Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonathan Pearce 10:07 - Aug 15 with 5446 viewsQPRSteve

Was in Australia last week covering the Women's World Cup. I'm sure I hear him commentating on a Premier League game on MOD last Saturday. Now he's back in Australia commentating on the semi-final.

Nice to see the BBC looking after the environment.
Jonathan Pearce on 17:26 - Aug 15 with 739 viewsNewBee

Jonathan Pearce on 10:18 - Aug 15 by ted_hendrix

I watch neither the Womans world cup or MOTD.

I still have to pay £159 per year for a TV Licence.

F uck off

Er, they do broadcast rather more programmes than those two. Plus radio, online, streaming etc.

Oh and you don't have to pay the Licence Fee either, thereby saving you a princely £3 per week.

HTH
Jonathan Pearce on 17:29 - Aug 15 with 730 viewsTGRRRSSS

It will be in a studio one way or another, won't be able to jet back and forth that quick to Australia.

As an aside in football italia days the commentators did it all from UK.

Not sure how long Richardson was out in Italy doing the show and the Saturday thing as well.
Jonathan Pearce on 17:35 - Aug 15 with 723 viewsNewBee

Jonathan Pearce on 15:00 - Aug 15 by Toast_R

In association with Tenant's Pilsner, brewed with Czechoslavkian yeast for that real Pilsner taste...

How many time did he have to repeat that per game?

Might not have been the same beer, but I always remember listening on the car radio to JP opening his commentary to an England game in San Marino with the line:
"And Talksport welcomes you to this World Cup Qualifier between San Marino and England, brought to you by Tenant's Pilsner, brewed with Czechoslavkian yeast for that real Pilsner taste and San Marino have just scored..."
https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/davide-gualtieri-the-sammarinese-who-s

Fair play, he got all that out without even having to draw breath, while I nearly drove onto the pavement with laughing.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 17:37]
Jonathan Pearce on 17:36 - Aug 15 with 714 viewsNewBee

Jonathan Pearce on 17:29 - Aug 15 by TGRRRSSS

It will be in a studio one way or another, won't be able to jet back and forth that quick to Australia.

As an aside in football italia days the commentators did it all from UK.

Not sure how long Richardson was out in Italy doing the show and the Saturday thing as well.

While latterly, Murray Walker did a lot of his F1 commentaries from a BBC studio.

Didn't explain all his gaffes, mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024