Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your best ever qpr game... 23:34 - Aug 3 with 7366 viewsqpr_1968

for what ever reason, home or away.
the match....pre or post, it doesnt matter.

mine....cologne away, 1976, bad result, brilliant outcome, great 3 days.
springbok, to where ever, where ever to zeebrugge, zeebrugge all the way to cologne.
ferry and coach by the way.
some hairy moments in and around the ground, but a great journey.

wished i had gone to athens next round, even though we lost.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Your best ever qpr game... on 11:19 - Aug 4 with 1440 viewsTomS

The one that stands out for me is the final game of the Premiership season in 2012, when we played Citeh. We lost, but the memories will stay with me forever.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket and flew over for the match. I have never experienced such emotional turmoil from the end of the first half, when we realised Bolton had overtaken us, to the final whistle. I went from utter depression, to hope when Cisse scored, through fraught nerves, to anger and frustration at Barton's antics, to elation when Mackie scored, fraught nerves again as I knew I was going to experience the longest half hour of my life. Then gradually becoming comfortable and confident as the team held out. There were even a few Oles as the team strung around four passes together close to the away end. We knew from the guys with radios around us that the team were safe just before the Aguero goal, so joined in the celebration. It also ensured a safe passage when leaving the ground.

I was left with a huge sense of pride, and knew I'd never experience anything like that again.
Your best ever qpr game... on 11:24 - Aug 4 with 1422 viewsRs_Holy

Home - Oldham Playoff Semi
Away - Hillsborough promotion game
Your best ever qpr game... on 11:52 - Aug 4 with 1367 viewshubble

I'll go with the Hillsborough promotion too as my best ever away game and the 6-0 v Palace as my home game. Obviously we needed to win that to stay up, and everyone was super-hyped for the game.

I remember it being a hot day and I can't forget that my mate who was meant to get our tickets (I was away) had forgotten about it. I went to the ground but we were almost sold out and the only tickets left were for season ticket holders only or something. Touts outside were selling a few for sixty quid and I didn't have that, so I legged it to the Bushranger, arrived covered in sweat and begged for tickets, but none were available. Then I was given someone's details that I was assured would get me in. I legged it back to the ground, queued for ages, right up to kick-off, when I was finally admitted to the box office. I had memorised this bloke's DOB and postcode, said I was him and lo and behold, I think I got the very last ticket in the ground, which was in that little section in the corner of the Loft with 'limited views', HU is it?

The rest was all one joyful blur, on the pitch afterwards and then back down the BR. Happy days.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Your best ever qpr game... on 12:13 - Aug 4 with 1334 viewsblavod

Both cup quarterfinals:

Home - FA Cup v Palace in 1982 - packed boisterous crowd, late winner, and pitch invasion

Away - Milk Cup Replay @Chelsea in 1986 - celebrated in the top tier of the main stand and lived to tell the tale
Your best ever qpr game... on 12:28 - Aug 4 with 1306 viewsWirralHoop

Old Trafford. New Years Day 92

Dennis Bailey.

No idea how we didn't score more.

Happy New year.
Your best ever qpr game... on 13:38 - Aug 4 with 1193 viewsLblock

I’m surprised nobody seems to have mentioned the return of playing the scum at home kin a League game after so, so very long.
It was electric that day - the hatred was palpable and who could forget Juan Kerr Matta wimping out of taking a corner down by the loft and Ellerslie???
Beating them after years (decades) and ending their unbeaten run was so sweet and it really was a fantastic day all round.

Oldham is the obvious one but there are loads.

Away games - not so many for the games but the whole away experience I again have loads.
So many weekends when if we played anyone past Birmingham we’d do a minibus and use it as an excuse to stay in Blackpool.
Some great days punctuated by terrible performances.
If I had to pick one away game it would be Sheff Weds away sealing runners up and promotion. A fantastic day, great display by the team, brilliant result leading to an excellent prize and it was back when the club and fans just seemed as one. Tremendous scenes back in London when we got home with a day of booze (etc) consumption that would rival anything I could think of. I’ll always love Ollie for those days.
Footnote - always hated Sheff Weds since that day. What a bunch of vvankers their fans were, I hope they remain cursed in League One or lower forever

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Your best ever qpr game... on 13:45 - Aug 4 with 1191 viewsHoopstar

It definitely has to be the Oldham play off semi-final for me to echo many on here. I'm 35 now and most my QPR supporting life had seen us getting progressively worse and closer and closer to extinction. As a 15 year old it was one of my first experiences of how electric the ground could be and was the start of our rebuild and all the ups, downs and plods of the last twelve years.

A game that always sits fondly in my memory though was the QPR Wycome game in December 2001, that was a bloody cold day but the combination of an entertaining game and the American marching band learning and playing along with our songs from the lower loft made for a great day out. Clive did a great write up of it a couple of years ago in a preview article. Loved that game.
Your best ever qpr game... on 13:45 - Aug 4 with 1190 viewshantssi

Your best ever qpr game... on 13:38 - Aug 4 by Lblock

I’m surprised nobody seems to have mentioned the return of playing the scum at home kin a League game after so, so very long.
It was electric that day - the hatred was palpable and who could forget Juan Kerr Matta wimping out of taking a corner down by the loft and Ellerslie???
Beating them after years (decades) and ending their unbeaten run was so sweet and it really was a fantastic day all round.

Oldham is the obvious one but there are loads.

Away games - not so many for the games but the whole away experience I again have loads.
So many weekends when if we played anyone past Birmingham we’d do a minibus and use it as an excuse to stay in Blackpool.
Some great days punctuated by terrible performances.
If I had to pick one away game it would be Sheff Weds away sealing runners up and promotion. A fantastic day, great display by the team, brilliant result leading to an excellent prize and it was back when the club and fans just seemed as one. Tremendous scenes back in London when we got home with a day of booze (etc) consumption that would rival anything I could think of. I’ll always love Ollie for those days.
Footnote - always hated Sheff Weds since that day. What a bunch of vvankers their fans were, I hope they remain cursed in League One or lower forever

As many others, Oldham, we were back, never been in atmosphere like it, except..
Leeds 76, we’d actually arrived (for a few weeks!), nearly 35K squeezed into the ground!
Login to get fewer ads

Your best ever qpr game... on 13:47 - Aug 4 with 1176 viewsEsox_Lucius

Toss up for me between the 1967 Cup final or the away game at Villa where we were promoted to the 1st division for the 1st time in our history.

The grass is always greener.

Your best ever qpr game... on 14:01 - Aug 4 with 1156 viewsR_from_afar

The Zamora game and the Oldham one were amazing but I always remember this one fondly: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057936/QPR-2-Manchester-City

There used to be a YouTube video of it but it's either gone or is nigh impossible to find because searches always bring up the Aguero game.

That was the most hostile atmosphere I have ever seen us create, Loftus Road was a seething cauldron of noise and the invective aimed at the City players when they had the ball was incredible.

The pundits didn't give us a hope but we came within the width of the post of getting a point and Dzeko said afterwards that it was the hardest game of the season up to that point.

To be fair to City, although we battered them, the quality of their football was breathtaking, especially the goal they scored on the counterattack (Silva, their second, I think).

I always hope we will generate that sort of wall of noise, it was so intimidating for the opposition.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Your best ever qpr game... on 14:08 - Aug 4 with 1145 viewsericgen34

I have 2. My first game in 1987. I don't remember the score nor who we played, but I was told by the newsagent in Kensal Rise that I lived in QPR land and I should go to see them. I went and absolutely loved everything about it. On top of that, Mick Jones - one of my youth heroes - was sitting nearby. I was then hooked

The best memory is the win over Cardiff in 2010/11 season. I was in the Elerslie road stand, in perfect line with Adel's curving shot. Time genuinely felt like standing still as the ball slowly made its way in a beautiful curve to finish in the top of the far corner, then explosion!
Your best ever qpr game... on 14:13 - Aug 4 with 1133 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I’ll be on my own with this one probably but Palace 1 QPR 2, Oct 2010. Helgusson scored the winner in injury time after Palace had equaled in the 89th minute. I went mental.
Your best ever qpr game... on 14:17 - Aug 4 with 1124 viewsRs_Holy

Your best ever qpr game... on 14:13 - Aug 4 by Beckenhamhoop

I’ll be on my own with this one probably but Palace 1 QPR 2, Oct 2010. Helgusson scored the winner in injury time after Palace had equaled in the 89th minute. I went mental.

that was a cracker... I think I shifted 2 rows forward and 5 seats to the left after the winning goal celebration.
Your best ever qpr game... on 14:19 - Aug 4 with 1123 viewsPaddyhoops

Has to be v Leicester city in the promotion season. Superb game topped by Ishmael Millers winner.
Your best ever qpr game... on 14:21 - Aug 4 with 1120 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Your best ever qpr game... on 14:17 - Aug 4 by Rs_Holy

that was a cracker... I think I shifted 2 rows forward and 5 seats to the left after the winning goal celebration.

It must’ve been you I ended up sat on top of because I did exactly the same.
Your best ever qpr game... on 14:31 - Aug 4 with 1110 viewsRs_Holy

Your best ever qpr game... on 14:21 - Aug 4 by Beckenhamhoop

It must’ve been you I ended up sat on top of because I did exactly the same.

Your best ever qpr game... on 14:32 - Aug 4 with 1109 viewskernowhoop

For the sheer joy of football: QPR 5 Slovan Bratislava 2 in 1976-77.
For tension and emotion: QPR 2 Leeds 0 in 1976 (we had to win); that Oldham semi-final and the 3-2 comeback against Liverpool, who had been strolling about thinking the game had been won.
Your best ever qpr game... on 14:38 - Aug 4 with 1108 viewsStanFan

So many over so long that it's hard to choose.
- Zamora day has to be there of course.
- 5-5 v Newcastle of course. I thought about leaving at half time - glad I didn't!
- The 3-2 come back win against Liverpool of course. I ended up hugging a random Gooner who hated Liverpool and happened to be next to me.
- And one not mentioned yet - the 5-2 win against Slovan Bratislava in the UEFA cup for an amazing attacking display that I can't remember us ever matching.
Your best ever qpr game... on 14:56 - Aug 4 with 1061 viewsPinnerPaul

As others have said, toooooooo difficult, heres my top 5

1) Zamora
2) THAT match v Chelsea
3) Oldham Play Off semi
4) Hillsborough
5) Wigan Play Off Semi

Loads more if I thought about it for.....another 30 seconds!
Your best ever qpr game... on 15:01 - Aug 4 with 1056 viewsBoston

Your best ever qpr game... on 13:45 - Aug 4 by hantssi

As many others, Oldham, we were back, never been in atmosphere like it, except..
Leeds 76, we’d actually arrived (for a few weeks!), nearly 35K squeezed into the ground!

Ahem, 35,353.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your best ever qpr game... on 15:19 - Aug 4 with 1041 viewsderbyhoop

Play off final. 1 word Zamoooorrrraaaaa.

Oldham in play off semi final. Fantastic atmosphere.

Going back decades and Div 3, the year Coventry got promoted. 1964 or 5, I think.
QPR 4 Palace 3
HT 0-0 but decent game.
50 mins 2-2. John Collins knocked himself out scoring Rangers second. Don't remember who got the rest.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Your best ever qpr game... on 16:11 - Aug 4 with 1011 viewsqpr_1968

Your best ever qpr game... on 06:27 - Aug 4 by stainrods_elbow

It's a terrible shame that the cameras were absent for that amazing, season-defining win at Derby in 1975/76. What are your - or anyone else's - memories of that day? I believe Stan scored a hat-trick (?) and we had a couple of rookie centre backs in the side for, I'm guessing, the injured McLintock and Webb (Tony Tagg and Ron Abbott , I think, whose entire professional career, bizarrely, consisted of around four dozen games for us in eight years). Stan says in his biog that the Rams crowd were as silent as mice at the end as they just couldn't believe what we did to them, 'but we knew we were a good side'.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 6:28]

that was another great away game, as you say bowles hatrick,
went up by football special, couple of hundred of us.
yes we certainly kept that lot quiet, got a bit hairy under the stand at half time with fans throwing cups of tea and coffee at each other.....and a few fisty cuffs.
but that long walk back to the station was well worth it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Your best ever qpr game... on 16:11 - Aug 4 with 1011 viewsdavman

Your best ever qpr game... on 14:13 - Aug 4 by Beckenhamhoop

The best thing about that goal was Speroni's reaction to that winner. No foul, mate, you're just shite.

Back when we were well ahead of that Red n' Blue poo - how the hell have we gone from that to selling our record transfer out to them? So, so, f-in galling.

ARRRRGGGGGGGJHHHHHHH!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Your best ever qpr game... on 16:23 - Aug 4 with 986 viewsWalnut

Your best ever qpr game... on 15:01 - Aug 4 by Boston

Ahem, 35,353.

ahem 31,002 in 76 (I was chuffed me n g/pa were the 002. The 35k crowd was 73/74 when they were already champs
Your best ever qpr game... on 16:23 - Aug 4 with 986 viewsdaveB

Your best ever qpr game... on 08:09 - Aug 4 by kingsburyR

QPR Vs Arsenal

Cant remember the year. It was pissing with rain.
We won 2-0 or 3-1 ish.

Mid 90's maybe. I was standing in the loft that day (the non-member bit towards SAR.

I think Sansom may have been playing for us. Maybe Seaman for them.

The atmosphere that day/night was fantastic.

Any help with filling in some detail is appreciated.

FA Cup 1990. 2-0 win sansom and Sinton scored

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024