Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One inexplicable moment today 20:53 - Mar 4 with 6220 views_tf_

Just got back. Should be more angry than I am.

What can you say, because the team that played today tried, it's just that they're not very good, and in some respects are becoming worse.

A few positives - Drewe looked composed and in the first half especially made a few decent passes. His first unforced error of the second half was because the ball took a bad bobble and it was good to see a few other players geeing him up. Throw-in will be handy for the rest of the year... Armstrong made an immediate impression when he came on and even if he is only good for 60 (raw) minutes I'd be starting him. His pace is frightening. Finally, we played better over the 90 than of late. Had Johansen's volley not been kept out by what from the away end looked like an incredible save then who knows?

But that's it. As much as I love and appreciate Kakay's effort and application, he is currently not defending to a standard that is anywhere near what is required. Neither is Dickie. Both of them need some time away to either improve or regain confidence. I am still trying to process how our defence managed to let Hugill score the first. Awful, and another three goals shipped.

Did anyone else see this? In about the 75th minute, and about ten minutes into his game, Richards was in the absolute middle of a passage of play where the ball was bouncing around between possession. It was about five yards from him. And he suddenly stopped playing and started to tie his laces. And then started feeling his ankle. And then carried on as if nothing had happened, whilst Rotherham charged up field, thank you very much. What is going on with him?

Fair play to the Millers, good ground, good result for them but jaysus, we made them look like Brazil at times.

This is a very bad QPR team, we are in trouble.
One inexplicable moment today on 09:54 - Mar 5 with 1228 viewsOldPedro

One inexplicable moment today on 09:49 - Mar 5 by distortR

Kakay, I like him in as an honest player. but he's been 'wrong side' of his man throughout his career. I don't get it.

I wonder if the modern obsession with full backs / wing backs being able to push on and supply crosses etc means that too little focus is put on the basic art of defending. Laird for example is good going forward but not great in defensive situations.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

One inexplicable moment today on 10:12 - Mar 5 with 1167 viewsLanhoop

Going back to the OP, I wonder if it was more than just tying laces? If it was just laces he'd surely have carried on a bit. Maybe his boot was trodden on at the back and wasnt properly on his foot and so he couldn't do anything?
One inexplicable moment today on 10:28 - Mar 5 with 1141 viewssevenhoop

One inexplicable moment today on 23:08 - Mar 4 by DieByYourSide

Agree would like to see TR get more minutes. Looking positive and playing forwards, still think he could offer something.

No he shouldn’t. He’s out there for himself, trying when he feels like it, couldn’t give a shit (how can you ever ever forgive a player who does that in the middle of a vital game?) and epitomises everything that can be wrong with a loan player.. Laird the same, Tim the same, they just don’t care and that will (and has) run through a team quicker that a spate of the trots.
One inexplicable moment today on 10:32 - Mar 5 with 1125 viewssevenhoop

One inexplicable moment today on 10:28 - Mar 5 by sevenhoop

No he shouldn’t. He’s out there for himself, trying when he feels like it, couldn’t give a shit (how can you ever ever forgive a player who does that in the middle of a vital game?) and epitomises everything that can be wrong with a loan player.. Laird the same, Tim the same, they just don’t care and that will (and has) run through a team quicker that a spate of the trots.

Oh, and you can add Lowe to that lot too, much better than he’s showing and doesn’t care
One inexplicable moment today on 10:44 - Mar 5 with 1085 viewsParkRoyalR

One inexplicable moment today on 10:28 - Mar 5 by sevenhoop

Sorry, wrong on Richards, if he did'nt care he would'nt have come over on full-time and fronted up to a group of irate fans who were (unfairly yesterday imo) berating the players,

If he did'nt care he would have walked straight off, but walked half the length of the pitch to thank the travelling support and then walked to the front of the stand to face up to the fans who were giving the players grief.

Only player who had the confidence and courage to get the ball down and play football yesterday, this courage will be needed in the next few weeks, rather than the others just kicking the ball away as far from themselves as they could, including players like SJ who should be leading by example.
One inexplicable moment today on 10:51 - Mar 5 with 1055 viewsstevec

One inexplicable moment today on 10:44 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

Sorry, wrong on Richards, if he did'nt care he would'nt have come over on full-time and fronted up to a group of irate fans who were (unfairly yesterday imo) berating the players,

If he did'nt care he would have walked straight off, but walked half the length of the pitch to thank the travelling support and then walked to the front of the stand to face up to the fans who were giving the players grief.

Only player who had the confidence and courage to get the ball down and play football yesterday, this courage will be needed in the next few weeks, rather than the others just kicking the ball away as far from themselves as they could, including players like SJ who should be leading by example.

That’s fair enough, I’m just happy to know he exists.

Looking forward to seeing him out there against Watford.
One inexplicable moment today on 11:02 - Mar 5 with 1011 viewsdavman

One inexplicable moment today on 08:56 - Mar 5 by dmm

I'm still mulling over yesterday's change to direct long ball because I don't think we did it well at all. We don't look good at a possession and passing style at the moment either but that's what the players have been drilled in for the past 3/4 years.

Maybe it was just to try and play Rotherham at their own game. Maybe it was because our best ball players are injured. But, I'd be worried if we stick with it. I'm not against a long ball game per se but I don't think we have a squad that can make it work.

It was the right thing to do even if we do not have the personnel. There was less giving the ball back to the opposition from goal kicks and more controlled "hoofing".

If he can get the defence going (which is the hardest job looking at Dunne and Dickie at the moment), it will at least mean that we do not have to keep watching Dickie > Dunne > Dieng > Dunne > Dickie > Kakay > Dickie > Dunne > Whoever can be arsed to play left back > Dunne > Dieng > Whoever can be arsed to play left back > Dunne > Dickie > Dunne > Dickie > Hoof down the line for a throw in to the opposition.

As others have said, keep the direct game, put Field back in as a Left CB, Dickie RCB Dunne in the middle. We have GOT to find a way to keep a clean sheet - don't conceded, minimum of 1 point.

Flippin' heck - even keeping 'em down to one might give us a chance.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

One inexplicable moment today on 11:04 - Mar 5 with 1010 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One inexplicable moment today on 10:44 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

I saw that. Mostly a young crowd wasn’t it.

Bloke in his 40s had to be held back by his 14 year old daughter where I was. Remaining 90% of fans seemed cheesed off but didn’t abuse. A lot of reluctant claps.
Login to get fewer ads

One inexplicable moment today on 13:39 - Mar 5 with 842 viewssevenhoop

One inexplicable moment today on 11:02 - Mar 5 by davman

It was the right thing to do even if we do not have the personnel. There was less giving the ball back to the opposition from goal kicks and more controlled "hoofing".

If he can get the defence going (which is the hardest job looking at Dunne and Dickie at the moment), it will at least mean that we do not have to keep watching Dickie > Dunne > Dieng > Dunne > Dickie > Kakay > Dickie > Dunne > Whoever can be arsed to play left back > Dunne > Dieng > Whoever can be arsed to play left back > Dunne > Dickie > Dunne > Dickie > Hoof down the line for a throw in to the opposition.

As others have said, keep the direct game, put Field back in as a Left CB, Dickie RCB Dunne in the middle. We have GOT to find a way to keep a clean sheet - don't conceded, minimum of 1 point.

Flippin' heck - even keeping 'em down to one might give us a chance.

Sorry but do you not remember what an unmitigated disaster Field was for the game (and probably not all of it, as I think he was moved/hauled off) at the Bush last season?!
One inexplicable moment today on 13:47 - Mar 5 with 811 viewsNorthernr

One inexplicable moment today on 11:04 - Mar 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I saw that. Mostly a young crowd wasn’t it.

Bloke in his 40s had to be held back by his 14 year old daughter where I was. Remaining 90% of fans seemed cheesed off but didn’t abuse. A lot of reluctant claps.

I just cannot believe people still stand there and clap them off. I'm not advocating abuse, but what exactly are you applauding? Thanks for shitting in my mouth again lads, see you Tuesday.
One inexplicable moment today on 14:00 - Mar 5 with 760 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One inexplicable moment today on 13:47 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I just cannot believe people still stand there and clap them off. I'm not advocating abuse, but what exactly are you applauding? Thanks for shitting in my mouth again lads, see you Tuesday.

Was more for approaching the away end I think, rather than a comment on performance.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 14:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024