Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colemans Invitation 10:48 - Dec 14 with 12434 viewsdale1968

On The OS now Manager John Coleman has basically got open office on Monday to listen to any Fans Views,Comments etc.

Come on you moaners heres your chance.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Colemans Invitation on 15:14 - Dec 14 with 1587 viewsthebackrowhero

im booked in!!
Colemans Invitation on 15:30 - Dec 14 with 1541 viewsmightydale

Colemans Invitation on 15:14 - Dec 14 by thebackrowhero

im booked in!!

You can tell him its your fault why Grimes missed that pen against fleetwood
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Colemans Invitation on 15:39 - Dec 14 with 1526 viewsmizfit

Ill be meeting him Monday and telling him to drop cavanagh then leave
Colemans Invitation on 15:42 - Dec 14 with 1519 viewsjudd

Colemans Invitation on 15:39 - Dec 14 by mizfit

What time is you appointment and why will he have Cavanagh aloft?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Colemans Invitation on 15:45 - Dec 14 with 1513 viewschuckleberry

Colemans Invitation on 15:39 - Dec 14 by mizfit

You'll be leaving or Coleman leaving?
Colemans Invitation on 15:46 - Dec 14 with 1511 viewsmizfit

Colemans Invitation on 15:42 - Dec 14 by judd

What time is you appointment and why will he have Cavanagh aloft?

Awaiting my reply
Colemans Invitation on 15:56 - Dec 14 with 1494 viewsTVOS1907

Colemans Invitation on 13:55 - Dec 14 by Bobbyjoe

I've never heard of anything so ridiculous; thought it must be April 1st. for a moment. What next, tactics, formation and personnel decided by popular ballot? Will visitors get a share of his salary? Managers manage, players play and fans moan. I bet the chairman suggested it as a joke. You really couldn't make it up!

You sound cross, BJ.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Colemans Invitation on 16:18 - Dec 14 with 1456 viewsVespaDale

Are banned hoolies allowed to have a chat???
Login to get fewer ads

Colemans Invitation on 16:21 - Dec 14 with 1445 viewsolympicdale

Colemans Invitation on 16:18 - Dec 14 by VespaDale

Are banned hoolies allowed to have a chat???

Fondles will be making the trip if so.

Life is a game of fate.

Colemans Invitation on 16:22 - Dec 14 with 1441 viewsDaleaholic

In the pre season Fans Forum, JC stated his door was always open and he would be willing to talk football with any supporter who wanted to, so it's not necessarily a knee jerk reaction to recent events, even though it seems that way.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Colemans Invitation on 16:23 - Dec 14 with 1432 viewsRicardo

Colemans Invitation on 11:37 - Dec 14 by TalkingSutty

I wouldnt say i am for against Coleman at the moment. Certainly some of the rumours we have heard away from the playing side of things have caused me concern and i have voiced my opinions regarding those and some of the home performances.

Its nothing to do with being a clown or a shitbag,the forum exists to voice our opinions.

I intend making an appointment to chat to the manager but will not be putting the content of our discussion on the forum, it will remain a private conversation. Thats my preference and nothing to do with what the manager would prefer me to do. I would urge other supporters to do the same if they can make it to Spotland on Monday.

Good for you TS. I wish I could do the same - I happen to be in London as I had planned to go to the Aldershot game, and got tickets for Sports Personality of the Year on the Sunday evening. As such I am travelling back Monday evening so will not be able to take up such a generous offer.

Given JC likes to talk about football maybe he could make it a regular opportunity rather than a one-off.

Oh, and I will not be going to watch the Dale at Aldershot as I will find better things to do
Colemans Invitation on 16:26 - Dec 14 with 1418 viewsBeefCurtain

Colemans Invitation on 16:23 - Dec 14 by Ricardo

Good for you TS. I wish I could do the same - I happen to be in London as I had planned to go to the Aldershot game, and got tickets for Sports Personality of the Year on the Sunday evening. As such I am travelling back Monday evening so will not be able to take up such a generous offer.

Given JC likes to talk about football maybe he could make it a regular opportunity rather than a one-off.

Oh, and I will not be going to watch the Dale at Aldershot as I will find better things to do

;)

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Colemans Invitation on 16:33 - Dec 14 with 1401 viewsolympicdale

Colemans Invitation on 16:22 - Dec 14 by Daleaholic

In the pre season Fans Forum, JC stated his door was always open and he would be willing to talk football with any supporter who wanted to, so it's not necessarily a knee jerk reaction to recent events, even though it seems that way.

true, he's always said his doors always open, but it woudn't have been as easy to get to said door, you couldn't just walk through the front doors and jog in.

Life is a game of fate.

Colemans Invitation on 16:55 - Dec 14 with 1358 viewsBobbyjoe

Colemans Invitation on 15:56 - Dec 14 by TVOS1907

You sound cross, BJ.

Touché!
Colemans Invitation on 17:01 - Dec 14 with 1341 viewsRicardo

Colemans Invitation on 16:26 - Dec 14 by BeefCurtain

;)

More chance of scoring that's for sure
Colemans Invitation on 17:02 - Dec 14 with 1338 viewsmightydale

Colemans Invitation on 11:07 - Dec 14 by georgedale

Excellent - I really hope all the clowns who are not behind Coleman and the lads go a see him on Monday.

Now's your chance to ask the man himself.

I am sure the shit bags who hide on the forum wont be any where near Spotland on Monday - all tucked up playing Fifa or FM 13.

Are you not hiding on the fourm when your calling people clowns and shit bags

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Colemans Invitation on 17:44 - Dec 14 with 1291 viewsYouTubeDale

Fair play to Coleman. He and Chris Dunphy are responding to criticism and that's to be congratulated.

I am a Coleman fan and I see him as the the ideal manager for Rochdale knowing, as CD has said, that we work on a low budget. Coleman does give officials too much ear-bashing and he needs to learn to "calm down". I know it is hard for him to change his ways but he needs to respond to criticism on this issue from the fans. Personally, I don't mind it - but he's got to play to his audience. Also, he needs to address the apparent "cheating" culture - the falls, yellow and red cards, winking etc. This again has angered many a Dale fan and is not "the Rochdale way". He knows that new personnel are needed in defence - so there isn't much to tell him there. If he wants to go even further,and DELIGHT Dale fans then he should play with wingers. Again, I'm working on Monday but I am sure these bases will be touched.

More than anything else (including being 3-0 down at half time TWICE) over the last 2 weeks I have been saddened to see the Sandy more than half empty and the fact that so many are staying away - not supporting. I know it is very easy to condemn some very long time-served suffering fans, but I feel that the club is being strangled by the very people who love it most. It's like being smothered to death by your own mother. The worst thing you can do to a club is withhold your support, especially a club like Rochdale, where every fan is like gold.

In short, he IS the man for the job but like Beauty and the Beast - he needs to change his and the team's ways and earn the love of the "lost" Dale fans.

Then there is the marketing issue...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Colemans Invitation on 17:52 - Dec 14 with 1281 viewsolympicdale

Colemans Invitation on 17:44 - Dec 14 by YouTubeDale

Fair play to Coleman. He and Chris Dunphy are responding to criticism and that's to be congratulated.

I am a Coleman fan and I see him as the the ideal manager for Rochdale knowing, as CD has said, that we work on a low budget. Coleman does give officials too much ear-bashing and he needs to learn to "calm down". I know it is hard for him to change his ways but he needs to respond to criticism on this issue from the fans. Personally, I don't mind it - but he's got to play to his audience. Also, he needs to address the apparent "cheating" culture - the falls, yellow and red cards, winking etc. This again has angered many a Dale fan and is not "the Rochdale way". He knows that new personnel are needed in defence - so there isn't much to tell him there. If he wants to go even further,and DELIGHT Dale fans then he should play with wingers. Again, I'm working on Monday but I am sure these bases will be touched.

More than anything else (including being 3-0 down at half time TWICE) over the last 2 weeks I have been saddened to see the Sandy more than half empty and the fact that so many are staying away - not supporting. I know it is very easy to condemn some very long time-served suffering fans, but I feel that the club is being strangled by the very people who love it most. It's like being smothered to death by your own mother. The worst thing you can do to a club is withhold your support, especially a club like Rochdale, where every fan is like gold.

In short, he IS the man for the job but like Beauty and the Beast - he needs to change his and the team's ways and earn the love of the "lost" Dale fans.

It's a never ending circle with regards to what you said about the club being strangled by those who love it most. The fans want to see the progress on the pitch, and the game played in the right way, and they won't turn up if they cant see it, plus with money being so tight right now, but its these times when the club needs them the most.

Life is a game of fate.

Colemans Invitation on 18:41 - Dec 14 with 1229 viewsBeefCurtain

Colemans Invitation on 17:01 - Dec 14 by Ricardo

More chance of scoring that's for sure

LOL.

Remember though, we're trying to stop the rot whereas you should take steps to prevent the rot from occuring in the first place.

Colemans Invitation on 18:59 - Dec 14 with 1207 viewsthebackrowhero

Colemans Invitation on 15:30 - Dec 14 by mightydale

You can tell him its your fault why Grimes missed that pen against fleetwood

Haha brilliant
Colemans Invitation on 19:23 - Dec 14 with 1178 viewsdalenumber2

Colemans Invitation on 17:44 - Dec 14 by YouTubeDale

I tend to agree with you Youtube. This messageboard has been very depressing this week. I am quite bemused by it all as we have been in much worse situations in the past. We are not in a bad league position. We had poor spells under Hillcroft yet during the poor spells there did not ever seem to be the great outcry we are witnessing now. Coleman may not be the world's most amiable guys but neither was Hill. However he may be the best man we can get for the job right now. I wish we could get back to focussing on the positives and get behind the team.
Colemans Invitation on 19:31 - Dec 14 with 1169 viewsBeefCurtain

Colemans Invitation on 19:23 - Dec 14 by dalenumber2

I tend to agree with you Youtube. This messageboard has been very depressing this week. I am quite bemused by it all as we have been in much worse situations in the past. We are not in a bad league position. We had poor spells under Hillcroft yet during the poor spells there did not ever seem to be the great outcry we are witnessing now. Coleman may not be the world's most amiable guys but neither was Hill. However he may be the best man we can get for the job right now. I wish we could get back to focussing on the positives and get behind the team.

It's simply down to expectation. We expected nothing from Hill and so when we get nothing it wasn't really an issue. Additionally, with the success that Hill brought, the bad performances and results tend to get forgotten about (and rightly so to a great extent) and whilst people were last year claming they'd be happy with a mid-table finish this year from Coleman, I expect they were secretly harbouring hopes of the play-offs and it does definitely feel like there is an underlying belief that Coleman should be getting us there this season (people will cite the 'poor quality of League 2 this year' etc). Our home form wasn't exactly immaculate under Hill either so pointing to that doesn't really explain much either. Either way people are beginning to feel detached from the club for one reason or another and this is the most worrying thing - it's definitely much more alarming than the bad home performances as it has the knock-on effect of lower attendances and everything that brings with it. The disillusion that a lot of the longer standing fans share needs to be dealt with as soon as possible in one way or another.

Colemans Invitation on 19:51 - Dec 14 with 1150 viewspioneer

I think we need to look at the home record - both in the very recent past and over his entire spell as manager. This is your bread and butter, the product you sell to your fans.

In over 45 years of watching the team I cannot remember being 3-0 down at half time at home in two consecutive home games - and that includes the very dark days of the 1970s.

The dissatisfaction is not because of recent successes etc, it because the product on the field at home is crap and has been crap for a long time and there is no sign it is improving.

I dont have it hand but I think in his programme notes last Saturday he 'in so many words' said he was embarrassed by it and he wouldnt let it happen again . . . and it did!

So instead of doing his talking on Monday afternoon in his office he should make sure the team, his team, team do it for him . . . next Friday night. Or do we have to wait for some other team to have two ment sent off before we can hope for another home win?

Colemans Invitation on 20:04 - Dec 14 with 1142 viewsBanned4ever

Colemans Invitation on 13:41 - Dec 14 by sweetcorn

Young, smart, good looking and forever bangin b*tches?

is that Tazzy your describing
Colemans Invitation on 20:06 - Dec 14 with 1136 viewsBeefCurtain

Colemans Invitation on 19:51 - Dec 14 by pioneer

I think we need to look at the home record - both in the very recent past and over his entire spell as manager. This is your bread and butter, the product you sell to your fans.

In over 45 years of watching the team I cannot remember being 3-0 down at half time at home in two consecutive home games - and that includes the very dark days of the 1970s.

The dissatisfaction is not because of recent successes etc, it because the product on the field at home is crap and has been crap for a long time and there is no sign it is improving.

I dont have it hand but I think in his programme notes last Saturday he 'in so many words' said he was embarrassed by it and he wouldnt let it happen again . . . and it did!

So instead of doing his talking on Monday afternoon in his office he should make sure the team, his team, team do it for him . . . next Friday night. Or do we have to wait for some other team to have two ment sent off before we can hope for another home win?

Home form was largely unsatisfactory under Hill but people still turned up - perhaps because of the brand of football that was being played? Is that the answer? Would we get larger attendances if we played an attractive brand of football? Following on from a thread made a few days ago about winning or winning pretty, it seemed the majority preferred 3 points. With that being said, if winning is everything, then why did we maintain good home crowds whilst Hill was in charge? I personally believe that was a feeling around the fans that something special was being built and that we knew we had a gem of a manager. Coleman seems efficient if not a little uninspiring.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024