 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Reform win a single seat? on 21:33 - Jul 5 by raynor94

We have never had PR. PR, is also what allowed the NAZIs to get a huge representation in the Reichstag and ultimately total power
Will Reform win a single seat? on 16:05 - Jul 6 with 501 viewsWhiterockin

Will Reform win a single seat? on 15:18 - Jul 6 by Wingstandwood

This Reform M.P is donating is entire Westminster salary to charity! Measles?

*EDIT* That guy who won Reform U.K's seat after a recount? He did not even have an electoral agent, had minimal finacial backing and became a one person army who went out and to meet his future constituents. His hard work and determination pulled off an utterly expected result.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqe6yr9jenqo
[Post edited 6 Jul 15:24]

Farage believes that Reform will do well in the Senedd elections.

https://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/national/24435381.labour-government-troub
Will Reform win a single seat? on 16:17 - Jul 6 with 481 viewsWingstandwood

Will Reform win a single seat? on 16:05 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Farage believes that Reform will do well in the Senedd elections.

https://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/national/24435381.labour-government-troub

Thanks for that link! I never realised the party would be standing in Senedd election(s).

QUOTE "Mr Farage said Reform is “going to do very, very well” in the Senedd election and based on how it performed in Scotland during the General Election, the party would “very much be in the territory of winning seats in the Scottish Parliament too”. END OF QUOTE

Argus!

Will Reform win a single seat? on 17:20 - Jul 6 with 451 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Will Reform win a single seat? on 15:29 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

We have never had PR. PR, is also what allowed the NAZIs to get a huge representation in the Reichstag and ultimately total power

A common misconception. Under PR the Nazis never won a majority and could not govern alone. They had to go into coalition. The 1933 election was seen as a setback, they were expecting a majority. With 45% of the vote they more than likely would have got one under fptp.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Will Reform win a single seat? on 22:14 - Jul 6 with 392 viewsWhiterockin

Will Reform win a single seat? on 16:17 - Jul 6 by Wingstandwood

Thanks for that link! I never realised the party would be standing in Senedd election(s).

QUOTE "Mr Farage said Reform is “going to do very, very well” in the Senedd election and based on how it performed in Scotland during the General Election, the party would “very much be in the territory of winning seats in the Scottish Parliament too”. END OF QUOTE

I really think that they are going to go all in for the Senedd elections to catapult them on a national scale. Make an input in Wales and remove the Labour rule and will make major headlines. I really think they could do it.
Will Reform win a single seat? on 01:56 - Jul 7 with 340 viewsRobbie

My X ballot paper vote went on Reform , Bojo ruined the Tories with lies and deciet .
Multi Millionaire Sunak held fort the for fof a bit , will now write a book and go PR stunts .

Stamer has already filled me with dread even after one day of his tenure n No.10 .

Jauqui Smith has now appeared a blast from the past there , dodgy internet streams by her other half at the time ,

Dianne Abbott must be a porential Front Bencher soon .
Will Reform win a single seat? on 08:35 - Jul 7 with 295 viewsonehunglow

Will Reform win a single seat? on 01:56 - Jul 7 by Robbie

My X ballot paper vote went on Reform , Bojo ruined the Tories with lies and deciet .
Multi Millionaire Sunak held fort the for fof a bit , will now write a book and go PR stunts .

Stamer has already filled me with dread even after one day of his tenure n No.10 .

Jauqui Smith has now appeared a blast from the past there , dodgy internet streams by her other half at the time ,

Dianne Abbott must be a porential Front Bencher soon .

It could be a very short honeymoon and many will regret their vote.
Many Labour majorities are tiny so it wouldn’t take much to remove them
Trouble is, Tories are in pieces .

Will Reform win a single seat? on 17:55 - Jul 7 with 210 viewsSullutaCreturned

Will Reform win a single seat? on 15:29 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1933_German_federal_election

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z3bp82p/revision/7
Will Reform win a single seat? on 17:57 - Jul 7 with 197 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Will Reform win a single seat? on 17:55 - Jul 7 by SullutaCreturned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1933_German_federal_election

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z3bp82p/revision/7

BBC bitesized might be a bit sophisticated and advanced for CJ.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Will Reform win a single seat? on 18:02 - Jul 7 with 192 viewsSullutaCreturned

Will Reform win a single seat? on 17:57 - Jul 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

BBC bitesized might be a bit sophisticated and advanced for CJ.

He coud try listening to a podcast about dictators, specifically the one about Hitler that explains very well the series of events that led to Hitlers rise.

The disastrous decision by Hindenburg, aided by Vin Papen that saw hitler become Chancellor was made i the belief they ould control him.

Hitler didnt take power, in the end it was given to him and once in office he acted swiftly and without mercy.
Will Reform win a single seat? on 18:16 - Jul 7 with 183 viewsonehunglow

Will Reform win a single seat? on 10:16 - Jul 4 by Scotia

The point is Farage is a liar. Out and out.

He's as much the establishment as anyone else but claims not to be.

He knows his policies are unworkable but claims they're "contract".

And this isn't a Senedd election. It'll have no baring on those in Cardiff, unless Labour win and then I think Starmer can influence the Senedd away from Drakefords Labour.

Starmers Labour and Drakefords Labour are polls apart.

Do we not need “ establishment”
Why should our country be run by the unknown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024