Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham team news 19:27 - Nov 2 with 12462 viewsderbyhoop

Steve Cook likely to be involved. Dunne back from suspension. So we'll have 2 recognised CBs.
Dozzell & Colback both suspended but Marti says it gives others opportunities. Could that include Willock? Plenty of fans creaming themselves about that, despite the impression that he either doesn't trust his hamstrings, can't be bothered, or both.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rotherham team news on 10:46 - Nov 3 with 2430 viewsQPROslo

Rotherham team news on 09:52 - Nov 3 by Watford_Ranger

He didn’t perform at all though when given a chance? Has he had an even half-decent game since his injury over a year ago? Maybe he has but I’m honestly struggling to remember it. FWIW I’d like to see him given a fresh start in the Marti revolution with Chair and Smyth behind the striker but I’m not optimistic.

Surprised people rate Dixon-Bonner. Nothing against the kid but I’ve not seen it yet.

Willock got a 1st half a few games back. I thought he did ok in that he generally managed to keep the ball and find a hooped shirt to pass it too, nothing special as of Willock of old, but really only Chair can hold onto a ball in our squad otherwise taking pressure off defenders for a bit. But then Gareth hooked him at half time, weird I thought as were all thses 2 minute sub appearances in added time were, but possibly Willock was knackered or feeling some tightness.
Rotherham team news on 10:49 - Nov 3 with 2403 viewsLazyFan

Rotherham team news on 08:55 - Nov 3 by wombat

Any idea where joel lynch is these days ?

Dubai

It's Winter where else would he be?

zzzzzzzzzz

Rotherham team news on 11:10 - Nov 3 with 2317 viewsBklynRanger

Rotherham team news on 21:53 - Nov 2 by aston_hoop

He's not huge or built really, none of this is a criticism though. More a point that he's not the physically dominant type but easily has the raw technical skills that Cifuentes might want to work with. I hope he does, always impresses me

Thought the same. I can't say Aoraha's name without thinking of Star Trek but he looks like a player who uses the ball quite well. Can see him developing under Marti.
Rotherham team news on 12:01 - Nov 3 with 2165 viewsGloucs_R

I wonder if Richards will miraculously appear now we have a new manager...

I quite like the idea of Paal in midfield for just this one game.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rotherham team news on 13:04 - Nov 3 with 1961 viewsbaz_qpr

I would like to see both Armstrong and Kolli given the opportunity to play a little deeper. I thought Kolli was a 10 anyway and I just think letting Armstrong play wide or behind Dykes will take a bit of pressure of him, his more skilful with his fee than people think and has more to offer than chasing a ball down the channel
Rotherham team news on 13:14 - Nov 3 with 1902 viewsNed_Kennedys

I would play people in the positions they know and have experience in: madness to put the likes of Kakay etc in midfield for such an important game.
Rotherham team news on 13:20 - Nov 3 with 1864 viewsQPerthR

You would think that Cannon could ply the inverted full back role in a back 4 , could Dunne play in that formation though ?
Rotherham team news on 13:31 - Nov 3 with 1797 viewsWestbourneR

Rotherham team news on 20:33 - Nov 2 by HAYESBOY

As Marti seems to like a back 4 then maybe Kakay can do a job for the team in the middle of midfield? I would even consider dropping Chair into a middle 3. With Willock starting higher up.

Kakay in the middle of midfield.

Yeah... apart from his touch, passing and positional awareness he's perfectly suited to adapting to that role (having never ever played there before may I add)

I've heard some laughable ideas before but that really takes the biscuit.

I do wonder what people are watching sometimes.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham team news on 13:33 - Nov 3 with 1780 views1JD

Rotherham team news on 13:04 - Nov 3 by baz_qpr

I would like to see both Armstrong and Kolli given the opportunity to play a little deeper. I thought Kolli was a 10 anyway and I just think letting Armstrong play wide or behind Dykes will take a bit of pressure of him, his more skilful with his fee than people think and has more to offer than chasing a ball down the channel

Spoken to Kolli a while back and he considers himself a false 9, although he said Beale had him down as a number 10. Splitting hairs maybe, although there are subtle differences, but either way he’ll fit right into Cifuentes style. Rather than coming on for a paltry 5 minutes and having balls lumped up to him expecting him to do something…

Think Aoraha got a knock in the dev squad game, he’s not in the training pics, which is a real shame as I think he’d of been first in line for his debut this week. Always been very impressed by this lad, and I’m hoping MC will give him his chance. He’d fit right into the style. Excellent touch and composure, and great athleticism, energy and tackling - everything you need as a number 6. Can also drive forward and dribble with the ball, something none of our other CMs can do.

Very surprised SDM has been getting in ahead of him - Aoraha is in a completely different league to SDM, who has never impressed me in the dev squad games and I would never of had him down as championship level standard.
Rotherham team news on 13:44 - Nov 3 with 1693 viewsMonkey_Roots

I'd like to give a little shout to EDB too – I remember him coming on in a Mick Boil game and I liked what I saw.

Reading the message board the past few days, it's amazing what a change can do to the mood and if we, as fans, are feeling it this much, imagine what the players must be feeling like?
Rotherham team news on 13:56 - Nov 3 with 1655 viewsTheChef

I remember Bettache looking solid enough the few times he played. Where is he now??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rotherham team news on 14:12 - Nov 3 with 1612 viewsR_from_afar

Rotherham team news on 13:56 - Nov 3 by TheChef

I remember Bettache looking solid enough the few times he played. Where is he now??

He's at St Louis City in the MLS Next Pro league and recently became the first player in the club's history to score a hat-trick. Thank you, Wikipedia.

Joel Lynch - shudder - is currently without a club, although he probably spends most of his time at Coventry City games now, hurling abuse at Jake Bidwell from the stands, for old times' sake

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rotherham team news on 14:21 - Nov 3 with 1589 viewslassel

Rotherham team news on 07:08 - Nov 3 by davman

Back 4 with Cook and Dunne? *Shudder*.

The lack of pace would be a killer alongside the fact that this lot cannot defend without safety in numbers.

Marti will not have changed much this week, so I still think tomorrow will be about how bad Rotherham will be and whether we can be sufficiently less bad to get point(s).

It is going to take time and a minor miracle with this squad...

I mean Hugill who they’ll face as a lone striker is not exactly Usain Bolt himself so it shouldn’t be such an issue
Rotherham team news on 14:28 - Nov 3 with 1543 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham team news on 14:21 - Nov 3 by lassel

I mean Hugill who they’ll face as a lone striker is not exactly Usain Bolt himself so it shouldn’t be such an issue

Yeh you'd think that wouldn't you? And yet...
Rotherham team news on 14:40 - Nov 3 with 1473 viewsHayesender

Rotherham team news on 13:33 - Nov 3 by 1JD

Spoken to Kolli a while back and he considers himself a false 9, although he said Beale had him down as a number 10. Splitting hairs maybe, although there are subtle differences, but either way he’ll fit right into Cifuentes style. Rather than coming on for a paltry 5 minutes and having balls lumped up to him expecting him to do something…

Think Aoraha got a knock in the dev squad game, he’s not in the training pics, which is a real shame as I think he’d of been first in line for his debut this week. Always been very impressed by this lad, and I’m hoping MC will give him his chance. He’d fit right into the style. Excellent touch and composure, and great athleticism, energy and tackling - everything you need as a number 6. Can also drive forward and dribble with the ball, something none of our other CMs can do.

Very surprised SDM has been getting in ahead of him - Aoraha is in a completely different league to SDM, who has never impressed me in the dev squad games and I would never of had him down as championship level standard.

Along with XG and the like, I've no idea what people are talking about when they go on about false nines etc

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rotherham team news on 14:42 - Nov 3 with 1464 viewslassel

Rotherham team news on 14:28 - Nov 3 by Northernr

Yeh you'd think that wouldn't you? And yet...

It might be the most exciting subplot to this weekend - how will the lads conspire to make Rotherham look like 70s Brazil.

Perhaps Cook slide tackles Dunne and puts them in 1 on 1, maybe they head the ball off each other into the far corner of our net, maybe someone’s brain explodes on an aimless long punt and a suicidal tackle gifts a penalty..
Rotherham team news on 14:46 - Nov 3 with 1451 viewslosethedrum

Rotherham team news on 07:08 - Nov 3 by davman

Back 4 with Cook and Dunne? *Shudder*.

The lack of pace would be a killer alongside the fact that this lot cannot defend without safety in numbers.

Marti will not have changed much this week, so I still think tomorrow will be about how bad Rotherham will be and whether we can be sufficiently less bad to get point(s).

It is going to take time and a minor miracle with this squad...

As regards how bad Rotherham might play i watched the whole of their defeat at sheff weds last sunday & they were not good . They lumped the ball up in the air a lot & seemed to rely on Peltier's long throws as their big attacking ploy .
Wednesday should have been four up at half time but a combination of poor finishing & good keeping kept it to 2 at the interval .
I think their last home game was postponed against Ipswich so the pitch should be in the best condition possible for the R's to get the ball down & pass their way forwards.
Rotherham team news on 14:53 - Nov 3 with 1394 viewsTheChef

Rotherham team news on 14:42 - Nov 3 by lassel

It might be the most exciting subplot to this weekend - how will the lads conspire to make Rotherham look like 70s Brazil.

Perhaps Cook slide tackles Dunne and puts them in 1 on 1, maybe they head the ball off each other into the far corner of our net, maybe someone’s brain explodes on an aimless long punt and a suicidal tackle gifts a penalty..

Yeah whose turn is it this weekend for two quickfire stoopid yellow cards?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rotherham team news on 15:19 - Nov 3 with 1279 viewshubble

Rotherham team news on 14:40 - Nov 3 by Hayesender

Along with XG and the like, I've no idea what people are talking about when they go on about false nines etc

I read recently that Eddie Howe played Dwight Gayle as a false nine. He was false nine Gayle.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Rotherham team news on 15:26 - Nov 3 with 1242 viewsBAWHoops

Imagine if he goes balls to the wall mental

................Begovic.............
Cannon....Dunne....Cook....Paal
..................Field...............
............Chair.......Willock......
Smyth..........Dykes.......Armstrong

But I'd imagine he may do something like this instead

Begovic
Cannon Dunne Cook Larkeche
Chair Field Paal
Smyth Dykes Willock

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Rotherham team news on 15:31 - Nov 3 with 1216 viewskensalriser

On a point of order, this looks a lot more like QPR team news to me.

More seriously, it would be surprising if Marti comes in with unlikely changes in position or starting players who've never started before. He's got enough on his plate coaching a different style of play without adding a load of novel stuff. Novel is being polite, what I really mean is bonkers.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rotherham team news on 15:33 - Nov 3 with 1211 viewsconnell10

Rotherham team news on 20:58 - Nov 2 by TK1

Something like this formation, but I reckon he may play some jazz and pick the most technically gifted players available - so there may be some crazy stuff like Richards as an 8, or Willock in midfield and Kolli playing at the expense of Smyth (whose touch when he came on Saturday was ooh-boy). Maybe not away at Rotherham, but also...maybe? And I bet that sort of thing happens fairly soon. He keeps talking about keeping the ball and so he's going to pick the players who like having it most of all and give it to their own players, not necessarily the players who like it ahead of them like Smyth and Armstrong.

But I may be totally wrong on that.

So literally no pace in the team ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rotherham team news on 16:28 - Nov 3 with 1124 viewsHoopie

Rotherham team news on 20:35 - Nov 2 by aston_hoop

Since he loves a 4-3-3, perhaps it can be

GK - Begovic
RB - Cannon
CB - Cook
CB - Dunne
LB - Paal
DM - Field
CM - EDB
CM - Ilias Chair
RW - Smyth
LW - Willock
CF - Dykes

Edit - not sure why I went full name for Chair but I'm leaving it on there now
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 20:35]

With what we have available I agree with the line-up but with EDB as a second DM with Chair in front.

FBs and Wingers to supply the width we would be too light defensively with 2 forward thinking midfielders.

Just hope Willock is over his strop and will put some effort in, he has so much potential but without the right attitude and work rate he'll be just another footballer who let it go waste.

Kakay should be nowhere near this team (except for the bench) to suggest he should be in midfield is crazy talk.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 16:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024