Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millers Tale Match Thread 10:55 - Mar 3 with 54902 viewscolinallcars

Maybe if I start a rare one, It'll change our luck ?
This “group” has had a whole week with Gareth, so I reckon we'll get something.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 4 with 3275 viewsJimmyR

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:13 - Mar 4 by distortR

It's partly about systems and how players play off each other, we know Dickie-Dunne doesn't work, they know it, but a raft of disastrous signings and an underwhelming youth set up has left us with no options. So their confidence takes hit after hit - Dunne certainly isn't without his faults, either. Tim letting players run off him for fun. Richards bloody shoe laces. Lowe looks largely disinterested, no-one makes a near-post/far-post run. A number of players who can't last 90 minutes. What a mess.

It’s the most dispiriting loss so far for me, which is odd as there was more effort today I felt

But we still let three in and fing lost. On 15 mins for the 1st goal, if you aren’t going to mark the one attacking player that can receive a cross when you’ve a man spare then maybe don’t even bother running back. Just watch and point as play goes on around you? What’s the point!

Probably won’t bother watching for the rest of the season
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 4 with 3258 viewsjohnhoop

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:09 - Mar 4 by Paddyhoops

Alternative bank four . Laird Paal JSC and Belagon. It would help if there weren’t all half dead.
Predictable result. Thank god the bottom three are so utterly shocking!

Half dead or in hiding.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 4 with 3259 viewsterryb

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:13 - Mar 4 by distortR

It's partly about systems and how players play off each other, we know Dickie-Dunne doesn't work, they know it, but a raft of disastrous signings and an underwhelming youth set up has left us with no options. So their confidence takes hit after hit - Dunne certainly isn't without his faults, either. Tim letting players run off him for fun. Richards bloody shoe laces. Lowe looks largely disinterested, no-one makes a near-post/far-post run. A number of players who can't last 90 minutes. What a mess.

Of course we have options.

Either play 3 at the back or replace Dickie with Gubbins. Either would be better than playing Dickie & Dunne
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 4 with 3249 viewsQPR_John

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:09 - Mar 4 by Paddyhoops

Alternative bank four . Laird Paal JSC and Belagon. It would help if there weren’t all half dead.
Predictable result. Thank god the bottom three are so utterly shocking!

You name arguably our first team back 4 add that that to missing our front three and that’s 7 from the first team. No excuses but that’s a massive hole
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:27 - Mar 4 with 3157 viewsjoolsyp

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 4 by terryb

Of course we have options.

Either play 3 at the back or replace Dickie with Gubbins. Either would be better than playing Dickie & Dunne

Who would be your back three? Dunne, Kakay and ?
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:27 - Mar 4 with 3143 viewsjoe90

Millers Tale Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 4 by Rs_Holy

3-1 … we always lose 3-1…. We always lose 3-1… we always lose 3-1

Hate to be that guy, but we actually lost 3-0 to Sunderland, so we don’t ‘always’ lose 3-1.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:32 - Mar 4 with 3034 viewsjoe90

We must have forgotten to do the haka at half time.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:33 - Mar 4 with 3001 viewspaulparker

I cannot wait until this board , Ramsey, Les. and the rest of his mates fcuk off from this once great football club
An utter cancer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:37 - Mar 4 with 2913 viewsthemodfather

the slump carries on six conceded and just 2 scored for us
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:37 - Mar 4 with 2908 viewsLblock

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:33 - Mar 4 by paulparker

I cannot wait until this board , Ramsey, Les. and the rest of his mates fcuk off from this once great football club
An utter cancer

I'm convinced this club has been used to siphon money out of the Far East by the utter charlatans in charge.
How else can we be losing £2mill a month yet serving up utter dross for years?

Still..... Bungle is a really nice fella and his heart is in the right place.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 4 with 2858 viewsterryb

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:27 - Mar 4 by joolsyp

Who would be your back three? Dunne, Kakay and ?

Gubbins.

The question is whether you kept Dickie in the side to see how he performed in a three.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:42 - Mar 4 with 2796 viewspaulparker

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:37 - Mar 4 by Lblock

I'm convinced this club has been used to siphon money out of the Far East by the utter charlatans in charge.
How else can we be losing £2mill a month yet serving up utter dross for years?

Still..... Bungle is a really nice fella and his heart is in the right place.

Don’t worry Lblock the fan base will just shrug its shoulders and say they are the best owners owners ever
These morons will let the club piss In their mouths rather than admit they are rotten to the core
Sack the lot of them the club is dead anyway

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 4 with 2792 viewsQPROslo

That looked the weakest looking team, and was the worst I've seen us play all this season, at least.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:58 - Mar 4 with 2580 viewsStoicHoop

Was at the game and feel bereft. This is the worst team I’ve seen and I’ve been going since the 70s. Half the players don’t want to be there and half are not up to this standard. We have no one who can score and watching Dickie play right now - who I felt was responsible for all 3 goals - was really painful. He’s shot. It’s cruel really.

The fans were good today, though, our anger has dissipated to gallows humour. We all knew Hugill would score. But there was still some good singing. And it was absolutely freezing.

13 years of Tory government has not treated the town of Rotherham at all well. The area’s a wasteland. I almost didn’t begrudge them their win given our utterly gutless performance.

I just pray that Gareth, who was bouncing up and down on the touch line can steal a couple of wins from somewhere, keep us up and get shot of many of these ‘players’

It was nice seeing Drewe - who looks uncannily like Chair - start
Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:58 - Mar 4 with 2572 viewsManinBlack

Really seems to be no hope for us. Two consecutive away games we get a late goal only to concede a third very quickly. If we let a goal in from two up it would probably finish 2-2 but in our case getting a goal back means we just concede a third. Hopeless.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:00 - Mar 4 with 2548 viewsWestbourneR

I find it odd we haven’t reverted back to the back three long ago. I’m not a fan but it’s the only formation that makes Dickie and viable centre back at this level.

We need to stop conceding.

When we were sliding away Warbs switched to a three and it turned the tide.

Otherwise we are 100% going down

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:02 - Mar 4 with 2532 viewsPaddyhoops

Seen the goals. Abysmal defending for everyone of them.
If Clive gives Dickie a two for this. I’ll be surprised .
The demise of a once fine player is shocking.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:03 - Mar 4 with 2526 viewsjoolsyp

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 4 by terryb

Gubbins.

The question is whether you kept Dickie in the side to see how he performed in a three.

Well, I suppose he's worth a try (left-footed?). Has he ever started a game in the Championship though? Throwing him into a relegation battle may make him or break him. Oh for Conor Masterson! (never thought I would say that).
Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:03 - Mar 4 with 2510 viewsRs_Holy

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 4 by QPROslo

That looked the weakest looking team, and was the worst I've seen us play all this season, at least.

got to feel for Gareth Ainsworth, he had a job for life at Wycombe... From what I saw on a stream the players are only giving 70-80%... criminal really. He and the Critch deserve better from people 'earning' thousands of pounds of week.

Massive rebuild. in the summer... almost certainly in League One
Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:04 - Mar 4 with 2500 viewsAntti_Heinola

Looked at the team before the game and it looked the wrost side we've fielded since we went down in 99, so not in the least surprised.
Arguably we have 8 first choice players out, sadly the character of at least 3 of those (I'm not counting Roberts in the 8) is severely lacking, and the others are crocked. But the damage has already been done.
How devastating relegation will be to this club doesn't bear thinking about, and even if we didn't go down this season, we'd go down next season. Barring one period under Beale we've been the worst side in the league for 13 months.

I remember last time we went down Rodney Marsh shot his mouth off saying we'd end up in what was then the Conference. That doesn't feel outlandish to me at the moment.

Bare bones.

Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:22 - Mar 4 with 2291 viewsDamo1962

Millers Tale Match Thread on 17:32 - Mar 4 by joe90

We must have forgotten to do the haka at half time.

We know how to do Kaka on the pitch though 🤔
Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:32 - Mar 4 with 2233 viewsjoe90

Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:04 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

Looked at the team before the game and it looked the wrost side we've fielded since we went down in 99, so not in the least surprised.
Arguably we have 8 first choice players out, sadly the character of at least 3 of those (I'm not counting Roberts in the 8) is severely lacking, and the others are crocked. But the damage has already been done.
How devastating relegation will be to this club doesn't bear thinking about, and even if we didn't go down this season, we'd go down next season. Barring one period under Beale we've been the worst side in the league for 13 months.

I remember last time we went down Rodney Marsh shot his mouth off saying we'd end up in what was then the Conference. That doesn't feel outlandish to me at the moment.

I mentioned us going down on another thread.

The thing is, since we’ve come down from the PL this is the first time I’ve looked at the team and thought we have nothing to offer. We’ve been bad, don’t get me wrong, but we’ve not IMO deserved to go down. This time we do.

I can’t see what would be different next season if we stay up. I feel like we’re prolonging the inevitable. People say it will be a disaster, but we’ve got to look at clubs like Rotherham, Wigan, Barnsley, Millwall etc not Ipswich, Derby, Wednesday, Charlton. We need to think differently.
Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:57 - Mar 4 with 2028 viewsR_from_afar

Another depressing result. They just keep coming, it’s relentless.

One thing that I need to say and that I think everyone will agree with is that the mad fools who go to our games, especially the away games, deserve our utmost respect

The players should be coming round your houses on their days off and cleaning your shoes, doing your ironing, creosoting your fences, mowing your lawns.

Trouble is they’d probably even bollox those jobs up, then claim they’d dislocated an eyelash.

They are shocking
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 19:02]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:57 - Mar 4 with 2006 viewsDamo1962

Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:32 - Mar 4 by joe90

I mentioned us going down on another thread.

The thing is, since we’ve come down from the PL this is the first time I’ve looked at the team and thought we have nothing to offer. We’ve been bad, don’t get me wrong, but we’ve not IMO deserved to go down. This time we do.

I can’t see what would be different next season if we stay up. I feel like we’re prolonging the inevitable. People say it will be a disaster, but we’ve got to look at clubs like Rotherham, Wigan, Barnsley, Millwall etc not Ipswich, Derby, Wednesday, Charlton. We need to think differently.

We need to emulate today's opponents. They have mastered the going down, coming straight back thing 🙂
Millers Tale Match Thread on 19:00 - Mar 4 with 1972 viewsDamo1962

Millers Tale Match Thread on 18:57 - Mar 4 by R_from_afar

Another depressing result. They just keep coming, it’s relentless.

One thing that I need to say and that I think everyone will agree with is that the mad fools who go to our games, especially the away games, deserve our utmost respect

The players should be coming round your houses on their days off and cleaning your shoes, doing your ironing, creosoting your fences, mowing your lawns.

Trouble is they’d probably even bollox those jobs up, then claim they’d dislocated an eyelash.

They are shocking
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 19:02]

Too bloody right. Heroes one and all. Let's all have a hug 🙂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024