Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dotorg 11:15 - Feb 6 with 23109 viewsdmm

Just for people's info, the dotorg will cease in the next couple of months. There's a notice on there from Drew who runs it.
The dotorg on 18:27 - Feb 14 with 2514 viewsSonic_Hoop

The dotorg on 18:22 - Feb 14 by Sonic_Hoop

three posts I think

and I'm pretty sure one was "did you mean to invite me?"
The dotorg on 19:18 - Feb 14 with 2402 viewsLunarJetman

It was never the same after it went to dot.org. I miss the way you could pretend to be other people and used to have a laugh with a work colleague at the time when we were bored!
The dotorg on 19:33 - Feb 14 with 2366 views222gers

I've crossed the Rubicon and popped over from the soon to be defunct, qpr.org.
I've only been there since 2007 so know nothing of the shennanigans mentioned in this thread.
I'm partial to a bit of hard goats' cheese plus Caerphilly and Wensleydale. Sadly a dodgy gallbladder somewhat inhibits consumption of said cheeses.
Fortunately this doesn't interfere with quaffing the redoubtable products of messrs Fuller, Smith & Turner !
The dotorg on 19:36 - Feb 14 with 2359 viewsdmm

The dotorg on 19:33 - Feb 14 by 222gers

I've only been there since 2007 so know nothing of the shennanigans mentioned in this thread.
I'm partial to a bit of hard goats' cheese plus Caerphilly and Wensleydale. Sadly a dodgy gallbladder somewhat inhibits consumption of said cheeses.
Fortunately this doesn't interfere with quaffing the redoubtable products of messrs Fuller, Smith & Turner !

Hello 222gers. Glad you made it over and pleased to see you kept the moniker.
The dotorg on 19:48 - Feb 14 with 2337 views222gers

The dotorg on 19:36 - Feb 14 by dmm

Hello 222gers. Glad you made it over and pleased to see you kept the moniker.

Thanks, DM.
The dotorg on 20:15 - Feb 14 with 2294 viewsNorthernr

The dotorg on 19:33 - Feb 14 by 222gers

Welcome
The dotorg on 20:41 - Feb 14 with 2234 viewsrbee

Well done 222gers, we can do this!

Shall I start tomorrow's match thread now, lol
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 20:42]
The dotorg on 20:50 - Feb 14 with 2205 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 20:41 - Feb 14 by rbee

Hi Rich! now, more importantly, cheese preference.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

The dotorg on 20:55 - Feb 14 with 2189 viewsrbee

The dotorg on 20:50 - Feb 14 by Esox_Lucius

Hi Rich! now, more importantly, cheese preference.

Most!
The dotorg on 21:06 - Feb 14 with 2148 viewsstowmarketrange

The dotorg on 03:31 - Feb 12 by InsomniacR

"Little fxxcking power Freak Hitler Gnome" referencing an "internet war" 20 years ago! And BT got shafted big time on the internet when it all "kicked off".
Fxxking hilarious! Are you 12?!

I was on the original qprlist in the mid 90's which I believe is still actually going although it may have gone underground now so you didn't hear that from me.

Inspite of the origins, Drew kept that place running for 20 years so I'd suggest it worked out quite well for him and you only have to read the messages of support and thanks in his "Goodbye" post to realise what that site achieved for your fellow QPR fans and I hope his medical situation is nothing serious.

It was a good place to post before it became overrun by approx 5 grown men with a stunning lack of self awareness and who were unable to realise or just didn't care about the negative impact they had on that forum. Another classic case of the minority ruining it for the majority but they were totally oblivious to that and they all left with toys dispersed far and wide from outside their prams.

Fortunately, me and many other posters came here as a result. I remember reading on here maybe 10 years ago how a certain member (alone) made the qprdot.org unreadable back then.

Still, the 5 of them went on to a new group and started a campaign to recruit all the best posters from the dotorg. I wonder how that worked out for them?

I moved over here a few years ago and the main reason was pedantic DAVEf checking every post for punctuation mistakes,instead of replying to it constructively.Even though he is no longer with us,I couldn’t be bothered going back.
Does the guy from the Isle of Wight still post on there?
The dotorg on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 2062 viewsBoston

The dotorg on 21:06 - Feb 14 by stowmarketrange

I moved over here a few years ago and the main reason was pedantic DAVEf checking every post for punctuation mistakes,instead of replying to it constructively.Even though he is no longer with us,I couldn’t be bothered going back.
Does the guy from the Isle of Wight still post on there?

SM was it? Good poster.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The dotorg on 22:17 - Feb 14 with 2031 views222gers

The dotorg on 22:03 - Feb 14 by Boston

SM was it? Good poster.

SM indeed. Very good “just backs”.
The dotorg on 22:22 - Feb 14 with 2024 viewsNorthernr

Safa also one of the nicest guys you could meet. Just such a genuinely decent, friendly lad. Don't know how he does every game from IoW.
The dotorg on 00:43 - Feb 15 with 1932 viewsInsomniacR

The dotorg on 17:19 - Feb 14 by rbee

Unfortunately bullying became rife on the dotorg. You, I and most fellow Rangers fans probably have the personalities to deal with it but some don't. Others that could deal with it eventually decided it was no longer worth the hassle.

I think it was a mix of bullying but mainly threads just being overrun and as a result unreadable. Ironically, those responsible were the same people that were slagging off Drew but still willing to contribute to his site despite their protests at how it came about. But let's close that chapter. Nuff Said!

I think most of us have moved on. Again you only have to look at Drew's post to see how appreciated and rewarding the website was which should only be considered a positive for all those fellow R's.

And as I mentioned elsewhere, I hope the majority of them come here to improve this site even further.

And SM should definitely grace us with his presence as should UxbridgeR and Mr Beef the two most erudite members of that board. Why, I'd even suggest Willo should come on over!

[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 4:22]
The dotorg on 07:10 - Feb 15 with 1843 viewsWA_Hoop

O.K. count me in too!
The dotorg on 07:49 - Feb 15 with 1814 viewsdmm

The dotorg on 20:41 - Feb 14 by rbee

Hi rbee. Good to see you here with Feelgood vibe.
The dotorg on 15:03 - Feb 15 with 1688 viewsrbee

Cheers dm m

Resistance is futile, lol
The dotorg on 18:21 - Feb 15 with 1599 viewsTGRRRSSS

I can see this becoming a what became of type thing.

A name I just thought of Varc Ranger from days of Yore...
The dotorg on 18:38 - Feb 15 with 1560 viewsPunteR

The dotorg on 00:43 - Feb 15 by InsomniacR

I think it was a mix of bullying but mainly threads just being overrun and as a result unreadable. Ironically, those responsible were the same people that were slagging off Drew but still willing to contribute to his site despite their protests at how it came about. But let's close that chapter. Nuff Said!

I think most of us have moved on. Again you only have to look at Drew's post to see how appreciated and rewarding the website was which should only be considered a positive for all those fellow R's.

And as I mentioned elsewhere, I hope the majority of them come here to improve this site even further.

And SM should definitely grace us with his presence as should UxbridgeR and Mr Beef the two most erudite members of that board. Why, I'd even suggest Willo should come on over!

I think Willo used to post on here. Painter and decorator i think? I may have him confused with someone else though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The dotorg on 00:31 - Feb 16 with 1474 viewsNorthernr

The dotorg on 18:21 - Feb 15 by TGRRRSSS

I can see this becoming a what became of type thing.

A name I just thought of Varc Ranger from days of Yore...

Varc is still around, find him on Twitter. Good guy.
The dotorg on 10:42 - Feb 16 with 1355 viewsLee_Gib

The dotorg on 00:43 - Feb 15 by InsomniacR

It looks like LFW will have to put up with a number of us dotorg refugees. Not sure about improving the place though.
The dotorg on 11:01 - Feb 16 with 1333 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The dotorg on 10:42 - Feb 16 by Lee_Gib

It looks like LFW will have to put up with a number of us dotorg refugees. Not sure about improving the place though.

Neither am I.

Present company excluded of course.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The dotorg on 12:35 - Feb 16 with 1288 viewssteptoe

Always thought the divide was between those who met in real life and those who existed only on the messageboard. All the in jokes relating to what might have happened in the pubs or at the match went over the heads of anyone who wasn't there. If you were there but still didn't get the in jokes then you didn't care. Not sure any group or any individual 'ruined' the messageboard as InsomniacR says, but the invention of the eye-roll emoji was the worst thing to happen to the internet as a whole.

Pleased to say I met Fawny in the GH once. Nice chap.
The dotorg on 13:55 - Feb 16 with 1232 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 12:35 - Feb 16 by steptoe

Always thought the divide was between those who met in real life and those who existed only on the messageboard. All the in jokes relating to what might have happened in the pubs or at the match went over the heads of anyone who wasn't there. If you were there but still didn't get the in jokes then you didn't care. Not sure any group or any individual 'ruined' the messageboard as InsomniacR says, but the invention of the eye-roll emoji was the worst thing to happen to the internet as a whole.

Pleased to say I met Fawny in the GH once. Nice chap.

Great to see you posting Steptoe, despite our polar views I was genuinely concerned when you stopped posting as I thought you may have fallen to the fake pandemic that is going around. I was always a lover of the Ninja emoji. LOL

The grass is always greener.

The dotorg on 15:07 - Feb 16 with 1180 viewssteptoe

The dotorg on 13:55 - Feb 16 by Esox_Lucius

Great to see you posting Steptoe, despite our polar views I was genuinely concerned when you stopped posting as I thought you may have fallen to the fake pandemic that is going around. I was always a lover of the Ninja emoji. LOL

Hi Esox, I do remember you but do you have me confused with another Steptoe (cap S) who joined dotorg after I left? I was never quite sure if I was banned or not, there was a point when you didn't have to do much for that to happen...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024