Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 143907 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 15:48 - May 4 with 4637 viewskensalriser

Few things can beat a good home made dhal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren incoming on 15:54 - May 4 with 4606 viewsMick_S

McClaren incoming on 15:48 - May 4 by kensalriser

Few things can beat a good home made dhal.

Home made pitta is nice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

McClaren incoming on 16:23 - May 4 with 4485 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I can't wear old school trainers anymore they have to be ankle supporting running ones like NB or Adidas runners.

Saw somebody in ankle trainers the other day, thought they were shit in the 80's still do now.

I'd love Holloway to stay I'm staring to get optimistic again.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

McClaren incoming on 16:39 - May 4 with 4429 viewsBucksRanger

She's gone a fine pair Metallica.

[Post edited 4 May 2018 16:40]
McClaren incoming on 16:46 - May 4 with 4407 viewsLeedsR

Love Ollie. He’s not perfect by any stretch and can be infuriating with the team changes etc. Great when it works, frustrating when it doesn’t - I’m sure he feels the same, but he’s Rs through and through.

Was worried about his re-appointment initially, as I didn’t want my positive memories of him sullied, but he’s more than fulfilled his remit and deserves to be able to choose whether or not he feels up to continuing, bearing in mind his difficult recent personal events. As much as anything, I think he needs a good holiday away from it all for a bit and then with his head a bit clearer make a reasoned decision. I just hope he gets the chance and not have the decision made for him.
McClaren incoming on 17:38 - May 4 with 4298 viewsJuzzie

McClaren incoming on 18:05 - May 3 by TGRRRSSS

I cant be the only person who didnt feel that Derby really did take us apart.

I remember alot of Swansalona style possession play mostly in their half of the field, especially after the red card - and yeah maybe if the red hadn't happened they might've scored, but we had out moments too - and er..... oh yes, we actually got the ball into the box created a chance and took it.
Unlike them.

The fact is following the red card Mclaren failed to react to try and put more pressure on us from that moment on and paid the price.

IN any case he's hardly one for the future and if he makes a start someone somewhere will give him a look, he'll jump immediately and we're back to square 1 anyway.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 18:13]

No, not just you.

Derby fans like to think they bossed it but they didn't. Yes, they had the lion's share of the possession but prior to O'Neil's sending off on 65 mins they had just one shot on target. Hardly battering us.

After the sending off they had 4 or 5 but that's not surprising considering the extra man advantage they had.

Derby fans also claimed they were 'robbed' because of O'Neil's action. Ummm, so he's the first player in the history of football to take one for the team? Has a Derby player never ever done that?
'Robbed' is when a blatant decision goes against you. He fouled the last man and got sent off for it.

Sure, if it was they other way around I'd be peeved but the fact Derby didn't capitalise on the possession they had up to the sending off and the chances they had after is hardly our fault.

I agree we didn't create as much in the game but we had one moment to capitalise on something and thankfully it paid off.

[Post edited 4 May 2018 17:47]
McClaren incoming on 08:28 - May 5 with 3835 viewsblacky2013

McClaren incoming on 17:38 - May 4 by Juzzie

No, not just you.

Derby fans like to think they bossed it but they didn't. Yes, they had the lion's share of the possession but prior to O'Neil's sending off on 65 mins they had just one shot on target. Hardly battering us.

After the sending off they had 4 or 5 but that's not surprising considering the extra man advantage they had.

Derby fans also claimed they were 'robbed' because of O'Neil's action. Ummm, so he's the first player in the history of football to take one for the team? Has a Derby player never ever done that?
'Robbed' is when a blatant decision goes against you. He fouled the last man and got sent off for it.

Sure, if it was they other way around I'd be peeved but the fact Derby didn't capitalise on the possession they had up to the sending off and the chances they had after is hardly our fault.

I agree we didn't create as much in the game but we had one moment to capitalise on something and thankfully it paid off.

[Post edited 4 May 2018 17:47]

Perhaps they should blame the perfect pass to Zamora from one of their own after a crap cross.
McClaren incoming on 16:30 - May 6 with 3478 viewsRANGERS4EVER

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/ian-holloway-qpr-leeds-future

Well he is committed. Rumours of him leaving on his own accord wrong

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 16:40 - May 6 with 3433 viewsNov77

I found that depressing reading.

Describes this as one of his best ever seasons.

“The biggest danger we face is the lowering of standards and expectations” (c) Clint Hill 2018

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

McClaren incoming on 17:06 - May 6 with 3310 viewsEsox_Lucius

McClaren incoming on 16:30 - May 6 by RANGERS4EVER

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/ian-holloway-qpr-leeds-future

I suppose we'll have to get used to the idea of losing Sylla then. It's a real shame he wasn't given as fair a crack of it as Washington has.

The grass is always greener.

McClaren incoming on 17:17 - May 6 with 3265 viewsRangersw12

Glad he's staying as he deserves another year

None of the alternatives sound that great anyway
McClaren incoming on 17:41 - May 6 with 3152 viewsQPR_John

McClaren incoming on 17:17 - May 6 by Rangersw12

Glad he's staying as he deserves another year

None of the alternatives sound that great anyway

Sounds as if he wants more than that
McClaren incoming on 17:48 - May 6 with 3110 viewscolinallcars

Better the devil you know......I just hope Holloway isn't thinking of giving the wing back system another go.
McClaren incoming on 17:49 - May 6 with 3107 viewsRangersw12

McClaren incoming on 17:41 - May 6 by QPR_John

Sounds as if he wants more than that

I wouldn't discuss any new contract with him until end of next season

He needs to earn a new contract
McClaren incoming on 17:55 - May 6 with 3080 viewsCiderwithRsie

McClaren incoming on 16:40 - May 6 by Nov77

I found that depressing reading.

Describes this as one of his best ever seasons.

“The biggest danger we face is the lowering of standards and expectations” (c) Clint Hill 2018

"Describes this as one of his best ever seasons."
...."from where we started." Which is a pretty important caveat.

The biggest danger we have faced since Fernandes took over has been trying to run before we can walk, throwing money at quick fix short-term solutions instead of building from the bottom up, and sacking managers every season.

I don't see any sign of lowered standards under Holloway, this team is better than the one he inherited and I think put together on less money. The risk with Holloway is actually erratic team selections, inconsistent performances, lousy away form, and I think unjustified favouritism for and against certain players (e.g. Washington vs Sylla).

If there's no injury crisis like the one we had before Christmas and we get a decent replacement for Onuaha then I expect much more consistency and significant improvement next year. If we don't get it then he should go, preferably at the end of the season.
McClaren incoming on 17:57 - May 6 with 3074 viewsQPR_John

McClaren incoming on 17:49 - May 6 by Rangersw12

I wouldn't discuss any new contract with him until end of next season

He needs to earn a new contract

Interesting to know what people think would constitute earning a new contract.
McClaren incoming on 18:03 - May 6 with 3033 viewsDorse

McClaren incoming on 16:30 - May 6 by RANGERS4EVER

'I'm very proud of the young men we're trying to groom...'

I'd be more worried about other rumours starting.

I know, I know, I'm banned.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 18:05]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

McClaren incoming on 18:08 - May 6 with 3002 viewsRangersw12

McClaren incoming on 17:57 - May 6 by QPR_John

Top 10 finish?
McClaren incoming on 18:09 - May 6 with 2987 viewscolinallcars

Indeedy. Whilst I am pleased with the improvement in the latter part of the season it all seemed to hinge on the adoption of the flat back four. I wonder if he was surprised it paid dividends.
McClaren incoming on 18:09 - May 6 with 2986 views08olesen

The issue we have is if they dont replace IH, then come November we will all be saying 'he should have gone in the summer' if we are not near the playoffs.

However, if we do replace him with someone like Ainsworth, and the jump is too much, then we will all say that Olly was the right man for the stability that we need'.

Personally, i think he still needs to go, but it is such a tough decision for the club. I would like to see either Ainsworth or Gary Neville. I think there is a good manager in there and its harsh to judge him on Valencia alone.

Poll: Who will the other play off

McClaren incoming on 18:17 - May 6 with 2945 viewsted_hendrix

I think all in all he's done an okay job, he's been here a good while now and he's managed to keep us in this league quite comfortably albeit I was a bit concerned a while back.
His team selections can sometimes be quite baffling and sometimes his after match quotes are a bit on the daft side.
He's never gonna please everyone but as I see it we are a slightly below average Championship side which is where we've ended up.
I'd give him offer him an additional Years contract, I think he's just about earnt that.
I'm quite please with how the season has ended..

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

McClaren incoming on 18:28 - May 6 with 2894 viewsPunteR

Well if he's staying he has to improve on this season. Being top London club in this league would be a decent achievement. Then maybe look at his contract.
I thought from the article Holloway was quite defiant in his response. Reminding everyone he had a good job at Sky. Fairplay to Ollie. I think on reflection he deserves another season.. We have improved from last.
Its a tough gig being a manager here, as its proved to be from the last 4 managers. I just worry now that TF and co aren't fully on board with what he's doing, which is odd because he is pretty much achieving what they are setting out for him to do. I'd hate for them to sack him halfway through next season and start the cycle again.
TF and Co have a tough decision to make, and im not confident they will make the right one.
Ollie has got teams promoted before. He's more than capable to get the team going for next season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 18:37 - May 6 with 2863 viewscolinallcars

McClaren incoming on 18:28 - May 6 by PunteR

Well if he's staying he has to improve on this season. Being top London club in this league would be a decent achievement. Then maybe look at his contract.
I thought from the article Holloway was quite defiant in his response. Reminding everyone he had a good job at Sky. Fairplay to Ollie. I think on reflection he deserves another season.. We have improved from last.
Its a tough gig being a manager here, as its proved to be from the last 4 managers. I just worry now that TF and co aren't fully on board with what he's doing, which is odd because he is pretty much achieving what they are setting out for him to do. I'd hate for them to sack him halfway through next season and start the cycle again.
TF and Co have a tough decision to make, and im not confident they will make the right one.
Ollie has got teams promoted before. He's more than capable to get the team going for next season.

I agree he's capable of getting teams going, this team has busted a gut all seasn for him. Incoming transfers have been good too. Tactics and team selection are too often way off beam though.
McClaren incoming on 18:53 - May 6 with 2787 viewsPunteR

McClaren incoming on 18:37 - May 6 by colinallcars

I agree he's capable of getting teams going, this team has busted a gut all seasn for him. Incoming transfers have been good too. Tactics and team selection are too often way off beam though.

We're definitely not a settled side and changing managers now wont change that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 19:14 - May 6 with 2696 viewsDiscodroids

Fu ck Mclaren and his pete beal fruit and veg stall coconut matting hair. I'm for keeping holloway and bircham together.

Much like the symbiotic relationship of the spiceworms that thrive in the deep deserts of Arrakis and natural state raw base spice melange, a similar relationship between these two will result in unforeseen corollary of much beauty and reward.

Perhaps in partnership and in tandem They will be able to fold time and space in perpetuity affording transportation to periods of time and place that were previously prohibited due to the limits of scientific reality as we understand it to be, and our closed minds being unreceptive to expermentation.

Either that or there's no f ucker out there that will take the job with a transfer budget of £3.57 a year.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024