Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Singing Section Required 17:03 - Aug 19 with 3539 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

We need a spot in the ground called a singing section and no hassle from stewards and them to let us do our work as football fans might just attract more people from their houses that were missing from yesterday

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Home Singing Section Required on 17:09 - Aug 19 with 1635 viewsisitme

A singing section will not attract more supporters. In fact some families are put off attending games due to the behaviour of certain sections of our support.

Home Singing Section Required on 17:10 - Aug 19 with 1622 viewsRotherhamDale

No.

Possession with progression.

Home Singing Section Required on 17:17 - Aug 19 with 1607 viewsKenBoon

Home Singing Section Required on 17:09 - Aug 19 by isitme

A singing section will not attract more supporters. In fact some families are put off attending games due to the behaviour of certain sections of our support.

So silence will attract fans? Do the Stanley Ultras put locals off attending Accrington games?
I believe T-Bot is asking for a SINGING area. Not a chavvy yoof and spanner area. Do we even have chavvy yoof and spanner fans now or have they gone off to Man City?
Home Singing Section Required on 17:20 - Aug 19 with 1597 viewsolympicdale

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Home Singing Section Required on 17:21 - Aug 19 with 1592 viewsPotterDale

Rip the seats out and the atmosphere naturally returns
Home Singing Section Required on 17:22 - Aug 19 with 1588 views442Dale

The middle of the Sandy has always had singers. If having a sing is important to anyone over the view or facilities, it's the best place to head for.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Home Singing Section Required on 17:24 - Aug 19 with 1579 viewsKenBoon

Home Singing Section Required on 17:22 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

The middle of the Sandy has always had singers. If having a sing is important to anyone over the view or facilities, it's the best place to head for.

Yes. Shame the view is shite and the stand by its design doesn't reverberate the atmosphere around the rest of the ground, or even much past the penalty area... atmosphere is good underneath the roof though.
Home Singing Section Required on 17:26 - Aug 19 with 1573 viewsisitme

Home Singing Section Required on 17:17 - Aug 19 by KenBoon

So silence will attract fans? Do the Stanley Ultras put locals off attending Accrington games?
I believe T-Bot is asking for a SINGING area. Not a chavvy yoof and spanner area. Do we even have chavvy yoof and spanner fans now or have they gone off to Man City?

I think winning football at a price that is right will attract fans, not a singing section.

It is also too simplistic to say introduce a designated singing area especially now as the season has started and people have bought their season tickets. In the future maybe? Let's say a section of the TDS stand was set aside as a 'singing section' it would have to be announced where it is well before the start of the season so people could chose their season ticket seats accordingly.

In my opinion there are already two singing sections, behind both goals in the middle of the stands. As for do we have any chavy fans, that probably depends on what you class as being a chav?
Login to get fewer ads

Home Singing Section Required on 17:28 - Aug 19 with 1564 viewsisitme

Home Singing Section Required on 17:21 - Aug 19 by PotterDale

Rip the seats out and the atmosphere naturally returns

Although some of the supporters may not!

As long as their is a choice to sit or stand then people should be happy. I would always choose to sit rather than stand, others prefer to stand.
Home Singing Section Required on 17:36 - Aug 19 with 1535 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Home Singing Section Required on 17:17 - Aug 19 by KenBoon

Spot on Ken what keeps football clubs like ours alive is an attractive welcoming atmosphere i don't think people go to football just look at what our singing section did at Chesterfield Away last season as a great example of attractive atmosphere by Rochdale Fans?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Home Singing Section Required on 17:36 - Aug 19 with 1533 viewsKenBoon

Home Singing Section Required on 17:26 - Aug 19 by isitme

I think winning football at a price that is right will attract fans, not a singing section.

It is also too simplistic to say introduce a designated singing area especially now as the season has started and people have bought their season tickets. In the future maybe? Let's say a section of the TDS stand was set aside as a 'singing section' it would have to be announced where it is well before the start of the season so people could chose their season ticket seats accordingly.

In my opinion there are already two singing sections, behind both goals in the middle of the stands. As for do we have any chavy fans, that probably depends on what you class as being a chav?

Who said a Singing section is the answer to all our problems? Improving the atmosphere to something that rivals other clubs would help, but then so would reducing prices to something that fits the local area and economy. I could write an essay on how we could improve and make the match day more appealing to locals - but nobody ever listens.
Home Singing Section Required on 17:40 - Aug 19 with 1522 viewsisitme

Home Singing Section Required on 17:36 - Aug 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

Spot on Ken what keeps football clubs like ours alive is an attractive welcoming atmosphere i don't think people go to football just look at what our singing section did at Chesterfield Away last season as a great example of attractive atmosphere by Rochdale Fans?

Tazzy

I sing, you sing and it adds enjoyment to our football experience, but other people do not like to sing. They are no less of a supporter than you or I. I agree with Ken that there are lots of things that could be done to enrich the match day experience but creating a singing section is not one of them.

Also is not the atmosphere partially determined by what happens on the pitch?
Home Singing Section Required on 17:43 - Aug 19 with 1513 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Home Singing Section Required on 17:40 - Aug 19 by isitme

Tazzy

I sing, you sing and it adds enjoyment to our football experience, but other people do not like to sing. They are no less of a supporter than you or I. I agree with Ken that there are lots of things that could be done to enrich the match day experience but creating a singing section is not one of them.

Also is not the atmosphere partially determined by what happens on the pitch?

If we had an non-stop atmosphere it might just give the players about of encouragement on the pitch i think chesterfield away should be repeated again on Tuesday into what we should be doing at home like that non-stop John Coleman's Barmy Army so what if some supporters don't like singing that's what cricket is there for no offense to any of our non-singing tory fans and non-singers in general

who tired of being in a graveyard at home that's the question???

Home Singing Section Required on 17:47 - Aug 19 with 1495 viewsTVOS1907

Home Singing Section Required on 17:43 - Aug 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

If we had an non-stop atmosphere it might just give the players about of encouragement on the pitch i think chesterfield away should be repeated again on Tuesday into what we should be doing at home like that non-stop John Coleman's Barmy Army so what if some supporters don't like singing that's what cricket is there for no offense to any of our non-singing tory fans and non-singers in general

I think you need to spend a day at a Test Match.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Home Singing Section Required on 17:49 - Aug 19 with 1487 viewsisitme

Home Singing Section Required on 17:47 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

I think you need to spend a day at a Test Match.

On the Western Terrace at Headingly. Perhaps Talking Sutty could arrange it for the next international match held there?
Home Singing Section Required on 17:52 - Aug 19 with 1480 viewsTVOS1907

Home Singing Section Required on 17:49 - Aug 19 by isitme

On the Western Terrace at Headingly. Perhaps Talking Sutty could arrange it for the next international match held there?

Tazzy on one side and roccy on the other?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Home Singing Section Required on 17:53 - Aug 19 with 1474 viewsisitme

Home Singing Section Required on 17:52 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Tazzy on one side and roccy on the other?

It's a date! I'm sure Roccy will get Tazzy a few shandies.
Home Singing Section Required on 17:58 - Aug 19 with 1460 viewsD_Alien

Home Singing Section Required on 17:43 - Aug 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

Nowt wrong with the atmosphere yesterday tazz

Warm summer's day, smallish crowd, waiting to see how the team gelled, it was a typical first day of the season atmosphere

Quite frankly, if there was a continuous mindless chanting that bore no relation to what was happening on the pitch then I, and I suspect quite a few others, would be thinking even more carefully about spending hard-earned money to have my natural enjoyment of the game assaulted

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Home Singing Section Required on 18:10 - Aug 19 with 1429 viewsmaccawozzagod

10-20 lads
sing every song at least twice through regardless if its loud or not
never let someone start a song without joining in ("on yer own" might be funny but its counter productive)
get plenty of songs, they dont have to be original
be proud

if your fanbase wants a singing section then they'll come to you, dont bother advertising it, let it grow organically. Keep at it and put the effort in.

We have no churches in Accrington so Stanley is the only place we can go for a sing-song
Home Singing Section Required on 18:11 - Aug 19 with 1428 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Home Singing Section Required on 17:58 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

Nowt wrong with the atmosphere yesterday tazz

Warm summer's day, smallish crowd, waiting to see how the team gelled, it was a typical first day of the season atmosphere

Quite frankly, if there was a continuous mindless chanting that bore no relation to what was happening on the pitch then I, and I suspect quite a few others, would be thinking even more carefully about spending hard-earned money to have my natural enjoyment of the game assaulted

well i were in TDS (Pearl Street End) trying to get an atmosphere going got looked at like i were stupid another dale fan asked me to post this on here just to make a point so i am not the only one who wants our football club to have a welcoming atmosphere???

Home Singing Section Required on 18:20 - Aug 19 with 1408 views442Dale

Home Singing Section Required on 18:10 - Aug 19 by maccawozzagod

10-20 lads
sing every song at least twice through regardless if its loud or not
never let someone start a song without joining in ("on yer own" might be funny but its counter productive)
get plenty of songs, they dont have to be original
be proud

if your fanbase wants a singing section then they'll come to you, dont bother advertising it, let it grow organically. Keep at it and put the effort in.

We have no churches in Accrington so Stanley is the only place we can go for a sing-song

But this creates an atmosphere that doesn't change much when reacting to play eg. A corner or concerted pressure.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Home Singing Section Required on 18:24 - Aug 19 with 1392 viewsKenBoon

Home Singing Section Required on 18:20 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

But this creates an atmosphere that doesn't change much when reacting to play eg. A corner or concerted pressure.

You change the tune or the tempo. Get our Lisa in to give lessons in tune.
Been around the world and ayyeyeaeye mostly know League 2 grounds.
Home Singing Section Required on 18:29 - Aug 19 with 1386 viewsD_Alien

Home Singing Section Required on 18:11 - Aug 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

well i were in TDS (Pearl Street End) trying to get an atmosphere going got looked at like i were stupid another dale fan asked me to post this on here just to make a point so i am not the only one who wants our football club to have a welcoming atmosphere???

Is mindless continuous chanting "welcoming" though?

Only youths and people who aren't there to follow the natural flow of the game want that type of thing

Don't get me wrong tazz, when I was your age I was in the Sandy singing my head off, so why weren't you in there yesterday doing the same thing?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Home Singing Section Required on 18:44 - Aug 19 with 1355 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Home Singing Section Required on 18:29 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

Is mindless continuous chanting "welcoming" though?

Only youths and people who aren't there to follow the natural flow of the game want that type of thing

Don't get me wrong tazz, when I was your age I was in the Sandy singing my head off, so why weren't you in there yesterday doing the same thing?

Because there is No Studd Bar's attached to sandy lane

Home Singing Section Required on 18:45 - Aug 19 with 1351 viewsolympicdale

Home Singing Section Required on 18:11 - Aug 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

most fans go there for the sole purpose of watching the game, if they choose not to sing what does that matter? doesn't make them any less of a fan, this argument has been brought up time and time again, and they shouldnt be looked down as lesser supporters.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024