Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Crisis at the Dale? 16:26 - Dec 17 with 22727 viewssmaclad1

I’ve heard it suggested that the club’s financial affairs are not all they might be, and such is the issue that at least one player will need to be sold in January.

All this comes on the back of a reported loss from last season. Despite what we might think about previous player sales with add-ons, the cup run and associated TV money, and owning our ground, I understand that good sources have said that relaying the pitch and buying the ground contributed to last season’s state of affairs, while this season the windfall payments have dried up, we’re overspending on the player budget and the reduced price season ticket offer have all taken their toll on this season’s budget.

This seems to have been coming for some time now. All this was, I have been informed, was known about and lurking in the background before the boardroom unrest was made public.

Very worrying.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:51 - Dec 17 with 2498 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:45 - Dec 17 by judd

The directors would be mad to disclose finances. And we would be mad to expect them to.

One thing we all know is that there is a constant requirement for enhancing incoming revenue, both short and especially for the longer term.

You’re probably right, but the opportunity is there to ask the questions.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:51 - Dec 17 with 2498 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:48 - Dec 17 by smaclad1

Comment is free...but facts are sacred.

No need to bring religion into this.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:52 - Dec 17 with 2477 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:51 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

Fook me, you feeling ok, Kiss fan?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:52 - Dec 17 with 2482 viewsD_Alien

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:47 - Dec 17 by judd

The collective term is an utter irrelevance when it comes to offences committed against a pie. Unless it's CHEESE and onion, in which case it's just shite.

A shite of pies...

The collective term for the after-effects of COA catering

I'm happy now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:54 - Dec 17 with 2446 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:52 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

A shite of pies...

The collective term for the after-effects of COA catering

I'm happy now

It has a certain ring to it

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:54 - Dec 17 with 2442 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:52 - Dec 17 by judd

Fook me, you feeling ok, Kiss fan?

YES.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:55 - Dec 17 with 2425 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:54 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

YES.

Calm down,ffs

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:56 - Dec 17 with 2424 views442Dale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:51 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

As it was when the Trust met with the club last week, from which the fanbase have been told the following:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/12/trust-meeting-with-club/

<<“We asked if we would see any change to what we described as being the “Rochdale mentality” in the way the club was run. We were told that the changes were part of the evolution of the Boardroom and the intentions were still to run the club within its means, with the intention to maximise all revenue streams to the benefit of the first team.”>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:56 - Dec 17 with 2424 viewsD_Alien

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:54 - Dec 17 by judd

It has a certain ring to it

Agreed

It's anus horribilis at the COA

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:04 - Dec 17 with 2366 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:56 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

As it was when the Trust met with the club last week, from which the fanbase have been told the following:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/12/trust-meeting-with-club/

<<“We asked if we would see any change to what we described as being the “Rochdale mentality” in the way the club was run. We were told that the changes were part of the evolution of the Boardroom and the intentions were still to run the club within its means, with the intention to maximise all revenue streams to the benefit of the first team.”>>

Just what does that mean?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:09 - Dec 17 with 2336 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:04 - Dec 17 by judd

Ask at the forum FFS.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:10 - Dec 17 with 2318 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:09 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

Ask at the forum FFS.

YES

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:21 - Dec 17 with 2261 viewsTVOS1907

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:09 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

Ask at the forum FFS.

I thought the Trust didn't reply to things posted on here. I'll find the post if I look hard enough.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:43 - Dec 17 with 2164 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:21 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

I thought the Trust didn't reply to things posted on here. I'll find the post if I look hard enough.

I’m posting as roccydaleian not the Trust, so go ahead and look. Not sure where you’ve got that from anyhow tbf, I did post some replies the other week about James Mason being invited to Trust meetings, but that didn’t get picked up on.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:49 - Dec 17 with 2136 viewsTVOS1907

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:43 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

I’m posting as roccydaleian not the Trust, so go ahead and look. Not sure where you’ve got that from anyhow tbf, I did post some replies the other week about James Mason being invited to Trust meetings, but that didn’t get picked up on.

It was before your involvement.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:52 - Dec 17 with 2129 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:49 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

It was before your involvement.

Ah right, apologies.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:59 - Dec 17 with 2105 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:52 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

Ah right, apologies.

You 2 should KISS and MAKE UP

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 23:31 - Dec 17 with 2044 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:04 - Dec 17 by judd

It means furkall Judd it is almost dismissive, if that's what we can expect in the future they will continue to tell us furkall. Its not that they have too of course but a bit more clarity surrounding the changes would have been welcome. If the next meeting is as forthcoming as the last then good luck with them.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 23:37]

This is not the time for bickering.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 00:35 - Dec 18 with 1971 viewsrochdale_ranger

If we have got a financial crisis on our hands what have we to show for it? At least the Bury fans could all get stiffys over big name signings like beckford and pennant. All we have is shit pies and over the Hill former prospects like matty done and Perkins. Whats going on. I wish those on here who like to let on that they are in the know with their cryptic clues would put up or shut up.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 01:06 - Dec 18 with 1958 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 00:35 - Dec 18 by rochdale_ranger

If we have got a financial crisis on our hands what have we to show for it? At least the Bury fans could all get stiffys over big name signings like beckford and pennant. All we have is shit pies and over the Hill former prospects like matty done and Perkins. Whats going on. I wish those on here who like to let on that they are in the know with their cryptic clues would put up or shut up.

"Over the Hill" pmsl

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 03:03 - Dec 18 with 1916 viewskiwidale

I read it wrong ranger I thought "over the hill" was your new moniker for Keith Hill
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 3:15]

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 04:53 - Dec 18 with 1888 viewsFrog

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 03:03 - Dec 18 by kiwidale

I read it wrong ranger I thought "over the hill" was your new moniker for Keith Hill
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 3:15]

Hill with a capital aitch, think it is.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 05:21 - Dec 18 with 1885 viewsroccydaleian

Well here’s some things to consider that have cost a fair whack and other things that have probably large running costs. A new pitch that now seems money well spent as it looks to be in great condition. Ownership of the stadium. A what seems to be a very good acadamy producing saleable assets like Adshead. A League1 team paying League 1 wages on one of the lowest average crowds in the EFL
Don’t think we’ve sold anyone for decent money lately and obviously no lucrative cup run this season.
It all adds up. Oh and a lot of good it did our friends down the road signing Beckford, Pennant and co, so probably not the best example you could have used, unless you’d prefer us to become like them?
One thing I agree with a lot of people though, is that this season the playing squad is way too big and definitely needs cutting to help with any belt tightening that might be required.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 05:58 - Dec 18 with 1868 viewssmaclad1

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:45 - Dec 17 by judd

The directors would be mad to disclose finances. And we would be mad to expect them to.

One thing we all know is that there is a constant requirement for enhancing incoming revenue, both short and especially for the longer term.

Indeed they would be mad to, and are under no obligation to do so.

Except, except...someone or several people at the club have apparently seen fit to comment on such matters and their compliant lackies are ever eager to massage their own egos and pop it all on here. So, somebody, somewhere at the Club is mad. Or playing us along with the assistance of those too blind to see they're being used in a bigger game. Whichever.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 05:59 - Dec 18 with 1867 viewssmaclad1

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:51 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

No need to bring religion into this.

Who mentioned religion?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024