Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 144669 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:32 - Jan 10 with 6185 viewsdontknowitall

I notice that our old friend from Feltham Steven Caulker has just signed for Wigan. It seems a very long time ago that he was with us earning more in a week than most earn in a year.
What a signing he turned out to be....
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:35 - Jan 10 with 5824 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

January Transfer Window Rumours on 01:00 - Jan 10 by Northernr

IMO the people in the first three or four rows of the Upper Loft have had it too easy for too long.

I sit 5 rows back in the Upper Loft right where they do the shooting warmup before the game. You couldn't take your eyes off them practising shooting if Hugill was playing for fear of getting the ball smacked in your face by him.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:01 - Jan 10 with 5675 viewsngbqpr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:32 - Jan 10 by dontknowitall

I notice that our old friend from Feltham Steven Caulker has just signed for Wigan. It seems a very long time ago that he was with us earning more in a week than most earn in a year.
What a signing he turned out to be....

What a signing he turned out to be
Loaded all the time, then he ran off home for his tea,
Left the Rangers like a guilty schoolboy...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:04 - Jan 10 with 5651 viewsDannyPaddox

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:01 - Jan 10 by ngbqpr

What a signing he turned out to be
Loaded all the time, then he ran off home for his tea,
Left the Rangers like a guilty schoolboy...

Eating Trifles! Eating Trifles!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 5565 viewsRanger_1969

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:13 - Jan 10 by gazza1

1 - I am not keen on Hugill.
2 - What is LD strengths??? please
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 9:15]

IMHO Lyndon Dykes strength is his aerial ability. He wins his fair share of heading duels, he is good at laying the ball off to others (unfortunately he is often isolated and therefore these flicks and lay offs end up going astray). In other words he is a good target man, his movement in the box could/should be better and also his finishing.

He is far from an all round striker, but to play to his strengths would mean getting early crosses into the box (witness his goals particularly v Reading last season) and getting a second striker around him for the 'knock-downs' (easier said than done I know).

To be honest I don't think Hugill would be an upgrade - more a sideways move.

All this criticism of Dykes reminds me of how Mick Leach used to cop a load of stick back in the day. There was a forward, much appreciated by his team mates even though his strike record was something like 60 goals in 300 games!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:29 - Jan 10 with 5465 viewsNorthantsHoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:54 - Jan 10 by Monkey_Roots

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fresh-update-emerges-regarding-qprs-transfer-p

Jamal Lowe - Now we’re the front runners apparently.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 10:55]

Like to get him, be an improvement on what we have got. Need to think about getting money from at least one from Chair, Willock and Dykes in this window. Time for the Critchley re-build to start, lost faith in the whole lot of our players, other than Field and Dieng at the moment.
No point being attached to any of this team as they are seriously letting us down. It is abysmal no home wins since Wigan and only 4 goals scored since that game, totally unacceptable in my view.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:35 - Jan 10 with 5194 viewsngbqpr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:04 - Jan 10 by DannyPaddox

Eating Trifles! Eating Trifles!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:46 - Jan 10 with 5100 viewsSonofpugwash

Oh yeah,another winger is just what we need.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:19 - Jan 10 with 4770 viewsdmm

Only Adomah and Shodipo are actual wingers in the squad and neither gets much game time.

I'm pretty sure Jamal Lowe has played more games in the Championship as a striker than as a winger. It may be Critchley wants better service out wide to Dykes and if he was played as a winger Lowe may be able to provide that. However, if we're looking for a goal getter, Lowe's goal to games ratio is lower than Dykes.

All that said, with our limited resources Lowe is probably the best we can hope for.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:28 - Jan 10 with 4712 viewsCateLeBonR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:19 - Jan 10 by dmm

Only Adomah and Shodipo are actual wingers in the squad and neither gets much game time.

I'm pretty sure Jamal Lowe has played more games in the Championship as a striker than as a winger. It may be Critchley wants better service out wide to Dykes and if he was played as a winger Lowe may be able to provide that. However, if we're looking for a goal getter, Lowe's goal to games ratio is lower than Dykes.

All that said, with our limited resources Lowe is probably the best we can hope for.

Typical QPR.

Aim high. Get Lowe.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:05 - Jan 10 with 4116 viewsMonkey_Roots

Being linked with midfielder Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool - the Critchley factor?

Probably bollox but I read it on Twitter, and feel compelled to share.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:33 - Jan 10 with 4056 viewsPunteR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:05 - Jan 10 by Monkey_Roots

Being linked with midfielder Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool - the Critchley factor?

Probably bollox but I read it on Twitter, and feel compelled to share.

This is probably one of those that the manager knows, and gives Belk a heads up. Just so happens he's already on the list and got identified in 2019, which is handy. He then checks all the stats and gives the thumbs up , thats good enough for Ferdinand. Ferdinand then pops into Hoos's office to ask for some money, Hoos gives Bhatia a call to release some money, Bhatia then asks his father in law for the money, who then calls a Zoom meeting with the rest of the board who all decide they can't afford it so they have to find someone cheaper. Hoos then pops back into Ferdinands office to give him the news, who then goes and tells Critchley we can't afford him so use one of our academy players instead.
Something like that. ?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 23:41]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:49 - Jan 11 with 3788 viewsdmm

I don't know Leighton Clarkson from Jeremy but, if our interest is true, it suggests dissatisfaction with our CM; Amos or Dozzell perhaps?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:32 - Jan 11 with 3627 viewstraininvain

Can’t help but think that another academy loan signing is unlikely to solve our lack of on pitch leaders issue.

Johansen’s return should help though, if he can stay fit (big if!). Our performances with him in the team vs without add more weight to the lack of leaders theory.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:32 - Jan 11 with 3426 viewsDieByYourSide

January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:49 - Jan 11 by dmm

I don't know Leighton Clarkson from Jeremy but, if our interest is true, it suggests dissatisfaction with our CM; Amos or Dozzell perhaps?

5 in 19 for Aberdeen this season.

A goalscoring midfielder? No thanks.

Poll: And it's hi ho

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:43 - Jan 11 with 3354 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:49 - Jan 11 by dmm

Might mean they are going to end Tims loan and use the loans for another forward
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:54 - Jan 11 with 3299 viewsMonkey_Roots

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:43 - Jan 11 by daveB

Might mean they are going to end Tims loan and use the loans for another forward

Surely if they bring in Clarkson though, its just swapping Loan Tim for Loan Clarkson?

Or am I being thick?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:00 - Jan 11 with 3266 viewsMonkey_Roots

It could also be an indication that Chair or Willock are off?

Pure non-informed speculation of course.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:05 - Jan 11 with 3215 viewsderbyhoop

We've already got 4 loanees. We can add 1 more, which if rumours are to be believed, is more likely to be Lowe.
Unless we/loaning club terminate an existing loan.

Reading already have 5 loanees and a transfer embargo, so any interest in Clarkson is moot.

WBA have attacking midfielders he would need to get ahead of.

Suspect Clarkson is a bit of clickbait.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:27 - Jan 11 with 3112 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:54 - Jan 11 by Monkey_Roots

Surely if they bring in Clarkson though, its just swapping Loan Tim for Loan Clarkson?

Or am I being thick?

I didn't read the link I assumed they were buying this Clarkson fella.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:43 - Jan 11 with 3031 viewsdmm

As I understand it, a club can have any amount of loans but can only have 5 in a matchday squad. Or have I got that wrong? The 25 player max squad includes loans of any age.

Clarkson seems to have been more of a DCM than ACM before his current loan at Aberdeen but he's obviously been successfully used further forward there.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:33 - Jan 11 with 2862 viewsMonkey_Roots

Another Twitter rumour...

So, striker Liam Delap may be being recalled by Man City from his loan at Stoke... to be loaned out to another Championship outfit.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:14 - Jan 11 with 2656 viewsHunterhoop

I’d really rather we stopped loans entirely and focused on signing the right players. I know they may be of less quality, but they will likely be more committed as we are their career and livelihood, not just a station on their journey. Permanent signings have their success bound up with the club, their employer; loanees do not.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:19 - Jan 11 with 2616 viewsMonkey_Roots

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:14 - Jan 11 by Hunterhoop

I’d really rather we stopped loans entirely and focused on signing the right players. I know they may be of less quality, but they will likely be more committed as we are their career and livelihood, not just a station on their journey. Permanent signings have their success bound up with the club, their employer; loanees do not.

For now though with FFP, we don't have any money to sign players until we sell.

So loans looks likely for the foreseeable.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:33 - Jan 11 with 2518 viewsRangersw12

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:19 - Jan 11 by Monkey_Roots

For now though with FFP, we don't have any money to sign players until we sell.

So loans looks likely for the foreseeable.

Loans aren't cheap either though

We just need to get through with what we have until the end of the season imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024