Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What could happen this week? 17:31 - Aug 28 with 15974 viewsichbinnaughty

I know the messages coming from the club via GA are that no further business will happen, but with Premier League squads being (panic) refined as a few crumbs falling off the table for skint Championship clubs to pick on, surely there might be a couple of surprises this week?
A striker, hopefully; and the whereabouts of Tim Iroegnebum (sp.) has been deafeningly silent so far this window so unless I missed him going somewhere I wonder if there’s a chance he might come back again. A midfield trio of Tim + Field + Colback would be decent.
What could happen this week? on 10:05 - Aug 30 with 4390 viewsBAWHoops

What could happen this week? on 11:05 - Aug 29 by daveB

Despite the financial issues i'd be amazed if we don't get someone else in up front

I agree.

You're asking a PL club to loan us a kid to be backup to Dykes... can't see it happening

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

What could happen this week? on 10:41 - Aug 30 with 4235 viewsRs_Holy

What could happen this week? on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 3979 viewsspencer

Reading between the lines - Jimmy Dunne will be back after international break . JCS appears to be back...So a Centre back loan would be out ?
Dykes due back at weekend , with Armstrong and maybe Kolli.. again as a poster has suggested , a premier loan would be out unless they start.

A free no brainer like Chris Martin maybe our only incoming.

Reports from the fans that went to Southampton were encouraging re youngsters... so if no one goes, I'm guessing that Chris Willock will have a blinding last 8 games to up his value in the free market ?

So... no one coming in i guess
What could happen this week? on 12:54 - Aug 30 with 3943 viewsAntti_Heinola

What could happen this week? on 12:09 - Aug 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with everyone that he has a lot of potential, but on many, many occasions last season he showed an inability or unwillingness to tackle, track or mark. Shouldn't have been allowed our team last year, and unless he's had a Damascene conversion he shouldn't be allowed near it again.

Valid criticisms but, Field apart, he was far better than any other midfielder we managed to, er, field. All the comments about not being a team player etc seem ludicrouslty harsh considering his age and the circumstances he was plonked into. I thought he did remarkably well. The likes of Johansen often got a pass from fans for stuff Tim would be crucified for, but, you know, it was ever thus.

Bare bones.

What could happen this week? on 13:12 - Aug 30 with 3811 viewsderbyhoop

The.mood music suggests nothing will change. I don't think there is enough interest in those we'd be prepared to sell. And we haven't got the funds for loan fees or 50% of 30k wages.

Only movement might be 1 or 2 from Dev Squad going out on loan.

The 72 (clickbait, I know) suggesting Hayden, Chris Martin, Ikpeachu or Lyndon Gooch incoming. Bollix. See comments above.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 14:08]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What could happen this week? on 08:55 - Aug 31 with 3299 viewsenfieldargh

What could happen this week? on 06:03 - Aug 29 by QPROslo

I think Tim is quality and was a good loan for us last season and would be a good loan for us again this season if he were fully fit again. But other Championship clubs would offer more for him fit than we could which is probably about Zero unless we sell someone. Agree Dozzell is looking better but SDM though aggressive in the tackle doesn't look good enough with the ball as yet and maybe needs to go out in loan.

I think SDM should be given more game time as he has agression/tackle in his game jst needs to keep a cool haed for his passing.

He's been out on loan and either spent time on the bench getting minimum gametime or been injured.

I feel we maight be better off keeping him here and learning off our coaches and our senior players if we want him to develop.

He can still feature for U23

He's a bit in limbo as he cant hold down a regular first team spot unless we go through a spate of injuries or he's blocking the progress of those below him in U21/U23

I like him, lets hope Colback can mould him into a Collback MKII

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What could happen this week? on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 3277 viewsPhilmyRs

What could happen this week? on 08:55 - Aug 31 by enfieldargh

I think SDM should be given more game time as he has agression/tackle in his game jst needs to keep a cool haed for his passing.

He's been out on loan and either spent time on the bench getting minimum gametime or been injured.

I feel we maight be better off keeping him here and learning off our coaches and our senior players if we want him to develop.

He can still feature for U23

He's a bit in limbo as he cant hold down a regular first team spot unless we go through a spate of injuries or he's blocking the progress of those below him in U21/U23

I like him, lets hope Colback can mould him into a Collback MKII

Did you see SDM's cameo from the bench at the weekend? Looked to me to be totally out his depth. I won't judge him too harshly given it was a short appearance and sometimes tricky getting up to the speed of a game when you're a sub, but his 'in game intelligence' and control of a football during that short period worried me. I'd heard a lot of positive noises about him being this high energy midfielder but my gut instincts tell me if we're relying on him to cover for Field/Collback, we're going to be in serious trouble - hope I'm wrong!
What could happen this week? on 09:33 - Aug 31 with 3165 viewsnix

What could happen this week? on 12:54 - Aug 30 by Antti_Heinola

Valid criticisms but, Field apart, he was far better than any other midfielder we managed to, er, field. All the comments about not being a team player etc seem ludicrouslty harsh considering his age and the circumstances he was plonked into. I thought he did remarkably well. The likes of Johansen often got a pass from fans for stuff Tim would be crucified for, but, you know, it was ever thus.

I didn't give Johansen stick because I thought he looked injured for most of last season and his legs had gone in any case. On the few occasions he was fit, earlier in the season he looked pretty good and influenced the game. I might be wrong about that though, maybe he just couldn't be bothered.

Tim didn't get that much stick but he was called out for going missing during games. That was my irritation with him, for a young guy he didn't get involved enough. I can forgive mistakes but not seeming lack of application.

I imagine we were paying a lot of money for him and I don't think he lived up to the hype as despite some good runs and occasional tackles back he didn't contribute enough. I don't think that's crucifying him, just constructive criticism. The fact that other players were even worse is beside the point. I think he's got loads of potential but for the money and given Beale's supposed contacts and encyclopedic knowledge of young players it wasn't a great loan for us.
Login to get fewer ads

What could happen this week? on 10:06 - Aug 31 with 3052 viewsdmm

What could happen this week? on 09:01 - Aug 31 by PhilmyRs

Did you see SDM's cameo from the bench at the weekend? Looked to me to be totally out his depth. I won't judge him too harshly given it was a short appearance and sometimes tricky getting up to the speed of a game when you're a sub, but his 'in game intelligence' and control of a football during that short period worried me. I'd heard a lot of positive noises about him being this high energy midfielder but my gut instincts tell me if we're relying on him to cover for Field/Collback, we're going to be in serious trouble - hope I'm wrong!

I tend to agree. I was initially impressed with his all action displays, such as v Everton, and I think we all were. But the more I've seen him in games, youngsters and seniors, I've increasingly felt he needs to do more than buzz around the pitch getting a few tackles in. That said, he scored a great set piece goal yesterday playing for the dev team, so he does have some ability with the ball.

He's 22 now so I think this may be his make or break season with QPR.
What could happen this week? on 11:00 - Aug 31 with 2896 viewsQPRConor2000

I think if one of ether Chair or Willock goes then perhaps we might go and get one or two in, but apart from that, I dont see any more business happening.
What could happen this week? on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 2892 viewsaston_hoop

Looks like Ikpeazu is joining Wycombe today so it won't be him. Be nice to get through the day with Field and Chair still in the squad and not a single mention anywhere of Chris Martin's name.

Edit - Also we are looking at Terrence Kongolo from Fulham as a loan apparently. Centre back I think
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 11:04]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

What could happen this week? on 11:08 - Aug 31 with 2855 viewsaston_hoop

What could happen this week? on 11:01 - Aug 31 by aston_hoop

Looks like Ikpeazu is joining Wycombe today so it won't be him. Be nice to get through the day with Field and Chair still in the squad and not a single mention anywhere of Chris Martin's name.

Edit - Also we are looking at Terrence Kongolo from Fulham as a loan apparently. Centre back I think
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 11:04]

Dammit, first Chris Martin reference

https://t.co/CFpT3KeawM

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

What could happen this week? on 11:26 - Aug 31 with 2772 viewsQPRSteve

Am I right in thinking we have have another week after the transfer window closes to complete loan deals or have I made that up?
What could happen this week? on 11:38 - Aug 31 with 2728 views1JD

What could happen this week? on 10:06 - Aug 31 by dmm

I tend to agree. I was initially impressed with his all action displays, such as v Everton, and I think we all were. But the more I've seen him in games, youngsters and seniors, I've increasingly felt he needs to do more than buzz around the pitch getting a few tackles in. That said, he scored a great set piece goal yesterday playing for the dev team, so he does have some ability with the ball.

He's 22 now so I think this may be his make or break season with QPR.

He’s actually just turned 23. In the U21s/B team/U23s or whatever name was in vogue he always used to have a tendency to overplay and try and do too much, often doing good bits, then undoing it all by losing the ball.

I thought he’d improved this watching him in pre season where he played a much more simple game as a CM. But then on Saturday at Southampton he seemed to revert back, losing the ball twice in quick succession having chosen not to release it when he should have. At 23, needs to push on this season.
What could happen this week? on 11:43 - Aug 31 with 2703 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What could happen this week? on 11:08 - Aug 31 by aston_hoop

Dammit, first Chris Martin reference

https://t.co/CFpT3KeawM

He was a sizeable lump when he played for us, so I wonder how long it will take to get him fit.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What could happen this week? on 11:54 - Aug 31 with 2657 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What could happen this week? on 11:43 - Aug 31 by PlanetHonneywood

He was a sizeable lump when he played for us, so I wonder how long it will take to get him fit.

Would be a mystifying signing.
Our upturn in form (stop laughing at the back) has been due to playing mobile and aggressive frontmen. Martin is the polar opposite to that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What could happen this week? on 14:20 - Aug 31 with 2408 viewsterryb

What could happen this week? on 11:26 - Aug 31 by QPRSteve

Am I right in thinking we have have another week after the transfer window closes to complete loan deals or have I made that up?

I'm fairly certain you've made that up Steve!
What could happen this week? on 18:52 - Aug 31 with 2153 viewsQPRConor2000

What could happen this week? on 11:26 - Aug 31 by QPRSteve

No, all deals including loans have to be done tomorrow.

You can still sign free agents though, which could be an option if we do get rid of Willock or Chair in the coming hours.
What could happen this week? on 19:27 - Aug 31 with 2034 viewsPinnerR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66671906 ????
What could happen this week? on 20:16 - Aug 31 with 1899 viewsSuperhoops2808

What could happen this week? on 19:27 - Aug 31 by PinnerR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66671906 ????

Probably not getting paid!!

If you are suggesting him for us then
What could happen this week? on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 1819 viewsderbyhoop

What could happen this week? on 12:47 - Aug 30 by spencer

Reading between the lines - Jimmy Dunne will be back after international break . JCS appears to be back...So a Centre back loan would be out ?
Dykes due back at weekend , with Armstrong and maybe Kolli.. again as a poster has suggested , a premier loan would be out unless they start.

A free no brainer like Chris Martin maybe our only incoming.

Reports from the fans that went to Southampton were encouraging re youngsters... so if no one goes, I'm guessing that Chris Willock will have a blinding last 8 games to up his value in the free market ?

So... no one coming in i guess

I know the comments from GA re Dunne are v positive, the average recovery time from a dislocated shoulder is 12-16 weeks.
If so, he wont be back until end October.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What could happen this week? on 20:41 - Aug 31 with 1762 viewsSuperhoops2808

What could happen this week? on 20:30 - Aug 31 by derbyhoop

I know the comments from GA re Dunne are v positive, the average recovery time from a dislocated shoulder is 12-16 weeks.
If so, he wont be back until end October.

Someone on this board spoke to Dunne at HQ the other week and he said to them 3 weeks
What could happen this week? on 11:11 - Sep 1 with 1415 viewsPinnerR

What could happen this week? on 20:16 - Aug 31 by Superhoops2808

Probably not getting paid!!

If you are suggesting him for us then

God, no, I'm not suggesting him for us, but I wouldn't put it past our management team!
What could happen this week? on 15:48 - Sep 1 with 1168 viewscpgerber

Carroll off to Amiens in France, at least that gives a bit of peace of mind.
What could happen this week? on 15:51 - Sep 1 with 1134 viewsMick_S

What could happen this week? on 15:48 - Sep 1 by cpgerber

Carroll off to Amiens in France, at least that gives a bit of peace of mind.

Thank God for that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024