Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Completely Inept McNulty 16:54 - Apr 15 with 33018 viewsBarrowdale

Hang your head in shame. Gave them the first by your insistance that we should play from the back when we aren’t anywhere near hood enough. Even worse is that you don’t see it and continue repeating the madness. The fans dont want it, clearly the players dont but hey ho.
No attack, no shots, negative back passing and a lack of a game plan. Subs too late again, shall I go on.
Only positive is at least we know that you are not our nxt manager.
What a pathetic spineless way to send us to non league. Absoluted devastated at that performance.
Completely Inept McNulty on 21:55 - Apr 17 with 1163 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:50 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

I can guarantee that at some point one of those 4 players lost the ball while trying to play in their own half and conceded a goal or chance.

It’s football. It happens

I know, I've watched hundreds of games down the years. It happens less when daft ways of trying to play the game aren't employed, though.

Those players also got us promoted and entertained the fans along the way, which is sort of the aim.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:56 - Apr 17 with 1156 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:50 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

We didn't defend the set play which came about through losing the ball by trying to play a way in which the player involved isn't really capable of playing.

As stated before Max Taylor has played his best football in the last 3 games. So by the same token if you lose the ball in Bradfords box and concede a set piece goal losing the ball there is to blame. So where exactly can the players lose the ball?
Completely Inept McNulty on 21:57 - Apr 17 with 1145 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:42 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Which halve did we create the better chances in? For me the 1st half

Why did Bradford change in the 2nd half and sit off us and not press which they did for the whole of the 1st half even after they scored?

The play is risky, but passing the ball anywhere is risky. And for me it’s far more exciting than watching the drag long ball stuff which leads to lost possession regardless.

When the team does get it right which happened on Saturday just not as often as it has previously it’s so entertaining.

The argument for me is a change in how we do better against a team we sit off us rather than a team that press us.

Again regarding the SET PiIECE goal we conceded. If you concede a set piece and goal for losing the ball in the opposition penalty area are you blaming the lost possession or the fact the team didn’t defend the set play? You haven’t answered this question

I have answered it though. It's a combination of both. The free kick never needed to happen, it was a situation all of our own making. You're asking players to do things that they can't do with any consistency. The caretaker manager was the best example we have in the club, he was like a newly born fawn at times when it came to trapping the ball and playing out of defence. He'll probably admit it if you ask him. If you've watched us play regularly this season you will know that we have probably two or three defenders who struggle to pass a ball from A to B. You needed to be at Doncaster, get a video of the game and keep watching it for six or seven hours on repeat, it might dawn on you then.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:00]
Completely Inept McNulty on 21:57 - Apr 17 with 1142 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:56 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

As stated before Max Taylor has played his best football in the last 3 games. So by the same token if you lose the ball in Bradfords box and concede a set piece goal losing the ball there is to blame. So where exactly can the players lose the ball?

You're missing the point, probably deliberately, but keep trying.

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:58 - Apr 17 with 1138 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:57 - Apr 17 by TalkingSutty

I have answered it though. It's a combination of both. The free kick never needed to happen, it was a situation all of our own making. You're asking players to do things that they can't do with any consistency. The caretaker manager was the best example we have in the club, he was like a newly born fawn at times when it came to trapping the ball and playing out of defence. He'll probably admit it if you ask him. If you've watched us play regularly this season you will know that we have probably two or three defenders who struggle to pass a ball from A to B. You needed to be at Doncaster, get a video of the game and keep watching it for six or seven hours on repeat, it might dawn on you then.

Doubt it.

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:59 - Apr 17 with 1128 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:55 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

I know, I've watched hundreds of games down the years. It happens less when daft ways of trying to play the game aren't employed, though.

Those players also got us promoted and entertained the fans along the way, which is sort of the aim.

You also score and create less when you don’t do it. Bentleys team didn’t play in “daft areas” would you like to return to those tactics?

4 games played:7 points that’s 1.75PPG which is 80 points over a season. Which probably get you promoted.
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:01 - Apr 17 with 1107 views442Dale

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:54 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

BBM never changed the way he played it was always the same. The more effective games you speak of are merely the games when the tactics worked to their best

We did not play like that when he took over from Hill. Defensively solid, football played further forward. Lonergan in goal and EEL at CH did not pass the ball to each other like Sanchez and O’Connell did a few months later.

When he switched to a back three later in the relegation season the wingbacks pushed on and the play became more direct (yet still passing) using them as outlets. It simply was a different way of playing, yet both being passing football.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:03 - Apr 17 with 1087 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:57 - Apr 17 by TalkingSutty

How many times has max given the ball away in the last 4 games? And how many chances has it lead to?

The risk is worth the reward

What I’m trying to say is that you give the ball away all the time in football. I’d rather see them doing it trying to find a teammate than needlessly giving the ball to the opponents direct with no intention of trying to keep it
Login to get fewer ads

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:06 - Apr 17 with 1063 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:59 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

You also score and create less when you don’t do it. Bentleys team didn’t play in “daft areas” would you like to return to those tactics?

4 games played:7 points that’s 1.75PPG which is 80 points over a season. Which probably get you promoted.

And four games is a ridiculously small sample to try to make a case from, one of which was against a Walsall side with one win in 17 at the time.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:07 - Apr 17 with 1057 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:57 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

You're missing the point, probably deliberately, but keep trying.

I’m really not. You are saying a player giving the ball any is responsible for conceding a set play goal. Regardless of where the ball is given away it doesn’t matter as the you still have the chance to defend the set play. If we defend the set play and don’t concede are you even talking about it? Probably not.

The truth is you want to see a team play with fear of losing the ball and fear of being creative. I want to watch a team play without fear

I also disagree that the players can’t make 10 yard passes consistently. They can certainly make them over the past 4 games and it’s certainly an easier pass to make than a 40 yard one
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:08 - Apr 17 with 1050 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:06 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

And four games is a ridiculously small sample to try to make a case from, one of which was against a Walsall side with one win in 17 at the time.

And you are judging a performance against a side who have lost 1 in 17.
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:08 - Apr 17 with 1046 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:03 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

How many times has max given the ball away in the last 4 games? And how many chances has it lead to?

What I’m trying to say is that you give the ball away all the time in football. I’d rather see them doing it trying to find a teammate than needlessly giving the ball to the opponents direct with no intention of trying to keep it

He did give it away needlessly as the pass he was trying to play wasn't really on, nor was it executed very well, which is why the Bradford player intercepted it with ease.

It was all so unnecessary.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:09]

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:09 - Apr 17 with 1038 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:08 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

And you are judging a performance against a side who have lost 1 in 17.

I'm judging it on watching every game.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:10 - Apr 17 with 1036 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:06 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Agreed it is a small sample. Which is why you can’t judge an individual performance off of it. Especially when the man has only been in a job 2 weeks

You can’t deny the games on the whole have been more entertaining and enjoyable?
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:11 - Apr 17 with 1029 views442Dale

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:10 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Agreed it is a small sample. Which is why you can’t judge an individual performance off of it. Especially when the man has only been in a job 2 weeks

You can’t deny the games on the whole have been more entertaining and enjoyable?

They have.

His interviews haven’t.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:11 - Apr 17 with 1028 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:07 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

I’m really not. You are saying a player giving the ball any is responsible for conceding a set play goal. Regardless of where the ball is given away it doesn’t matter as the you still have the chance to defend the set play. If we defend the set play and don’t concede are you even talking about it? Probably not.

The truth is you want to see a team play with fear of losing the ball and fear of being creative. I want to watch a team play without fear

I also disagree that the players can’t make 10 yard passes consistently. They can certainly make them over the past 4 games and it’s certainly an easier pass to make than a 40 yard one

We conceded the first goal on Saturday because we didn't defend the set-piece that came from Taylor committing a foul after he had needlessly given the ball away because of the way he has been instructed to play out from defence.

I'm not sure what's difficult to understand in that.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:13 - Apr 17 with 1019 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:03 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Well we all like our football played in different ways. I like us to clear our lines in dangerous areas of the pitch and I like us to play our football in our opponents half and defend from the front. I like defenders to keep it simple and defend. I don't like to see defenders playing the ball around their own penalty area. I don't like to invite our opponents on to us because i don't think we have the players to play through them. I also don't mind watching route one football if we have the players to do it. Get the ball forward at every opportunity and keep it away from your own goal. Watching tippy tappy football bores me to death, i want physicality and goal mouth action.
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:14 - Apr 17 with 1019 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:10 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

The Walsall game was and the Mansfield game was when we counter-attacked. Mellor should have scored at least one.

However, if it hadn't been for O'Donnell, we'd have lost quite heavily.

AFC Wimbledon was a poor game, in which we defended well and battled to a win with our only real effort on goal.

Saturday was rubbish, however you try to dress it up, as were Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday and Crawley in August.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:14]

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:14 - Apr 17 with 1019 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:09 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

I'm judging it on watching every game.

And the last 4 games have been a remarkable improvement on the previous 30 odd on the whole.

Bradford have lost 1 in 17 and a team who are making the playoffs. We lost to two set pieces goals and deflected shot.

Stats shows we had more possession and better chances with our XG 1.27 and theirs 0.95.
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:15 - Apr 17 with 1003 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:14 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

And the last 4 games have been a remarkable improvement on the previous 30 odd on the whole.

Bradford have lost 1 in 17 and a team who are making the playoffs. We lost to two set pieces goals and deflected shot.

Stats shows we had more possession and better chances with our XG 1.27 and theirs 0.95.

Stats show we lost 3-0.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:17 - Apr 17 with 995 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:14 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

The Walsall game was and the Mansfield game was when we counter-attacked. Mellor should have scored at least one.

However, if it hadn't been for O'Donnell, we'd have lost quite heavily.

AFC Wimbledon was a poor game, in which we defended well and battled to a win with our only real effort on goal.

Saturday was rubbish, however you try to dress it up, as were Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday and Crawley in August.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:14]

I don’t know what game you are watching but we didn’t counter once against Mansfield, the Mellor chance you speak of can from playing a short pass into a CB (god forbid)

I actually think we defended significantly worse against Mansfield and deserved to lose that game and draw the game Saturday against Bradford and you are right ROD had to make many saves against them. How many did he make against Bradford? I can’t remember one!
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:20 - Apr 17 with 979 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:15 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Stats show we lost 3-0.

Stats show you can’t outrun your XG and it is a true measure of performance. I’d take that consistently over a season and I’d guarantee we’d win more games than we lose if our XG is higher than our opponents.

This is proven btw. Recommend reading the Expected Goals Philosophy if you want to read up yourself
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:21 - Apr 17 with 973 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:17 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

I don’t know what game you are watching but we didn’t counter once against Mansfield, the Mellor chance you speak of can from playing a short pass into a CB (god forbid)

I actually think we defended significantly worse against Mansfield and deserved to lose that game and draw the game Saturday against Bradford and you are right ROD had to make many saves against them. How many did he make against Bradford? I can’t remember one!

Mellor's chances all came from quick breaks out from the back, not from passing the ball around the six yard box.

O'Donnell let three goals in against Bradford, so what saves he did or didn't make is irrelevant.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:23 - Apr 17 with 956 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:20 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Stats show you can’t outrun your XG and it is a true measure of performance. I’d take that consistently over a season and I’d guarantee we’d win more games than we lose if our XG is higher than our opponents.

This is proven btw. Recommend reading the Expected Goals Philosophy if you want to read up yourself

I don't, thanks. I can see with my own eyes at games.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:23 - Apr 17 with 956 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:21 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Mellor's chances all came from quick breaks out from the back, not from passing the ball around the six yard box.

O'Donnell let three goals in against Bradford, so what saves he did or didn't make is irrelevant.

No it didn’t. Go and watch it back. The attack starts with the GK. Please take some time to research things before you spout off incorrect information
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024