Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Crisis at the Dale? 16:26 - Dec 17 with 22726 viewssmaclad1

I’ve heard it suggested that the club’s financial affairs are not all they might be, and such is the issue that at least one player will need to be sold in January.

All this comes on the back of a reported loss from last season. Despite what we might think about previous player sales with add-ons, the cup run and associated TV money, and owning our ground, I understand that good sources have said that relaying the pitch and buying the ground contributed to last season’s state of affairs, while this season the windfall payments have dried up, we’re overspending on the player budget and the reduced price season ticket offer have all taken their toll on this season’s budget.

This seems to have been coming for some time now. All this was, I have been informed, was known about and lurking in the background before the boardroom unrest was made public.

Very worrying.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:22 - Dec 17 with 2908 viewsdingdangblue

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:13 - Dec 17 by kel

Aye, and nobody likes a snitch.

I wouldn't say nobody. Some make their living from them.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:24 - Dec 17 with 2893 views49thseason

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:19 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Calvin Andrew on £2k per week is the player currently being offered to other clubs.

£2k a week, jeez, it would have been cheaper to send Steve Davis to a health farm for the Summer and give him a personal trainer and at least we would have a goal scorer.
Calvin seems like a pleasant enough bloke but if true he is getting 4 times a week what he is worth to the team. Eye-watering.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:28 - Dec 17 with 2874 viewsdiver

It would be helpful if the club gave us a simple financial statement of affairs so we know how much money we have how much we are owed and what we owe.I think the fans deserve this sort of information to end speculation on who is earning what who is going etc.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:38 - Dec 17 with 2809 viewsD_Alien

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:28 - Dec 17 by diver

It would be helpful if the club gave us a simple financial statement of affairs so we know how much money we have how much we are owed and what we owe.I think the fans deserve this sort of information to end speculation on who is earning what who is going etc.

"We" ? Are you a shareholder?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:43 - Dec 17 with 2783 viewskel

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:22 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't say nobody. Some make their living from them.

And some make it their life.

Thanks for not spitting your dummy this time for me having the temerity to reply to one of your posts.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:59 - Dec 17 with 2713 viewsdiver

Not a shareholder jus a simple rainsoaked fan!!
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 20:08 - Dec 17 with 2671 viewsD_Alien

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:59 - Dec 17 by diver

Not a shareholder jus a simple rainsoaked fan!!

Fair enough, but surely you can understand why it wouldn't be helpful for the club to disclose the type of financial information you're seeking, other than to those who're entitled to such information?

I'm not a shareholder either, btw

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 20:33 - Dec 17 with 2569 viewsdiver

I still think that supporters should have some information to deal with the concerns made by the OP especially regarding overspending on the player budget.Gossip and heresay helps no body lets just stick to simple facts so we know where the club is going.
Login to get fewer ads

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 20:55 - Dec 17 with 2472 viewsjudd

Only suggested?

A player needs to what- generate significant income or a reduction in wages?

I thought the purchase of the stadium was not outright but on a longer term basis?

Elsewhere someone did the maths that the season ticket initiative was profitable.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:21 - Dec 17 with 2368 viewssmaclad1

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 20:55 - Dec 17 by judd

Only suggested?

A player needs to what- generate significant income or a reduction in wages?

I thought the purchase of the stadium was not outright but on a longer term basis?

Elsewhere someone did the maths that the season ticket initiative was profitable.

I stand by my OP which was carefully researched.

I am also, unlike others, not afraid to name my sources and point you to fitzochris, dawlishdale and 1907 on the Plymouth Match Thread thread — all detail in my post is taken from their posts, and I am sure they can back up and verify their claims. For a given value of ‘sure’.

Interesting isn’t it - ITK posters drip feed their privileged information, which they are not prepared to properly evidence, onto the board for whatever personal motives — put all that information together in one post and you set all sorts of hares off and running.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:30 - Dec 17 with 2324 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:21 - Dec 17 by smaclad1

I am also, unlike others, not afraid to name my sources and point you to fitzochris, dawlishdale and 1907 on the Plymouth Match Thread thread — all detail in my post is taken from their posts, and I am sure they can back up and verify their claims. For a given value of ‘sure’.

Interesting isn’t it - ITK posters drip feed their privileged information, which they are not prepared to properly evidence, onto the board for whatever personal motives — put all that information together in one post and you set all sorts of hares off and running.

I know just how diligent you are and respect that. Not having read the Plymouth match thread, not wanting to go over how shite we were yet again, I've not picked up on the revelations of those you mention.
Sometimes ITK posters will not be prepared to be as open with their sources, but some are fully backed up by evidence in the public domain, whatever their motivation might be. You just have to search for it.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:30 - Dec 17 with 2320 viewsfitzochris

It’s rude to point.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:32 - Dec 17 with 2306 viewskiwidale

It just proves the point that certain posters see themselves as a cut above the likes of the rest of us. Its always been like this on here however they are now being challenged more than in the past with one notable poster having a sabbatical.

This is not the time for bickering.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:35 - Dec 17 with 2288 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:32 - Dec 17 by kiwidale

It just proves the point that certain posters see themselves as a cut above the likes of the rest of us. Its always been like this on here however they are now being challenged more than in the past with one notable poster having a sabbatical.

Fook me, you’ve got an almighty chip in your shoulder. You could use it to open a chippy in New Zealand. With all your free product you’ll be a millionaire in no time. Then you could buy Rochdale AFC and would know everything that goes on at the club.

But then you’d get an inferiority complex about your fellow directors...

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:39 - Dec 17 with 2267 viewsJimmyRustler

The one thing we (and myself when talking to others about my club) pride ourselves on is the fact that we are self sufficient and on a firm, financial footing. If that goes then what do we really have? A bunch of uncooked, shit pies? Cheeseburgers without cheese? I'm done
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:40 - Dec 17 with 2255 viewsroccydaleian

Maybe all questions can be answered at the forum.
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/12/fans-forum/
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:42 - Dec 17 with 2235 viewsD_Alien

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:39 - Dec 17 by JimmyRustler

The one thing we (and myself when talking to others about my club) pride ourselves on is the fact that we are self sufficient and on a firm, financial footing. If that goes then what do we really have? A bunch of uncooked, shit pies? Cheeseburgers without cheese? I'm done

Is the collective term for pies (uncooked, shit) really bunch?

It'd be helpful if this was in the public domain

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:45 - Dec 17 with 2193 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:40 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

The directors would be mad to disclose finances. And we would be mad to expect them to.

One thing we all know is that there is a constant requirement for enhancing incoming revenue, both short and especially for the longer term.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:45 - Dec 17 with 2189 viewsJimmyRustler

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:42 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Dunno. I just devoured a pretzel so I was feeling a little yank. No, it wasn't Joe Pesci before you ask...
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:46 - Dec 17 with 2178 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:35 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Fook me, you’ve got an almighty chip in your shoulder. You could use it to open a chippy in New Zealand. With all your free product you’ll be a millionaire in no time. Then you could buy Rochdale AFC and would know everything that goes on at the club.

But then you’d get an inferiority complex about your fellow directors...

Not that Im looking for vindication Chris but thanks all the same.

This is not the time for bickering.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:47 - Dec 17 with 2168 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:42 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

The collective term is an utter irrelevance when it comes to offences committed against a pie. Unless it's CHEESE and onion, in which case it's just shite.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:47 - Dec 17 with 2172 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:46 - Dec 17 by kiwidale

Not that Im looking for vindication Chris but thanks all the same.

You’re welcome.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:48 - Dec 17 with 2152 viewssmaclad1

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:30 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

It’s rude to point.

Comment is free...but facts are sacred.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:50 - Dec 17 with 2136 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:32 - Dec 17 by kiwidale

People have differing opinions ffs. There is evidence neither for or against disproving the OP, except I am fully aware of his prediliction for several halves of dark mild pre match

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:51 - Dec 17 with 2138 viewsTVOS1907

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:40 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

Right.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024