Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale tamed by Shrews 09:00 - Mar 2 with 5695 viewsdingdangblue

Hillys thoughts:

https://audioboom.com/boos/4249424-every-player-has-to-turn-up-individually-says

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale tamed by Shrews on 11:27 - Mar 2 with 5563 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sounds like corners are our Nemisis?.........certainly can't defend them and now can't benefit from them at the other end?

Bit more practice Hilly.
Dale tamed by Shrews on 11:49 - Mar 2 with 5535 viewsdingdangblue

Dale tamed by Shrews on 11:27 - Mar 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sounds like corners are our Nemisis?.........certainly can't defend them and now can't benefit from them at the other end?

Bit more practice Hilly.

Lillis has been in superb form and been better with corners in the last 3 home games - punching a few away - he definitely should have claimed that one on half time - it was high but in his 6 yard box - and the less said about Canavan's attempt at defending it the better.

http://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-rochdale/report/340487
[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 12:21]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Dale tamed by Shrews on 11:56 - Mar 2 with 5513 viewsD_Alien

His assessment that before last night, and on the back of our mini-run of form, we had a chance of invading the upper reaches of the table; but last night's debacle has caused a reality check - is bang on.

In terms of "individual players not turning up" causing him to make the half time substitutions - that includes PV. Any comments from those who were there? What's happened to him? Glorious strike and seen on video giving Holty a clap like he's full of confidence himself, then... disappears in a game?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:11 - Mar 2 with 5479 viewsdingdangblue

More ' Highlights ' here.

[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 12:23]

Dale tamed by Shrews on 12:17 - Mar 2 with 5455 viewssandylaner1

Dale tamed by Shrews on 11:56 - Mar 2 by D_Alien

His assessment that before last night, and on the back of our mini-run of form, we had a chance of invading the upper reaches of the table; but last night's debacle has caused a reality check - is bang on.

In terms of "individual players not turning up" causing him to make the half time substitutions - that includes PV. Any comments from those who were there? What's happened to him? Glorious strike and seen on video giving Holty a clap like he's full of confidence himself, then... disappears in a game?

disappointingly for big PV his performance last night was like Saturday didn't even happen

he was up against a decent full back tbf but never really settled in the game was sloppy in possession (as were most of the midfield) & gave away a few fouls

vincenti on a bad day is still worth a shirt ahead of RNL

rose again was poor especially after seeing camps cameo for the last 15. we are much more fluid in possession with him in the team especially when allen isn't at his best

holt probably should of scored but was still our best player on the night

we never really got going or tested the keeper. instead of bunney and RNL at half time the introduction of camps earlier plus mcdermott and alessandra it would probably have been a different game
Dale tamed by Shrews on 12:27 - Mar 2 with 5408 viewsdingdangblue

Watching that corner being 'defended' has got to give Hilly nightmares. Yes Lillis will be disappointed with himself not claiming/punching a ball well inside his 6 yard box - but Canavan? I gave him the benefit of doubt at Bradford thinking he'd been fouled but that's just horrendous - its not like their player has tremendous movement either - he's just left to head it in. Shocking.

Dale tamed by Shrews on 13:20 - Mar 2 with 5282 viewsD_Alien

Dale tamed by Shrews on 12:17 - Mar 2 by sandylaner1

disappointingly for big PV his performance last night was like Saturday didn't even happen

he was up against a decent full back tbf but never really settled in the game was sloppy in possession (as were most of the midfield) & gave away a few fouls

vincenti on a bad day is still worth a shirt ahead of RNL

rose again was poor especially after seeing camps cameo for the last 15. we are much more fluid in possession with him in the team especially when allen isn't at his best

holt probably should of scored but was still our best player on the night

we never really got going or tested the keeper. instead of bunney and RNL at half time the introduction of camps earlier plus mcdermott and alessandra it would probably have been a different game

Thanks for that.

Camps surely has to start at Coventry. He's the one midfielder who seems capable of putting us on the front foot at the moment. Plus, he'll have good memories of the cracker he scored there last year.

Dale tamed by Shrews on 17:47 - Mar 2 with 5016 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale tamed by Shrews on 12:27 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

Watching that corner being 'defended' has got to give Hilly nightmares. Yes Lillis will be disappointed with himself not claiming/punching a ball well inside his 6 yard box - but Canavan? I gave him the benefit of doubt at Bradford thinking he'd been fouled but that's just horrendous - its not like their player has tremendous movement either - he's just left to head it in. Shocking.

Agree with that , Canavan was pretty static.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale tamed by Shrews on 17:59 - Mar 2 with 4992 viewsdingdangblue

Dale tamed by Shrews on 17:47 - Mar 2 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that , Canavan was pretty static.

If only he was Mobile.

Dale tamed by Shrews on 18:12 - Mar 2 with 4952 viewsDaleiLama

Dale tamed by Shrews on 17:59 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

If only he was Mobile.

He's no Yaya Tourer
He might be better suited to on line auctions. Might give Win e-bay go?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale tamed by Shrews on 21:31 - Mar 2 with 4755 views49thseason

There was nobody defending the back post for the corner they scored from. Surely if you play with McNulty at left back, it makes sense for Rafferty to go on the near post and put McNulty or one of the other two centre-halves on the back post at corners. It's much harder to attack the near post from a corner than lumping it up to the back post and putting a big lad at the back means he has longer to judge the flight of the ball and attack it or stop a forward from attacking it. Having no one on the back post is just criminal.
Dale tamed by Shrews on 22:46 - Mar 2 with 4658 viewsRosun

Dale tamed by Shrews on 21:31 - Mar 2 by 49thseason

There was nobody defending the back post for the corner they scored from. Surely if you play with McNulty at left back, it makes sense for Rafferty to go on the near post and put McNulty or one of the other two centre-halves on the back post at corners. It's much harder to attack the near post from a corner than lumping it up to the back post and putting a big lad at the back means he has longer to judge the flight of the ball and attack it or stop a forward from attacking it. Having no one on the back post is just criminal.

I've said on here before that I'm no tactical genius and a lot of you agreed that fact with me. Why don't we put a man on each post and keep one or two players up near the halfway line?
No offence to Hendo, but surely he is more effective from an opposition corner being closer to their goal than ours.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 23:00]
Dale tamed by Shrews on 08:25 - Mar 3 with 4560 viewsdingdangblue

Dale tamed by Shrews on 22:46 - Mar 2 by Rosun

I've said on here before that I'm no tactical genius and a lot of you agreed that fact with me. Why don't we put a man on each post and keep one or two players up near the halfway line?
No offence to Hendo, but surely he is more effective from an opposition corner being closer to their goal than ours.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 23:00]

Hardly any teams do these days - must be in the new coaching manual! Some expert has probably analysed the statistics and proved you are better off stood in the area watching the opposition score instead! At the end of the day if we have players on the posts at Shrewsbury - that header is cleared off the line. Same at West Ham last night - if Tottenham have players on the posts Antonio's header is cleared. But what do we know eh?

Dale tamed by Shrews on 08:56 - Mar 3 with 4549 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale tamed by Shrews on 08:25 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

Hardly any teams do these days - must be in the new coaching manual! Some expert has probably analysed the statistics and proved you are better off stood in the area watching the opposition score instead! At the end of the day if we have players on the posts at Shrewsbury - that header is cleared off the line. Same at West Ham last night - if Tottenham have players on the posts Antonio's header is cleared. But what do we know eh?

Re- inventing the wheel. A simple game confused by those in pursuit of coaching badges. Get yourself some no nonsense defenders and don't encourage them to start being clever by passing the ball around the back four (negative possession ), clear your lines or give it to a midfielder.Defenders in general are not the sharpest tools in the box, so they don't need any confusion.

Once in the attacking third get the ball out wide, swamp the penalty area and at every opportunity put the ball in the box. The more the ball goes into that area the better chance we have of creating a chance/ scoring. When out of possession get the ball back as quickly as possible. Attack and defend in numbers.

Everything else is a load of fanny.
Dale tamed by Shrews on 09:38 - Mar 3 with 4522 viewsDaleiLama

Dale tamed by Shrews on 08:56 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Re- inventing the wheel. A simple game confused by those in pursuit of coaching badges. Get yourself some no nonsense defenders and don't encourage them to start being clever by passing the ball around the back four (negative possession ), clear your lines or give it to a midfielder.Defenders in general are not the sharpest tools in the box, so they don't need any confusion.

Once in the attacking third get the ball out wide, swamp the penalty area and at every opportunity put the ball in the box. The more the ball goes into that area the better chance we have of creating a chance/ scoring. When out of possession get the ball back as quickly as possible. Attack and defend in numbers.

Everything else is a load of fanny.

Bet City are looking forward to "Pep" talks like that next year
Only pulling your leg TS!

Dale tamed by Shrews on 13:02 - Mar 3 with 4429 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale tamed by Shrews on 09:38 - Mar 3 by DaleiLama

Bet City are looking forward to "Pep" talks like that next year
Only pulling your leg TS!

That's honestly how i view a game of football. Obviously it could be picked to pieces and in all fairness I never really study tactical switches or formations so my post is a bit tongue in cheek.

When you have attacking players in the penalty area though it drives me mad when we turn down the opportunity to put the ball into the mix, often opting to work the ball all the way back to the central defender to launch a diagonal ball to nobody. I know passing it around the back can draw out your opponents but it's all cat and mouse and makes for boring football.

We passed up on the opportunity of getting the ball in the area and gave the opposition defenders plenty of time to pick up their player and organise the back line/push out etc. Percentage wise, the more you put the ball into the area and the quicker you do it, the more chance you have of scoring a goal I would have thought.

As a player you want motivation before you run out onto the pitch. Does anybody remember the Blyth Spartans team talk in the FA Cup Tie screened on Match of the Day (maybe 30 years ago). The manager shouting..GIVE US A 'B'....GIVE US A 'L'. Etc. Everything's sanitised these days.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 13:09]
Dale tamed by Shrews on 14:44 - Mar 3 with 4369 viewsD_Alien

Dale tamed by Shrews on 13:02 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

That's honestly how i view a game of football. Obviously it could be picked to pieces and in all fairness I never really study tactical switches or formations so my post is a bit tongue in cheek.

When you have attacking players in the penalty area though it drives me mad when we turn down the opportunity to put the ball into the mix, often opting to work the ball all the way back to the central defender to launch a diagonal ball to nobody. I know passing it around the back can draw out your opponents but it's all cat and mouse and makes for boring football.

We passed up on the opportunity of getting the ball in the area and gave the opposition defenders plenty of time to pick up their player and organise the back line/push out etc. Percentage wise, the more you put the ball into the area and the quicker you do it, the more chance you have of scoring a goal I would have thought.

As a player you want motivation before you run out onto the pitch. Does anybody remember the Blyth Spartans team talk in the FA Cup Tie screened on Match of the Day (maybe 30 years ago). The manager shouting..GIVE US A 'B'....GIVE US A 'L'. Etc. Everything's sanitised these days.

"Everything's sanitised these days."

Especially fannys!

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 14:45]

Dale tamed by Shrews on 15:12 - Mar 3 with 4331 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale tamed by Shrews on 14:44 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

"Everything's sanitised these days."

Especially fannys!

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 14:45]

That's a great example of 'Progression', much preferable to 'Stagnation'
Dale tamed by Shrews on 15:32 - Mar 3 with 4302 viewsDaleiLama

Dale tamed by Shrews on 13:02 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

I agree with a lot of what you say TS. Passing backwards across the back four, into midfield, then back again (and even worse back to the keeper) is the best way to keep attendances down. I know the coaching mantra is all about "possession football", but if you aren't Barcelona, I'd rather watch my team taking chances with through balls and creating goal-scoring opportunities.

Dale tamed by Shrews on 16:29 - Mar 3 with 4249 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale tamed by Shrews on 15:32 - Mar 3 by DaleiLama

I agree with a lot of what you say TS. Passing backwards across the back four, into midfield, then back again (and even worse back to the keeper) is the best way to keep attendances down. I know the coaching mantra is all about "possession football", but if you aren't Barcelona, I'd rather watch my team taking chances with through balls and creating goal-scoring opportunities.

John Beck and George Reilly took it to the extreme (getting the ball forward) but the more the ball spends in the opponents half the easier it is for your defenders and maximises your own chances of winning the game.

It's probably too simplistic but managers talk about percentages and relate it to possession, it depends which areas of the pitch you have the ball though I would have thought. Negative possession means nothing.
Dale tamed by Shrews on 18:07 - Mar 4 with 4015 views442Dale

Hill wasn't happy with the Matey FM commentary in his Daleplayer interview.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale tamed by Shrews on 19:06 - Mar 4 with 3966 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale tamed by Shrews on 18:07 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

Very good interview that, he's got to keep his players on side but you can feel his frustrations regarding the inconsistent performances.He's had to put up with it all season.
Dale tamed by Shrews on 20:33 - Mar 4 with 3903 viewsTVOS1907

They will probably get tipped off about it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale tamed by Shrews on 22:39 - Mar 4 with 3840 viewsdingdangblue

He shouldn't have been listening to it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024