Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. 20:20 - Jan 5 with 4013 viewsizzitme

As Coleman's annual contract falls about now, would the board consider asking Hill back ?
There are many who would not want this, but in reality he remains our best ever manager, currently out of work, and with serious dissent taking hold of season ticket holders and justified diminishing home support, this is an option to at least try.
Of course Hill may not be interested, but then again I don't think he will get many other olive branches as his career lies in ruins at present.
It would be interesting if someone could organise an online vote, and I think the "ayes" would have it?
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:22 - Jan 5 with 3106 viewsdavidab2202

If it was announced that Hill was starting on Monday,it wouldn't be a minute too soon for me.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:28 - Jan 5 with 3059 viewsdingdangblue

I would imagine Hill would think he could do a lot better than here.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:31 - Jan 5 with 3024 viewsSaxonDale

Coleman still has 12 months left on his contract, as he will have at any stage of the season until a new contract is signed (or he's sacked.)
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:32 - Jan 5 with 3014 views49thseason

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:28 - Jan 5 by dingdangblue

That's what got him where he is now. The fact is he could have had a job for life had he stayed and in time all his financial dreams could have been met. As it is he might not work again for months or years and all his increased salary will be gone together with his reputation, especially if Barnsley have managed to disconnect Flicker from him.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:34 - Jan 5 with 2995 views442Dale

If we had a vacancy, which we don't, it'd be Flitcroft who would be a better and more importantly, a less controversial option.

His arrival would see attendances increase immediately, the chance to press a reset button and create a feel good factor on name value and likability alone.

Completely hypothetical situation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:34 - Jan 5 with 2995 viewswimborne_dale

Many would imagine they themselves could do a lot better

Many would welcome Hill back but it would have to be soon while he is still available. It would be a risk as he may have lost the plot and if he has indeed lost the plot and returns to Spotland then Dale would be serious trouble BUT if the current run of form continues unchecked then Dale would be in serious trouble.

Reports of unprofessional behaviour by the manager and our appalling disciplinary record are a big concern. Sort it out CD.

Edgar Allan's Crow

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:35 - Jan 5 with 2994 viewsroccydaleian

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:31 - Jan 5 by SaxonDale

Coleman still has 12 months left on his contract, as he will have at any stage of the season until a new contract is signed (or he's sacked.)

How do you know how long his contract is Saxon? Nobody else seems to know.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:38 - Jan 5 with 2962 views442Dale

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:35 - Jan 5 by roccydaleian

This has been posted before, and is the only place where the contract has been mentioned I think.

http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/sport/football/rochdale/s/1590589_coleman

Edit: the link below backs it up, especially as its from the start of his tenure.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:38 - Jan 5 with 2954 viewsSaxonDale

It was reported in the MEN in the build up to the Accrington Stanley game,

http://menmedia.co.uk/accringtonobserver/sport/football/accrington_stanley/s/147

442 posted this a few weeks ago for anyone who was wondering what a rolling contract is,

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s115/st73284.htm
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:39 - Jan 5 with 2951 viewsashes

Never understood why they didn't get rid of Coleman over the Dubai trip. Would have been gross misconduct and not have cost us a payout.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:43 - Jan 5 with 2934 views49thseason

Coleman / Bell on gardening leave for 12 months partly paid for by returning fans? Quick offer to Hilly / Flicker on lowish salary for 12 months with larger bonuses for results / player sales / attendances etc.?

Go on Dunphy, you know you want to!
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:43 - Jan 5 with 2934 viewsashes

Hill for me definitely.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:59 - Jan 5 with 2898 viewsDaleFan7

Hill wouldn't come back, would have Flitcroft in a blink of an eye.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:07 - Jan 5 with 2871 viewsColDale

Also, I'm not sure whether the same hunger would be there again with Hill. We'd basically be asking him to do exactly the same job again, but also fully aware that the first opportunity to step up again, he would take it.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:11 - Jan 5 with 2842 viewsdingdangblue

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:43 - Jan 5 by 49thseason

Coleman / Bell on gardening leave for 12 months partly paid for by returning fans? Quick offer to Hilly / Flicker on lowish salary for 12 months with larger bonuses for results / player sales / attendances etc.?

Go on Dunphy, you know you want to!

And why would they come back to a commercially badly run club with one of the lowest fanbases of all the clubs in England? We don't have a choice who we support and if we did would you choose dale? Hill does have a choice.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:14 - Jan 5 with 2825 viewsroccydaleian

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 20:38 - Jan 5 by SaxonDale

It was reported in the MEN in the build up to the Accrington Stanley game,

http://menmedia.co.uk/accringtonobserver/sport/football/accrington_stanley/s/147

442 posted this a few weeks ago for anyone who was wondering what a rolling contract is,

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s115/st73284.htm

Fair enough. Surely his twelve months is up, and therefore could be sacked?
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:17 - Jan 5 with 2806 viewssandylaner1

1. Hill would not come back

2. Coleman is going nowhere yet

3. Hills career isn't in ruins, he will get a league 1 job in the north west

4. Cannot think of a manager curruntly unemployed who is a realistic replacement for jc

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:21 - Jan 5 with 2788 viewsdingdangblue

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:17 - Jan 5 by sandylaner1

4. Cannot think of a manager curruntly unemployed who is a realistic replacement for jc

All of this.

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:27 - Jan 5 with 2768 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:17 - Jan 5 by sandylaner1

1. Nor did I expect Steve Parkin to come back

2. Well, I guess thats down to the powers that be

3. Who - Oldham, bURY or Preston - where he may not get the job - if it become available

4. As for managers - they are everywhere - Loads of forgotton decent managers who could do a job - and would welcome the opportunity

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:38 - Jan 5 with 2740 viewsBrighouseDale

Hill's reputation is now at an all time low. It wouldn't do his career any harm at all to come back to Rochdale for two or three seasons to reiterate what he's really capable of. Don't get me wrong, I don't want JC sacked just yet, but I wouldn't be at all disappointed if Hill (or Flickers for that matter) was approached.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:55 - Jan 5 with 2684 viewsBingoballs

Bloke who sits next to me said he had sent Dunphy an e mail regarding the goings on at the Dale and in his reply Dunphy said " Hill will never return to this club as long as i'm still Chairman".

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 22:01 - Jan 5 with 2675 viewsNinco

If Hill did come back, you could never really trust him to see the job through. I reckon as soon as a better offer came through, he would be off again.
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 22:37 - Jan 5 with 2623 viewsD_Alien

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 22:01 - Jan 5 by Ninco

If Hill did come back, you could never really trust him to see the job through. I reckon as soon as a better offer came through, he would be off again.

But... to see what job through, exactly?

Resurrecting our fortunes and putting us back on the right track, thus restoring his credentials and gaining a better opportunity elsewhere? That'd do for me!!

It'd then be up to CD and the board not to repeat the same mistakes as last time.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 22:44 - Jan 5 with 2597 viewsNinco

BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 21:55 - Jan 5 by Bingoballs

Bloke who sits next to me said he had sent Dunphy an e mail regarding the goings on at the Dale and in his reply Dunphy said " Hill will never return to this club as long as i'm still Chairman".

Did he say anything about the current manager?
BRAVE DECISION NEEDED NOW. on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 2561 viewsdalenumber2

Sick of hearing about Hill and Flitcroft to be honest. They are in the past and I don't think for a minute they would come back, but if they did they would be unlikely to turn things around instantly (which would be the fans' expectations). Our future either lies with the current management (hopefully doing better than they are at present) or with new blood - whoever that may be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024