Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Ayew 11:51 - Jun 9 with 43625 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Not a (very) reliable source, but Harry Redkanpp just posted this on Twitter:

Thoughts?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Andre Ayew on 11:59 - Jun 9 with 11839 viewsswantastic

If Redknapp thinks he's a good player then he's probably sh!t....
Andre Ayew on 12:00 - Jun 9 with 11839 viewsClinton

I'd have thought Harry would be enjoying the good life on such a nice day, rather than engaging in idle gossip.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Andre Ayew on 12:07 - Jun 9 with 11788 viewsPegojack

Andre Ayew on 12:00 - Jun 9 by Clinton

I'd have thought Harry would be enjoying the good life on such a nice day, rather than engaging in idle gossip.

Perhaps he's recuperating from a 'knee operation'.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2015 12:08]
Andre Ayew on 12:42 - Jun 9 with 11577 viewstrampie

It would be a huge signing for the Swans, I would expect others to get him before the Swans but you never know.

Go get him Swans I say, no guarantees for any transfer and everything is relative but all in all even if there was a big signing on fee and big wages the up side would be far bigger than the downside, considering his age and the level he has been playing at etc, there is a big upside to this potential transfer in improving the team, even greatly improving the team as well as attracting other 'name' players and as regards future resale value.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Andre Ayew on 12:56 - Jun 9 with 11430 viewsJACKARSE

Doesn't really make sense ... he's on £60,000 a week and wants more .... plus a sign on fee ..... plus he is a LW ?
Andre Ayew on 13:04 - Jun 9 with 11372 viewsmacthejack

Andre Ayew on 12:56 - Jun 9 by JACKARSE

Doesn't really make sense ... he's on £60,000 a week and wants more .... plus a sign on fee ..... plus he is a LW ?

Isn't Jeff naturally a right winger though?

To be honest I'm not sure how much attention we pay to what side our wingers play on as we don't really rely on them whipping in crosses, if they can beat a man then it doesn't matter so much what side they play on.

Reading some of the West Ham fans reactions on Twitter is funny.
Andre Ayew on 13:06 - Jun 9 with 11356 viewslondonlisa2001

Andre Ayew on 12:56 - Jun 9 by JACKARSE

Either wing and second striker I thought?

If it happens, which I still think I'd take with a pinch of salt, this would be a tremendous signing for us. Play in the 'usual' formation on the right, in the diamond in the second striker role and provide top quality back up for Gomis but can play together as well.

It seems btw that we at least know that 'Sky Sources' is in fact old Harry :-)
Andre Ayew on 13:11 - Jun 9 with 11314 viewsairedale

A Spurs blog seems to think that he's an expensive boy.

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/ayew-to-swansea-now.html
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Ayew on 13:13 - Jun 9 with 11288 viewsswanduck

His Twitter is making me lol
Andre Ayew on 13:16 - Jun 9 with 11248 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Did y'all see the West Ham fan reactions to his tweet? Pretty pissed - they want Ayew bad.

I started following him when Ghana played USA and then Germany in the WC last summer. In both matches he looked like one of the best players on the pitch.

But I hope he or Montero are comfortable on the right - would make a truly awesome duo of wingers.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Andre Ayew on 13:17 - Jun 9 with 11245 viewslondonlisa2001

Andre Ayew on 13:11 - Jun 9 by airedale

A Spurs blog seems to think that he's an expensive boy.

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/ayew-to-swansea-now.html

When these players are out of contract though, paying an additional £30k per week on top of our 'normal' wage (for argument's sake) costs c.£6m across a four year deal.

Anyone would buy this sort of player for £6m so it makes financial sense. The only issue comes if the other players start being annoyed at it. But they can also probably see the difference in the wage and the 'instead of transfer fee' bit. It doesn't seem to have caused a problem with Gomis as far as I have seen - he seems very popular.
Andre Ayew on 13:22 - Jun 9 with 11194 viewsperchrockjack

Can't see why fans are bothered about player s wages

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Andre Ayew on 13:23 - Jun 9 with 11190 viewslondonlisa2001

Andre Ayew on 13:22 - Jun 9 by perchrockjack

Can't see why fans are bothered about player s wages

I always think that too Perch. I trust the club not to put us into financial problems and therefore it's up to them how they allocate the budget.

Edited to add - of course, we all have opinions about whether a particular player is worth the money or not - that's not the same thing though.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2015 13:29]
Andre Ayew on 13:33 - Jun 9 with 11086 viewsmacthejack

Andre Ayew on 13:17 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

When these players are out of contract though, paying an additional £30k per week on top of our 'normal' wage (for argument's sake) costs c.£6m across a four year deal.

Anyone would buy this sort of player for £6m so it makes financial sense. The only issue comes if the other players start being annoyed at it. But they can also probably see the difference in the wage and the 'instead of transfer fee' bit. It doesn't seem to have caused a problem with Gomis as far as I have seen - he seems very popular.

^Exactly^

From what I can see it's quite a good transfer policy as it allows you to obtain a better quality player for the same amount of money. Okay you pay more in wages but that's balanced out by what you don't pay for the transfer. I know it's not quite that simple in reality but it's a pretty decent transfer policy and it's worked well for Fabianski and Gomis so far.
Andre Ayew on 13:35 - Jun 9 with 11070 viewsdobjack2

Andre Ayew on 13:17 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

It's all about how any issues over wages are handled by management at a club. Handled well - no problem handled badly- dressing room unrest. Agree that from the outside all seems well with Gomis.
Andre Ayew on 13:39 - Jun 9 with 11033 viewsGlyn1

Does Harry really have a twitter account or is this an impostor?

Anyway, I doubt if it's true.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Andre Ayew on 13:43 - Jun 9 with 11001 viewsperchrockjack

Well, Lisa, it just baffles the crap outta me if someone seems concerned about wages.
Our board can do that and i think they be done just fine.

Frankly, I d be more concerned if we paid poorly as we did for many years.

All prem players are on another planet financially. That's simply 2015.

Not just football .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Andre Ayew on 13:43 - Jun 9 with 10997 viewsyogibear_412

Sounds like Harry Redknapp is stirring other clubs into action....probably west ham!

what other motives could he have for a tweet? - weird he knows so much about him and his agent!
Andre Ayew on 13:43 - Jun 9 with 10997 viewsairedale

Yes, I think that you guys are right.

The trick is, imo, getting the right player, who is also out of contract, at the time we want them.

Regarding this method, when is Chico from Man U out of contract I wonder?
Andre Ayew on 13:45 - Jun 9 with 10987 viewsairedale

Andre Ayew on 13:43 - Jun 9 by yogibear_412

Sounds like Harry Redknapp is stirring other clubs into action....probably west ham!

what other motives could he have for a tweet? - weird he knows so much about him and his agent!

Its all about the dog and the bone innit. His missus is probably glad to see the back of him off to his shed.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2015 13:45]
Andre Ayew on 13:48 - Jun 9 with 10956 viewslondonlisa2001

Andre Ayew on 13:39 - Jun 9 by Glyn1

Does Harry really have a twitter account or is this an impostor?

Anyway, I doubt if it's true.

God knows - that account has a blue tick so has supposedly been verified as the person by Twitter themselves.

Sky Sports journos are now saying it's true, although that may just be circular (though you'd think they would do some checking).

Someone said that he has the same agent as Gomis?
Andre Ayew on 13:52 - Jun 9 with 10929 viewslondonlisa2001

Andre Ayew on 13:43 - Jun 9 by perchrockjack

Well, Lisa, it just baffles the crap outta me if someone seems concerned about wages.
Our board can do that and i think they be done just fine.

Frankly, I d be more concerned if we paid poorly as we did for many years.

All prem players are on another planet financially. That's simply 2015.

Not just football .

I'm far more concerned with the idea of paying players like Donelly a few thousand a week than a player that will enhance our first team £60k per week to be honest (and I know it's because we hope that one day they will enhance our first team).

I agree though that it's a big step that we seem to now be able to compete with teams like the West Ham's of this world. For me, this represents far better financial sense than paying players like (for example) Fuchs a lot of money. The value of the player at the end of the time with us has to be taken into account and we seem to do that well. As for whether any of them are actually worth it - of course they're not, but that's football these days.
Andre Ayew on 13:54 - Jun 9 with 10908 viewsairedale

Andre Ayew on 13:48 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

God knows - that account has a blue tick so has supposedly been verified as the person by Twitter themselves.

Sky Sports journos are now saying it's true, although that may just be circular (though you'd think they would do some checking).

Someone said that he has the same agent as Gomis?

I wonder sometimes if clubs try to 'buddy up' their foreign players with same nationality signings themselves, or clubs nearby having them, being convenient.
Andre Ayew on 14:02 - Jun 9 with 10820 viewsdobjack2

If true we may not be the only club he is visiting, hopefully no repeat of the Tom ince carnival.
Andre Ayew on 14:03 - Jun 9 with 10810 viewslondonlisa2001

Andre Ayew on 13:54 - Jun 9 by airedale

I wonder sometimes if clubs try to 'buddy up' their foreign players with same nationality signings themselves, or clubs nearby having them, being convenient.

Yes - that would make sense.

If we are signing this full back as well, we would potentially have 3 French (or previously French based since he is Ghanaian ) players, which I guess makes it nicer for them and for their families / partners.

I will remain sceptical about this one until I see it on the official site. Seems like a huge coup if we pull it off.

The West Ham fans are funny though. They keep going on about offering him a future with a club in Europe - they only qualified via the Fair Play - they have about 3 rounds before they're even in the EL I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024