Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yipes 15:14 - Dec 19 with 12907 viewsitsbiga

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Yipes on 00:04 - Dec 20 with 3262 viewsdavman

Yipes on 17:16 - Dec 19 by Gloucs_R

Don't we need the money more than players though?

Do we need another right back?
Is Amos too injury prone?

Rangel not going to be playing next season ; Kakay not really rated, so perhaps yes.

Surely we need to wait until the end of season to see if we are right for Amos and he is right for us?

I'd hope for £15m, so £12m plus those two wouldn't be awful. Of course, if word gets around, others may get interested, which would drive the cost up.

Still, January is a crap time to buy, so I think it won't be 'til the summer...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Yipes on 00:08 - Dec 20 with 3260 viewsitsbiga

Yipes on 00:04 - Dec 20 by davman

Rangel not going to be playing next season ; Kakay not really rated, so perhaps yes.

Surely we need to wait until the end of season to see if we are right for Amos and he is right for us?

I'd hope for £15m, so £12m plus those two wouldn't be awful. Of course, if word gets around, others may get interested, which would drive the cost up.

They might loan him back to us until the summer even if the deal goes through in Jan.
Providing no injuries hamstring it I’m sure.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Yipes on 07:50 - Dec 20 with 3104 viewsGloucs_R

Who would replace him?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Yipes on 08:08 - Dec 20 with 3085 viewsbosh67

How about we sell him for 1 million, no sell on clause or give him to Spurs for free and then pay 10 million for two of their academy players who were going to be released at the end of the season anyway. That is our usual way of doing business. Or pay them 10 million to have Eze.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yipes on 08:14 - Dec 20 with 3076 viewsenfieldargh

Yipes on 23:11 - Dec 19 by rsonist

Got the best out of Ozil and Sneijder.... ruined Joe Cole of course.

Either way, Levy signed Jack Clarke over Pochettino's head last summer too.

the jack clarke whose back on loan at Lids?

I dont think he will go in January

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Yipes on 08:37 - Dec 20 with 3045 viewsLblock

Have we not learnt?
We should NOT be doing business with Spurs or Man Utd, we never come out of either very well!!!

Unfortunately we’re in no position to turn any bid for Ebs down and same for any player. That’s how bad the damage Bungle has done and he has effectively killed the club. We will never be able to build a squad as others will always circle like vultures and pick off anyone decent

Good luck to Eze as he deserves it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Yipes on 08:44 - Dec 20 with 3034 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Would rather see a large % of the sell on fee than players.

The depressing part, is this sale will probably only cover our operation costs. We need a to sell a Eze every season to tread water.

The longer we wait for proper academy facilities, the longer the gap between the Sterlings and Ezes.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 8:49]
Yipes on 08:48 - Dec 20 with 3020 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yipes on 08:37 - Dec 20 by Lblock

Have we not learnt?
We should NOT be doing business with Spurs or Man Utd, we never come out of either very well!!!

Unfortunately we’re in no position to turn any bid for Ebs down and same for any player. That’s how bad the damage Bungle has done and he has effectively killed the club. We will never be able to build a squad as others will always circle like vultures and pick off anyone decent

‘he has effectively killed the club‘

Login to get fewer ads

Yipes on 08:48 - Dec 20 with 3019 viewsPhildo

Thoroughly depressing and not surprising.

Also necessary as we inch up from selling players for 1 — 2 million, 5 million and finally 10 million+

But also boo-hoo — it's like Santa came down the chimney and took the presents
Yipes on 09:11 - Dec 20 with 2984 viewsRBlock

Yipes on 00:04 - Dec 20 by davman

Agree £12m plus those two wouldn't be the end of the world, with a loan back til the summer and a sell on fee. That being said, I'd rather wait until the end of the season to see his value increase. He could easily do 20 goals, 10 assists, more than the 14 and 8 that saw Maddison go to Leicester for £20m at a very similar age.
Yipes on 09:56 - Dec 20 with 2854 viewsdaveB

Yipes on 09:11 - Dec 20 by RBlock

Agree £12m plus those two wouldn't be the end of the world, with a loan back til the summer and a sell on fee. That being said, I'd rather wait until the end of the season to see his value increase. He could easily do 20 goals, 10 assists, more than the 14 and 8 that saw Maddison go to Leicester for £20m at a very similar age.

I'd go along with this and try and hold out until the summer, thats why Spurs are coming in now before the price goes up too high
Yipes on 10:12 - Dec 20 with 2803 viewsFredManRave

15 million plus Levy...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Yipes on 10:33 - Dec 20 with 2730 viewsozexile

Cash only. I'm not sure Amos sees himself as a championship player so best to leave him be.
Yipes on 10:40 - Dec 20 with 2704 viewsNorthernr

Eze leaving is an enormous moment for us. We haven't had a talent like this for years, one who's young and under contract, and there doesn't look to be anybody quite in his bracket coming up and through behind him. So firstly it needs to be a serious wedge, and secondly we need to make that wedge work for us and not waste it.

Norwich got enormous money for Maddison, used it really shrewdly, and were in the Prem a year later. That's what we need to aspire to.

I'm not sure letting Spurs bring the price down by offloading players they don't want onto us fits within that.
Yipes on 10:46 - Dec 20 with 2667 viewsGloucs_R

Yipes on 10:40 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Eze leaving is an enormous moment for us. We haven't had a talent like this for years, one who's young and under contract, and there doesn't look to be anybody quite in his bracket coming up and through behind him. So firstly it needs to be a serious wedge, and secondly we need to make that wedge work for us and not waste it.

Norwich got enormous money for Maddison, used it really shrewdly, and were in the Prem a year later. That's what we need to aspire to.

I'm not sure letting Spurs bring the price down by offloading players they don't want onto us fits within that.

Exactly.

I'd rather take the cash and and try to find some more more out of contract players in the summer.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Yipes on 10:50 - Dec 20 with 2646 viewsdannyblue

By my back of the envelope calculations we’ve done our hard work and the finances are in order (for ffp, assuming the owners are happy to keep subbing). I don’t think we’re desperate to sell any more. We can hold out for a good price. Looking at the prices full backs went for in the summer I think we should hold out for larger numbers than those mentioned.
Yipes on 11:52 - Dec 20 with 2497 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yipes on 08:37 - Dec 20 by Lblock

Have we not learnt?

You're being a bit hysterical there as well as inaccurate mate.
There is no club in the country that will not get players picked off by the top 5 in the country. And there's been no point in modern history for us where that has not been the case. Yes, under Fernandes's mismanagement we were forced to sell players we arguably could've kept in better circumstances, or demanded higher fees for, but in terms of the best being picked off - it was ever thus. Not just for us, but for everyone. Even Spurs lose their best to the likes of Madrid. And that is exactly how you build - sell, re-invest. It doesn't stop you from building. We sold our best player last summer, but are arguably a better team this season, for example.
We absolutely can turn down bids now for Ebs, but we cannot turn down a bid when it reaches our valuation. That's a big difference.
He'll be very hard to replace, but as with all great players you never will 'replace' them as such, the team will have to evolve and adapt and Chair will no doubt be asked to step up and continue his development.

Bare bones.

Yipes on 12:00 - Dec 20 with 2461 viewsingeminate

Yipes on 11:52 - Dec 20 by Antti_Heinola

You're being a bit hysterical there as well as inaccurate mate.
There is no club in the country that will not get players picked off by the top 5 in the country. And there's been no point in modern history for us where that has not been the case. Yes, under Fernandes's mismanagement we were forced to sell players we arguably could've kept in better circumstances, or demanded higher fees for, but in terms of the best being picked off - it was ever thus. Not just for us, but for everyone. Even Spurs lose their best to the likes of Madrid. And that is exactly how you build - sell, re-invest. It doesn't stop you from building. We sold our best player last summer, but are arguably a better team this season, for example.
We absolutely can turn down bids now for Ebs, but we cannot turn down a bid when it reaches our valuation. That's a big difference.
He'll be very hard to replace, but as with all great players you never will 'replace' them as such, the team will have to evolve and adapt and Chair will no doubt be asked to step up and continue his development.

Comp agree with this, esp the bit about Chair. Very different players, but both creative and capable of scoring and setting up goals. Chair has shown enough to believe that next season he could become a big player for us. I also rate Bright very very highly.
if we get anywhere near 12 mill plus two decent players or 15 mill outright that will be good business all round and show the model is really starting to kick in.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Yipes on 12:00 - Dec 20 with 2460 viewsMick_S

Good luck to Eze. It would be lovely if we could get the season out of him - I'm just glad, same as with Taraabt, that I got the chance to watch him play.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Yipes on 12:02 - Dec 20 with 2456 viewsted_hendrix

We'll get what the market dictates at the time, some posters might 'top themselves' some might not, then we'll move onto the next game and take it from there.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Yipes on 12:18 - Dec 20 with 2415 viewsWestbourneR

I'd defo swerve Carter-Vickers and Amos.

I find Amos stultifyingly average in every department and Carter-Vickers has turned out to have an unwarranted rep as a hang over from when everyone thought all Spurs youth players were going to be stars.

Ask for £15 million and you'd have to say the club would take that. Maddison was £15 million and he's honestly a better player overall.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Yipes on 12:32 - Dec 20 with 2349 views2Thomas2Bowles

Could not mind getting Freeman and maybe Smithies back.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Yipes on 13:11 - Dec 20 with 2156 viewsrsonist

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-delighted-after-birmingham-vic

[2:12] "Don't forget Brighty's not had the benefit of an academy education..."
Yipes on 13:20 - Dec 20 with 2117 viewsToast_R

Not sure how a player exchange could work under the clubs current wage structure. Any Spurs fringe player is going to be on a massive amount you'd think, compared to what QPR can pay our players at the moment. They'd have to take a significant drop in wages to sign for us unless Spurs fund part of their wage but then that's just mental.
Yipes on 13:31 - Dec 20 with 2063 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yipes on 10:40 - Dec 20 by Northernr

This. Players like Eze don't grow on trees so QPR have to maximise the deal. Given recent transfers like Maddison, McGuire, etc. only serious cash offers plus sizeable sell-on fees should be considered. Given what we've seen of Amos to date, I wouldn't consider a part exchange.

And for gawds sake, can we as fans shift our mindset because we're not that club anymore. The board has been at pains to convey the message that we've cut our cloth and are now stable. If that's the case then there is no reason to sell dirt cheap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024