Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news for our non-British based fans 19:21 - May 3 with 11260 viewsWadR

..... and probably means streams for all games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39797400
Good news for our non-British based fans on 08:53 - May 4 with 2356 viewsjonno

Good news for our non-British based fans on 07:28 - May 4 by Northernr

Yes it's every game home and away except the ones selected by Sky, or the ones aired by a foreign broadcaster. Based on this season the club reckon about 30 matches would have been available.

Great - many thanks for the info.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 08:57 - May 4 with 2356 viewskarl

Good news for our non-British based fans on 06:05 - May 4 by distortR

not available to people in the uk, according to Northern. Well, that's you effed then, my little non-independent island dwelling friend.

Now, the IOM IS NOT in the UK. We have our own government with our own massive pension deficit, but try telling that to the bastards in duty free. And to QPR, I imagine. It's not fair, I tell you.

I am simply looking forward to Brian's improved updates on the match thread, Martin Ling has come in for a lot of criticism lately!
Good news for our non-British based fans on 09:16 - May 4 with 2326 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news for our non-British based fans on 08:57 - May 4 by karl

I am simply looking forward to Brian's improved updates on the match thread, Martin Ling has come in for a lot of criticism lately!

Jesus, do you think we might have to listen to Martin Ling thirty times now?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Good news for our non-British based fans on 09:57 - May 4 with 2291 viewsstevec

Great for the clubs and non attending fans but probably more bad news for British youth players.

Expect a number of large population, sub continent Internationals to be playing in the FL in the future, no prizes for guessing who'll set the ball rolling.

Be interesting to know how the £110 (in this scenario) gets split up between clubs. Pool total income less Broadcasting costs and divi up equally between clubs is likely to be a non starter, more likely payment according to League position.

Fair play to Accrington (does the milk ad get played a lot abroad?) but you would think clubs like us are more likely to break away from ifollow deal as could be quite lucrative with the 'right' signings.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 9:59]
Good news for our non-British based fans on 10:07 - May 4 with 2279 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Good news for our non-British based fans on 07:28 - May 4 by Northernr

Yes it's every game home and away except the ones selected by Sky, or the ones aired by a foreign broadcaster. Based on this season the club reckon about 30 matches would have been available.

30 games!!! They haven't even started and they're already cutting back games and that's before we get in to messing around with the preferred traditional centuries old kick off time of, noon on a Saturday for the ungodly hour of 3pm!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Good news for our non-British based fans on 10:43 - May 4 with 2248 viewsFDC

On reflection this virtually guarantees being drunk every Saturday afternoon.... rocky roads ahead.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 11:35 - May 4 with 2219 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news for our non-British based fans on 09:57 - May 4 by stevec

Great for the clubs and non attending fans but probably more bad news for British youth players.

Expect a number of large population, sub continent Internationals to be playing in the FL in the future, no prizes for guessing who'll set the ball rolling.

Be interesting to know how the £110 (in this scenario) gets split up between clubs. Pool total income less Broadcasting costs and divi up equally between clubs is likely to be a non starter, more likely payment according to League position.

Fair play to Accrington (does the milk ad get played a lot abroad?) but you would think clubs like us are more likely to break away from ifollow deal as could be quite lucrative with the 'right' signings.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 9:59]

Surely, that's two different issues, Steve?

If the F.A. wants to restrict the amount of non-English or non-British players it can do so at any time (personally I would welcome this as it would help Ireland to develop its own domestic game, and not before time).

But television coverage will increase the popularity of the sport as it always has, and this will lead to bigger crowds, more money, more merchandising and more TV revenue from abroad for Football League clubs.

I don't see a downside for Rangers on this.

Good news for our non-British based fans on 11:56 - May 4 with 2201 viewsstevec

Good news for our non-British based fans on 11:35 - May 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Surely, that's two different issues, Steve?

If the F.A. wants to restrict the amount of non-English or non-British players it can do so at any time (personally I would welcome this as it would help Ireland to develop its own domestic game, and not before time).

But television coverage will increase the popularity of the sport as it always has, and this will lead to bigger crowds, more money, more merchandising and more TV revenue from abroad for Football League clubs.

I don't see a downside for Rangers on this.

No, I don't see a downside for Rangers either Brian.

My point on British youth players was based on what's happened to the Prem but a slightly different angle in the FL, least the top end of it.

Imagine, for instance, QPR go the route another 10 clubs are thinking of. They have a choice, promote a youth player to the first team no one outside LR has ever heard of OR take a punt on an International player from a large populated country in say Asia, where they might attract a big audience of subscribers at £110 a pop. It's not hard to see where this could lead.

Personally, if it helps Rangers financially, I'm all for it. But it would mean it becomes even harder for youth players to break into FL sides, the same issue, but for different reasons admittedly, that the Premier has suffered. And you can be sure the FA won't step in to restrict this either.

As you say, great for Rangers, great for fans abroad (it will leak over to UK fans of course), just that one cautionary issue.
Login to get fewer ads

Good news for our non-British based fans on 12:24 - May 4 with 2170 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news for our non-British based fans on 11:56 - May 4 by stevec

No, I don't see a downside for Rangers either Brian.

My point on British youth players was based on what's happened to the Prem but a slightly different angle in the FL, least the top end of it.

Imagine, for instance, QPR go the route another 10 clubs are thinking of. They have a choice, promote a youth player to the first team no one outside LR has ever heard of OR take a punt on an International player from a large populated country in say Asia, where they might attract a big audience of subscribers at £110 a pop. It's not hard to see where this could lead.

Personally, if it helps Rangers financially, I'm all for it. But it would mean it becomes even harder for youth players to break into FL sides, the same issue, but for different reasons admittedly, that the Premier has suffered. And you can be sure the FA won't step in to restrict this either.

As you say, great for Rangers, great for fans abroad (it will leak over to UK fans of course), just that one cautionary issue.

Good post. I see your point of course. After all, we're pretty sure it's happened here already with a senior player or two.

I do think the time has come for the FA to restrict non-English players. Maybe they could start at youth level, but even that might be hard to get past the big clubs.

Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:12 - May 4 with 2113 viewsBklynRanger

Good news for our non-British based fans on 08:09 - May 4 by Lblock

I'm sure there'll be some UK based work around on this or, as many have said, moody streams to view. Great on one hand but then there's other aspects which I think make this a bad thing...
Step towards PPV and further dwindling attendances?
Increases in matchday costs?
Away supporters becoming a thing of the past?
An acceleration in my divorce as I'm watching football "every farkin Saturday"?
Huge stress levels due to a lack of QPR downtime????

Interesting stuff though nonetheless

Yeah, call me old fashioned but I don't trust it.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:40 - May 4 with 2085 viewsBrightonhoop

Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:12 - May 4 by BklynRanger

Yeah, call me old fashioned but I don't trust it.

If it's through the Club it should be sound, looks like it is aimed currently at Overseas supporters. Think it would be terrible in th UK as eventually fewer and fewer would go to games.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:55 - May 4 with 2063 viewsNorthernr

Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:40 - May 4 by Brightonhoop

If it's through the Club it should be sound, looks like it is aimed currently at Overseas supporters. Think it would be terrible in th UK as eventually fewer and fewer would go to games.

The only way it would ever happen in the UK is through Sky. The broadcast deal is too valuable to them - particularly to clubs like us whose ticket receipts don't even cover running costs.

Those talking about VPNs, if you're doing it through a legitimate subscription you also need a non-UK bank account according to the meeting I was at last night. That's a bit sht IMO, because I'd want to subscribe to it for use when I'm away on work trips. Hoos is arguing various points with the FL at the moment.

He's also succeeded in getting the licensing rules relaxed by the council so the bars at the ground don't have to close at 10 to three and immediately at the start of the second half.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Good news for our non-British based fans on 14:45 - May 4 with 2028 viewsBoston

Good news for our non-British based fans on 06:05 - May 4 by distortR

not available to people in the uk, according to Northern. Well, that's you effed then, my little non-independent island dwelling friend.

Now, the IOM IS NOT in the UK. We have our own government with our own massive pension deficit, but try telling that to the bastards in duty free. And to QPR, I imagine. It's not fair, I tell you.

You'll be fine, once the country you're not a part of Brexit's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Good news for our non-British based fans on 15:19 - May 4 with 2007 viewsBrightonhoop

Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:55 - May 4 by Northernr

The only way it would ever happen in the UK is through Sky. The broadcast deal is too valuable to them - particularly to clubs like us whose ticket receipts don't even cover running costs.

Those talking about VPNs, if you're doing it through a legitimate subscription you also need a non-UK bank account according to the meeting I was at last night. That's a bit sht IMO, because I'd want to subscribe to it for use when I'm away on work trips. Hoos is arguing various points with the FL at the moment.

He's also succeeded in getting the licensing rules relaxed by the council so the bars at the ground don't have to close at 10 to three and immediately at the start of the second half.

I guess the Overseas account is to kee it to those overseas, however the Sanish banks were about to fall over when I came over and I still haven't got one to this day, I've got some banking rotections with my UK account that you dont get with Euro accounts, certainly in Spain, because the banks are so dodgy.
So paying via Paypal would be useful.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 23:56 - May 4 with 1909 viewssmegma

Good news for our non-British based fans on 21:00 - May 3 by BrianMcCarthy

GEDDAFUGGIN!

£110 over ten months sounds ok to me. It's just over £2 a game.

I follow the Red Sox on MLB.com's streaming service and it's a gift.

Great news. Much, much more Rangers for me next year!

As it doesn't include Sky games etc that makes it about £3 a game. The cost of a programme.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 09:52 - May 5 with 1827 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news for our non-British based fans on 23:56 - May 4 by smegma

As it doesn't include Sky games etc that makes it about £3 a game. The cost of a programme.

It's still a steal.

Good news for our non-British based fans on 10:44 - May 5 with 1811 viewsFDC

Good news for our non-British based fans on 09:52 - May 5 by BrianMcCarthy

It's still a steal.

Especially if you steal it.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:25 - May 5 with 1745 viewsfrancisbowles

Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:55 - May 4 by Northernr

Oh great! More people coming in late for the start of each half and us on time having to do the stand up/sit down routine with an increased regularity.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:44 - May 5 with 1727 viewsLythamR

All these overseas £110 season tickets will allow the club to reduce or at least hold down ticket prices for those actually attending games, brilliant news all round
Good news for our non-British based fans on 13:50 - May 5 with 1719 viewsFredManRave

Good news for our non-British based fans on 10:44 - May 5 by FDC

Can you steal me one, please. I'll obviously pay you for it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Good news for our non-British based fans on 14:00 - May 5 with 1708 viewsisawqpratwcity

Good news for our non-British based fans on 10:44 - May 5 by FDC

This. Presumably if there is a feed it will end up free somewhere on the internet.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Good news for our non-British based fans on 16:40 - May 5 with 1670 viewsdistortR

Good news for our non-British based fans on 14:45 - May 4 by Boston

You'll be fine, once the country you're not a part of Brexit's.

Boston, I ain't got a clue what you mean there!!
Good news for our non-British based fans on 00:39 - May 6 with 1608 viewsFDC

Good news for our non-British based fans on 14:00 - May 5 by isawqpratwcity

This. Presumably if there is a feed it will end up free somewhere on the internet.

Being serious for a moment. (Clears throat). Like I said above, presumably they're reasonably confident of addressing this to some extent: there's a lot of noise about more stringent laws on streaming at the moment. Apparently hosting temp files is now considered downloading, which means streaming can technically result in jail time, and there's a lot of talk about regulating Kodi in some way. Hard to imagine that they'd suddenly starting making 100s of football streams available without some stringent measures in place in this environment.
Good news for our non-British based fans on 02:15 - May 6 with 1593 viewsisawqpratwcity

Good news for our non-British based fans on 00:39 - May 6 by FDC

Being serious for a moment. (Clears throat). Like I said above, presumably they're reasonably confident of addressing this to some extent: there's a lot of noise about more stringent laws on streaming at the moment. Apparently hosting temp files is now considered downloading, which means streaming can technically result in jail time, and there's a lot of talk about regulating Kodi in some way. Hard to imagine that they'd suddenly starting making 100s of football streams available without some stringent measures in place in this environment.

But surely the streams generally available whenever Sky are broadcasting are illegal?

You'd have to think that whatever protection they try to implement will be attacked from Day 1.

Just more pop-up ads, spontaneous extra windows and worries about virus protection to look forward to.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Good news for our non-British based fans on 02:26 - May 6 with 1579 viewsFDC

Re Sky streams being illegal, yeah of course, but this is getting towards a couple of orders of magnitude more streams being made available, and not even available legitimately to a domestic audience, so there's even more motivation to seek out illegal streams.

With all the attention on clamping down on illegal sports streams at the moment it would be surprising for the football league to go down this route without having additional means and methods in place to address it.

Not to say there won't be illegal streams of course, just that it might not be as straightforward as at present.

Edit: the interpretation of the act of streaming copyrighted content, as opposed hosting a stream, being illegal is significant. There's a lot of talk about getting ISPs to police this, which could be a game changer
[Post edited 6 May 2017 2:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024