Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green in the Mail 03:00 - Mar 12 with 18194 viewstimcocking

"Rob Green no longer appears to exist. He is not named when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink lists his roster of goalkeepers at Queens Park Rangers during media interviews, not involved when the first-team squad trains, nowhere to be seen on matchdays.

He remains a paid employee at Loftus Road, and comfortably the best goalkeeper at the club."

Which is why we all love the daily mail...

(ps I was more having a pop at the sh!t quality of the mail than Rob Green, who's been done over by the ffp. He's been ok for us mostly, I've no problem with him per se)
[Post edited 12 Mar 2016 15:51]
Rob Green in the Mail on 23:07 - Mar 13 with 3346 viewsisawqpratwcity

This is not about Smithies. I agree, I think he is better than Green's recent form. If we were choosing between Green and Smithies now, it would be Smithies. Maybe, nix, that is why Green wouldn't strike out the 'x games then new contract' clause. Given his constant selection and the rare occasion when he didn't play in that time the substitute keeper made a balls-up or two convinced him, and likely, his agent, that Green was irreplaceable and a sure thing to get the new contract if he held out.

Everyone is both rich and poor, dR. I've been unemployed for three years (I'm giving 60 a close shave) and can't even get a job stacking shelves at the local supermarket, but, hey, I'm still eating, with my dog, a TV and a roof (can't afford alcohol, which the doc says is good). Sure Green is rich and with options by comparison, but you'd have to be pretty bloody rich to walk away from half a million quid. He's facing his next contract at half what he's on now, and in five years time he will work for a year to earn what he now gets in 2-3 weeks, if he's lucky. That's not stated for sympathy, I'm just saying that his 'career' is very limited.

That is what annoys me the most about this episode, that the club said 'all or nothing, you definitely aren't going to be playing here, so if you want to work somewhere else, walk away from this contract'. If, instead, the club had said 'we'll chip in some (or all) of the difference between January and Summer', he'd have been off, everybody would be happy and the club would have saved at least a half million. (I stated this idea on this forum several times during the last transfer window. You know how much support it got? Don't ask.)

He is doing now what he needs to do. He is putting his face out there, saying he wants to play. I don't like the sound of this interview any more than most here, but in this situation there are certain things that you just say, and he is saying them. Jeez, he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, just cut the bloke some slack. (Sorry about the "booing" bit, that was ott.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rob Green in the Mail on 03:34 - Mar 14 with 3270 viewstimcocking

Rob Green in the Mail on 04:13 - Mar 14 with 3260 viewsPommyhoop

Thanks for the good times Rob
Here's a little something you might find useful.
Good luck !

[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 4:22]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:26 - Mar 14 with 3174 viewssimmo

He's so brilliant and easily 'the best keeper at the club' that the fans at QPR - the ones that have actually been forced to watch him with their own eyes more than the football fraternity, 'journalists' or dare I say it - some posters on this board, that when the Brentford keeper kicked a 4th and 5th ball straight in to touch on Saturday the crowd began singing Greens name...

If he wanted to remain in goal and be near the first team he shouldn't have been the most accident prone keeper in the top 4 leagues. He made more mistakes leading to goals than anyone prior to his removal from the team and the fact another keeper has come in and kept the clean sheets he has is further proof that Green was a big part of the problem, not a 'victim'.

We all know that if playing is his absolute first priority, he could easily have manufactured a move elsewhere. It's not his fault that QPR pay him really well and we should honour his conract as punishment for being stupid enough to offer it in the first place, but don't go fckin crying to a journalist about the injustice of it all when you've been in terrible form and been made richer than you ever deserved. QPR have given him an unbelievable pension, he should be kissing our feet and graciously accepting the fact that he's been usurped by a younger, better and more in form keeper because he's older, more expensive and in terrible form.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:59 - Mar 14 with 3135 viewsBluce_Ree

Admittedly, it's not an issue but if we were in a play-off chase/relegation battle and Smithies got injured, I'd want Green back in the team over any other option.

Sure, Green isn't playing but every team needs two proven keepers and in January there was still something to play for.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:40 - Mar 14 with 3105 viewsjonno

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:59 - Mar 14 by Bluce_Ree

Admittedly, it's not an issue but if we were in a play-off chase/relegation battle and Smithies got injured, I'd want Green back in the team over any other option.

Sure, Green isn't playing but every team needs two proven keepers and in January there was still something to play for.

I wouldn't. I think Ingram would be a better option now.
Rob Green in the Mail on 10:02 - Mar 14 with 3072 viewsSomersetHoops

I loved the crowd singing are you Greeno in disguise and Greeno Greeno every time Brentford's keeper played a badly distributed kick-out, which was quite often. It shows what we think of Rob Green and his most recent performances. Rob Green was told by Warnock that he would never make the 30 appearances in plenty of time for him to modify the contract he had. As it was to his benefit it was for him to modify if he wants to play, but rather than play he decided to take the money. In the same way QPR signed the contract and pay for the consequences, but I hope the club has learnt to consider all eventualities when accepting contracts for signature in future. As far as I'm concerned Rob Green may as well not exist and I didn't want him at QPR at any stage.

Who's Next?

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:39 - Mar 14 with 3050 viewspaulparker

Poor Signing from the Off

relegated with Norwich & West Ham, error prone and useless with his kicking
never seemed to want to improve either as a keeper , always seemed to be happy just picking up his wedge and drifting along
IMHO an expensive mix of tony Roberts & Jurgan Sommer ,
pay him up and fcuk him off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 3044 viewsdaveB

It gives Green a better chance of finding a new club if he comes across as hard done by rather than dropped for a better keeper
Rob Green in the Mail on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 3035 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:39 - Mar 14 by paulparker

Poor Signing from the Off

relegated with Norwich & West Ham, error prone and useless with his kicking
never seemed to want to improve either as a keeper , always seemed to be happy just picking up his wedge and drifting along
IMHO an expensive mix of tony Roberts & Jurgan Sommer ,
pay him up and fcuk him off

He was essential to us getting promoted last time.

I wonder who the next target will be when he goes?

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:52 - Mar 14 with 3026 viewsTacticalR

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:43 - Mar 14 by daveB

It gives Green a better chance of finding a new club if he comes across as hard done by rather than dropped for a better keeper

Yes, I think this is what this is really all about.

P.S. Personally I absolutely love his Guantanamo detainee chic. In my opinion that alone has done enough to earn him a move to the bench of a fashionable Premiership club.

[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 10:58]

Air hostess clique

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:05 - Mar 14 with 3001 viewssimmo

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:47 - Mar 14 by Bluce_Ree

He was essential to us getting promoted last time.

I wonder who the next target will be when he goes?

Maybe the next person to be directly responsible for conceding various goals and throwing away points like confetti?

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:09 - Mar 14 with 2989 viewsadhoc_qpr

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:43 - Mar 14 by daveB

He was only dropped due to the claue though - Smithies is better but would still be kicking his heels without that!
Rob Green in the Mail on 11:14 - Mar 14 with 2983 viewssimmo

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:09 - Mar 14 by adhoc_qpr

He was only dropped due to the claue though - Smithies is better but would still be kicking his heels without that!

I'm not sure, I think the clause gave them the excuse... Either way the ends justifies the means.

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:32 - Mar 14 with 2952 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:05 - Mar 14 by simmo

Maybe the next person to be directly responsible for conceding various goals and throwing away points like confetti?

Yeah but Green was getting the hate before his form went to kaka.

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:42 - Mar 14 with 2937 viewsPommyhoop

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:32 - Mar 14 by Bluce_Ree

I dont think he's ever been a scapegoat.
The same way as managers 'lose the dressing room ' he
well and truly ''lost the defence''. Prime example when he
wiped out Hall with that flap/dive and tried to say he called ,to which
Hall rightly told him to 'go f'ck himself'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:11 - Mar 14 with 2896 viewssimmo

I think Green was pretty well supported actually, he had his name sung and was widely commended for his perfromances, especially in the premiership where he was one of the few players to emerge with credit. There has always been question marks over his kicking and decision making which still cost the odd goal here and there, but I think that was mostly accepted as he made lots of saves.

Personally I have never rated him from the start, so I he did 'get hate' from me even before this season because I think he got away with lots of little things (bringing down Costa outside the area in the first few minutes for example) and it infuriated me that he didn't seem to work on and improve the things he is bad at - if I am a pro keeper working with pro coaches week in week out, I'd expect to work on getting my kicks over the halfway line as it keeps putting my team under pressure! Although I always supported him at matches up to this season and he made some exceptional saves at times.

The problem comes where your initial deficiencies are STILL there (kicking, receiving back passes, crazy decisions to rush out, etc) but are no longer covered by shot stopping to the point where you're missing saves that should be routine. As above, once he lost the defence in front of him - it was time for someone new. Someone that you personally said would look just as shit with the same defence in front of him.

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:12 - Mar 14 with 2892 viewsWatford_Ranger

A small minority were always on his back but his form was pretty awful for a good 18 months. It got considerably worse for the 10 games or so before he was finally dropped but he's been gash for a while. That bloody sending off against Forest when we were cruising and would have gone third or something had we won. Obviously not his fault entirely it all went to pot but he can't instil any confidence in the rest of the team which is what you expect from your most senior player.
Rob Green in the Mail on 12:41 - Mar 14 with 2841 viewsRangers67

He always had the air of a man lost in a strange world to me. Someone who thought he was sitting in a deckchair on Bournemouth beach, who is day dreaming and all of a sudden is brought back to the real world by a beach ball hitting him on the head, only what was really happening was Clint or Ned was shouting at him to wake the f*ck up. After seeing a decent keeper in Smithies it has only highlighted two things for me, how crap Green is/was and how useless Ramsay was to keep playing the clown. Get rid of him pronto.
Rob Green in the Mail on 12:56 - Mar 14 with 2811 viewsTheChef

Rob Green in the Mail on 19:25 - Mar 13 by Northernr

I've found this piece improves if you read it with this in the background.

Yanni's hair and tache combo really is quite something. He must get through a lot of conditioner.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:17 - Mar 14 with 2791 viewsBluce_Ree

Simmo, to be fair I did indeed say that Smithies would fail in front of that defence. I'm surprised how well the kid has done but I'd certainly want to see him over a few seasons like Green rather than just his body of work so far. I'm not sure he's being tested quite as much as Green was but I like the kid. Fair play to him.

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:22 - Mar 14 with 2785 viewsfrancisbowles

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:41 - Mar 14 by Rangers67

He always had the air of a man lost in a strange world to me. Someone who thought he was sitting in a deckchair on Bournemouth beach, who is day dreaming and all of a sudden is brought back to the real world by a beach ball hitting him on the head, only what was really happening was Clint or Ned was shouting at him to wake the f*ck up. After seeing a decent keeper in Smithies it has only highlighted two things for me, how crap Green is/was and how useless Ramsay was to keep playing the clown. Get rid of him pronto.

We kept playing him long after Ramsey!

I don't think anyone has mentioned his form when he first arrived. Atrocious in Malaysia and against Swansea, may have convinced club to get Caesar.

If the clause was instrumental in him being dropped then every cloud has a silver etc!
Rob Green in the Mail on 13:45 - Mar 14 with 2742 viewsJonDoeman

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:22 - Mar 14 by francisbowles

We kept playing him long after Ramsey!

I don't think anyone has mentioned his form when he first arrived. Atrocious in Malaysia and against Swansea, may have convinced club to get Caesar.

If the clause was instrumental in him being dropped then every cloud has a silver etc!

Yep Swansea & Hull , his QPR career bookended with calamities !
He was good in our promotion season to give him his due .

It Is What It Is !!

Rob Green in the Mail on 15:30 - Mar 14 with 2701 viewsconnell10

Rob greed

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:29 - Mar 15 with 2585 viewsconnell10

do you get it? Rob greed instead of rob green... or rob blind!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024