Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) 22:34 - Feb 10 with 7992 viewsPinnerPaul

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9709415/ramsey-huge-win?
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 08:50 - Feb 11 with 1761 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He'll do for me

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 08:59 - Feb 11 with 1748 viewsMonahoop

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 08:50 - Feb 11 by Metallica_Hoop

He'll do for me

And me and from what I've been scanning on here, almost everyone else. But this is QPR. The fans don't get what they expect, like the last two dunderheads that were lumped on us.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:01 - Feb 11 with 1738 viewsPinnerPaul

Ah - what a win can do.

Take a peek at posts last night after team selected, quite a few wanted him out, some seriously!
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:02 - Feb 11 with 1738 viewsQPunkR

Reckon he should be defo given the job til the end of the season and see how he does in that time. He sounds good and seems to enjoy it so why not give him an opportunity.

QPR - "shit but local"

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:05 - Feb 11 with 1723 viewsJonDoeman

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:01 - Feb 11 by PinnerPaul

Ah - what a win can do.

Take a peek at posts last night after team selected, quite a few wanted him out, some seriously!

Same experts who didn't want Harry fcking Kane on loan probably!! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:16 - Feb 11 with 1704 viewsTheBlob

Yeah,but hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it?Let's see what happens in the next couple of games before we go deifying him - it's one defeat and one win and despite the gritty performance we still gave the ball away cheaply and switched off at times.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:21 - Feb 11 with 1695 viewsPinnerPaul

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:02 - Feb 11 by QPunkR

Reckon he should be defo given the job til the end of the season and see how he does in that time. He sounds good and seems to enjoy it so why not give him an opportunity.

I do agree, just wary how things can change quickly in football.

Your mate had another good game last night?
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:26 - Feb 11 with 1681 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ah - what a win can do.

Really? I saw only one post wanting him out...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:27 - Feb 11 with 1677 viewsTheBlob

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:05 - Feb 11 by JonDoeman

Same experts who didn't want Harry fcking Kane on loan probably!! ;)

Yeah I didn't.At that time he was raw,weak, ineffectual,and had been punted out to lower clubs already.As i said elsewhere hindsight is a wonderful thing innit?

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:34 - Feb 11 with 1661 viewsRangersw12

Ah - what a win can do.

I have to be honest I didn't fancy us with that team he picked especially as the formation looked like 442 ( going by the club graphic on twitter ) but watching the game from the 1st min we were a completely different team and every player looked a yard quicker

At least with these last two games you could see what the game plan was which was seriously lacking from Redknapp over the last 2 years
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:34 - Feb 11 with 1661 viewsisawqpratwcity

Trouble is its ten days to our next game: I'd like to see R&B run another game but I can't see Tony sitting on his hands for that long.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:34 - Feb 11 with 1661 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:16 - Feb 11 by TheBlob

Yeah,but hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it?Let's see what happens in the next couple of games before we go deifying him - it's one defeat and one win and despite the gritty performance we still gave the ball away cheaply and switched off at times.

I didn't see last night's game, but I think you've a point here.

I like his demeanour a lot, like his positivity and pride, and I think he's given the players, fans and club a lot of pride back. I'm very impressed with him, whether he'll be our first-team manager next week, or our academy manager and player-development manager.

However, from here to the end of the season is yet another crucial time for us, perhaps the most crucial yet. With the FFP fine looming over us, we absolutely have to have the best first-team manager possible.

Now, while Fernandes has a patchy record with regards to manager appointments, if he comes across a fine manager, someone whose past record and present hunger suggests that he can do a better job than Ramsey, he absolutely has to go for it now, rather than in June. If he can find no such candidate, then by all means let Ramsey continue his fine work to date.

It's a huge call, but we can't be clouded by the (oh-so-welcome!) feel-good factor that Ramsey's demeanour and solid work has produced.

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:38 - Feb 11 with 1649 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ah - what a win can do.

Yes, and it's ridiculous to want to appoint him permanent manager on the basis of one game, especially against a side with a home record as lousy as Sunderland's.

But one of the things that impressed me about his press conference was his insistence that he had got decent players and expected them to play to a plan. And the point about that is that the team selection is secondary. Of course it matters hugely, but frankly if a player is not capable of playing a premier league game and carrying out the plans of the manager he should not be in the squad. OK, some of them probably shouldn't be, but given the money spent that's an indictment of the previous two managers. In principle he's right - if it is a disaster to pick Rio or bring on SWP then wtf are they doing here?

To take a less controversial player, Phillips has hardly impressed this season but the fact is that he's one of the few out-and-out wingers we have, and we have strikers who thrive on good crosses. Last night was the first time we've seen him go out and do the basics of a wingers job; some of the credit has to go to the manager. Similarly Fer was outstanding - but selecting him wasn't the key, we've been doing that all season, it was knowing how to use him once selected.

One swallow and summers etc, but it's only fair to say Ramsey did very well last night
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:40 - Feb 11 with 1641 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:38 - Feb 11 by CiderwithRsie

Yes, and it's ridiculous to want to appoint him permanent manager on the basis of one game, especially against a side with a home record as lousy as Sunderland's.

But one of the things that impressed me about his press conference was his insistence that he had got decent players and expected them to play to a plan. And the point about that is that the team selection is secondary. Of course it matters hugely, but frankly if a player is not capable of playing a premier league game and carrying out the plans of the manager he should not be in the squad. OK, some of them probably shouldn't be, but given the money spent that's an indictment of the previous two managers. In principle he's right - if it is a disaster to pick Rio or bring on SWP then wtf are they doing here?

To take a less controversial player, Phillips has hardly impressed this season but the fact is that he's one of the few out-and-out wingers we have, and we have strikers who thrive on good crosses. Last night was the first time we've seen him go out and do the basics of a wingers job; some of the credit has to go to the manager. Similarly Fer was outstanding - but selecting him wasn't the key, we've been doing that all season, it was knowing how to use him once selected.

One swallow and summers etc, but it's only fair to say Ramsey did very well last night

Good post.

How do you put a word in italics, Rosie?

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:45 - Feb 11 with 1634 viewsTheBlob

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:38 - Feb 11 by CiderwithRsie

Yup.
And anyone who can coax a decent cross out of someone deserves a shiny medal.Ditto getting a propper performance out of Rio,just what we'd hoped,full of calm assurance and experienced anticipation.We still haven't managed a decent through ball yet though.First thing in training is to cut out these needless little flicks and risky taps in the middle of the park,three touches where one will do - more movement please.

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:46 - Feb 11 with 1460 viewsadhoc_qpr

I couldn't believe he'd picked Krancjar on the left, but actually he did a good job, keeping the ball and spreading it well.
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:53 - Feb 11 with 1440 viewsQPunkR

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:21 - Feb 11 by PinnerPaul

I do agree, just wary how things can change quickly in football.

Your mate had another good game last night?

Must confess I didn't watch last night, so I missed his only good game of the season then!
Maybe I've hit on a formula though - maybe I was the jinx, not Arry! One of our only games I've missed this season and we pick up our first away points!

QPR - "shit but local"

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:57 - Feb 11 with 1432 viewsCiderwithRsie

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:40 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post.

How do you put a word in italics, Rosie?

Ha, only just discovered italics and I'm trying to use 'em every post.

It's in the "how do I...?" section next to show/hide smileys. Put at the start and at the end
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 10:01 - Feb 11 with 1409 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:57 - Feb 11 by CiderwithRsie

Ha, only just discovered italics and I'm trying to use 'em every post.

It's in the "how do I...?" section next to show/hide smileys. Put at the start and at the end

That is really appreciated!

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 10:11 - Feb 11 with 1384 viewsjohncharles

All that crap Harry talked about pace. We had plenty last night. It's about when to run and where to run to. Buying another player who can run quite fast was never the answer.

Strong and stable my arse.

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 10:12 - Feb 11 with 1380 viewsHunterhoop

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 10:01 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

That is really appreciated!

This is so like something out of The Fast Show.
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 11:32 - Feb 11 with 1298 viewsPinnerPaul

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 09:26 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Really? I saw only one post wanting him out...

Ok Brian, JUST from page 1

FFS
And the goals will come from?
Has Redcrapp been reinstated?
WTF
Lucky to get nil
Ramsey Out
Ramsey out is no joke
How can anyone drop Zarate
Really awful line up
Don't understand that team at all
Sh T team selection

and there are two more pages of that!

Point is how quickly opinions change!
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 11:48 - Feb 11 with 1272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 11:32 - Feb 11 by PinnerPaul

FFS
WTF
Lucky to get nil
Ramsey Out
Ramsey out is no joke
Really awful line up
Sh T team selection

I thought it was a strange team too (Niko?), but I didn't want him out. And from the look of your list only two did. Big difference between questioning team selection and wanting the man bombed out, in fairness.

I agree and completely take your point that opinions change, though. In fact, I've posted as much somewhere on here this morning.

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 12:11 - Feb 11 with 1240 viewsHunterhoop

Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 11:32 - Feb 11 by PinnerPaul

FFS
WTF
Lucky to get nil
Ramsey Out
Ramsey out is no joke
Really awful line up
Sh T team selection

You've just undermined yourself, Pinner.

So 2 of 11 from that list "wanted him out". Not quite the "lots" you refer to earlier. Especially as we can assume the % of those wanting him "out" of those who weren't b*tching was probably a lot lower.

You seem incapable from differentiating from criticism (reasoned or not) and "not supporting the man in charge". It's perfectly possible to criticise, disagree, challenge or question someone or something, without it automatically meaning you want the person out, don't support the club, etc.

People disliking the team does not equal everyone wanting him our or thinking he's doing a bad job. It just means they disliked the team.
Well done that man! (Ramsey post match) on 12:18 - Feb 11 with 1228 viewsadhoc_qpr

I wrote 'Ramsey out' sarcastically...

Mainly because I was underwhelmed by the selection of Niko pre-match due to the fact he was seemingly behind Adel and Zarate on Saturday but suddenly catapult's into the first team.

He played pretty well though, so what do I know?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024