Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cup final weekend 08:31 - Jun 1 with 6664 viewsPikey

Used to be a game on the eve of the cup final between England and Young England.
Remember going to highbury in 67 (?) To watch this game with Peter Springett and Rodney playing for young England and I believe Ron Springett in goal for England.
Used to be live on tv as well.
Anyone else remember being pelted by coins from above as the clutch of rs fans started the Rodnee chant.
Cup final weekend on 18:07 - Jun 3 with 1491 viewsPaddyhoops

Cup final weekend on 16:29 - Jun 3 by stowmarketrange

Under the current laws it was a penalty,but it just shows how those in charge have ruined the game by their law changes.
When an attacking team can handball it and it’s given as a goal because it didn’t directly lead to the goal being scored,and they give a penalty for that today it shows the law is an ass.

The laws an ass then.
Cup final weekend on 18:25 - Jun 3 with 1433 viewsloftupper

Cup final weekend on 17:34 - Jun 3 by johnhoop

With me it’s the 2012 game where that appalling cheat Ashley Young conned the gormless Lee Mason into sending Shaun Derry off.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 18:34]

Yep, get all the way up to Manchester paying the ridiculous prices they charge for a seat with no better legroom than loftus Road. Stewards threatening to throw you out for standing up even though the rest of the ground are all standing. They had three players debut that game that each cost more than our whole team and the ref gives them that decision after 20mins. Game over!
Cup final weekend on 19:34 - Jun 3 with 1327 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Cup final weekend on 16:20 - Jun 3 by Bluce_Ree

I find myself hoping Utd lose as they directly lowered the prestige of this cup.

I don't watch Prem football and as such I've not really seen this City team in action but it's quite mad how everyone in the team can place a perfect pass, can receive the ball from the air and control it effortlessly and they all seem to have a trick or a way of getting past a player.

It's weird. I guess that's what money buys you but it's almost a different sport to what I've seen the Rs do.

Putting aside the money available and and the fact they are under investigation this City team is one of the best ever IMO.
Today was one of their worst performances to be honest for a number of reasons but after a grueling season and that massive CL final next Saturday its no shock.
The sheer skill of KDB , Silva, Gundo and the workrate of Stones , Diaz , Rodri is inpressive.
That is not even mentioning the Terminator (EH) who could have scored 3 or more in most games this season.
United came across as the crying whyining bunch of kunts with Fernandez the worst as usual.
The refs did City zero favors and City still pulled it out.
I suspect they will crush Inter Milan next week its long over due
Cup final weekend on 02:13 - Jun 4 with 1138 viewsbob566

It was a penalty. If he'd been jumping in a challenge to win a header and using his arms for leverage. Fair enough. He wasn't. Penalty for me
Cup final weekend on 08:55 - Jun 4 with 1019 viewsJuzzie

Cup final weekend on 19:34 - Jun 3 by CLAREMAN1995

Putting aside the money available and and the fact they are under investigation this City team is one of the best ever IMO.
Today was one of their worst performances to be honest for a number of reasons but after a grueling season and that massive CL final next Saturday its no shock.
The sheer skill of KDB , Silva, Gundo and the workrate of Stones , Diaz , Rodri is inpressive.
That is not even mentioning the Terminator (EH) who could have scored 3 or more in most games this season.
United came across as the crying whyining bunch of kunts with Fernandez the worst as usual.
The refs did City zero favors and City still pulled it out.
I suspect they will crush Inter Milan next week its long over due

Would we feel so accepting if that applied to Chelsea?
Cup final weekend on 09:25 - Jun 4 with 960 viewsBerkoRanger

Thought the first goal was very impressive but who wants direct Gazball?.....
I think the only way the penalty handball argument will be solved is if the law is changed so ANY handball (deliberate or otherwise) is a penalty. That would mean, however, 3 or 4 pens per game and stop / starting increased for VAR checks.
Although I thought the better team won, I personally can't stand City's play from the back style. They were dangerously close to giving the ball away in their area a few times.
Cup final weekend on 12:53 - Jun 4 with 871 viewsfrancisbowles

Cup final weekend on 09:25 - Jun 4 by BerkoRanger

Thought the first goal was very impressive but who wants direct Gazball?.....
I think the only way the penalty handball argument will be solved is if the law is changed so ANY handball (deliberate or otherwise) is a penalty. That would mean, however, 3 or 4 pens per game and stop / starting increased for VAR checks.
Although I thought the better team won, I personally can't stand City's play from the back style. They were dangerously close to giving the ball away in their area a few times.

It used to be that to be penalised for handball, it had to be deliberate. The referee decides. It worked perfectly well for about 100 years!
Cup final weekend on 14:23 - Jun 4 with 820 viewsBluce_Ree

Cup final weekend on 08:55 - Jun 4 by Juzzie

Would we feel so accepting if that applied to Chelsea?

What's your point? I mean its entirely unacceptable that Chelsea are allowed to exist in any form.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

Cup final weekend on 13:59 - Jun 5 with 717 viewsR_from_afar

I was eight years old when Leeds played Sunderland in the final in 1973 and as you no doubt know, underdogs Sunderland won the game and at the final whistle, their manager, Bob Stokoe, ran around the pitch, delirious with joy.

One of my best mates - possibly a glory hunter rather than someone who had always supported Leeds - stuck a huge Leeds banner in his bedroom window in the run-up to the game. That banner disappeared very swiftly indeed once the final whistle went.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cup final weekend on 16:02 - Jun 5 with 679 viewsterryb

Cup final weekend on 13:59 - Jun 5 by R_from_afar

I was eight years old when Leeds played Sunderland in the final in 1973 and as you no doubt know, underdogs Sunderland won the game and at the final whistle, their manager, Bob Stokoe, ran around the pitch, delirious with joy.

One of my best mates - possibly a glory hunter rather than someone who had always supported Leeds - stuck a huge Leeds banner in his bedroom window in the run-up to the game. That banner disappeared very swiftly indeed once the final whistle went.

And then they lost the league in their final game at Wolves on the Tuesday!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024