Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... 19:21 - Feb 25 with 36081 viewsqpr_1968

1-0 rangers

and a home defeat at bournemouth by stoke will see us go second.

not going tomorrow, got a retirement do in the acton vale club.
but will be there in spirit.....and if we win, will be spirit in me....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:32 - Feb 26 with 2358 viewsHarbour

Although they played more games Huddersfield look like real contenders for second auto spot. Top 6 7 points between 3rd and 10th still very open.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:43 - Feb 26 with 2285 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:03 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Calm down.

Huddersfield winning 2-0 , Sheff Utd drawing and we're still 4th.

Oh that God awful team, Barnsley, worst in the league are beating the unbeatable Middlesbrough 2-0.

We're still in there fighting.

Exactly this. Yes we were crap today blah blah but there'll be dozens more twists and turns in the next dozen games, unexpected results and points dropped by ALL teams. In my 40 plus years of watching this footy malarkey it's always been the same and don't see why this season will be any different. We'll be there or there abouts.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:48 - Feb 26 with 2260 viewsMick_S

Coventry losing.

Bournemouth winning.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 16:49]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:51 - Feb 26 with 2223 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:15 - Feb 26 by nix

Wow some of you take negativity to new lows. Almost revelling in losses. Never hear more from you than when we lose. A load of moaning Malcolms.

Throwing in the towel already when we're still in the play offs. Never happier than when they're coating out someone who's having a bad run of games or the manager when his strategy doesn't produce a win.

We've only had one striker available for the match and he's not the running around type so I can see why we went for this formation. It was the team as a whole that wasn't firing. Losing the ball in defence and midfield, Field unfairly booked early on so he had to rein himself in. Marshall with an uncharacteristic mistake for their goal.

Warbs made a decision not to get a striker. We don't know who was available. We have looked leggy in midfield so I can understand why he wanted Hendrick.

Yes it's disappointing, but given that a large percentage of our managers have never won at Blackburn, not a massive shock, especially as we only had basically half a day to prepare and probably no training sessions at all. Some of you meed a whole box of grips.

Needed to sign a striker to get some impetus for the final push; that's what you do. Bizarre that he refused, particularly when he is starting matches WITHOUT A STRIKER and it definitely sounds similar to the Brentford situation. If that was Paul Hart setting us up today, he'd be getting pelters.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:55 - Feb 26 with 2209 viewssteveo04

The alarming thing for me is the lack of PACE and also legs in midfield, I know Amos is not everyone cup of tea but he offers energy as does Dozzell , Khadra and Dolan showed what an team can do with pace , Hendrick, johansson and field don’t offer pace or that ability to get in front of the front two . I think Warbs need to look at this formation issue, team now know if they push our wing backs back that a big threat gone . With no pace we’re are given teams time to get back to there shape and we’re finding hard to break teams down. I think Warbs is a good manager but do find him frustrating with his ability to maybe change shape and try something new when it obviously not working .
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:59 - Feb 26 with 2167 viewsCamberleyR

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:44 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

It's a very average league this season and we had a decent chance of going up which has now gone. Turning down signing a striker in the window was a shocking decision. With our remaining fixtures, we will be dropping like a stone.

Knee jerk nonsense.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:03 - Feb 26 with 2155 viewsHarbour

Could have been worse just Luton and NF catching us up.Sheff u and Boro lost but Huddersfield go above us with Blackburn. 12 games to go all to play for.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:04 - Feb 26 with 2140 viewskernowhoop

There is still a lot to play for. Plenty of teams would be glad to be in 5th place on 26 February.
Login to get fewer ads

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:11 - Feb 26 with 2112 viewsnix

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:51 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Needed to sign a striker to get some impetus for the final push; that's what you do. Bizarre that he refused, particularly when he is starting matches WITHOUT A STRIKER and it definitely sounds similar to the Brentford situation. If that was Paul Hart setting us up today, he'd be getting pelters.

You're comparing Warburton with Hart, a manager who only managed us for five matches, and won only 20% of them. I'm surprised you're taking yourself seriously let alone expecting anyone else to. Warburton has improved us from a side struggling in the lower half of the division, with expensive players who needed to be jettisoned, into a good blend of youth and experience, players that have clearly improved, a fantastic team spirit and someone who appreciates the fans and understands the club.

So you think it DEFINITELY sounds exactly like the Brentford situation. Even though he was accused there of not wanting to sign ANY new players, whereas with us he signed three. In January. We'd have been pretty stuffed without Sanderson covering for Dickie and Marshall for Seny. But you're conveniently ignoring that.

You might not agree with his signings but you don't know the circumstances, who was available and what the costs were.

People always want to make new signings, always complain about who wasn't signed. Unfortunately it's not 2010. We're not the same club as then, playing in the same circumstances. I'd rather be us than Derby or Sheffield Wednesday. Tbh you sound like a Forest fan, who always wants just one more player and never values those they've already got.

Oh and Sheffield Utd and Middlesbrough lost as well. Are their managers sh*t too?
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:18 - Feb 26 with 2062 viewsManinBlack

I agree plenty to play for but my concern is the performance levels with one win in 7 and we have reverted to our away day blues. By contrast Luton have won six of the last 7 so we have no momentum at present. We need others to start slipping up now.

I had this fear that we would do the reverse of last season where we were poor in the first half and great in the second half of last season and had been great in the first half of this campaign but now we are wobbling with a return to poor displays. We need to get our away form back on track.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:20 - Feb 26 with 2058 viewsthemodfather

one mistake done for us, blackburn were physical and gallagher late many times, did his job and had Dieng subbed , wallop,1-0 , but there should have been more added time but we created little
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:24 - Feb 26 with 2038 viewsDamo1962

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:15 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Its sport mate!

How do YOU 'explain' Middlesbrough losing to Barnsley today

Have they got 'cold 'feet', do they 'not want to go up'

We were poor, we lost it happens........a lot.........to everyone!

It's not just the loss Pinner. There is a pattern emerging this month both in results and performances. Yes we are still in the hunt, but I wouldn't put money on us being in it after the next half dozen games. Not being defeatist, just realistic. We have done far better than the sum of our parts this season...so that is to be applauded. Maybe a season too early for us as a club.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:57 - Feb 26 with 1878 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:51 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yep. What you're doing here is taking some comments from LF and extrapolating them to fit your own narrative.

Bare bones.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:00 - Feb 26 with 1857 viewsR_from_afar

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:55 - Feb 26 by steveo04

The alarming thing for me is the lack of PACE and also legs in midfield, I know Amos is not everyone cup of tea but he offers energy as does Dozzell , Khadra and Dolan showed what an team can do with pace , Hendrick, johansson and field don’t offer pace or that ability to get in front of the front two . I think Warbs need to look at this formation issue, team now know if they push our wing backs back that a big threat gone . With no pace we’re are given teams time to get back to there shape and we’re finding hard to break teams down. I think Warbs is a good manager but do find him frustrating with his ability to maybe change shape and try something new when it obviously not working .

I agree about the lack of pace and after his important contribution on Wednesday, I was wondering if Thomas would get on.

I think we were unlucky to have to take off Dieng, that burned up a really vital substitution, unfortunately.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:16 - Feb 26 with 1792 viewsLythamR

Generally we were poor today but there was one moment midway through the second half where we beat the press and played through the team that was poetry in motion

we have had a really shitty month but January was absolutely exceptional. That moment in the second half was a portrait of how Warburton wants us to play. if we can do that more often in the next 12 matches we will still be in the mix at the end.

Nothing we can do about supposed missed transfer gems now, what we can do is support the squad and manager and try to help them over the line.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:32 - Feb 26 with 1738 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:57 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

Yep. What you're doing here is taking some comments from LF and extrapolating them to fit your own narrative.

Not really. We were in a fantastic position in January and now we're not. Very strange not to get a striker in to reinforce our position, as has been shown by recent results and performances. That's four poor away games without a goal - and barely a shot in anger.

Nothing wrong with criticising Warburton - he's not a sacred cow.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 1715 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:32 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Not really. We were in a fantastic position in January and now we're not. Very strange not to get a striker in to reinforce our position, as has been shown by recent results and performances. That's four poor away games without a goal - and barely a shot in anger.

Nothing wrong with criticising Warburton - he's not a sacred cow.

Agree with the criticism of the team and the manager - we've been very poor for 4 successive away games. But don't agree with you propagating the idea that he was offered a striker but refused. That's not what LF said, and you're making a huge leap to suggest it. What Les actually said was they talked about adding a striker, and MW said he wanted a No.10 - they went for both Lawrence and Paterson (at least), but didn't get them. Either would be helping us right now of course, but your posts are making out like he *refused* to make a signing that was there on a plate. That's *possible* (although unlikely, seeing as he was clearly keen to get a forward in), but you don't know that, I don't know that, so it's wrong of you to keep saying 'it's bizarre he turned down a signing' - it's simply not accurate. Both Paterson and Lawrence would play high up the pitch, higher than Illy and Willy usually play, so what you're doing is taking something you know little about and twisting that to suit your narrative. Criticise him by all means, but don't just make stuff up.

Bare bones.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 19:29 - Feb 26 with 1621 viewsjoe90

I think Blackburn were much tougher opposition today.

Judging from our perforce a draw would have been a good result, but in the end it was a free kick that slipped through the keepers hands that won the game. That aside, I never felt like they were going to score.

We were let down in midfield today - or to put it another way, Blackburn were stronger in midfield, but the team in general had a shocker with their passing which ultimately stopped us gaining momentum.

I don’t think Blackburn were better than us, if anything it was fairly even.

Am I concerned about this result? No.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 21:28 - Feb 26 with 1446 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Looking at the results it's not been a bad day. We're still in the mix.

I'm most disappointed because their goal was preventable. We could easily have come away with a point but we rarely do from Ewood Park.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:13 - Feb 26 with 1354 viewsNorthantsHoop

Still in the mix, but we just did not look up for this game. Thought Blackburn bossed it from the start, disappointed as thought our midfield looked pretty strong on paper.
Keeping it all in perspective still in with a good chance of remaining in play off picture, but will have to ensure we can get maximum home points and scrape a win or two away from home. Fancy us at Luton and Stoke to get results but elsewhere up north we will struggle.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:32 - Feb 26 with 1300 viewsted_hendrix

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:13 - Feb 26 by NorthantsHoop

Still in the mix, but we just did not look up for this game. Thought Blackburn bossed it from the start, disappointed as thought our midfield looked pretty strong on paper.
Keeping it all in perspective still in with a good chance of remaining in play off picture, but will have to ensure we can get maximum home points and scrape a win or two away from home. Fancy us at Luton and Stoke to get results but elsewhere up north we will struggle.

*Fancy us at Luton and Stoke to get results but elsewhere up north we will struggle*

Luton are on a run having won five out of their last six matches, Stoke are a bit of an egnima at the moment.

No easy game out there (not that there ever was).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:41 - Feb 26 with 1268 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:43 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with the criticism of the team and the manager - we've been very poor for 4 successive away games. But don't agree with you propagating the idea that he was offered a striker but refused. That's not what LF said, and you're making a huge leap to suggest it. What Les actually said was they talked about adding a striker, and MW said he wanted a No.10 - they went for both Lawrence and Paterson (at least), but didn't get them. Either would be helping us right now of course, but your posts are making out like he *refused* to make a signing that was there on a plate. That's *possible* (although unlikely, seeing as he was clearly keen to get a forward in), but you don't know that, I don't know that, so it's wrong of you to keep saying 'it's bizarre he turned down a signing' - it's simply not accurate. Both Paterson and Lawrence would play high up the pitch, higher than Illy and Willy usually play, so what you're doing is taking something you know little about and twisting that to suit your narrative. Criticise him by all means, but don't just make stuff up.

"We spoke about that but the manager was happy with what he had.....that wasn't a position he felt he wanted to add to in terms of his squad."

Happy with what he had yet doesn't play a striker in a crunch game like today, then we sit back and wait for the inevitable to happen. Feel for those who went today - I've only been to one of the poor recent away 'performances' and I didn't have too far to get back; must be particularly galling to go all the way up there for a 12.30 kick-off and watch that dross. Fair play to them all.

As I said, Warburton is not a sacred cow. Plenty of other clubs 'punching above their weight' this season - look at Huddersfield and Luton, for instance. My feeling is he's doing exactly what he did at Brentford - his intransigence regarding transfers is costing us a shot at the play-offs.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:52 - Feb 26 with 1222 viewsslmrstid

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:41 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

"We spoke about that but the manager was happy with what he had.....that wasn't a position he felt he wanted to add to in terms of his squad."

Happy with what he had yet doesn't play a striker in a crunch game like today, then we sit back and wait for the inevitable to happen. Feel for those who went today - I've only been to one of the poor recent away 'performances' and I didn't have too far to get back; must be particularly galling to go all the way up there for a 12.30 kick-off and watch that dross. Fair play to them all.

As I said, Warburton is not a sacred cow. Plenty of other clubs 'punching above their weight' this season - look at Huddersfield and Luton, for instance. My feeling is he's doing exactly what he did at Brentford - his intransigence regarding transfers is costing us a shot at the play-offs.

Worth remembering whilst we may not see Huddersfield as a big club, they are still in receipt of parachute money (year 3), which we are not.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 23:09 - Feb 26 with 1181 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:52 - Feb 26 by slmrstid

Worth remembering whilst we may not see Huddersfield as a big club, they are still in receipt of parachute money (year 3), which we are not.

I'm looking forward to Huddersfield away on Good Friday. If I can get a ticket.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 23:16 - Feb 26 with 1738 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:41 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

As i said, i don’t disagree with your assessment of today necessarily, in fact, neither does MW judging by his comments. But stop saying he refused to sign a player. Its not true, Chemical Wegerle.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024