Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramseys Post Match Commente 03:20 - Aug 26 with 10160 viewsFredManRave

He seems more pissed off with the performance than most on here!

QPR head coach's frankly-honest assessment following Capital One Cup exit …

QPR are out of the Capital One Cup, following a 2-1 home defeat to Carlisle United in the second round tonight (Tuesday)
Rangers head coach Chris Ramsey left angered by loss
RANGERS boss Chris Ramsey was left disgusted after seeing his side crash out of the Capital One Cup to League Two outfit Carlisle United.

QPR went out at the second-round stage at Loftus Road, with the visitors scoring their second goal 11 minutes from time through Jason Kennedy.

Earlier, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas equalised late in the first half for the R’s, after Derek Asamoah put Carlisle in front.

Ramsey couldn’t hide his frustration after full-time, and told www.qpr.co.uk: “We should have killed the game off early on given the amount of chances we had.

“However, some of the players have got to look at themselves closely after tonight.

“They have to realise that the performance was not good enough.

“I made a number of changes, but the team I put out could quite easily feature in a Championship match.

“We need to have strength in depth but, if tonight is anything to go on, we haven’t got enough if we’re going to perform like that.

“Certain players in and around the first team need to step up — otherwise they’ll be gone very soon.”

He added: “That performance was unacceptable.

“I can’t necessarily blame the young players totally, I think some of the senior players didn’t play as well as they should have done.

“With the exception of Clint Hill, they should have set an example, and they didn’t.

“The effort from some of the players, who should have been more on their game, left a lot to be desired.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-carlisle-united-chris-ramsey-capital-one-c

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:30 - Aug 26 with 2596 viewsPhilmyRs

A lot of comments people have made are fair but I think they’re all things Les and Ramsey are aware of and are trying to address. There’s no need for panic.

Midfield. A lack of composure and creativity on the ball is a problem at times. Ramsey’s admitted Faurlin and his wand of a left foot is critical to the way he wants us to play. However, he understands the impact the injuries have had on him so we’re looking to get in a similar type of player. I take that to mean a steady centre midfielder with vision that’s not afraid to put his foot on the ball and pass to feet is being hunted. I hope we pull it off although it does make me wonder why we brought in Gobern.

Defence. We’re conceding too many goals, Ramsey’s said it’s a concern and that we’re in the market for a centre back. We recently missed out on Ream so shows this is an area we’re looking to strengthen. Hopefully we will.

Strikers. Firepower and the need to add some, has also been mentioned by Ramsey as a priority. Goals win games and if Charlie goes it’s vital we bring someone in. Again, I think we’ll do a deal ahead of deadline day and address this.

So, if we add a decent centre back, a creative centre midfielder and a decent striker, things suddenly look a bit different. Granted losing Austin and possibly Phillips will be a blow, but there would still be room for optimism if we at least address the other weaknesses. The worst case is we lose those two and fail to add the required resources as last night showed the strength in depth isn’t really there. I don’t think that will happen.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:32 - Aug 26 with 2593 viewsElHoop

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:40 - Aug 26 by QPunkR

See, should've played Diakité. I might've turned up as well then

Ramsey says that he's not good enough to make the squad, not even last night's squad, so he must be terrible.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:36 - Aug 26 with 2576 viewssouthernR

It was a disappointing scoreline, in the first half we were very much in control. Typically just as I stated that Carlisle looked toothless they scored but that was their only real chance. The second half came in fits and starts. At times we seemed to want to chase down Carlisle, when we did they struggled to keep possession. At times Carlisle had comfortable possession for lengthy periods and bearing in mind we were only drawing at this point it was poor. Hoilett is totally lacking in confidence, he tried to dribble past opponents 3 times in the match and the only time it came off was on our half way line. He should be good enough against lower league players. Gobern looked poor (again) and Polter, despite making chances for himself and others, is going to need lost of chances to get goals - his first 1on1 with the keeper he skied horribly - the stands were laughing but if it wasn't a league cup game I wonder how long the fans will enjoy his amusing style! JET was a mix of lumbering (but effective at times) ox who seems to suit a simple receive and charge style of play more akin to rugby than football - his goal was well taken and he alomost carved out a couple of similar opportunities - I though he could have had a penalty late in the 2nd when he seemed to be pushed, ref saw it as a slip. The youngsetrs all did OK but there is little there to suggest they are ready for the Championship unless they get support from more senior team members. Comley looked composed on the ball. luongo and Chery didn't have time to influence the game.
What do you expect Chris - you put out a lot of youngsters and they get beat in a game where we had the better chances but not enough, as it turns out, to win!
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:40 - Aug 26 with 2553 viewsfrancisbowles

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:32 - Aug 26 by ElHoop

Ramsey says that he's not good enough to make the squad, not even last night's squad, so he must be terrible.

It's not his ability that is the problem, it's how long is it before he gets a yellow (or worse) which then puts him on high risk status?
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:50 - Aug 26 with 2526 viewsElHoop

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:40 - Aug 26 by francisbowles

It's not his ability that is the problem, it's how long is it before he gets a yellow (or worse) which then puts him on high risk status?

I know, I know, it's hard to pick him. It's just frustrating when we keep going out like this.

It's particularly frustrating that we can't put out a 'unit' as against a 'collection of individuals'. It's pretty obvious that an inferior 'unit' will more often than not beat a 'motley collection of superior individuals' who don't actually form a fighting unit. It happens so often that it's not even a shock or a surprise. The organised unit is worth something that exceeds an awful lot of individual ability.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:53 - Aug 26 with 2516 viewssimmo

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:22 - Aug 26 by QPunkR

It's a dream that I think only me, you and a handful of other people that enjoy seeing what happens if you add petrol to a fire, share

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:59 - Aug 26 with 2502 viewsJamie

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:53 - Aug 26 by simmo

It's a dream that I think only me, you and a handful of other people that enjoy seeing what happens if you add petrol to a fire, share

Poor old Samba is a victim of the YouTube generation. Back in the 'good old days' even Ali Dia could get another club...

Now with YouTube 'tribute' videos for anyone to have ever stepped foot on the pitch, even AFC Guam know Diakite is an utter lunatic and so we can't even give him away.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:08 - Aug 26 with 2476 viewsQPunkR

I'm continuing to struggle against the dying of the light, but I also fear it shall remain just that - a dream

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:20 - Aug 26 with 2444 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think people are getting a little carried away by our 2nd choice players 'not being good enough' and our youth 'not being good enough'.

First of all, this was one game. Any team in the country if it made 10 changes from the team that started a few days earlier would, by definition, be fielding an extremely weakened side.

No, Doughty may not be 'good enough' at the moment - to be first choice. But as someone to come on as sub or play a few games when there are injuries, for where we are at the moment - clearly in a transitional phase after losing a dozen players - he's fine. Our back 4, Clint apart, probably has less than 25 first team games between them, and most of them were from Hall. Hardly a surprise if they look in trouble.

JET gets criticism, but he's scored two in two when he's started and is a wildcard we can bring on as sub, or be cover in those 3 positions behind our striker.

I know I like a knee-jerk, but we really do need to stop condemning everything after one defeat. It's noticeable that the board is all a-flurry today with mega-analysis and dour predictions of doom and hilarious references to the coach as 'Benny', you know, like from Crossroads (or do they mean Benny from Top Cat?), whereas it was almost supine after Saturday's game.

We need to be realistic here. Early indications are that, despite a porous defence, we're unlikely to be engaging in a relegation battle. If we can have a decent, entertaining season, that's progress and hopefully in a year's time things will be better. Worth noting that last time we were in this league, Bournemouth scored a lot of goals, but conceded freely too. They came mid-table. People loudly doubted that inexperienced Eddie Howe could organise a defence. Last season, no one had a batter defensive record away from home, and only a couple conceded more than one or two less at home than they did. They won the league, as you know.

Bare bones.

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:32 - Aug 26 with 2398 viewspaulparker

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:20 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

I think people are getting a little carried away by our 2nd choice players 'not being good enough' and our youth 'not being good enough'.

First of all, this was one game. Any team in the country if it made 10 changes from the team that started a few days earlier would, by definition, be fielding an extremely weakened side.

No, Doughty may not be 'good enough' at the moment - to be first choice. But as someone to come on as sub or play a few games when there are injuries, for where we are at the moment - clearly in a transitional phase after losing a dozen players - he's fine. Our back 4, Clint apart, probably has less than 25 first team games between them, and most of them were from Hall. Hardly a surprise if they look in trouble.

JET gets criticism, but he's scored two in two when he's started and is a wildcard we can bring on as sub, or be cover in those 3 positions behind our striker.

I know I like a knee-jerk, but we really do need to stop condemning everything after one defeat. It's noticeable that the board is all a-flurry today with mega-analysis and dour predictions of doom and hilarious references to the coach as 'Benny', you know, like from Crossroads (or do they mean Benny from Top Cat?), whereas it was almost supine after Saturday's game.

We need to be realistic here. Early indications are that, despite a porous defence, we're unlikely to be engaging in a relegation battle. If we can have a decent, entertaining season, that's progress and hopefully in a year's time things will be better. Worth noting that last time we were in this league, Bournemouth scored a lot of goals, but conceded freely too. They came mid-table. People loudly doubted that inexperienced Eddie Howe could organise a defence. Last season, no one had a batter defensive record away from home, and only a couple conceded more than one or two less at home than they did. They won the league, as you know.

if we are unlikely to be engaging in a relegation battle why the hell put out a confrence style team last night ?? , why not go for a run the league cup , would that not be a decent and entertaining season ??
as soon as i saw that team last night i put money on them beating us
i get why Ali, luango , & charlie can't play but the rest of the 1st team should have
are we really resting players for Huddersfield away
Ramsey fcuked up last night pure & simple,
this has nothing to do with pro ramsey or anti ramsey , if you cant condem a home defeat against a bottom 2nd divison team that is not far from confrence standard than when can you
he got it wrong either by his short comings as a coach or if he was trying to prove a point to the board for new signings

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:40 - Aug 26 with 2367 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:20 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Lots of common sense there but i think you are confusing two separate points.

Firstly, most of our backup/reserve players aren't good enough. I think this is largely true because to be honest, most of them have already flopped/struggled at this level (Gobern, JET, Hall) or are fairly untried and haven't really proven even themselves at any level (Doughty, RGC, Furlong etc).

The second point is that while they aren't good enough to start 30 games at Championship level, many of them are OK to fill in for injuries and suspensions in an otherwise first choice team. Doughty for example isn't good enough to start, but looks like he can do a job subbing on for tired legs.

Given our tight budget, it makes sense not to waste money of backups like we did last time (Onyewu, Chevanton). Spend our money on either first choice players or real rotational players (someone flexible like Perch good enough to play several positions when needed)
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:54 - Aug 26 with 2317 viewsstevec

In the case of Diakite, the fire went out first game against Swansea three seasons ago and it's never been lit since. Time to give up on lost causes methinks.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:56 - Aug 26 with 2312 viewsganjR

You play Diakite in a more advanced role, he will do well. Deeper and he will get sent off.
I still dot understand why people think that a 3 year plan to develop the club as a whole should be complete within the first month of the first season, AFTER a mass overhaul which is still happening.
We have to let youngsters get game time to allow them to develop. If we had played the first team and got injuries, people would be crying for the fringe players to be given a chance, we play fringe players and people are having breakdowns at paying reduced prices and not seeing the players who would be playing their 3rd game in less than 7 days.
We were poor, we had the chances to win, but didnt.
Lets hope for a good performance at the weekend. I will judge us at the end of the season (maybe by Christmas If we are that bad).
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 12:43 - Aug 26 with 2203 viewssimmo

I hope we win absolutely every game from now on, otherwise we might not win all the cups.

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 12:54 - Aug 26 with 2173 viewsPhilmyRs

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 11:32 - Aug 26 by paulparker

if we are unlikely to be engaging in a relegation battle why the hell put out a confrence style team last night ?? , why not go for a run the league cup , would that not be a decent and entertaining season ??
as soon as i saw that team last night i put money on them beating us
i get why Ali, luango , & charlie can't play but the rest of the 1st team should have
are we really resting players for Huddersfield away
Ramsey fcuked up last night pure & simple,
this has nothing to do with pro ramsey or anti ramsey , if you cant condem a home defeat against a bottom 2nd divison team that is not far from confrence standard than when can you
he got it wrong either by his short comings as a coach or if he was trying to prove a point to the board for new signings

Just wondering when you saw the team selected for the 1st round did you put money on us losing? That also featured a lot of the second string, yet we played well and deservedly won.

From that team that comfortably beat Yeovil, Ned was rested. Understandable due to his dodgy hamstrings so made sense to take a look at a Hall/Hill partnership. Gladwin was injured so had to be replaced. Right call to give the new keeper a run out in case Green goes. Would rather see him debut in a cup game then a tough away fixture at Fulham. Perch hasn’t been playing that well recently and we don’t have much cover at at right back. Again, it made sense to give Furlong a game and have a look at whether he should be pushing Perch for a first team place. Phillips could be off soon, so can understand the manager looking at alternatives, although that possibly would have been the only position I would have left unchanged. To me Phillips seems to improve the more Football he play’s, when he’s been away from the action he looks rusty.

All in all though I have no problem with Ramsey’s selections last night. It should have been strong enough to beat Carlisle and on chances we should have won the game. The failure to finish cost us, not the team picked by Ramsey.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 13:13 - Aug 26 with 2105 viewssimmo

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 12:54 - Aug 26 by PhilmyRs

Just wondering when you saw the team selected for the 1st round did you put money on us losing? That also featured a lot of the second string, yet we played well and deservedly won.

From that team that comfortably beat Yeovil, Ned was rested. Understandable due to his dodgy hamstrings so made sense to take a look at a Hall/Hill partnership. Gladwin was injured so had to be replaced. Right call to give the new keeper a run out in case Green goes. Would rather see him debut in a cup game then a tough away fixture at Fulham. Perch hasn’t been playing that well recently and we don’t have much cover at at right back. Again, it made sense to give Furlong a game and have a look at whether he should be pushing Perch for a first team place. Phillips could be off soon, so can understand the manager looking at alternatives, although that possibly would have been the only position I would have left unchanged. To me Phillips seems to improve the more Football he play’s, when he’s been away from the action he looks rusty.

All in all though I have no problem with Ramsey’s selections last night. It should have been strong enough to beat Carlisle and on chances we should have won the game. The failure to finish cost us, not the team picked by Ramsey.

Also most of the first team had 3 games in a week, some of which played every minute. Ramsey spoke before about making sure that the squad members don't feel as though they are just 'making up the numbers' or simply there for cup games, and that’s important for fostering a good team spirit — the kind of spirit that allowed us to come from behind against Wolves and win.

I had no problem with the team and giving those players a chance to re-affirm a 1st team place, some seemed to strengthen their credentials, others showed why they are not there for inclusion. We could play that game again, exact same players and we win 3-0 — it’s just the way it goes — on to Saturday and the chance for more away points.

Also, don;t get me wrong - I would love a cup run and long for the chance to see us play at Wembley for a proper cup final, but this cup 'pedigree' stretches well beyond the current regime and at least now we are being knocked out with a team of players that are relatively inexpensive and gaining experience, with a manager that condemns the performance of players given a chance rather than blaming it on not having enough players, or saying things like 'they gave it their all' when they clearly fckin didn't.

Let's try and strike a balance. FT whistle at Wolves was a 10 - FT whistle against Carlise a 2. A steady 6 would be good, not amazing, but better than average considering and chance for improvement.

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 13:26 - Aug 26 with 2081 viewsbob566

wouldn't have minded seeing ryan manning given a go instead of gobern.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 2038 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 07:26 - Aug 26 by Recoilboss

Didn't see or follow match but assume Toilet was Toilet? (surprise). CR's comments seem thinly veiled towards him in particular.

Toilet doesn't care he is still picking up his 50k a week.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 13:47 - Aug 26 with 2034 viewssimmo

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 13:44 - Aug 26 by SpiritofGregory

Toilet doesn't care he is still picking up his 50k a week.

Here she comes, ready to invade every post. Message board days like this is what you live for.

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 14:00 - Aug 26 with 2015 viewsdaveB

never ceases to amaze me the over reaction to every cup defeat, going to be a long old season on here. You could cut and paste this and other threads on here today to this time next year and will be the same story, we never get past this stage of the cup and even if we had Liverpool would have smash us in the next round.

Seems to me that Ramsey made it pretty clear he was going to pick the fringe players and give them a chance, as he did in the first round. Good chance Austin and Phillips will be gone in a weeks time so may as well look at our other options up front and out wide. Turns out the fringe players are not great so that probably does Ramsey a favour and may mean he is allowed to bring a few more players in, he's worked under redknapp so knows that trick well.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 14:12 - Aug 26 with 1987 viewsElHoop

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 14:00 - Aug 26 by daveB

never ceases to amaze me the over reaction to every cup defeat, going to be a long old season on here. You could cut and paste this and other threads on here today to this time next year and will be the same story, we never get past this stage of the cup and even if we had Liverpool would have smash us in the next round.

Seems to me that Ramsey made it pretty clear he was going to pick the fringe players and give them a chance, as he did in the first round. Good chance Austin and Phillips will be gone in a weeks time so may as well look at our other options up front and out wide. Turns out the fringe players are not great so that probably does Ramsey a favour and may mean he is allowed to bring a few more players in, he's worked under redknapp so knows that trick well.

It's not an over reaction, it's a reaction. What in god's name do you want people to say? Nothing? You can agree or disagree or ignore, it's your choice. Yes we do always lose these games but why can't we complain or suggest how to win these games? Why do we have to have this constant stream of 'now don't be silly now' Barrowclough from Porridge stuff from some of the high and mighty round here?
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 14:13 - Aug 26 with 1985 viewsozexile

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:18 - Aug 26 by Discodroids

valid points my good man, I assume Frankie sutherland is injured?.

If we are bereft of fiscal funds , as signing such shithouses as gobern would indicate, I do wonder at the Theory to spend one and a half million on a goalkeeper to stare at the folds of fat on ramseys neck for the season. I imagine they must have been 100% sure that Green was off to upton park.

I think it may have been more prudent to wait until Green Had actually gone, before we laid out such a large amount of our limited budget for Smithies. From what i could read in the press, there wasnt exactly a stampede to secure his services to snap him up.

Strange use of our budget imo.

Agree.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 15:11 - Aug 26 with 1890 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think a lot of what CR said is right however, if he had doubts about players like Hoilett or winning the game, he should have had and used the players to change it, to me he did not and that is poor management.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 15:42 - Aug 26 with 1835 viewstimcocking

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 14:12 - Aug 26 by ElHoop

It's not an over reaction, it's a reaction. What in god's name do you want people to say? Nothing? You can agree or disagree or ignore, it's your choice. Yes we do always lose these games but why can't we complain or suggest how to win these games? Why do we have to have this constant stream of 'now don't be silly now' Barrowclough from Porridge stuff from some of the high and mighty round here?

I think it's more the point that whilst some voice a negative opinion on occasion, which is their prerogative, or a valid criticism, it's that certain others react like the whole world has come to an end when anything doesn't go their way. Saying things like the manager is clueless when we've only played a few games with a new team is a ridiculously pathetic way to be and bloody annoying. It also shows up a glaring lack of knowledge about high level football. Clearly, anybody who claims they are certain of anything after such a short space of time either has a crystal ball or are not very bright. Our manager may well be clueless, we might go down, but we might romp away with the league yet for all anybody knows. We don't even know what our team is. I should hope trying to keep a little restraint and perspective seems far more palatable to most than these constant histrionics we have to suffer...
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 16:06 - Aug 26 with 1795 viewsganjR

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 13:26 - Aug 26 by bob566

wouldn't have minded seeing ryan manning given a go instead of gobern.

To be fair mate, they play in different positions.
I doubt he'll make any apperances for the first team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024