Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Connolly--on his way? 09:30 - May 25 with 3751 viewsDylanP

Matt Connolly remember him? That skinny, beanpole of a defender that at times looked scared and at other times masterful. He wasn't the greatest defender we had, but I confess I thought he did well for us overall. Yeah, he got beat a few times. But he always worked hard and always seemed willing to learn. We watched him make a lot of progress in the hooped shirt.

Chances are he will be on his way this summer. In truth, he probably isn't ready for the Prem. But he is still young and another spell in the Championship should be enough for him to develop into a fairly handy player.

So, thanks Matty. Thanks for the hard work you put in and the part you played in our Championship success. Good luck in your next football adventure

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 13:24 - May 26 with 752 viewsbosh67

Connolly's problems are in his head, not in his ability. Straighten his head out and I agree with Clive, there's a very good player in there. I reckon however he will stay at Reading. Although I don't want the fakes to do well I do like McDermott as a manager and it would be good to see Gorkks finally get his Prem chance.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 19:25 - May 26 with 728 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Seems like Connolly is yet another defender who plays better with an "organiser" next to him, the same as Ferdinand, Onuoha, etc, seem to. Wonder if Matt would fare better alongside Clint?

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 19:49 - May 26 with 722 viewsMattnme

I think some of the critisism on here for Matt is a bit harsh. I agree he definitely struggled against the bigger lumps like Holt but then alot have. His cv says he has been part of two championship sides in two years so he must be doing something right. Prem wise he hasn't really had ago. Coaching and being part of a settled partnership with a Clint Hill Type figure would bring him on. His biggest problem for me is his injury record. I definitely think there is a good player in there.
Matt Connolly--on his way? on 20:23 - May 26 with 713 viewsTearsofrage

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 19:49 - May 26 by Mattnme

I think some of the critisism on here for Matt is a bit harsh. I agree he definitely struggled against the bigger lumps like Holt but then alot have. His cv says he has been part of two championship sides in two years so he must be doing something right. Prem wise he hasn't really had ago. Coaching and being part of a settled partnership with a Clint Hill Type figure would bring him on. His biggest problem for me is his injury record. I definitely think there is a good player in there.

Matt can play. he may wind up' as some have implied' as a holding midfielder but considering the ageing nature of some of our team he is a very palpable cert - should we keep him - to stiffen up midfield. This is a young man (sorry Ray Wilkins) who can play at both ends of the park. He also has a brain. The notion that he is a lanky nervy beanpole is nonsense. If we allow him to toddle off to the likes of the fake hoops we will regret it.
Matt Connolly--on his way? on 20:44 - May 26 with 707 viewsJonDoeman

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 17:35 - May 25 by WeAreQPR12

I disagree Clive.

Personally for me he has been massively overrated, infact most players that have come from the arsenal youth/reserves generally are.

He is far to lightweight for me and his performance away to Southampton at the st marys was just shocking. He has confidence issues that I will agree on but for a defender he is a liability. We called him 3 bounce on WRTRB's, he lets the ball bounce and is poor in the air. Zesh rehman was another defender that had the habit of also letting the ball bounce. Anyway good luck to him but worse that Fitz Hall imo. People will say he's composed but he can't defend, fact!

Best post on the thread.
Could never see it, or understand the 'fans favourite' status.

It Is What It Is !!

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 21:58 - May 26 with 685 viewsderbyhoop

We've just released hall, gabbidon damage and shittu. Our cb backup is prone and connolly.
Matt may have problems with both confidence and concentration, but where are the alternatives?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 11:09 - May 28 with 633 viewsPinnerPaul

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 21:58 - May 26 by derbyhoop

We've just released hall, gabbidon damage and shittu. Our cb backup is prone and connolly.
Matt may have problems with both confidence and concentration, but where are the alternatives?

Its May 28th!

We have one or two days to sign a few alternatives!
Matt Connolly--on his way? on 12:26 - May 28 with 602 viewsQPunkR

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 19:49 - May 26 by Mattnme

Hang on, doesn't UnFitz Hall have two Championship promotions in a row as well? Does that make HIM good player an all???!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 13:03 - May 28 with 584 viewshoops_legend

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 12:26 - May 28 by QPunkR

Hang on, doesn't UnFitz Hall have two Championship promotions in a row as well? Does that make HIM good player an all???!!

I would like him to stay but reckon he will join Reading!! He probably stands more chance playing there as well.

£1-1.5 Million would be about right

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Matt Connolly--on his way? on 15:25 - May 28 with 563 viewskensalriser

I'd quite like Reading to have a CD partnership of Gorkks and Connolly. They both did a good job for us, but I don't think they're what's required for a decent Premier league season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024