Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards 22:21 - Dec 13 with 13605 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet again another lacklustre showing from Taylor Richards, showed no conviction when he came on. Can see why Marti gave him a go against 10 men but really he just looks a bit of a waster to me.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 08:52 - Dec 14 with 2158 viewsderbyhoop

He got 17 minutes, as a replacement for Larkeche, who was clearly concussed. At the time, the alternatives were Smyth, JCS and Aaron Drewe.
I thought he looked neat and tidy but not fit enough to be a big influence. Faced with a 9 man defensive wall.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 09:06 - Dec 14 with 2091 viewsfrancisbowles

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 08:24 - Dec 14 by theone_theonly

I sit in C block, near the box, and multiple people affiliated with the club have told us Richards is the ‘most skilful player at the club’. Yes, it’s clear he isn’t playing at his best but for a man who has barely played football on the last 2 years you can’t expect him to come on and blow us out of the water, you have to play through bad form. Obviously we have high expectations for him but we have to be patient and hope he’ll come good. I thought he didn’t play that bad when he came on but no one played particularly well. I’m sure marti will get him playing at some point and get his head straight.

We have seen very brief glimpses of skill but I have noticed that he always wants to get it onto his left foot. Whatever the situation he is in he always wants to shift it onto his preferred peg.

He also needs to accept that this is a physical game. Seems to have a bad otp reaction to be robbed of the ball by fair or foul means. Needs to toughen up and get on with it.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 09:13 - Dec 14 with 2052 viewspriceyparkrangers

He’s dreadful.

He doesn’t have a clue what he is doing tactically or positionally. He stands out every time he plays as looking hopelessly lost.

He only has a left foot, he has zero strength, zero pace.

He also doesn’t have the mentality to get better - he was off training again last week.

His attitude isn’t going to buy him any time with fans.

Sometimes you just have to look at the facts and say he was an awful signing and offers nothing to this team.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 09:29 - Dec 14 with 1975 viewsGloucs_R

I thought he could have taken the ball forward and being a bit more positive last night. There were a couple of opportunities where space opened up in front of him but he decided to find a sideways pass instead. A lot of that will be to do with confidence.

He reminds me a lot of JET. You know there is a good player in the but it's just about unlocking him. Whether we actually get the opportunity to do that or not as yet to be uncovered.

I'm not judging him solely on last night's performance though.

Poll: Are we staying up?

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 09:35 - Dec 14 with 1932 viewsQPROslo

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:49 - Dec 13 by OakR

I didn't think he was amazing or terrible.

No-one really knows if he is any good - he needs to habe a good run of games and we will then know. I suspect he is being gently introduced back in.

Definitely more in hope than expectation, but hopefully a manager and way of playing that gets the best out of him.

Agree with your 1st sentance in particular which shows some small progress. In the short appearances he makes for us he looks like he has very good technical ability on the ball and could be a very decent player maker, but seems neither fit enough or familiar enough with tough Championship football. What I find strange is that he apparently did ok at Doncaster.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 09:44 - Dec 14 with 1899 viewsgazza1

Doncaster is a level below the Championship and that level is 'big' and perhaps why the rumour is that Richards was decent.

As for last nights performance - okish, nothing bad and nothing amazing. I want to see him shooting/scoring, making key passes and having an impact on the game.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:16 - Dec 14 with 1853 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This feels a bit OTT to me.

We don’t have to have a scapegoat.

I’m not a fan of his, but there were 15 players last night who participated in that draw.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:24 - Dec 14 with 1827 viewsEsox_Lucius

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:16 - Dec 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

This feels a bit OTT to me.

We don’t have to have a scapegoat.

I’m not a fan of his, but there were 15 players last night who participated in that draw.

I don't get it either. Cook made the biggest error of the night and nearly cost us when they had 11 yet he is the highest rated by the fans. Dozzell totally ran the midfield in the second half and he is rated at the bottom, along with Kakay whose crossing and ball winning made him our best player in the first half. My opinion only, but Field has looked out of sorts the last couple of games but he is immune from criticism it appears compared to the current favourite scapegoats.
The comments regarding Maddix in the other thread were scandalous and I can only think that some people can't get through their own lives without making themselves feel better by criticising others.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:45 - Dec 14 with 1772 viewsJPC

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:24 - Dec 14 by Esox_Lucius

I don't get it either. Cook made the biggest error of the night and nearly cost us when they had 11 yet he is the highest rated by the fans. Dozzell totally ran the midfield in the second half and he is rated at the bottom, along with Kakay whose crossing and ball winning made him our best player in the first half. My opinion only, but Field has looked out of sorts the last couple of games but he is immune from criticism it appears compared to the current favourite scapegoats.
The comments regarding Maddix in the other thread were scandalous and I can only think that some people can't get through their own lives without making themselves feel better by criticising others.

I find it hard to change the narrative in my own head at times. I wasn’t Dozzells’s biggest fan in the past, but to me he’s made a significant step up this season. He has a certain casual style which can at times make him look anonymous, but he’s often the one breaking up opposition play, and of the 2 holding midfielders, he’s the one making the progressive pass forward. Field I think could do with a rest as I think he’s had 2 indifferent games.
As for Richards, no worse or better than anyone else in the midfield last night - but he was showing for the ball. As a previous poster mentioned, he’s ours, and under this management, most of our players have shown significant improvement, so I’m happy to wait and see that happen with him. Here’s hoping.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:47 - Dec 14 with 1766 viewsAntti_Heinola

The errors throughout the team in the first 20 minutes were inexplicable: Cook, Field, Chair, Willock (twice), Dozzell, Kakay (twice - that pass to no one in central midfield?!). It was utterly bizarre how we presented them with the ball under almost no pressure time and time again. I thought Kakay struggled badly first half, but he wasn't alone.
Richards was one of the most bizarre performances I've seen, but then it was a bizarre performance all round really.

Bare bones.

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:50 - Dec 14 with 1758 viewsTheChef

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:47 - Dec 14 by Antti_Heinola

The errors throughout the team in the first 20 minutes were inexplicable: Cook, Field, Chair, Willock (twice), Dozzell, Kakay (twice - that pass to no one in central midfield?!). It was utterly bizarre how we presented them with the ball under almost no pressure time and time again. I thought Kakay struggled badly first half, but he wasn't alone.
Richards was one of the most bizarre performances I've seen, but then it was a bizarre performance all round really.

What was bizarre about Richards' performance? He didn't do much wrong but then didn't really try to make things happen either. Much like most of the team last night.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:12 - Dec 14 with 1668 viewsJPC

Downvoted when I meant the opposite! Sorry
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:12 - Dec 14 with 1666 viewsTK1

What is the point of this thread? This is such an oddly negative thing to sit down and write.

He didn't do anything wrong, he looked reasonably at home in the midfield, all the best players clearly trust him with the ball in a way they perhaps don't every other player. There were loads of errors throughout the team last night, it was one of those games, with a pretty odd selection to start with. But apart from one touch too many on a run where he lost possession he didn't do anything wrong and he looked to be involved in the play as much as possible. He was entering a difficult situation of (toothless) attack against defence, not sure what was expected. Smyth looked lively and should've been on sooner but he squandered much better possession than Richards. So be it. There really doesn't have to be a boo-boy. Not sure how it helps.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:21 - Dec 14 with 1636 viewsAntti_Heinola

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:50 - Dec 14 by TheChef

What was bizarre about Richards' performance? He didn't do much wrong but then didn't really try to make things happen either. Much like most of the team last night.

I mean, he didn't look like he had played professional football before. When he had the ball he didn't know where to go or what to do. He absolutely showed for the ball, but most of the time it felt like no one wanted to pass to him. And judging by what he did when he had it I can see why.
Look, I'm not blaming TR for the draw, I felt it was an odd performance all round, really sloppy at times, and the first 20, as Marti said, was the worst since he's arrived. But TR had 25 minutes on the pitch and didn't produce anything of note other than falling over and (rightly) not getting a free kick. But equally he was far from alone - the whole team under-performed really, not TR's fault we lost. But, personally, he looked like a non-league player out there, completely out of his depth. Hope I'm wrong, and seeing as I've only seen him play for a combined 75 minutes or something, I'm still open-minded!

Bare bones.

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:31 - Dec 14 with 1613 viewsfrancisbowles

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:50 - Dec 14 by TheChef

I think most of the team did TRY and make things happen. Not too sure Richards had the confidence to go forward.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:32 - Dec 14 with 1601 viewsTheChef

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:31 - Dec 14 by francisbowles

I think most of the team did TRY and make things happen. Not too sure Richards had the confidence to go forward.

Sorry was more didn't do much wrong!

Just one of those nights. Plenty more games.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:42 - Dec 14 with 1562 viewsQPunkR

Potential answer to the original question - paperweight?

QPR - "shit but local"

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:06 - Dec 14 with 1484 viewsSuperhoops2808

Oh we do love a target for the boo boys at Rangers dont we

Most people criticising him on here are the same people that said Chris Willock should never pull on a Rangers shirt again. All of a sudden, coached properly and Chrissy is looking like he did back in the day

MC cannot win, because if he started TR he would likely struggle and become a target for the fans by half time. So he introduces him slowly and gets him into the first team mentality by bringing him off the bench and he still cant win

So how about we give MC a few more months to work on him. Surely thats better than these pointless threads repeating week after week about Taylor Richards
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:14 - Dec 14 with 1454 viewspaulparker

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:06 - Dec 14 by Superhoops2808

Most people criticising him on here are the same people that said Chris Willock should never pull on a Rangers shirt again. All of a sudden, coached properly and Chrissy is looking like he did back in the day

MC cannot win, because if he started TR he would likely struggle and become a target for the fans by half time. So he introduces him slowly and gets him into the first team mentality by bringing him off the bench and he still cant win

So how about we give MC a few more months to work on him. Surely thats better than these pointless threads repeating week after week about Taylor Richards

Agree with some of your points and if we were a mid table team then give him a run but we are in a relegation battle and we needed a win last night so we don’t have time for passengers
I like a lot about MC but he got it wrong with that sub last night

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:39 - Dec 14 with 1397 viewsPhildo

I do wonder aside from all the chatter if he is a kid who has naturally grown to a body size that has s is not ideal for elite football- I don’t mean overeating just genuine growth.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:39 - Dec 14 with 1395 viewsLblock

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:06 - Dec 14 by Superhoops2808

I don't think anybody actively goes out of their way to have a pop at Rangers players - but when you see a waster like TR draining the club I don't see any reason not to comment on it.
I mean, what is a boo-boy anyway?
I was a B-Boy back in the day..... did a pretty good backspin and windmill dance if I don't say so myself.

One thing you mention does offer a small crumb.
Chris Willock - when he first arrived at the club he was pretty pony. Lightweight, timid, hiding and not offering much at all. Personally I looked at him and thought he'd never make it as a player in W12. Then someone / some people in the Warburton set up got hold of him and clearly coached him, got him fitter, stronger and mentally right -- what a player we had when all systems were go for him. Absolutely brilliant that he made me totally wrong.
Can the club do the same with TR? I really doubt it but I'd love to be wrong.

As noted above - we don't have the luxury of time in our current predicament.
If he can be moved on via a loan and someone picks up any portion of his wages then we should do it. Make room for someone who can come in and give Marti 100% and help our cause.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:40 - Dec 14 with 1381 viewsSuperhoops2808

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:14 - Dec 14 by paulparker

Agree with some of your points and if we were a mid table team then give him a run but we are in a relegation battle and we needed a win last night so we don’t have time for passengers
I like a lot about MC but he got it wrong with that sub last night

I agree, but then last night just did not click for anyone really. None of the subs made a real impact. Its a fair point that we need 11 players to click and be on the money to get us out of trouble, but when they do and I am now convinced we will as I am sure you are and one of those 11 that have clicked gets injured we need players ready to slot in to maintain our position or we will slip back into trouble.

We know the development team will get you game time but nowhere near ready for 90 mins in the Championship so he has to keep coming on for some meaningful game time. I genuinely think that once he gets a run in the team he will get better. You and I both know there are many examples during our history that once they get a run in a team they progress. Some quicker than others granted but as someone in the thread said, we paid money for him, he is ours so we need to persevere and no coach yet has tried to get the best out of him for whatever reason (attitude, injuries, health etc)
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:43 - Dec 14 with 1360 viewsSuperhoops2808

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:39 - Dec 14 by Lblock

I don't think anybody actively goes out of their way to have a pop at Rangers players - but when you see a waster like TR draining the club I don't see any reason not to comment on it.
I mean, what is a boo-boy anyway?
I was a B-Boy back in the day..... did a pretty good backspin and windmill dance if I don't say so myself.

One thing you mention does offer a small crumb.
Chris Willock - when he first arrived at the club he was pretty pony. Lightweight, timid, hiding and not offering much at all. Personally I looked at him and thought he'd never make it as a player in W12. Then someone / some people in the Warburton set up got hold of him and clearly coached him, got him fitter, stronger and mentally right -- what a player we had when all systems were go for him. Absolutely brilliant that he made me totally wrong.
Can the club do the same with TR? I really doubt it but I'd love to be wrong.

As noted above - we don't have the luxury of time in our current predicament.
If he can be moved on via a loan and someone picks up any portion of his wages then we should do it. Make room for someone who can come in and give Marti 100% and help our cause.

Perfectly put regarding Willock - As I say, MC needs time to see what he can do, and to be fair at least he appears to be tying to working with Richards rather than binning him off like Ainsworth did
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:44 - Dec 14 with 1357 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 10:45 - Dec 14 by JPC

I find it hard to change the narrative in my own head at times. I wasn’t Dozzells’s biggest fan in the past, but to me he’s made a significant step up this season. He has a certain casual style which can at times make him look anonymous, but he’s often the one breaking up opposition play, and of the 2 holding midfielders, he’s the one making the progressive pass forward. Field I think could do with a rest as I think he’s had 2 indifferent games.
As for Richards, no worse or better than anyone else in the midfield last night - but he was showing for the ball. As a previous poster mentioned, he’s ours, and under this management, most of our players have shown significant improvement, so I’m happy to wait and see that happen with him. Here’s hoping.

‘I find it hard to change the narrative in my own head at times‘

Refreshing to hear. I think we are all guilty of this. I had the players down as malingerers, especially Willock, and that no manager would get a tune out of them.

MC has proved that you can get a tune out of them, and although I’m still suspicious of Willock’s sudden upturn in form so close to a transfer window, I’m big enough to admit I was wrong about the terminal nature of our fortunes.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 13:03 - Dec 14 with 1282 viewsSheffieldHoop

The impression I get is; He loves the money, he lives the lifestyle, but he doesn't enjoy the sport anymore.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024