Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? 09:24 - Jun 19 with 4917 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Despite talk of a supermajority and Labour triumphantly sweeping in on a wave of votes on July 4th the latest yougov poll has them only sitting on 36% which is a whole 4% lower than the percentage Corbyn achieved in 2017.

https://yougov.co.uk/elections/uk/2024

If this poll is accurate it’s a quite pathetic performance from Starmer, Rayner et al. you would think or hope that they would be taking full advantage of the disarray in the Tory ranks and we’d be seeing a surge in Labour voting intention. But there seems little appetite to vote for Labour either. They’re losing support if anything.

It’s quite a sorry state of affairs all around to be honest.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:57 - Jul 5 with 425 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:40 - Jul 5 by builthjack

Imagine if all Labour voters had turned up, would the Tories have had any seats ?
It was so easy that huge amounts of Labour didnt bother as they knew it would be a whitewash.
Keep getting the excuses in people. Its funny.

It’s not an excuse, it’s analysis of the results.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:03 - Jul 5 with 405 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 15:17 - Jul 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

Crazy 34 percent of the vote gives you a huge majority!

That’s the interesting part for me. There has to be a serious discussion now around the voting system. I’m not sold on PR it comes with its own issues but FPTP is also deeply flawed.

Labour have benefitted from the perfect storm of the Tories and SNP completely self imploding and Farage fancying one last hurrah.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:05 - Jul 5 with 402 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:57 - Jul 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s not an excuse, it’s analysis of the results.

It’s not funny at all but rather sad to see

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:16 - Jul 5 with 382 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:40 - Jul 5 by builthjack

Imagine if all Labour voters had turned up, would the Tories have had any seats ?
It was so easy that huge amounts of Labour didnt bother as they knew it would be a whitewash.
Keep getting the excuses in people. Its funny.

Sorry Builthy but that is pure nnsense as the figures show. In 2019 the Tories had 13.6 million votes with Labour getting 10.3 million; in 2024 the Tories got less than 7 million and Labout got 9.7 million.

It's not an excuse its a black and white fact, the tory vote completely collapsed and despite only losing one sixth of their 2019 vote Labour had an easy victory.

Labour are about one million votes worse off which makes them less popular than in 2019. It is now a recorded fact no matter what you say.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:20 - Jul 5 with 373 viewsDr_Winston

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:03 - Jul 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

That’s the interesting part for me. There has to be a serious discussion now around the voting system. I’m not sold on PR it comes with its own issues but FPTP is also deeply flawed.

Labour have benefitted from the perfect storm of the Tories and SNP completely self imploding and Farage fancying one last hurrah.

It could be argued that this election is FPTP at its best.

A failing Goverment was booted out, the biggest opposition party has enough of a majority to actually work, and the loonies on the extremes of right and left have minimal representation and are about as powerful and influential as Andorra.

PR would have given Reform or the Watermelons significantly more say, which I'm not sure that anyone should really want.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:22 - Jul 5 with 367 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:16 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

Sorry Builthy but that is pure nnsense as the figures show. In 2019 the Tories had 13.6 million votes with Labour getting 10.3 million; in 2024 the Tories got less than 7 million and Labout got 9.7 million.

It's not an excuse its a black and white fact, the tory vote completely collapsed and despite only losing one sixth of their 2019 vote Labour had an easy victory.

Labour are about one million votes worse off which makes them less popular than in 2019. It is now a recorded fact no matter what you say.

It’s been explained time after time to him.
Few want to vote for either main party
Facts prove that
Tories shouod not have called an election and shouod have fought a campaign not roll over cravenly
They lost power
Labour couldn’t help but win
Reform higher percentage of vote than LD shouod worry us

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:31 - Jul 5 with 354 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:22 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

It’s been explained time after time to him.
Few want to vote for either main party
Facts prove that
Tories shouod not have called an election and shouod have fought a campaign not roll over cravenly
They lost power
Labour couldn’t help but win
Reform higher percentage of vote than LD shouod worry us

Exactly, Labour didn't win, Starmer didn't convince more people to vote for him, he actually lost voters it's just that the tores have so utterly, rubbish and corrupt (onseveral levels) that their voters walked away en masse.

How can there be nay pride in doing worse than the last 2 elections and still winning? What there should be is a genuine determination to be better and to ensure that at the next eletion they deserve another go.

There's a saying, the "opposition don't win elections, the government loses them" and in this case it is 100% true.

Starmer hardly tried, he just let the tory implosion do his job. That's why he gets called a wet lettuce, he's not the political powerhouse this country needs.

In other news, if Kilky was here I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on Scotland. The SNP's latest leader saod the election was a referendum on independence and a goodwin for them again was a mandate to demand another vote well then, this must be a very strong message that the Scottish really don't want indy and the Union is strong again. Do I take any pleasure in being right about Scotland, orhaving the evidence that Kilky was completely wrong....maybe
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:43 - Jul 5 with 346 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:31 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

Exactly, Labour didn't win, Starmer didn't convince more people to vote for him, he actually lost voters it's just that the tores have so utterly, rubbish and corrupt (onseveral levels) that their voters walked away en masse.

How can there be nay pride in doing worse than the last 2 elections and still winning? What there should be is a genuine determination to be better and to ensure that at the next eletion they deserve another go.

There's a saying, the "opposition don't win elections, the government loses them" and in this case it is 100% true.

Starmer hardly tried, he just let the tory implosion do his job. That's why he gets called a wet lettuce, he's not the political powerhouse this country needs.

In other news, if Kilky was here I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on Scotland. The SNP's latest leader saod the election was a referendum on independence and a goodwin for them again was a mandate to demand another vote well then, this must be a very strong message that the Scottish really don't want indy and the Union is strong again. Do I take any pleasure in being right about Scotland, orhaving the evidence that Kilky was completely wrong....maybe

I can’t believe some which is posted n this event
The conservatives have been a fetid corpse for years and it needed to see the stench of incompetence eroded
I see class war posting apbutvtyatvdiesntvwork.
It’s hatred,pure and simple
Labour are having a honeymoon but it will be very brief

We have seen the last four prime ministers either devious,in the case of Cameron ,evil in the case of May , insouciance by Truss and ours cowardice by Sunak . I can’t even mention Johnson and his act of playful Greyfriars upper sixth .

How could they not win.

Corbyn simply too dirty. If Starmer had been Leader not him ,then he would have walked an election.

Come September and we will see sone shocks,bad ones.
Pensioners or savers beware

Login to get fewer ads

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:47 - Jul 5 with 345 viewsmajorraglan

Prior to 2000, GE turn out was always over 70%, since then it’s fluctuated between 59% and 67%.

Whatever our thoughts about popularity, we have to hope that our new government is more capable and sensible than its predecessor.

Robert Buckland went off on one last night, and had a right pop at certain individuals in his party, Braverman was apologetic today and claimed the Conservatives had failed while Badenoch took a completely opposite view and was bullish.

I expect the conservatives to continue with their infighting in the short term before reuniting behind the new leader. Be interesting to see the dynamics between them and Farage.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:10 - Jul 5 with 318 viewsBoundy

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:47 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

Prior to 2000, GE turn out was always over 70%, since then it’s fluctuated between 59% and 67%.

Whatever our thoughts about popularity, we have to hope that our new government is more capable and sensible than its predecessor.

Robert Buckland went off on one last night, and had a right pop at certain individuals in his party, Braverman was apologetic today and claimed the Conservatives had failed while Badenoch took a completely opposite view and was bullish.

I expect the conservatives to continue with their infighting in the short term before reuniting behind the new leader. Be interesting to see the dynamics between them and Farage.

It'll be interesting to see how long we in Wales any sort of improvement in our health, wealth, education or social care systems, Westminster can no longer be blamed for underfunding ( I don't believe we were during the Tory reign ,just mismanagement of the money we received on vanity projects). I don't expect to see any immediate improvements due to the mess left behind but it should visible within 18 months .No excuses now the train set all labours now get on with the job of improving everyone ( not just the few) lives.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:20 - Jul 5 with 310 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:10 - Jul 5 by Boundy

It'll be interesting to see how long we in Wales any sort of improvement in our health, wealth, education or social care systems, Westminster can no longer be blamed for underfunding ( I don't believe we were during the Tory reign ,just mismanagement of the money we received on vanity projects). I don't expect to see any immediate improvements due to the mess left behind but it should visible within 18 months .No excuses now the train set all labours now get on with the job of improving everyone ( not just the few) lives.

Wales has clearly been left behind because it is so staunchly Labour. Labour can do its worst and they will still get in via class hatred .
By now,the old industries of Wales should have seen diversification and both Toryvand Alabourcstand damned for failing to do so.
Had London suffered,things would have been different
Wales is not on any Westminster radar,it’s people treated like dummies

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 20:17 - Jul 5 with 259 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:47 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

Another boring political fact, the 2 lowest turnouts in that time have been for Labour wins, Blair and Starmer
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:07 - Jul 5 with 234 viewsbuilthjack

I have never read such absolute crap in all my life.
I really haven’t.
About 6 or 7 on here just can’t accept that Labour had a record victory, absolutely annihilated the Tories. Stuffed them in Wales.
The British public have spoken. Take it in.. accept… it has happened.
Stop embarrassing yourselves.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:31 - Jul 5 with 225 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:07 - Jul 5 by builthjack

I really haven’t.
About 6 or 7 on here just can’t accept that Labour had a record victory, absolutely annihilated the Tories. Stuffed them in Wales.

And you can't accept that Labour have lost one million votes since 2019, that Corbyn managed to persuade more people to vote for him, that Labour support in Wales has dropped.
Yes Labour has won a massive number of seats but it's not the victory you think it is.

If the tories weren't sio undefensibly, dishonest, corrupt and uncaring...well they are and now Starmer has a very big job on trying to repair 14 years and an utterly shite tory government.

Is he up to it, time will tell.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:40 - Jul 5 with 222 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:31 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

And you can't accept that Labour have lost one million votes since 2019, that Corbyn managed to persuade more people to vote for him, that Labour support in Wales has dropped.
Yes Labour has won a massive number of seats but it's not the victory you think it is.

If the tories weren't sio undefensibly, dishonest, corrupt and uncaring...well they are and now Starmer has a very big job on trying to repair 14 years and an utterly shite tory government.

Is he up to it, time will tell.

I don’t know why, I guess you have it in you that you don’t want to accept the total annihilation of the Tories.
It wouldn’t matter at all if only 20% of people in the Uk voted. It’s not about the percentage.
It’s about seats won. The same the rules, and that’s what counts.

people need to accept and stop the absolute crap. Labour won by a landslide. A record victory.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:08 - Jul 5 with 205 viewspencoedjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:40 - Jul 5 by builthjack

I don’t know why, I guess you have it in you that you don’t want to accept the total annihilation of the Tories.
It wouldn’t matter at all if only 20% of people in the Uk voted. It’s not about the percentage.

people need to accept and stop the absolute crap. Labour won by a landslide. A record victory.

You are making a fool of yourself fella.

Bit of advice log off 👍
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:15 - Jul 5 with 197 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:08 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

Bit of advice log off 👍

Bitterness is bad for you . Labour have trounced the Tories . Just accept it.
Hell , if your team lose tomorrow evening I dread to think what you will be like.
Get some comfort from somewhere.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:18 - Jul 5 with 190 viewsonehunglow

Bit of advice log off 👍

I’m a bit concerned about Builth.
Frankly.
I can understand his chum as he despises me for what I’ve posted previously .
Like him,Builth cannot exchange views
Time like this he should be happy and be magnanimous
We’ve agreed it’s disastrous for the Tories but who will he hate now thatvSubak,Johnson,May are just a memory,or will be
Insulting others because of their political views is a poor show.

This Labour government could make things very much worse come Seotembercand Reeves first budget. The stock market might take fright shares tumble and interest rates rise . A full whammy
I’ve seen it all before

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:19 - Jul 5 with 190 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:07 - Jul 5 by builthjack

I really haven’t.

Wales labour lost an incredible 150,000 votes in Wales. Just show how popular the Senedd is.

Be interesting if this result is repeated in the 2026 Senedd election. With proportional representation labour would about 37% of the seats

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:29 - Jul 5 with 183 viewsraynor94

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:40 - Jul 5 by builthjack

Getting silly now, of course the percentages matter, I'm a lifelong member of the GMB and glad to see the back of the Tories.

But Starmer got a lower percentage of the votes than Corbyn!

We really need to move to proportional representation.

Reform got 14% of the vote and 1% of seats , compared to the Lib Dems 12% of votes and 11% of seats.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:34 - Jul 5 with 168 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Labour managed a fraction over 20% of the electorate voting for them.

Tories couldn’t persuade as much as 15% of the electorate to vote for them.

It’s indicative of the distrust of politicians in this country and pathetic from the two main parties.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:35 - Jul 5 with 161 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:19 - Jul 5 by felixstowe_jack

Wales labour lost an incredible 150,000 votes in Wales. Just show how popular the Senedd is.

Be interesting if this result is repeated in the 2026 Senedd election. With proportional representation labour would about 37% of the seats

How many seats did your beloved Tories get ?
Remind me

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:36 - Jul 5 with 153 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:18 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

I’m a bit concerned about Builth.
Frankly.
I can understand his chum as he despises me for what I’ve posted previously .
Like him,Builth cannot exchange views
Time like this he should be happy and be magnanimous
We’ve agreed it’s disastrous for the Tories but who will he hate now thatvSubak,Johnson,May are just a memory,or will be
Insulting others because of their political views is a poor show.

This Labour government could make things very much worse come Seotembercand Reeves first budget. The stock market might take fright shares tumble and interest rates rise . A full whammy
I’ve seen it all before

As I said to you earlier, accept it.
You need to.
The people decided.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:43 - Jul 5 with 145 viewsbuilthjack

Bit of advice log off 👍

Off you go. Night night.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:45 - Jul 5 with 143 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Are we witnessing a real life meltdown?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024